[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>FIR2 one shots entire monster parties My Warrior and now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
>FIR2 one shots entire monster parties
My Warrior and now my Black Mage are OP as all tits, will my Black Belt and White Mage follow suit?
White Mage is equipped with a silver hammer, and I'm keeping my Black Belt unarmed.
>>
>>3290000
monk will out damage warrior late game
>>
Wait till that white mage gets masamune
>>
it takes a while for the Black Belt to get really cool, but you're almost at that point. the Fighter is kind of always awesome though.

White Mage will never, ever not suck at fighting, but that's not what they're for. (yes, they're good with a masamune, but so is everyone else. they just don't have a weapon that doesn't suck until the masamune.)

once you get items that throw unlimited level 2 elemental attacks and Heal, your mages will have better shit to do than to ever use a weapon anyways.

don't mind me though, i'm just bitter because i still play this on the NES and the game is buggy as shit. Grand Master is actually slightly worse than a BlackBelt, Thief is literally worthless, half the elemental-attuned weapons in the game and several spells are busted... it's fun but in the bad, hard way.
>>
Black Belts become insanely powerful, and by insanely powerful, I mean bugged. It's not uncommon to see a Black Belt / Master go near the 10k damage mark with FAST abuse. It's even more outrageous in the remakes since attack buff spells aren't bugged and have a cumulative effect.

White Mages are the only characters capable of using the HEAL-class spells, but since INT is bugged and has no effect in this version, all mages cast magic with the same efficiency. So a Red Mage is just as effective as a White Mage, minus the fact that he doesn't have access to all White Magic spells.

Fighters are possibly the most well-balanced characters in the game, although Red Mages are arguably tied with them. Fighters can absorb insane amounts of damage with their good armor access and can usually KO a foe in just one hit. Red Mages by comparison have sub-par armor access, but can use some of the more decent swords available in the game. They can also use tier-two and -three elemental spells, so they can mop up enemies faster than Fighters, assuming you have the spell charges to go around.
>>
Who cares. FF1 is trivially easy. You can literally beat it as 4x WHM without even trying.
>>
>>3290732
>FF1 is trivially easy
until you solo a thief.

Difficulty is what you make it.
>>
>>3290000
I'd swap the order of the BM and WM if I were you. BMs die the easiest and need to be in the back.

>>3290150
>it's fun in a bad way
Now, stop that. That's silly.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.