[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite retro Wrestling game, /vr/? I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 25
What's your favorite retro Wrestling game, /vr/?
I'd say either No Mercy or this, as a close second.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 260x193) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 260x193
This one. No Mercy is number 2 for me though.
>>
File: 199288_28093_front.jpg (58 KB, 640x447) Image search: [Google]
199288_28093_front.jpg
58 KB, 640x447
WM 2000 was just a reskinned Revenge
>>
saturday night slam masters
>>
Super Firepro wrestling X Premium with the SRAM and language patches.

And Smackdown 2. Ohh Smackdown 2. when you can have BlackWarGreymon fight Sakura Kasugano using Undertaker moves, it feels speshul.
>>
>>2785530
>raven on the cover
damn. I can't believe it.
>>
File: WWESmackDownHereComesThePain.jpg (50 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
WWESmackDownHereComesThePain.jpg
50 KB, 353x500
>>2785530
it had a tonne of shit added though.
all the AKI games area the same engine and you could call them reskins of the njpw game or whatever came first.

there's a decent sized modding community for no mercy.

in this gen i liked no mercy and smackdown

but wrestling games didn't get perfect until THE SIXTH GEN
>>
File: AKI.jpg (10 KB, 331x356) Image search: [Google]
AKI.jpg
10 KB, 331x356
>>2785557
NWO v NWO Wolfpack v The Flock v WCW

Yeah it was released in that very brief time when WCW was pushing him as the US Champ and he had his own stable (The Flock), then they turned him into a shit and he left.
Also I'm sure Sting was originally meant to represent WCW on the cover in development as the pre-game cutscene is based on the Sting getting revenge on Hogan and the NWO angle.
By the time of release though Sting was red and black, Goldberg had become huge in a very short span and Raven was an up and comer that seemed like WCW was going to push into a main-eventer.
The last great time for dubya see dubya
>>
>>2785570
I'd agree with you however that was also around the time Undertaker went through his Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit phase.
>>
>>2785608
ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN'
>>
>>2785608
biker taker > oldschool taker

i miss steve blackman
>>
Of the ones I've played, No Mercy is the best. I want to try Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, but I can't find an English translated rom anywhere

Can someone hook a brother up?
>>
>>2785693
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Old_Skool_Reunion/index/
should be here, everything else regarding aki games are.

this just reminded me, when [s4s] was new and not full of avatarfagging and "ironic" anime ERP and when it was actually producing oc, i used to mod in our flavor of the week memes and make them fight and then stream it in a tinychat
>>
>>2785698

Thanks for the link, and holy shit why isn't that a thing like 4cc? We could team up with /asp/ to develop wrestlers and stables for each board (maybe 3 wrestlers per board?). Maybe it's just me, but I think there's enough pro wrestling interest on 4chan to get this off the ground
>>
>>2785709
i haven't been to /asp/ much but as far as i remember there wasn't much wrasslin talk , you can go to 420ch wooo for that but the moderation is pretty strict

that would be a really cool idea though.
maybe we could start a wrasslin game general here and run it from that
>>
>>2785687
The guy they brought in to fight the unstoppable Ken Shamrock?

Were you a fan of guys with no mic skills, no actual pro wrestling talent and a penchant for kendo sticks?
>>
>>2785715
i was a fan of the hardcore title
>>
>>2785575
>Seeing AKI Man on /vr/

I like you Anon. We can be friends.

Also, win by knockout only is best rule.
>>
>>2785698

Just found out I can't patch the VPW2 rom because the very specific patching program it uses doesn't run on Linux or in Wine. If anyone has a pre-patched rom they can upload, I'd be pretty grateful.
>>
Man, I played the FUCK out of WM2000.

I recently replayed it after reading supposed "cheats" that unlock matches.

Motherfuckers LIED TO ME! Oh, well; I had fun replaying it.
>>
>>2785803
Here you go.
https://mega.nz/#!pl4xyA4C!j04IhvZtUyaQjv-uQeWG2lvi54sweJOk6eKNpAGqsCk

90s AJPW is GOAT.
>>
File: 1344803682983.jpg (183 KB, 608x1060) Image search: [Google]
1344803682983.jpg
183 KB, 608x1060
>>2785530
Nigga's wearing a damn Sandman shirt.
>>
No Mercy is pretty much GOAT, if for fixing the joystick kick out issue and nothing else. However, Revenge will always be my personal favorite for nostalgia reasons. All nighters with Raven going over Sting. Priceless.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhmX07mk_xI
>>
File: AKIMAN.jpg (32 KB, 410x512) Image search: [Google]
AKIMAN.jpg
32 KB, 410x512
>>2785731
pic for you
>>
File: raven.jpg (21 KB, 421x301) Image search: [Google]
raven.jpg
21 KB, 421x301
>>2785826
He had a few I think he wore to and in the ring
>>
File: UncleZeb.jpg (120 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
UncleZeb.jpg
120 KB, 1024x768
No Mercy still GOAT of all time wrestling game.

I still play on my N64 and do CAWs of modern wrestlers on the original cart- No Mods.

Working within the limitations is hard but can be rewarding.

My last major update I believe was Mania 29. I booted my cart up a few days ago and the Shield was still the Shield- hell I had The Miz & Ambrose sharing a slot because there Finishers were similar at the time (Skull Crushing Finale/Headlock Driver)

Do we have enough /VR/ guys for a Wrestling Game General?

