[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll just leave this here...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: tmnt-nes-06.png (6 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-nes-06.png
6 KB, 256x224
I'll just leave this here...
>>
I would say this part is a casual filter but honestly it just gets harder and harder as the game goes on
>>
>>3317354
This thing is tremendously overhyped.
It's not that hard.
>>
i got past the dam regularly as a kid. The part that fucked me was the mecha turtle or whatever when you're on top of the building. Never got past that part

years later, on an emulator, I played this game with Game Genie cheat so turtles wouldn't take damage and still couldn't beat the game (there was this shit that would one shot you towards the end even with the cheat on)

I didn't think to use save states, i am gonna need liquor if I'm ever gonna try that again. I remember when Angry Nintendo Nerd got popular for shitting on this game, it was cathartic for me and he was like the voice of every kid in my generation who played this game. Which is basically every kid in my generation

fuck you Konami
>>
I actually really liked this game and sad that there was never a proper follow up with this format.
>>
>>3317435
Yeah I think they should have made more games like this. Instead they just remake the same Turtles In Time style beat em up over and over.
>>
>>3317452
If it ain't broke...
>>
The dam level is minor annoyance at best, shit only hits the fan at level 5 when finding the Technodrome from it's random location, beating the Technodrome and the corridor of death inside it comes up.

Then again
>expecting anyone parroting AVGN to actually know what he is talking about

>>3317435
If you haven't played it yet try Getsufuu Maden out.
>>
This game would have been much more playable and probably not have the reputation of being difficult that it does if it regenerated your health between levels. That's really all it needed.
>>
>>3317435

The spritework is really fucking good and its one of the few open world NES games

I really liked it as a kid too
>>
>>3317562
>the Technodrome and the corridor of death

Is that corridor even possible to beat without using 50 scrolls or making every enemy move off screen so they vanish?
>>
>>3317452
>the same Turtles In Time style beat em up over and over.
you meant TMNT a.k.a. TMNT Arcade on NES. you retarded underaged faggot.
>>
>>3317704

You gotta farm 100 scrolls for 3 turtles (you can sub boomerangs for Donatello to give him a good close range attack)
>>
It was hard as kid, but depressingly easy as an adult... just make sure you have near full health for each turtle before starting the level.
>>
>>3319245
Except Turtles In Time sucks and the NES ones don't, dipshit
>>
>>3317354
Some indie shitter made an entire game surrounding this level. That Dam Level redux. Stupid premise, 3 year old drawings, and "Find loot, craft equipment and triumph... or perish." Fuck.

>>3320025
You're joking right? What does TMNT II: The Arcade Game have that Turtles in Time doesn't? I cannot see how you can enjoy one and not enjoy the other.
>>
>>3320035
>>3320025
Hyperstone Heist kicks both their asses.
>>
>>3317704
Yes, but it requires you to be very lucky and know exactly how to manipulate the laser shooting rocketpack men to position themselves just where you need them to be so you can defeat them and move on without taking too much damage yourself. It's basically a waste of effort when you can just mow them down with ranged weapons or cheese them off the screen.
>>
Unless you have a chemical imbalance in your brain, common sense would tell you to switch around your turtles once your HP gets low.
Even as a 6-8 year old me understood this
>>
>>3320025
I love all the TMNT beat em ups and I really don't see how you can think turtles in time isn't as good as the NES ones. They're all great for their own reasons.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.