[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 65-Durant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Last time was Heatmor, today will be about its "prey", the metal ant Pokemon Durant.
My thoughts: It's funny how gameplay wise, the prey is stronger than the predator. I admit, I thought Durant would be a pretty mediocre Pokemon, but I've heard really good things about it. In short, I've heard some attribute it to being like a slightly faster Scizor. I've also heard that it's a good Poke to use it the Battle Maison, something about its truant ability being a counter to the hax within that battle facility. Also, it appears that Durant is our first ant based Pokemon.
Overall, I would think Gen 5's good bug streak would end here, but Durant's a pretty good Pokemon.
>>
>>26421739
Durant is bro tier
>>
>>26421739
I originally thought durant was nothing short of a gimmick pokemon, something to complement Heatmor, and it was dumb for me to see it in the very end of the game. However, after hearing about how good it is, I gave it a try, and now I love it.

I still think scizor is better, and he is my favourite bug pokemon, but durant is so close. I love ants in general, since being a kid I've always been fascinated by their strength, and durant is testament of that, with its humongous attack, couple this with Hustle (I know it sucks competitively, but I still like it) and a choice band, and this guy can reach ATK levels that a swords dance scizor would take several turns to reach.

I like the design, its competitive nieche, and its playstile in general. Top bug for me, even better than volcarona imo
>>
>>26421739
one of my favourites, by the sheer virtue of being the best sweep mon in my B/W RU team

Bug/Steel meant it had a lot of favourable matchups and a hone claws can easily lead to a sweep because of hustle. Fire types can't switch in safely as well due to rock slide.

even though it can't deal with qwilfish well, as long as I find the time for it to set up once, it's usually enough to sweep the opponent
>>
>>26421739
Extremely underrated mon. It just works on multiple layers. Builds on the strength of an ant, the "iron vice", and has a generally simplistic design overall.
>>
>>26421739
I always thought Durant was just the gimmick counterpart to Heatmor and never bothered even catching one until I got fucking slammed by a wild one in Victory Road on a nuzlocke romhack run. Looks cool, surprisingly effective.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.