[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good cheap games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2361684-nes_dragonspirit.jpg (3 MB, 1534x2100) Image search: [Google]
2361684-nes_dragonspirit.jpg
3 MB, 1534x2100
Picked this up the other day because I remembered loving the arcade game. Good graphics, great music, probably one of my favorite shooters on the NES and it was super fucking cheap.

What are some good games that you've found that haven't been affected by the retro gaming bubble?
>>
This is actually a sequel to an Arcade/PC Engine game (still called Dragon Spirit). Definitely worth playing if you liked the NES game as its much better! PLUS There's another sequel called Dragon Sabre! And it's EVEN BETTER!

In terms of cheap games, if you're looking just for NES games my suggestion is Batman. I can always find it under $10 and it's a fantastic game.
>>
Gyruss, its fun but overlooked, its like $6 where I live.
>>
There are so fucking many that anytime I hear people complaining about the high price of retro games, I know they are just bandwagoning e-celeb fans angry that the 10 most popular games on the console cost more than $10.

Legacy of the Wizard? $4. Rad Racer? $4. Deja Vu? $4. Captain Skyhawk? $4. Low-G-Man? $4. Solar Jetman? $5. Solstice? $5. Marble Madness? $5. Skate or Die? $5. Iron Sword Wizards and Warriors II? $5. Tetris? $5. Yoshi's Cookie? $5. Dragon Warrior? $5. Robin Hood Prince of Thieves? $6. Wizards and Warriors? $6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? $7. RC Pro-AM? $7. Dig Dug II: Trouble in Paradise? $7. Blaster Master? $7. Gauntlet II? $7. Batman? $7. StarTropics? $7. Snake Rattle n Roll? $8. Little Nemo The Dream Master? $8. Solomon's Key? $8. Little Mermaid? $8. Faxanadu? $8. The Goonies II? $8. Shadowgate? $9. Ninja Gaiden? $9. Tecmo Bowl? $9. Adventures of Lolo? $9. Metal Gear? $9. Willow? $9. StarTropics 2? $10. Adventure Island? $10. Kabuki Quantum Fighter? $10. The Magic of Scheherazade? $10. Battle of Olympus? $10. Bionic Commando? $10.

This is just NES, and I didn't even go that far. LOOK at all the great games you can get for less than $10 at current ebay prices. Think about this the next time you hear someone complaining that "OMG, why are ALL retro games so expensive?!" It's precisely because of these bandwagoning idiots that Mega Man is currently $70, Contra is $45, and River City Ransom is $35.
>>
>>3275509
Basically anything in that commonly appears on top 25 lists is mildly expensive. The same can be said for just about any console. I have about 80 Genesis games and other than a few popular games here and there, I've never paid more than $10 for a game.
>>
>>3274774
>Good cheap games?
ye mum is a good cheap game, m8. i played her many times, and by 'played' i mean I fuked her. i fuked yer mum, m8.

now FUK OF!
>>
>>3274774
They are non anymore, you are 3 years too late.
>>
>>3275509
Calm the fuck down, spergie.

>>3275536
I didn't want to believe it, but this place is slowly becoming as bad as /v/. RIP in peace, /vr/.
>>
>>3275509
Nobody is saying that there aren't cheap games available. The point of this thread is to discuss your favorites. You tremendous fucking tool.
>>
>>3275649
>>3275734
>Point out good cheap games
>Two e-celeb fans get butthurt
Keep whining.
>>
good thing you like NES shooters OP cuz there's a ton of em for mad cheap, especially if you include famicom.

>burai fighter
>air fortress
>abadox
>zanac
>twin cobra
>star soldier
>terra cresta
>starship hector
>sqoon
>tiger heli
>sky shark
>adventures of dino riki
>seicross
>king's knight
>b wings
>exed exes
>galg
>gyrodine
>baltron
>volguard 2
>super star force

There's way more but they start to get more expensive. Super spy hunter is getting pricy fast, I say snatch that one up before it gets any pricier.
>>
>>3275770
>Mummy, I don't like it when the younger kids play my old games! Waahhhhh!

>>3275509
Also, I wouldn't take half of those games even if they were free.
>>
>>3276164
>Super spy hunter is getting pricy fast, I say snatch that one up before it gets any pricier.
>check ebay prices
>$30
For what reason? I really don't remember the game being anything special, or maybe I'm just thinking of regular Spy Hunter. Is there any rhyme or reason as to what games suddenly just skyrocket in price?
>>
>>3276637
The NES port of spy hunter is great and still under ten bucks, but super spy hunter is quite different. It basically takes the spy hunter concept and slaps a nice heavy coat of Japanese shooter paint on it. In my opinion it's one of the most underrated games on the NES. It used to be dirt cheap, like 6 or 7 bucks. In the last couple years it's jumped up to between 20 and 30 for a loose cart. I couldn't say why, other than the fact it's a somewhat uncommon NES game that also happens to be really goddamn good. Sunsoft knew how to work the NES like champions.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.