I promise I'll contribute.
>>
>>2785958
I don't remember this guy at all, but holy shit he is 90's as fuck.
>>
>>2785845
>fixing the joystick issue
Which issue are you referring to?
>>
>>2785823

Thanks for the link! The roster in this game is fucking fantastic, sadly it keeps freezing on me though. I think I'm gonna download No Mercy and try to import some CAWs if possible. I remember I had an impressive mix of modern WWE/NXT and NJPW wrestlers along with some ECW originals on my physical No Mercy copy, but I don't have that right now. When I'm back home I might try to post some of them here.
>>
>>2785823
Is this just the english hack of VPW2 nothing else done to it?

Wanted to see if it would run on an everdrive 64.

I'm also looking at my physical No Mercy 64 right now trying to figure out what old roster members I cannibalized for more modern wrestlers.

So far I've only figured out that I turned Essa Rios into Zack Ryder. Woo Woo Woo, You Know It!
>>
>>2785974
wow that looks pretty sharp for an n64, is that svideo?
>>
File: DelRio.jpg (756 KB, 778x581) Image search: [Google]
DelRio.jpg
756 KB, 778x581
>>2786004
Yeah, its S-Video on a Sony Trinitron with an iPhone.

New Pic is S-Video on a Sony PVM with an iPad

One of my best CAWs, and I am glad he is relevant again.

>Has the Cross ArmBreaker Finisher
>Does the superkick with his A+B move
>Moonsault of the top rope
>He has Ricardo Rodriguez (with Mic) in his entrance
>>
>>2786108

He was always relevant if you didn't just watch WWE like the huge pleb you are and checked him out in AAA and Lucha Underground.

Nice CAW though.
>>
>>2785980
By moving the stick, you can always kick out.
>>
File: Cesaro.jpg (776 KB, 778x581) Image search: [Google]
Cesaro.jpg
776 KB, 778x581
>>2786114
Yeah, but I think he can be a no question first ballot Hall of Famer if written for correctly.

He is literally early 2000s Kurt Angle (ie the You Suck Kurt Angle/Kurt Angle+Brock Lesnar=BFF era).

If they wrote him that way, I bet he'd draw that kind of money and heat.

>Implying I didn't see his "surprise" debut at ROH Philly

I'm no pleb, I'm petitioning for Lucha Underground Season 1 on DVD and wish Dario Queto was my dad.

Another one of my fav CAWs
>Big Swing Finisher
>Uppercut/Shoryuken A+B move
>Neutralizer Down+B Strong Grapple
>Pic Related Dual Cannon Taunt

I need to change his name though. I kinda like "Antonio" though. I wonder if I should make a Tyson Kidd? Is he ever going to come back?
>>
>>2785530
This was my favorite. I know 2000 had more shit but this one felt more complete.
>>
>>2786137
Kidd is done. How much of the current roster do you have? ROH?
>>
File: BootistaDEALWITHIT.jpg (738 KB, 778x581) Image search: [Google]
BootistaDEALWITHIT.jpg
738 KB, 778x581
>>2786145
Changes are as modern as about 2-3 years ago got all 12 CAW slots filled, a few cannibalized old guys who I didnt really care for and have similar move sets to newer guys, and a memory card with some spill over CAWs. I think my most recent CAW made is Bootista- pic related (probably the most fun I've had making a CAW)

"Modern" CAWs I have
>The Shield
>PrimeTime Players
>The Usos
>The Wyatts (Bray is on a Memory Card)
>Zack Ryder
>Jack Swagger
>CM Punk
>Daniel Bryan
>Cesaro
>Wade Barrett
>Damien Sandow
>Sheamus
>Ryback
>Del Rio
>Rey Mysterio Jr.
>Big E Langston
>Cody Rhodes
>Batista
>Kofi Kingston
>Fandango

Need to get Cena on my Cart. Fandango needs to be cut. Kinda want to cut Sheamus because he is the worst. Might cut Barrett because he is never going to be anything (but I do love his Alt 4 Nexus costume). Need to make Big E & Kofi some New Day Outfits. Trying not to cut the Miz, need to separate him from Ambrose and update Ambrose's finisher

I'm a bit behind on current roster as the last major overhaul I did was a few years ago and I need to find my memory card with some additional guys. I dont even have a John Cena on my cartridge, but I've got Best In The World CM Punk.

I admit to being pretty WWEplebish. Outside of occasional Lucha Underground. I really only follow ROH & indies through live shows and podcasts. That being said I might consider making Donovan Dijak, Moose, or Dalton Castle.

I also figured out that cannibalized Test when during the intro video Trish Stratus came out with Albert and TITUS ONEIL!
>>
>>2786205

Pretty impressive! IIRC I have:

>Ambrose
>Rollins
>Ziggler
>Cesaro
>Bryan
>Cena
>Lesnar
>RVD
>Sabu
>Sami Zayn/El Generico
>Hideo Itami/KENTA
>Shinsuke Nakamura
>Kota Ibushi

Ibushi is by far the most fun to play as; his top rope moves are crazy. Anyways, if you somehow got the time to do so, you should make a Pastebin of some of those CAWs. It's pretty hard to find and time consuming to create those giant movesets.
>>
>>2785257
WCW/nWo Revenge, but only because of personal subjective reasons. My friends and I played the everloving shit out of that game. Had we started with Wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy instead one of those would have been my favourites.

Regardless the THQ N64 wrestling games ruled.
>>
>>2786225
If this thread live on through the weekend (and I finish enough work) I'd be happy to start this and maybe make retro wrestling games a recurring thread depending on how it goes.

