[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been making these NES reviews for nearly 4 months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1 Minute Nintendo FeatIMG.png (921 KB, 700x330) Image search: [Google]
1 Minute Nintendo FeatIMG.png
921 KB, 700x330
I've been making these NES reviews for nearly 4 months now, and I'd love to get some real feedback. I know that they are fairly unoriginal like their aren't enough retro youtube video in the world, but I find it a good way to have fun with adobe premiere, improve my V/O, as well as script-writing.

Any and every little piece of feedback and/or suggestions would be extremely appreciated.

Anyone else here make YouTube Videos either? I'd love to check them out too!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTLxod7RYcA3NYVMypr_uhtiG6Uj2bde0
>>
>>3275329
>1 minute review
Stole that schtick from projared
>videos aren't even 1 minute, they're all 1:30 - 2 minutes
>10 second intro
Too long, you could cut it down to 5, just get the point across.

Your outro is like half the fucking length of the video,

You have no passion in your voice. It's just monotone rambling. It's not interesting to hear some wikipedia comments sprouted off. You need to sound like you give 2 shits about what's going on.
>>
>>3275335
This
I could make better videos if I had a mic
>>
File: WORMY2.png (928 KB, 958x550) Image search: [Google]
WORMY2.png
928 KB, 958x550
>>3275329
>wants me to watch his video
>cant even embed it right

you failed friendo. check these dubs
>>
>>3275335
>>3275337
I'm not saying it's bad, but the appeal of 1 minute reviews is that you can watch them back to back really easy in a playlist (which you have) but when over half the time on the video is worthless content (intro/outro and LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE garbage) then it makes me not want to come back.
>>
>>3275361
>>3275335
Nonetheless, I really appreciate the criticism. As I'm sure you can see, no one else watches them, so it's difficult to improve or change based on nothing haha.
>>
>>3275338
Your dubs don't count, friendo. :^]
>>
>>3275338
You can't embed playlists tho
>>
>>3275380
So you should've picked a few videos that you felt were your best offerings and embedded them.

If you want someone to give you criticism, or help you in some way, don't make it hard on them.

Make it braindead fucking simple for them to help you.
>>
Your intro and outro are too long. I get the appeal of having short reviews to watch back to back but this really kills it. One of the reasons I never liked Pat the NES Punk's Video Game Years is that there was an unnecessarily long outro that made watching them back to back annoying. I think you have a decent knack for it but Id definitely at least cut the outro a bit.

Also Id make more content. 1 minute reviews are not enough. Even though its overdone let's plays or something along those lines would be good. Maybe a segment dedicated to vidya history or comparisons between two games of the same genera. Something to spice it up. Not trying to be a dick just giving constructive criticism. Ill subscribe and see what content you can come up with. Good luck
>>
>>3275452
Oh I see you already have lets plays. Still youre pretty new to the scene so I hope to see more content in the future. An original idea is hard since there are already so many YouTube channels but if you can find a few ideas to make your own it'll really help the channel. Cheers.
>>
>>3275452
lets plays are inherently garbage.

Although I agree, a channel won't be sustainable on 1 minute reviews.

I do think if you had a 1 minute review for every NES game (and some of the bigger homebrew, like Battle Kid) it would be a good resource.

Pat's book is going to be a massive piece of shit.
>>
>>3275460
It depends on your tastes I suppose. They dont have to be full on lets plays. I enjoy James and Mike Mondays.
>>
>>3275469
Yeah but James and Mike cuts the fat.

I view a lets play as literally a blind playthrough in its entirety, or at least the vast majority.

It's tolerate to watch one, MAYBE two videos of a playthrough's highlights. It's intolerable to watch something like Gamegrumps where there are up to 20 videos.
>>
>>3275329
I watched the Kirby adventure one. Intro not as bad as everyone is saying at least there isn't some loud shitty music accompanying it. Review was short and to the point with quickly cut together visual information. Outro after the outro seemed sorta redundant. Idk I guess it's for someone who has never heard of Kirby ever before given that it is just a short blurb? It's not for me I guess.
>>
Please stick to the e celeb general. Also make actual short reviews, youtube vids aren't the best format to just throw in basic data I could read on wikipedia. And delete everything that isn't the review itself. Intros and the mandatory pls guyz subscribe xD are nothing but a waste of time. If you really, really want to include an intro, make it two or three seconds long at best.
>>
>>3275498
10 second intro's are too long, you really just need a quick 5 second intro.

The problem is all these things that OP is doing is what he -should- be doing to get bigger on youtube.

For god knows why begging for subscribers works. For whatever reason people love intro's and outro's even though they add nothing to the video besides branding yourself.
>>
>>3275329
i give it a ten outta ten
>>
>>3275525
I havent watched ops vids, but 5 second intro maybe on a long video. If his main thing is 1 minute review, scale the intro to a second.
>>
>shitty video
>not a blog

Failed at the start.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.