[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vr/ humor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: id_01.jpg (90 KB, 682x531) Image search: [Google]
id_01.jpg
90 KB, 682x531
Were there other companies like id who were full of wit and sarcasm?
>>
File: id_02.jpg (64 KB, 567x386) Image search: [Google]
id_02.jpg
64 KB, 567x386
>>
Grab any shareware CD from the 90s, extract any random game and you'll not only find some cute jokey readme from the programmers you'll likely see some additional cute shit that's been patched in automatically by some BBS along the way. Everybody was joking around with everybody else. Things were a lot simpler back then.
>>
>>3233257
not sure I get it desu, I kind of get the joke is about how you could just put more files on there, but is it something about floppies? Maybe all floppy format sizes are multiples of 360kb, so there's no reason they couldn't divide more of them across fewer, larger disks unless they just wanted to use more disks for some reason? I guess that's the other thing, did distributors purposely move games across more disks than was needed, and if so, why would they do so? It seems like you could use the "more disks=more shipping cost" argument to unfairly jack up your price, but ultimately I feel like that wouldn't work since other distributors would just move it on less disks at lower price.

Sorry to turn a dev humor thread into a big deconstruction of humor, I guess I'm just missing a crucial point of context to understanding the joke here.
>>
Cutsey joke posts become the most annoying thing in the world when you have a problem with your game.
>>
>>3233257
you mean unprofessionally not giving a shit in mom's basement?
>>
>>3236479
kek
>>
>>3236165
More disks = more valuable and "bigger" product to charge faggit retailers and end users.

The 20 diska shock
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.