I totally forgot about Lesnar and Ziggler, they are on my mem card as well. I really have to do some moveset tweaks, but they arent perfect.

The only current WWE guys I think I'd like/need to make are Rusev & Kevin Owens

I'd LOVE to do Nakamura, Tanahashi, AJ Styles and Okada. Shout out to NJPW, I dont watch much but goddamn Wrestle Kingdom is creeping up to Mania in how exciting it gets me. Hopefully there is a better way to watch next year.

I like the little bit of Ibushi that I've seen. I also REALLY like Shibata- hed be super fun to make. Shibata vs. CM Punk in No Mercy would be a BLAST.

Also, DUH, I gotta make the Young Bucks. Those taunts are gonna be a TON of fun since they are literally just DX+NWO Wolfpack
>>
File: RybackRulz.jpg (728 KB, 778x581) Image search: [Google]
RybackRulz.jpg
728 KB, 778x581
>>2786261
Forgot my picture. I think this is the last pic I have for now. All hail THE BIG GUY!
>>
File: wwf wm tag.jpg (14 KB, 300x208) Image search: [Google]
wwf wm tag.jpg
14 KB, 300x208
>>2785257

I really liked WWF WrestleMania The Arcade Game a lot when I was a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6m9JBKyFE

>>2785575
>>2785731

I like that AKI Man is still remembered. People even still create the guy on the new WWE games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N73Bbhlr2w
>>
>>2786205
>>2786225
>>2786264
Very nice! Is there some kind of net-play for this? I kinda want to school you bitches.
>>
Mine is WWF wrestlemania 2000
>>
>>2785849
>I'LL KILLL YOUUUUUU
LETS GO PLAYER 1
>>
>>2786225
>he has Ambrose
>He has Rollins
>he doesn't have Reigns
That's called being a Shieldkuck
>>
>>2785712
there was the old /v/ wrestling stuff where they used a modern game and fought, I'd dig seeing retro wrasslin

Random question, what good wrasslin games are there for JP wrestling? I only recently got interested in it due to learning about JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER and I find strong style to be fucking choice.
>>
>>2787019
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 N64
If you want to play as someone you might be familiar with, Andre, Vader, Jushin Liger among others are in there.
>>
>>2785539
for the snes? my eternal nigga
>>
>>2785530
Raven being on the front with Nash Goldberg and Hogan is pretty cool. Considering how over those guys were compared to the flock leader(was quite grungey around the late 90s still)
>>
>>2785570

>smackdown
>not shit

I'll forgive you, you were young.
>>
>>2787643
>hyperbole
I'll forgive you, you're fresh from /v/.
>>
Anybody know any games similar to Kinnikuman Second Generation Dream Tag Match on the Wonderswan?
>>
>>2785257
Counting only up to the 5th gen?

Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium

Followed by WWF WrestleFest, WWF No Mercy, Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special, Super Fire Pro Wrestling Queen's Special, Saturday Night Slam Masters, and Fire Pro S 6 Men Scramble, in no particular order.

>>2785539
>>2785554
These posters have awesome taste.
>>
>>2787019
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has around 300 Japanese wrestlers in it.
>>
>>2786997
pleb tier taste to be frank cousin
>>
>>2785530
This is better than the WWF games based solely on the roster. WCW had such an awesome roster in the day. They had great cruiserweights like Jericho, Malenko and Misterio jr. They had great tag teams like Harlem Heat, The Outsiders, and The Steiners. Great mid-card guys like Buff Bagwell, Chris Benoit and Raven. They had great top guys like Sting, Hogan, Goldberg, Nash, Luger, and even DDP. Man, WCW was the best. It just seemed to beat out WWF in the wrestling department all the time. No matter how much hype and story WWF put into Austin/McMahon/Rock/Mankind or whatever they never matched the great wrestling on Nitro and Thunder.
>>
>>2787643
here comes the pain was GOAT, but just bring it has my favorite roster but thats more or less smackdown 2 with slightly better graphics.

anyone here played the newer games ? I picked up 2k15 on sale and before that I played 13, they really slowed everything down and made it less fun to play.

No mercy wasn't fast itself but the mechanics weren't overly complicated
>>
>>2785726
Ah, yeah, the jobber championship. You know it's bad when fucking Essa Rios held it.

All jokes aside I think we do need another jobber championship.
>>
>>2787791
>inb4 US Championship
>>
>>2787750
>No matter how much hype and story WWF put into Austin/McMahon/Rock/Mankind or whatever they never matched the great wrestling on Nitro and Thunder.

Are you fucking serious.
>>
>>2787803
Not that guy but it's partly true, the quality and popularity of WCW/nWo is responsible for McMahon lifting his game and starting the whole Attitude era, before that it was still relying on the cartoonish style that had become out-dated.
The overall quality and variety of WCW at its peak was fantastic, the cruiserweights and luchadores were doing things WWF couldn't touch. The sheer amount of talent they had was astounding.
And yes, they later fucked it all up.
>>
>>2787750
>>2787803
>>2787834
WCW 96-99 hands down had better quality wrestling action. Before the popular guys started to get creative control and the whole show became the NWO variety act, the cruiserweights and midcards were the reason to tune in.

The first hour of Nitro that was pure magic. Before people started leaving for WWF guys like Benoit, Eddie, Malenko, Juventud, Mysterio- these guys were putting on technical showcases. Even guys who had silly gimmicks like Alex Wright and Disco Inferno could throw down.

