[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you introduced any cool retro games to your children or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: sammyclassicsonicfan.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sammyclassicsonicfan.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
Have you introduced any cool retro games to your children or younger relatives, /vr/?
>>
Been showing my kids these great games forever. My son loves and has demolished yoshis island, we also play games like Crash Bash, Worms, Bomberman and Tekken!

It's not retro but I found what I thought was going to be shitty rayman-branded shovelware, but instead turned out fun as fuck as far as a family game. It's called Rayman Arena on PS2, there are equal number racing and shooting stages but the racing stages are a fucking blast. All on foot runni g, jumping and fucking with the other racers and tons of clever short cuts. Me, my wife and 2 kids play this shit all night with a multi tap. You could probably find it for $0.12
>>
>>3248691
I introduced my (now 11 year old) niece to the original Sonics and debatably retro original Animal Crossing.
>>
>>3248691
I introduced the kid I babysit to them, he ended up becoming the kind of spoiled brat who begged his parents to get him every different revision of the OoT cart off eBay, and he hasn't even finished playing that game.

I created a monster
>>
>>3248691
Nah kids are not interested in video games these days as it should be.
Its just a big waste of time that I will not allow my kids to get into,they are much better off going out and doing whatever.
>>
>>3248691
No, they're too busy playing minecraft 24/7.
>>
Whatever happened to that kid?

Last I heard he's basically on an IV drip of ADHD drugs
>>
No, because I'm not a goddamn pedophile.
>>
>>3249130
>raising children is pedophilia
wew
>>
>>3249178
That's what they want you to believe.
>>
>>3248691
Sadly not.
>>
>>3248691
Me and my younger cousin play Super Smash TV on the SNES every so often now, he's actually pretty competent at it.
>>
File: adam-sandler-finger-gun.gif (2 MB, 600x284) Image search: [Google]
adam-sandler-finger-gun.gif
2 MB, 600x284
>>3248691
Having kids is a death sentence for a man at worst and a huge gamble at best. Furthermore, only a sadist would bring a child into this world if they weren't obscenely wealthy (which I'm going to assume OP is not).

But you're not going to listen to me anyway. So preserve the white race, yada yada, behind every great man is a great women, yada yada, happy wife happy life yada yada.
>>
>>3249431
Waiter, this pasta is stale, dry, and cold. I demand a new dish.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-28+at+01.46.54).jpg (122 KB, 692x538) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-28+at+01.46.54).jpg
122 KB, 692x538
ITT
>>
>>3249479
>i dnt like it so ids pasta
Stay angry, mah boi.
>>
>>3249126
He isn't making any videos right now because of depression, and he revealed that his old freakouts were just joke videos made to get more attention.
>>
>>3249493
I'm not angry, just bored, like any woman you've attempted to be with.
>>
File: 1461736991932.jpg (39 KB, 791x621) Image search: [Google]
1461736991932.jpg
39 KB, 791x621
>>3249490
This generation is garbage though.
>>
Hahahaha fuuuck no they don't give a fuck
>>
>>3249087
Nigga you are supposed to shove vidya in their faces so that they will associate it with uncool Dad stuff and then go play sports or something instead.
>>
>>3248691
Yeah my siblings just play retro games along with their modern stuff. Basically they don't care for it's age as long as it's fun.
>>
>>3249542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
>>
File: 1454519402666.jpg (106 KB, 300x412) Image search: [Google]
1454519402666.jpg
106 KB, 300x412
>>3248691
They just fucking break things and I hold value to my childhood possessions. I let my younger nephew and a his friend play on my SNES (donkey kong) they took the fucking "call nintendo maintenance" sticker off the system which irked my autism. and when he got pissed because he was conditioned by the Wii's easy ass games- and couldn't get through the first fucking cave level- he threw the controller.

so no not anymore.
>>
>>3249638
Using MEME in an oxford style debate....into /trash/
>>
Friends of family have two kids now 10 and 14. I've been a friend/babysitter to them since they were little tykes, and they look up to me a lot as a role model...but also because I can beat any of the hard parts in any of their games.

They have tons of old stuff, NES, N64, game boys, mostly Nintendo stuff, because they watch youtube videos about it and then they ask me if what they saw is legit or not, for lack of better description. I might try getting them into sega someday, but it's really not the same if you can't see their arcade presence.
>>
>>3249497
Not that guy but that's a low blow.
>>
>>3249178
prove that it's not narcissism tho...
>>
>>3249652
>prove this claim I'm making isn't true, because anything I say is right until proven wrong
Prove my insight into your stupid "debating" tactics is wrong.
>>
>>3249652
"Over-population" is greatly exaggerated and won't come into play before a population of 20 billion at least.

Some people want to have kids for reasons other than wanting to fuck them.
>>
>>3248691
The first console I let my kid brother play was an SNES (we are 14 years apart in age), so Super Mario World, DKC, NBA Jam and all that goodness. He showed interest in some older PC games as well, like Jagged Alliance 2 but most were too complex/obtuse for him to enjoy.
>>
>>3249652
More like stupidity. It doesn't even work to your own benefit.
>>
>>3248691
My nephew watched me play through Clock Tower last Halloween. That was fun.

Aside from that, not really. I set up my brother's computer to be an emulation beast so he could show his wife's daughters the games he used to play back in the day.
>>
>>3249490
Id want my kid to be out of touch with this generation. This gen is full of retards and psychopaths

I'm guessing thats the Onion? That place sucks horribly now
>>
>>3248781
I've played this game ever since I was a kid, it freakin' rocks.
>>
>>3248691
Not in a long time. Wish I could.

I once let my niece play my SNES and she loved it. In fact, I loved it too. Seeing her so immersed in the game and reacting to its challenge made me feel a warm sensation in my chest; it was as if I had just gone back to when my mother and I played it for the first time. I wish it lasted longer. She didn't want to stop either. Before she left with my sister, she asked me if she could play it again next time they visited me. "Sure, honey", I said and I could feel the happiness in her smile.

We never actually met again. I wish I had children of my own.
>>
File: 1417397168274.jpg (13 KB, 164x483) Image search: [Google]
1417397168274.jpg
13 KB, 164x483
>>3248691
What happened to this kid i'm genuinely curious.

I heard he got a new channel but I can't find it. All I found was a reupload of an old video where he explains he might quit youtube and that he's depressed or something.

I really hope he didn't kill himself or something, The kid was pretty funny even if he wasn't being ironic.

If sammy is kill then who will call me a fricken frick and tuck me in at night?
>>
>>3250348
>wifes daughters
Is this a new meme
>>
>>3251826
>What happened to this kid i'm genuinely curious.

He got some ADHD meds and calmed down.
>>
i've considered playing through at least one SH or RE game with my younger cousin since he gets super intrigued whenever i bring either of them up, the trouble is his experience with horror games is stuff like FNAF so i'm not sure how he would take to them
>>
My 6-year old little brother loves my Mega Drive. I only let him play on it occasionally though, and it doesn't take long before he grows tired of a game because it's too difficult. Probably gonna get him one of his own, I'd rather see him play Sega or S/NES than the shitty tablet games he's playing right now.
>>
>>3248781
You sound like an awesome dad. Try out Kirby Air Ride for Gamecube if you want another family-friendly racing game that isn't Mario Kart. The regular tracks are fun of course, and City Trial mode is great for sandbox play, making up games and messing with people.

I wish my dad had played games with me, but instead he told me how stupid he thought they were, even though I basically learned to read by playing Zelda games and RPGs. When we did do things together, they were things he wanted to do. It will mean a lot to your kids that you found a true common interest to share and bond over.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.