[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Battle spot >Most use the same strong-mons This really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1462459760953s.jpg (5 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1462459760953s.jpg
5 KB, 250x197
>Battle spot
>Most use the same strong-mons

This really bores me /vp/, so I might go full smogon. I have goofed around OU before, but now want to experiment some more.

Which tier is your favorite and why ?
>>
>>26389501
I play OU. I dabbled in UU, but it just seems like Scarves and bulky Water types.

I don't mind playing against the same set of mons in OU because that consistency lends itself to my teambuilding. I incorporate underseen mons for fun, and like when I have the proper team matchup. I have a team that's made to beat stall for example, so it's a great stress relief pounding them with it.

I tried Battle Spot a little bit, but it's less fun since it comes down to bringing the right thing most of the time (e.g. the pressure a Volcarona or Serperior or Mega Lucario can put on you), discouraging creativity and encouraging catch-all options.
>>
>>26389501
PU, NU, and BL2 are my favorite by far. There's just so much to experiment with.
>>
PU is where it's at
>>
>>26389501
UU and below.
OU is the main tryhard meta, but it gets a bit too repetitive and hax is more devastating up there.
UU is a tiny bit of the same, but the extra variety makes it more lively.
>>
I played UU a lot before ORAS, so not sure what it's like now. Lots of interesting mons like crobat and arcanine walls.
>>
I might just try PU
>>
>>26389501
I'm a big fan of LC. Fast, interesting battles with cute mons.

OU is actually fairly good in ORAS. It's really diverse compared to other gens, which means that not every team is going to have a definitive answer to every threat. That doesn't mean that you're not gonna see a lot of Tankchomps and Landorus-T but still, pretty fun tier

UU is also pretty cool. It's kind of a mix of 4 gen OU and 5 gen OU with team preview and a lack of weather wars. Teambuilding is a bit more restrictive than OU and there are less threats that are more prevalent, like Mega Aerodactyl and Salamence.

Monotype is also very fun but every team of the same type is very similar.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.