Dont forget that the first hour of Nitro was where Chris Jericho became a star doing schticks like his "List of 1004 holds", "Monday Night Jericho" and "Jericho+Ralphus".

Even the absolutely silly stuff was amazing like La Parka's dancing and GILLBERG
>>
>>2787803
>>2787834
WCW was legit circa-1997.

After that...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7QkI6kxV1k&t=12m52s
>>
>>2788051

Shit, wrong thread.
>>
>>2787871
>>2787879
If you guys want to see just how fucking great Monday Nitro could get, look up Sabu vs. Mr. J.L. on Youtube.

Mr. J.L. was Jerry Lynn, by the way.
>>
>>2787803
Yes, WWF never had great wrestling, not even in the attitude era, they shined with storylines. WCW had all the guys from Japan like Guerrero, Jericho, Malenko, and Benoit.
>>
>>2788262
That's a funny way to spell ECW. I never forgave wcw for ruining Mike Awesome.
>>
>>2787834
That's great and all, but Revenge is 1998 WCW and it's downfall in terms of booking and storylines and matches was well in place already. WCW was a legitimate alternative to WWF from 94-97 and then nWo came around and it was the beginning of a great high followed very shortly by a dazzling nadir. 1998 was probably more than halfway down that trajectory, as evidenced by the presence of the Wolfpac and Flock factions (yeah, sorry to Raven fans, the Flock wasn't exactly setting the world on fire.)

Like, you know what happened not to long after Revenge was made? The Finger Pin of Doom.

Not to mention that Revenge has a lot of "Hey it's THAT guy!" face recognition but they don't actually wrestle like their real-life counterparts. Everyone in the game has snapmare to dropkick style moves, just really really basic shit that they don't actually employ in their matches. WM2000 is also guilty of this, but to a much lesser degree owing to just plain having more actual wrestling moves in it.

I say this because I agree WCW in this timeframe did indeed employ very technically-oriented wrestlers in the cruiserweight division. But I think you're discounting some of the better wrestlers from WWF when you consider that WM2000 also had Jericho, as well as outstanding wrestlers like the Hardys, Edge, and Christian, who were all very successful at both being technically skilled AND made flashy performances even outside of gimmick matches. They had guys from Japan, too - a lot of people remember Taka Michinoku and Funaki fondly and hopefully for more than the running lip-synch gags they pulled. Anyways, 2000 was the tipping point for a bunch of WCW talent jumping ship anyways, pre-Invasion. It's not represented in the WM2000 roster because of development time, obviously, but guys like Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Perry Saturn jumped off in WWF as the Radicalz in 2000. That's half of WCW's best middleweight dudes right there.
>>
>>2787716
I know right why wouldn't that guy just have the whole Shield? pretty pleb tier
>>
File: flairgoesnuts.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
flairgoesnuts.jpg
120 KB, 1920x1080
>>2788303
I mentioned earlier in the thread that 98 was the last great time for dubya see dubya. Goldberg on the rise was hellishly popular, Wolfpac breathed some life into an nWo that was becoming stale, DDP at the top of his game, cruiserweights were awesome and still wowing fans.
Revenge came out mid 98 and the infamous Hogan-Nash shit went down on the first Nitro of 99. It's widely noted that from then on and afterwards the ratings went downhill, shit started getting incredibly stupid and the overlooked talent started jumping ship.
98 held some highly regarded all-time classic matches and as I'm looking up some "best of" lists now, even 99 had some shining moments that haven't been forgotten. But I agree with you on the most part.
>>
What's the best retro one with Thunder Liger?
>>
>>2786276
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N73Bbhlr2w
I haven't played a wrestling game since FPW Returns and it's sad that with all this technology today's wrestling games look terrible. Seriously, everything seems like it "snaps" together with barely any fluidity or organic nature to it.
>>
>>2788409
Thanks for being refreshingly conversational instead of the usual "you're wrong and stupid" shtick I've come to expect from /vr/.

Yeah, like, no year from either company is going to be uniformly good or bad (but it will come down on one side moreso than the other) but I always thought that 98 was the sign of the times for WCW precisely because I have the opposite reaction to Wolfpac - I thought they were doubling down on an already tired stable, splitting it in half wasn't going to fix the underlying problem, especially when the end result was everyone all joining back up into a singular stable anyway (minus Sting, as usual).

I bet we can agree 99 was definitely a bad year overall, though. All the old talent wracked with injuries because hey, they're old and the new talent aren't "big guys," except for Goldberg, the most useless wrestler of all time because he never puts anyone over. I literally just checked his stats, his only losses are from interference or as the guy who didn't get pinned in tag matches.

I dunno, if shitloads of WCW talent hadn't all gotten injured at the same time, maybe 99 would have been better and not caused so many storyline changes, but from what I've heard Bischoff was kind of going off the deep end trying to reclaim all the thunder Raw is War was stealing.
>>
>>2788394
Remember. When the Shield was breaking up everyone thought that Roman was going to be the next huge babyface like the Rock, Ambrose was going to be the smark favorite heel like Roddy Piper, and that Rollins was going to get lost in the shuffle because he "had no charisma"

Boy were we wrong in 2013.
>>
>>2788490
>Seriously, everything seems like it "snaps" together with barely any fluidity or organic nature to it.

