[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post game tidbits you think you are the only one to have found.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: dino.jpg (93 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
dino.jpg
93 KB, 480x480
Pic related, Dinosaurs can open doors and leap over fences. Also, there's a way to get instantly killed by a cliff collapsing if you do things in the wrong order.
>>
>dinosaurs can open doors
>a core mechanic of this game
literally everyone who ever played dino crisis found this out
>>
File: ThuSep1715-52-542009.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ThuSep1715-52-542009.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>Post game tidbits you think you are the only one to have found

In Resident Evil, the statues you have to push down in the mezzaine 1st floor west side, you can safely knife zombies through the statues. Also works in REmake.

Also in the courtyard, dogs can't hit you if you stand on the elevators. If you stand at the right spot and with a good timing you can knife the dogs as they are jumping to bite you but are stopped by an invisible wall just in front of the elevator.

Then, when you come back to the mansion and there are Hunters everywhere, there are 2 big spiders in the corridor East, groundfloor (the one where dogs jump through the window at the start of the game). If you stand in between furnitures, you can knife them without them being able to hit you.

Finally, in the PC version of the game and only in that version, there is a hidden Beretta clip in the back of the room (in a dark spot near the door). You can't actually see it but if you press the action key you will pick it up. Probably a present from the PC port devs to hint at how the Tyrant can actually be killed in less than 15 Beretta bullets.
>>
>>3282965
It's only triggered at certain doors, and only under specific circumstances.
>>
I just found out that, in Vagrant Story, your weapon affinity affects the damage you do when casting spells.
I brought Guildenstern down with like 5 Fireballs (I think it was Fireball, anyway) just by banging 3 Ifrit Carnelians on a Summoner's Baton and using the fire enchantment spell.

I always thought weapon affinity only affected melee damage.
>>
>>3282967
>clip

Sorry, my inner /k/ woke up for a second there.
>>
In Final Fantasy II, you can beat the Dark Elf while wearing gear, as long as it's the silver armour that you can buy at that tiny island. Silver isn't magnetic.
>>
The version of Super Mario Bros. 2 we got in the west is actually a Japanese game called Doki Doki Panic with different sprites.
>>
I don't know how many fallout games this occurs in, but if you sheath your weapon when talking, it makes persuasion easier.
>>
>>3283007
That's how they are called in the game.
>>
File: BatmanReturnsStage2-2MapBG.png (39 KB, 2560x672) Image search: [Google]
BatmanReturnsStage2-2MapBG.png
39 KB, 2560x672
In the stage 2-2 of Batman Returns there are secret items in the vertical shafts where you have to use the grappling hook to advance. To make them appear you have to slide to the left and right side of every "floor" and you'll get hearts and batarangs.
>>
File: 5DVtW8c.jpg (263 KB, 600x2129) Image search: [Google]
5DVtW8c.jpg
263 KB, 600x2129
>>3283013
>II
>>
File: Rondo_chapels.png (26 KB, 505x221) Image search: [Google]
Rondo_chapels.png
26 KB, 505x221
I haven't found any site that mentions this and just discovered it by myself the other day while playing Rondo of Blood for the 1000th time.

See these 3 statues to the upper right part in this room? Hit them each once with either an axe, or Maria's regular dove attack works too if you jump high enough. Once all 3 statues are facing the opposite direction, a cash bag that gives you 1000 points will drop.
>>
Xenogears...

Towards end game there's a small island with a house on it. All of the items in the house are on the ceiling. If you jump and push X to sit down you sit upside down in the seat. But when you stand up it forces your character to stand right side up, thus placing you above the ceiling.
>>
>>3283125
cool
>>
I don't think I'm the only one to have found this, but at the time I did, maybe.

In castlevania symphony of the night, you can skip large portions of the game if you have a turbo controller, and the mist ability.

You jump up and turbo mist across to the gap to dracula.

I tried it manually but it was way to straining.
never made it
>>
>>3283296

I brute forced myself through the spiked corridor that leads you to the Maria fight (Saturn/PSP ver.) by only using the bat form to fly through, and then just brute forced Alucard into passing through the blue door. I just kept transforming into a bat and then dropped trying to go through the door. Died a couple times but eventually did it, I thought that was the way to do it, didn't know about the "spike boots" you were supposed to find.

But I think SOTN, there's a lot of ways to sequence-break it.
>>
>>3283307
haha, that sounds familiar.
yeah when they give corridors like that your first instinct is to fly or something.

maybe it's because you dont expect to be allowed near an area if you don't have the right items. since most games are linear.
>>
>>3283307
Yes I did that two on my first playthrough, only found the entire area in the underground that requires to blow up the wooden bridge once I was in the reverse castle...

I think the way to brute force the spike corridor, is to turn back to human form when you're as close as possible to the door; but also at the same time take out your shield. At least that's how I did it.
>>
If you beat super smash bros on very hard mode with 1 stock using Jigglypuff you can unlock goku
>>
>>3283296
Wait, I think what you do is fly as far as you can up and left with bat, and THEN spam mist.

