[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to play Soul Reaver? Should I play the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
What's the best way to play Soul Reaver? Should I play the PC version off GOG, or should I get the psx version and emulate it on my phone?
>>
Using aTouchscreen control pad for any kind of action game is the worst. If you have a decent game pad for your PC, you should go with that.
>>
File: 38c.png (95 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
38c.png
95 KB, 625x626
>>2809636

You started pretty good OP and you almost had me...7/10 thats the best i can do...
>>
>>2801735

And some idiots think we don't need this thread.
>>
>>2809636

All of the versions are good, as in there isn't a poor one, really. They are different (like the Dreamcast version has slightly different VFX and a high framerate) but note "different", not "worse".

I would personally recommend the PS1 original on a PS3/2/1 etc., because one of Soul Reaver's major selling points was that it was a technical marvel:

>> Large environments
>> Smooth framerate
>> Great visuals
>> NO LOADING SCREENS (the whole game streamed)

A modern version loses some of that, a bit.

TL;DR, play any of them.
>>
>>2809675
>referring to a bait thread
That was talking about FF, which we all know is a wanking war especially for version differences.
>>
>>2809690
>That was talking about FF
no, its talking about games in general, the OP just happened to use FF for his picture since its the one people complain about the most.
>>
>>2809692
That was the problem though. FF is basically the to /vr/ what console wars is to /v/. OP led in with bait, with or without knowing. The DQ version thread was way better and did it's job for example.

You could have a whole wiki about FF versions made specifically for /vr/ and we would still derail and make threads bitching about what the best version is.
>>
>>2809696
see
>>2809704
>>
Emulate the DC version
>>
Bought it on GOG a few years back, it plays fine. Make sure you have a controller.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.