[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, im going to start a repro game business, i have 20 boards,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: invaders.gif (10 KB, 585x718) Image search: [Google]
invaders.gif
10 KB, 585x718
So, im going to start a repro game business, i have 20 boards, shells and burnt eproms on the mail, now i need help chosing a logo or "brand" if you will.

Im inclining for Virus Repros with one of pic related as the logo, im going to order security labels so i dont deal with retards damaging the boards and trying to ask for a refund.

Any help suggestion apprciated.
>>
>>3304076
get a lawyer in preparation for your eventual lawsuit from Square Enix
>>
Unless you can produce them for $5 apiece or less, I'd advise against doing this at all. The only reasons people buy repros are because a) they don't want to get in trouble for downloading a ROM or b) they don't want to invest in a flashcart. That's really the only audience you have with repros.

-That being said-, if there's one thing I think a lot of people would gladly spend a lot of money on, it would be a single multicart with every officially released ROM preinstalled and categorized. Maybe some homebrews and hacks as well. Is that something you think you could do? Because damn, that would put you so far ahead of the game it's crazy.
>>
Genesis repros are being sold for $5 and the SNES ones are around $13 on aliexpress. Don't even bother if you can't compete with those prices.
>>
>>3304095
im not in the US.

>>3304119
That guy selling them on Aliezpress doeant have a LOT of the more popular games, specially translated ones.

Actually im going to sell multicarts with 2 maybe 3 games on each cart depending on size of course, chips i ordered are 4MB,also only games that are expensive as fuck, like sunset riders, wild guns, ninja gaiden trilogy and stuff like that that.
>>
>>3304140
>im not in the US.
If you live in
>United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Sweden
you could still be prosecuted.

>That guy selling them on Aliezpress
There are a lot of companies selling repros, man. A lot of them. I take it you haven't fully thought out your business plan?
>>
>>3304140
What I advise you if you really want to succeed in your business is to hire real translator that will translate games that everyone likes but they have no translation.
That is the only way you will get any attention in the sea of regular repos,you will have the upper hand in quality and marketing against the other repo sellers in a sense that you will actually have games people would want to pay for instead of downloading rom.
>>
>>3304148
not on any of those countries either.

Find me another wrbsite selling repris for 15 dollars.

Every one is seeling them for $40 +-

Also... not sure if any of you actually READ what this tgread is about. im not wsking for financial advice.
>>
>>3304153
>Find me another wrbsite selling repris for 15 dollars.
We don't need to, because literally everyone who has any interest in repros knows about Aliexpress. Literally everyone. And if they don't, they'll default to looking on websites like eBay and Amazon, where repros are outright banned.

>Also... not sure if any of you actually READ what this tgread is about. im not wsking for financial advice.
Nobody is going to bother voluntarily helping you with your brand if you don't have anything new or interesting to offer the market. Plus, this is 4chan. Surely you know that this website will criticize any move you make, right?
>>
>>3304161
you should tell that to the guys ive seen dropping $40-60 on repros at many conventions ive been in the Houston Dallas area.

>Nobody is going to bother voluntarily helping you with your brand if you don't have anything new or interesting to offer the market. Plus, this is 4chan. Surely you know that this website will criticize any move you make, right?

few weeks ago we had a very nice thread about with some otherpeople that sell repros and it was veey informative and helpfull... i forgot summer is here tho, that means vr gets also infested with underage angsty edgy millenials
>>
Reproductions exist in almost every other medium, people reproduce comics, film reel and Vinyl records are still pressed, I don't know why Nintendo doesn't make their own collectable reproduction carts to begin with. Though it is nintendo, they don't seem to understand their brands worth outside of making new horrible hardware, the fact that they're only just now looking into the film industry is almost absurd.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.