Yeah, but the having the opposite be the case is worse. I mean, I'd rather have an engine where your reach is too long and have every grapple connect than an engine where your reach is too short and half the match is air-hugging.

2k16 is getting a bad wrap but from a presentation perspective, it certainly PLAYS like a pro match. Every wrestling game I've played up to it has always been a squash match one way or the other - 2k16 is for more viable as a representation of what you see on the TV. Yeah, whatever, you have issues with all the other shit, but it's fucking spot-on where it counts - during the matches.
>>
>>2788554
All the more reason, if he made the list in 2013, to have Reigns and Ambrose instead of Rollins and Ambrose.
>>
>>2788554
the reigns one was correct though
>>
WWF Smackdown 2 on the PSX(One) is GOAT, followed by WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade Game
>>
>>2788614
>Smackdown 2

Hold square. Now mash the d-pad - hooray, you now reverse everything 99% of the time.
>>
>>2788590
It will be in due time, I just dont know how they're going to pull it off or if HHH has the guts or the brains to do it right.

If they want Reigns to be the babyface right now. (My apologies in advanced for fantasy booking)
> Ambrose v Reigns in the finals
> HHH offers Ambrose a huge pay day for beating Reigns. Leave it ambiguous as to if Ambrose has accepted.
> Reigns & Ambrose have a classic match, but Reigns is starting to pull ahead with momentum
> Authority w/ Sheamus come out mid match having had paid him off to Cash In.
> Sheamus Brogue Kicks Ambrose out of the ring.
> HHH and some other Authority cronies MURDERING Ambrose outside of the ring.
> Reigns trying to get to him to help but hes dealing with Sheamus.
> Reigns beats Sheamus. Reigns goes to the outside, beats up cronies. Reigns punches out HHH saving Ambrose.
> Reigns pulls Ambrose into the ring, looks like hes about to go for the easy pin. Instead, pulls him up and give him a breather in the corner to recooperate.
> Ambrose tries a sneaky win, Reigns counters with a Rock Bottom.
>1-2-3, Reigns is the champ as a respectable face. Ambrose remains a tweener face. Respectful handshake hug between the two.
> Rollins music hits, he hobbles out on crutches to the top of the stage, gives a snarky/shades of grey clap. Walks away.
> Fade to black

I'd love to do CAWs of the entire WWE championship tournament and stream it the afternoon of Survivor Series.
>>
>>2788635
Would you like to stream some WWF No Mercy dream matches?
ideas:
>Raven vs Bray Wyatt
>Mankind vs Cactus Jack vs Dude Love
>Shawn Michaels vs The Rock
>Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins
>Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
>>
This game. First game I ever played with such a huge roster or male and female wrestlers that spanned decades. Plus the first wrestling game I ever played where you could smash fluorescent lights over peoples heads.
>>
>>2788301
ECW was just a small time independent promotion. Calling Jericho an ECW guy would be like calling him a Smoky Mountain guy. Wrestlers just stopped off there on their way to a major promotion. The Steiners even wrestled in ECW.
>>
>>2785712
>you can go to 420ch wooo for that but the moderation is pretty strict

They only ban /v/ tier shitposters and that's fine by me.

>>2787750
>>2787834
>>2787871
>>2787879
I never watched Attitude Era WWF when I was kid, I was on the WCW hype train. Sucks they only had 2 good games; Monday Night Nitro was the fucking worst
>>
>>2788394

I made my CAWs after the Rollins heel turn (I wanna say it was around fall of last year, because it was after the Lesnar-Cena Summerslam "match"), when Rollins and Ambrose were in a hot feud and Reigns was injured. Either way, I don't really see a point to making him, considering I'll never play as him and there's a limited amount of space for CAWs. Why the fuck would I have Reigns when I haven't even made Kobashi or Misawa yet?

>>2788635

Please do this. It'll either end with Cesaro going over or something crazy happening, like Titus O'Neill winning it all.
>>
>>2789000
I'll give you Jericho and the Steiners. I'm keeping Rey, Malenko, Public Enemy, 2 Cold (Flash Funk), Raven, Saturn, Taz, RVD, Douglas...you get the idea.
>>
WWF guys= SCSA, The Rock, Mankind, Triple H, The Undertaker, Kane, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho
WCW guys= Nash, Hogan, Hall, Flair, Sting, Goldberg, Savage, Booker T, DDP
ECW guys= RVD, Sandman, Taz, Raven, Dudley Boyz, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer
>>
>>2789243
well on my cartridge I have guys like Big Show, Dude Love, Old School Undertaker, Raven, Mean Street Posse, Gangrel, Mideon, The Headbangers, Hakushi, etc.
>>
I'm a newcomer to wrastlin games, my friend got me into wwe so I've been garnering an interest.
So I'm assuming I should start off with No Mercy with how much praise it gets?
>>
>>2788303
>WCW was a legitimate alternative to WWF from 94-97

This is objectively false. WCW turned to shit after Flair left in 1991 and got worse and worse until Hogan turned heel in 1996 and they began to make a recovery.
>>
>>2788303
>The Finger Pin of Doom

You basically just proved you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>2789481
>>2789485

The discussion here has been civil and pretty much on point.
You're a complete jackass trying to troll or either you're just fuckin' stupid.

Seriously, go away and don't come back, fuckwit.
>>
Guys, No Mercy's 15th Anniversary is coming up in a few day.

I cannot believe this game is 15 years old and still arguably better than whats being developed currently. Where is AKI, and how can we get this engine back?
>>
>>2789857
They are now Syn Sophia, and don't have any licenses that would fit the engine, so they're making fashion games for the 3DS.

