[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Father's Day Gaming!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 78775576.jpg (136 KB, 1176x662) Image search: [Google]
78775576.jpg
136 KB, 1176x662
Let's celebrate dad and share some father's day related, retro-gaming stories/experiences! Also:

>What's your dad like?
>What retro-vidya you playing with him today?
>>
>What's your dad like?

He's all around pretty boring. He's obsessed with hockey and football, WWI, etc. The only game my dad used to be OBSESSED with was Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. He was able to get to one of the last bosses before Robotnik. He hasn't really played any games since.

..None.
>>
>>3302595
>Let's celebrate dad and share some father's day related, retro-gaming stories/experiences!
I never played video games with him. When he was forced to look after me while my mom worked and I was still young, he'd lock me in the attic so he could smoke weed and pass out on the couch.

>What's your dad like?
Burnt-out hippie retard baby boomer. Guy's a deadbeat who was never father material and left me to be raised by my mother and grandmother. Typical entitled boomer attitude too "me me me, I got mine, fuck off and get yours asshole!" even though he was coddled by HIS family well into his 20's.

None. I moved out for school at 18 and never looked back and haven't contacted him since, don't plan on it either. I'm 30 now and he never asks my mom about me and I don't ask about him.
>>
My dad lives in a different state now, but he generally keeps up with PC releases and my gaming computer growing up was built from his hand-me-down parts, but retro-related, when I was born, he had an NES and then we eventually got a PS1, and I rarely played multiplayer games with him so much as watched him beat things I was too young to get a hang of, like the original Tomb Raider.
>>
>What's your dad like?
dead
none
>>
>What's your dad like?

White.
>>
File: 1461561116087.jpg (46 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1461561116087.jpg
46 KB, 500x371
>>3302595
>black
>fathers day
>>
File: 1321491782010.png (58 KB, 441x361) Image search: [Google]
1321491782010.png
58 KB, 441x361
I'm sorry OP, but my dad's a general retard that believes the president's a space lizard and all musicians from hollywood are black transexuals.

He got me into video games though, he loved playing wave race 64 and soviet strike on the saturn before turning full retard.
>>
>>3302715
Not everyone that posts pictures of anime is into it.

Anime is trash but anime girls are the miracle of the universe.
>>
>>3302643
How is that anon a c,uck? Do you even know what the word means you stupid summerfag? He sounds more adjusted than 90% of 4chinks given his shit childhood and being raised by a woman.

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>3302682
Same here. Nothing of value was lost tho.

Also I'm old enough to have kids of my own, but I'm such a loser that will probably never happen.
>>
>>3302757
I don't see how that meme is racist.
>>
Mentioned this in a Street Fighter thread last week. My dad was a tournament player in the early 90s for Street Fighter II with Guile. I've yet to beat him. He's a farmer now. 10/10 would want to raise me again.
>>
My dad was too busy drinking and / or beating the shit out of me to participate in anything recreational. If it weren't for my siblings trading with their friends all the time, the family wouldn't have had access to video games in the first place. Dad tended to waste his money on beer runs, at least when he was able to hold down a job at all.

We've been excommunicated for years. Assuming I had kids of my own one day, I couldn't take the chance that my dad would abuse them too.

Not to derail this thread into a more sour note, but just being honest and adding my thoughts. I'm sure there are other /vr/ troopers who grew up in dire circumstances, so know that you guys aren't alone on this Father's Day.
>>
When I got a ps2 my went out and bought vice city. we chopped peoples heads off and it made my sister cry
>>
>>3302784
Estranged. Excommunicated is when you're kicked out of a religion.
>>
My dad loves Resident Evil. We've played through most of them together over the years. Played RE4 the most though. Good times
>>
Would do outdoors stuff with dad
Would do vidya with mom
>>
>>3302595
>what's your dad like?
The very opposite of me, he's a social butterfly who everyone loves. He was dirt poor growing up and grew up with no father in his life. Growing up he was never there really, either working, wanting to be alone, or going out with his friends. Over time I've grown pretty cold around him, I love him but he wasn't a great dad. I feel my mother and grandparents raised me more then he did.
>What retro-vidya are you playing with him today?
None, he never liked games. We never really did anything together when I was a kid and we don't do much together now. He always wished I had done more socially acceptable things as a kid and teen.

Sorry for the blog, nice to get that out sometimes.
>>
>>3302595
>Whats your dad like?

He used to be a very egotistical self centered man, a loving father but.. a cutthroat american psycho business type. These days he's older and a much better person.

None, truth be told I didn't even know it was fathers day and I doubt he much cares.
>>
He's the typical buddy-dad. He loves cars, so Gran Turismo was right up his alley. Also enjoyed playing Twisted Metal and Duke Nukem with him.

I remember staying up all night playing endurance races in GT1/2. Great times.
>>
>>3302595
>Black dads
>existing

???
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.