I haven't done this in like 10 years so its hard to remember.
>>
>>3283386
Why would you lie to us anon? I just did this with no continues and I unlocked Sanic.
>>
If you name your save file Justin Bailey, Tomb Raider becomes a girl
>>
>>3283510
Oh you have to use 365 continues to make one year pass in the game, I forgot to mention that. Goku comes in and says he's finished his training and fights you. If you do it a second time he comes as a super saiyan
>>
One time in Ocarina of Time I accidentally started the marathon race, so I ignored it then went to the Temple of Time to go fuck around in the past. It was the day my family was leaving for a summer vacation for a month and I forgot to turn the N64 off. When we came back I realized I'd left it on and noticed the marathon clock was still going and Link was an adult. So I went to the forest bridge and the marathon man was there and congratulates you for beating him and says some cryptic stuff about how he heard from the Gerudo something about the identity of Bongo Bongo, but I couldn't make sense of it. The weird thing is, after that happened, I kept finding the game turned on with Link standing next to the well.
>>
In Pokemon Yellow, if you talk to the surfing guy south of Fuschia when you have a Pikachu that knows surf in your party, you can play a surfing mini-game where you earn points by doing flips and shit.
>>
>>3283840
Not every Pikachu can learn surf. Special surfing Pikachus were traded at Nintendo events.
>>
>>3283108
So she reads Japanese? Do they all read Japanese? Was her plan to do a live translation?
>>
>>3283818
2 spooky
>>
>>3282957
If you place claymore mines where the guards sneak behind you ahead of time before going to the door after defeating Sniper Wolf you will trigger a cutscene where they all blow up and you bypass the torture sequence.
>>
>>3282978
...I dunno about that, Dave. One of the primary reasons I didn't buy Dino Crisis was because I knew that the raptors went all Nemesis on your ass.

>>3283064
>how they are called
>>3283376
>I did that two
You a furreigner, NESfag? How you doing on that attempt at Chapter 3 on Devilman? I haven't come at it since we were talking about it. Also, are you a janitor or what? I've been checking my inbox about my app but I think I may be too real even for Hiroshima Nagasaki but whatever fuck that zipperhead.

Anyway, I'm sure that I've discovered some shit about pretty much every game I've ever loved enough to ass-rape completely. For example (on topic) in SMB3 once I realized that the kings give you a special message when you beat the koopa kids with different unique outfits I obsessively beat them with every version per this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4eoHPelf4

Maybe if I'd have been more proactive I could be making them big youtube buxx - but considering I didn't even bother to click this link, it's pretty obvious I don't have the motivation necessary even though I knew this shit like twenty-five years before this video was posted... Wait, maybe 23 years? I dunno fuck. When did SMB3 come out? 89? It was probably a year after release that I went to this extreme.
>>
>>3282978
i literally discovered this within the first hour of dino crisis
>>
File: Mega Man 2 (USA)_001.png (6 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man 2 (USA)_001.png
6 KB, 256x240
>If you fuck up the boss fight on Wily Stage 4 you have to game over because you can't refill your crash bomb energy!

Pic related. Also, you can kill the Mecha Dragon in a single shot with a crash bomb to the gut in Wily Stage 1.
>>
>>3283108
I prefer the
>Final Fantasy is a Single Player game
version
>>
>>3284305
I knew both of these back in the day but damn that brings me back.
>>
>>3284172
>...I dunno about that, Dave. One of the primary reasons I didn't buy Dino Crisis was because I knew that the raptors went all Nemesis on your ass.

Yes, only certain dinosaurs with certain doors can do it. It's actually not many.
And it's the same with Nemesis, he can only follow you to pre-set places, although when you meet him in the middle of the town (where there is the restaurant and press building) he can follow you pretty much in the entire area.

Never went back to Devilman and I'm not a janitor.
>>
>>3283003
i randomly got the death grimoire from a dark eye in the undercity. blew my mind.
>>
>>3282978
No, it happened all the time.
>>
>>3284784
What we are telling you is that it can only happen with certain enemies and with certain doors. Not everyone can follow you and not through every door, it's pre-set. Once you know the games, you know which enemies and which doors. I've played the game a fuckton and at some point not a single enemy would go through a door because I knew which ones to kill or and which ones I can put to sleep to avoid surprises.
>>
I remember a bug in the original Bomberman for NES. I don't know if it's known or just happened in my game.

If you set a number a bombs in your feet and then start pressing A or B (botton to put bombs) repeatedly and very fast bombs started to explode around and, if you hold pressing A, you would be able to walk around killing monsters being yourself the bomb.

When you stop pressing you would die though but it was very islamist.
>>
File: champagne2.gif (717 KB, 744x575) Image search: [Google]
champagne2.gif
717 KB, 744x575
This, found it myself.
>>
>>3287613
I managed to do that on the SNES game by accident. I beat the game that way sadly.
>>
>>3283125

Another little thing I found in Rondo, but maybe this one is actually not that unknown: you can moonwalk if you hold the attack button. This can actually come handy while fighting certain enemies.
>>
>>3284112
I don't believe you
>>
>>3289078
Not sure if I knew how to replicate it, but I do remember that happening a lot back then.
>>
File: 1464276760089.jpg (71 KB, 604x511) Image search: [Google]
1464276760089.jpg
71 KB, 604x511
>>3284112
>>
>>3289078
yeah found that too, also theres that one rising platform in labyrinth that does the same thing if you try to crush yourself with it
>>
>>3283994
You can also get one from pokemon stadium. You have to clear prime cup max difficulty and use a game-transferred Pikachu (no rentals) in every battle of the cup.
>>
>>3284305
> Pic related.
You must be fucking retarded to think even for a moment somebody else didn't think of this.
>>
File: .png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
.png
1 MB, 1360x768
So I missed TP to the ledge he's standing on (to the right is the switch elevating the ground between yellow key and stairs in front) and found myself on the platform near the yellow key platform unable to do shit. Since I am a TF2 player and this was about a week ago I knew that Doom's got RJs. With some trial and error I RJ'd and got the key. I didn't really try doing it before or after this unpleasant "occurrence".
>>
You can cheese the Liquid Flame boss in FFV by making all party members monks and doing nothing but defending (and healing every now and then, I guess).The boss counters normal attacks pretty hard, but not monk's counter.
>>
I made some weird glitches with Game Genie and MK1, where characters slide across the floor, then flip out (constantly reversing the sprite back and forth) when they win. I didn't write the code down. But I thought it was great.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.