The last game to use the engine was Def Jam: The Takeover on PSP, which was a slowed down 1v1 version of Fight for New York.
>>
>>2789261
Rey jr. wasn't an ECW guy, he only wrestled nine matches there, same with Malenko, he hardly wrestled for ECW. 2 Cold Scorpio was in WCW in 1992, as he wrestled at Collision in Korea. Raven is contentious, he had major success in WCW. I don't know why someone would be an ECW guy unless they were too shit to get picked up, like Samdman and Dreamer. Nobody wanted to stay in ECW, it was a small time promotion that didn't have the money to compete, and would have gone under earlier if not for Vince McMahon.
WWE only promotes ECW as a viabke alternative to WCW or WWF because it sells dvds, never believe what you hear in a WWF documentary.
>>
put me down for No Mercy OP
>>
Champion Wrestler. It's honestly not very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBrBM5k62w
>>
>>2789000
>ECW
>Small Time Indie
Show me and indie that had PPV, did shows in Japan and Canada, had a national TV deal, videogames, a magazine, and even beat WCW in PPV buys in one point in time.
>>
>>2790517

ECW was a small time indie though. Nobody bought their magazines or their game and it's part of why they went out of business. They failed because they tried to be more than the indy that they were.

Ring Of Honor is even bigger than ECW at this point simply for not going out of business and having national television.
>>
>>2790517
They were small time. They failed with all of those things.
>>
>>2789857
There is an indie project trying to recreate the AKI game style, but progress sounds super slow going. I hope they do it, I think nothing has topped No Mercy yet.
>>
>>2790517
>bingo halls
>>
>>2790573
ECW lived and died because of Heyman. He is a great booker, but has slightly below average business sense.

WCW had Ted Turner money behind it business wise.

Vince's dad practically made the business and Vince himself has (had?) above average business sense.

>>2790676
Ugh, thats been one of the biggest disappointments. The game technically already came out its called "Pro Wrestling X". But it is far from "complete" there are video reviews on youtube. They've been working on this game for over 10 years now and it looks like a demo at best.

I kinda wish these guys would call in some semi legit devs to help them out.

Hell, Full Sail is the new indie wrestling capital and has become the upstart gaming dev breeding ground. I personally know a few and they all happen to love wrestling. They should be calling recent Full Sail grads to help them
>>
>>2790573
ROH kinda took ECWs spot as far as the current Pro Wres scene is concerned. Early TNA could've taken WCWs spot but hell. The product just went down hill. Like all the fucking way down.
>>
man the aki wrestling games are some of the most nostalgic games ever for me, played them with my friends all the time in high school in the late 90's when wrestling was awesome
>>
>>2789956
Nigga please, I'm old. I remember all of this happening. I was at Heatwave 98 for fucks sake. Just because you didn't have a cool channel that carried Hardcore TV doesn't mean their product sucked.
>>
>>2791290
ECW died because their talent was raided regularly, tnn fucked them on their TV deal.
>>
>>2791313
>Heatwave 98

On s scale of 1 to 10, how hard did you shit yourself at Taz/Bam Bam?
>>
>>2791353
No words. Kinda like when Mankind won the title on Raw.
>>
>>2791353
Same guy. That Dudley promo was where the pants shitting happened, for me anyways. When they talk on dvds about riot potential, they're not lying. Those dudes had THAT kind of legit heat.
>>
I liked the gameplay of this series. I never see them get mentioned in wrestling game threads though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oov_5K-MRl4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sylcjf3xfls
>>
>>2791307
I cannot wait for TNA to go under so a proper postmortem autopsy of why they are so bad can be performed.

Off the top of my head, the biggest thing I can point to is their consistent knee capping of homegrown talent for WWE rejects looking for a hand out.

I will say that Christian on TNA was pretty refreshing for a while. He was a capable talent who legitimately wanted to help TNA flourish and to be a leader there as opposed to looking for a payday.
>>
>>2791313
I'm not saying they were shit, they were just a small time promotion and not competition to WCW and WWF.
>>2791315
>raided
Wrestlers don't wrestle so they can earn scraps wrestling in a high school gym for their whole life. If WCW or WWF came in offering a big contract then any ECW wrestler would take it. These guys had families to feed, they're not gonna turn down a six figure deal from Turner.
>>2791290
ECW only continued because Vince McMahon was pumping money into it.
>>
>>2791969
McMahon was pumping money into it while it was still primarily based in South Philly?
>>
>>2792157

Yeah. He used ECW as a development territory. They had a deal where Vince would send unseasoned guys to ECW to wrestle, and obviously Vince appreciated the characters Heyman created seeing as he stole so many. It saved him the effort.
>>
is this an aki game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7cCkgDG5ls
>>
>>2785976
Don't remember him? Assuming you're not an actual wrestling fan and just a fan of the games. He was in every major promotion including ecw, wce, and wwf. He was always a midcard guy though unfortunately
>>
>>2786276
WWF Wrestlemania and WCW/nWo Revenge are tied for my all time favourite wrestling games.

I hope you didn't play the SNES version though m8
>>
File: Capture.png (634 KB, 829x468) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
634 KB, 829x468
>>2786276
kek is he flipping him off? don't remember "good brett" (pre-attitude era) ever doing something like that
>>
>>2793893
*Anyway that guy's review was shit.

WWF Wrestlemania was a game literally built on fun and non-stop action. Fuck his shitty "opinion".
>>
>>2792645
No it's not. The only AKI wrestling games on ps1 are WCW vs the World & it's original Japanese counterpart Virtual Pro-Wrestling
>>
>>2785731
The only setting I ever played on.
>fuck submissions
>>
>>2794284
>>2785731
>liking shoot wrestling

The only time shoot wrestling is entertaining is when the match isn't booked for shoots.
>>
>>2791290
>Vince's dad practically made the business and Vince himself has (had?) above average business sense.

Say what you like about Vince o WWE, but he's practically a genius when it comes to business.
>>
>>2787019
Shin Nippon Pro Wrestling: Toukon Retsuden 3
>>
Bought WCW/NWO Revenge today and thoroughly enjoy it. That intro is astounding for an N64 game, made me laugh and it was cool for how long and goofy it was.
Looking to get No Mercy tomorrow from a reseller at a local flea market since the stores I went to today didn't have No Mercy. Hope he'd be willing to trade games since I'm looking to get rid of some doubles.
>>
File: Screenshot (23).png (16 KB, 1305x207) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (23).png
16 KB, 1305x207
WWF No Mercy probably
>>
File: download.jpg (12 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12 KB, 256x192
>>2793876
>Championships held by Raven over the course of his career include the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, ECW World Tag Team Championship, NWA World Heavyweight Championship, WCW Light Heavyweight Championship, WCW United States Heavyweight Championship, WCW World Tag Team Championship and WWF/E Hardcore Championship. He is recognized as the most decorated wrestler in the history of WWE with 32 separate title reigns under the WWE, WCW and ECW banners, including a record 27 reigns as WWF/E Hardcore Champion
He was also a manager, commentator, associate producer for Monday Night Raw, a member of Mensa with a degree in criminal justice from the University of Delaware
>>
>>2786205
Found my memory card containing some extras:
>Bray Wyatt
>JOHN CENA
>Brock Lesnar
>Big Show
>AJ Lee
>Kaitlyn

...pretty sad about those last two not being around anymore.

Finally got around to splitting up Miz and Ambrose and giving Ambrose the double arm DDT finisher.

Proceeded to check out how some of them are and had a 5 star match between myself as Cena and CPU Reigns.

Need to tweak Reigns' move set as he has a bunch of flippy shit grapple moves like a Hurricanrana Pin.

Any recommendations as to what his strong grapple special should be? Both of his actual finishers: Spear and Superman Punch are running attacks available at anytime.

Right now I have him doing the Last Ride powerbomb as it is similar to 3man powerbomb hed do while in the Shield.
>>
>>2790517
TNA?
>>
File: The USA.png (116 KB, 292x624) Image search: [Google]
The USA.png
116 KB, 292x624
>>2785257
Anybody /wrestleangels/ here?
>>
>>2785257
My local shop had every single n64 wrestling game NIB for a 1$ each, but no n64 yet so I passed it up.
should I have passed it up?
>>
>>2798872
27 of 32 championships were the Hardcore title (the jobber award). I hate to burst your bubble but Raven, like many ECW guys, got tons of pop while working in ECW and completely failed to live up to their potential once out of their small pond.

>a record 27 reigns as Hardcore Champion

Jesus, why would anyone be proud of a title belt that would get awarded a dozen times in a single night.
>>
>>2801235
No, but now I want to!
>>
>>2801589
same, where can I find this? platform? english patch?
>>
>>2786205
Have you played the Showdown 64 mod for No Mercy?
>>
>>2801589
No you don't. It's Wrestling: Now in Spreadsheet Form!®
>>
>>2801812
but that sounds fun
>>
>>2801591
Just googled it. Wrestle Angels, got a lot of titles. Last PS2 games has over 100 characters apparently.
>>
>>2801589
>>2801591
>>2801917
No translation. Either start with Wrestle Angels Survivor 2 on PS2 or Super Wrestle Angels on SNES. I can't quite remember the rules off the top of my head, but I could probably walk you through it.

Here's what a match looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3LF4tIELpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_nH5TPSPw
>>
>>2801797
Nope, I like to play on the original system. I don't know of any no mercy mod that works on an everdrive.
>>
File: 1447062038701 (ed).jpg (76 KB, 524x294) Image search: [Google]
1447062038701 (ed).jpg
76 KB, 524x294
>>2785530

I think you meant to post this picture

I don't know who that guy in your picture was, but he obviously isn't a wrestler and the WWE has never heard of him

>next thing you know, this guy will be making up names like "Chris Benoit" or "Chyna." Such goofy random names
>>
>>2801917
>>2801972

>A wrestling game with no wrestling in it sounds fun

Maybe just stick to bitching about how you'd book Wrestlemania 32, at least you don't need to learn Japanese to do that.
>>
File: Dan Severn 2.jpg (33 KB, 490x380) Image search: [Google]
Dan Severn 2.jpg
33 KB, 490x380
>>2785715

Newfags

Don't even know about Dan "The Beast" Severn
>>
>>2793893

I think he's holding up his index finger (in a #1! gesture). The finger doesn't look like it's in the middle of the hand.

And I think you mean
Brett before "Brett screwed Brett"
>>
>>2801253

"The champion makes the belt," not the other way around.

Really, one single night is what tarnished the belt in a big way
>Time limit match was good in theory
>Should have made it "king of the mountain"
>No reason to have the belt actually change hands during the match
>All those title reigns are just moronic
>Truly jobber award that night

Besides that, though, there were a lot of good times with the They had a lot of creative matches, and it helped establish Foley as a hardcore wrestler in a mainstream way
>Japan/ECW/independents not counting as "mainstream"
It also featured one of the few times a woman held a "men's" belt
>Though it also led to the evening gown match between Patterson and Brisco... *vomit*
>>
>>2802619
Sarcasm, m8. Shamrock and Blackman had no business being in pro wrestling.
>>
>>2802632
The fact that that belt got passed around like free spliff is definitive proof that Raven never got off the midcard in the big leagues.

Look at the other non-ECW titles he held, all midcard shit with Hardcore being the bottom of the barrel.

I'm not saying he's a crap wrestler, but the best I can say is that he was booked wrong and underutilized, though I wouldn't fight very hard to uphold that opinion.

Also the Hardcore title changed hands several times in more than just one night. Most of Raven's reigns come from getting beaten earlier that same night. I'd wager that any PPV that booked a Hardcore title match almost ALWAYS had the belt switch hands more than once.

>It also featured one of the few times a woman held a "men's" belt

Chyna already had won the Intercontinental Championship at that point, though, a much more important historical note than Molly Holly being the Hardcore champ for all of 55 minutes.

That Hardcore Championship was completely used up as soon as Mick Foley used it to establish himself and promptly left it behind for greener pastures. When it first debuted and he was wearing it, yeah, it could have been great but instead, as soon as Mick wasn't wearing it the whole thing went to shit. Christ sakes, Al Snow had it 6 fucking times, if that isn't proof it was the pity award, nothing is.
>>
>>2802694

I think you missed my whole point

The belt depends upon who has recently held it, and whether or not they've given credibility to the belt. A title, in and of itself, means nothing.

>Foley gets belt, does crazy shit, belt is great
>King of the Mountain match where belt changes hands, belt is shit
>Wars involving Blackman, Shane O'Mac, Al Snow, etc. - belt is great
>Patterson and Brisco - belt is shit

And the Molly Holly reign wasn't very significant to the belt, but I think there are only three times a woman has held a men's belt in the history of the WWE - those two, and I think Jazz held the European title or something.
>I think one in WCW, with the cruiserweight title
The fact that it only happened three times in history makes it significant
>Though I've read Chyna was going to win the WWE title, but they made her choose between that and Playboy. I think it was after Triple H cheated on her, so I'm not surprised she wanted to feel pretty rather than win a wrestling belt
>>
>>2802698
You've missed my whole point that Raven is midcard for life and having a worthless title doesn't elevate the prestige of either the title or the wrestler.

It was made for Mick Foley, and when he outgrew it, they retooled it into something completely pointless and floundered to find anything creative to do with it. I disagree with your assessment that the belt was ever great again when Mick Foley wasn't actively competing for it, and even then it wasn't all that great. I understood your point that the belt was ruined, you're not seeing that it STAYED ruined permanently, and it doesn't matter who has a title how many times when it has flip flopped in a matter of seconds literally dozens of times. That isn't how championships work.
>>
File: 1430712703379.jpg (34 KB, 482x508) Image search: [Google]
1430712703379.jpg
34 KB, 482x508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XnUHAX5-o

>this intro

Fuck, I need to get one of these n64 wrestling games.
>>
>>2803114
I bought this one last week and that intro caught me off guard for how amazing it was.
My friend is a bigger fan of wrestling than I am and he was having a blast watching it.
>>
>>2801812
I just like the cute wrestling girls. And don't normally like either wrestling or wrestling games, but I may check out the PS2 one thanks.
>>
>>2802958

I agree with you for the most part, including about Raven being nothing more than a midcarder (or a Jobber to the Stars at best).

What I disagree with was that the Hardcore Championship was *never* good without Foley.
>I think the Shane McMahon/Blackman feud was enhanced by having a belt on the line - I think it was a great run, and I think it gave the belt credibility
>I think it helped RVD get on the path to success. RVD had a unique blend of hardcore talent and traditional talent. His run as Hardocre Championship let him do the flashy hardcore stuff, while at the same time mixing in real ("real"...) wrestling ability. I think the latter helped establish him as a serious wrestler within the WWE - whereas people like Dreamer, Rhyno (yes I watch NXT, but still no), Sandman, etc. were never taken seriously.
>tl;dr it helped RVD move from ECW style to WWE style
>>
>>2797073
Hey, I'm back and while I did buy No Mercy, holy shit do I suck at wrestling games. Every time I think I'm doing good, I get my ass handed to me, especially in matches where I'm face 2 people at the same time and I only have two tries to win.
How the fuck do I "get good"?
>>
>>2802683
But Steve Blackman is a boy! He's in my stable! My dynasty!

MUH BOY!
>>
>>2802613
[REDACTED]...brother.
>>
>>2806724
Two tips:
1. Separate them when you can. Throw one out of the ring and beat the other one up inside the ring.

2. SUBMISSIONS. When you are in a 2 on 1/handicap match it is often easiest to win by submission. Whenever an opponent is on the ground go to their feet or head and press A to do a submission move on it. It takes a shorter time for an opponent to tap out after multiple submissions have been put on them than to get a 3 count and risk getting interrupted by the other person.
>>
>>2807104
>But Steve Blackman is a boy!

So was Chyna.
>>
>>2786276
Razor ramon wid that insane combo
>>
>>2808278
>Razer Ramon
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.