[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Samurott actually a sea lion? Was it ever officially stated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: samurott.png (61 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
samurott.png
61 KB, 250x141
So is Samurott actually a sea lion? Was it ever officially stated or is it a guess?
>>
>>26366389
Did The Pokédex mention it?
>>
Its an otter.
>>
>>26366389
According to Bulbapedia pls no bully, it was stated in an interview by Sugimori himself.
"Ken Sugimori said that Oshawott and its evolutions were the hardest for the team to design during production, as conceptualizing its evolutions were difficult. They eventually settled on a samurai theme and making its final form a sea lion after a trip to an aquarium."

http://web.archive.org/web/20101228065540/http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/interview/irbj/sp/index5.html
Chrome is refusing to translate the actual interview for me, though.
>>
>Pokemon can only be one thing
>>
>>26366536
The OG water clown
>>
>>26366536
Just leave, Mewtist. This isn't a good place for you to be.
>>
>>26366518
You shouldn't believe in unofficial unreliable sources.

You believe in the Pokédex and It's entries.
>>
File: 1367455286278.jpg (96 KB, 615x593) Image search: [Google]
1367455286278.jpg
96 KB, 615x593
>>26366487
>those filters
>>
>>26366543
>water clown?

Oshawott look nothing like a water clown.
>>
Anyone got any pics of Oshawott getting murdered
>>
>>26366536
Considering it's a cartoon otter that's not surprising.
>>
>>26366551
The Original Poster asked a question and I answer it, accuratly and correctly.
>>
>>26366561
>sugimori
>unofficial
Richard pls. If it was anyone else, I'd know this was bait, but your actual, industrial-strength autism makes it really hard to tell.
>>
>>26366594

I want to cut open your entrails, chain you to a pole, and sic a pack of hungry dogs on you.
>>
>>26366591
The correct term "Sea Otter Pokémon"
>>
>>26366598
No, I meant. unofficial websites such as Bulbapedia and etc.

stay away from unofficial unreliable sources.
>>
>>26366660

You are an absolutely repulsive sack of human garbage. Everyone on this board would breathe a sigh of relief if you were to never post again.
>>
>>26366575
It has a white face and a clown nose.
>>
>>26366627
nigger I literally provided a link to the actual interview with Sugi himself. you're giving me "don't use wikipedia" ptsd flashbacks.
>>
>>26366674
The Pokédex entries doesn't say It's a water clown Pokémon
>>
File: dogCUCk.png (694 KB, 562x498) Image search: [Google]
dogCUCk.png
694 KB, 562x498
>>26366665
>OFF BY ONE
>>
>>26366682
www.pokemon.com is the only reliable source.
>>
>>26366673
I just answer the original poster question.
>>
>>26366719

Fuck off and die.
>>
Is it based on a river otter maybe?
>>
It was inspired by one but clearly is not actually one.
>>
>>26366691
You know what I mean stop being so fucking literal
>>
>>26366660
Thanks for posting Milotic, Richard
Best Pokemon ever
>>
File: ottersandsealhybrid.png (1 MB, 2504x1600) Image search: [Google]
ottersandsealhybrid.png
1 MB, 2504x1600
Its actually stated that to be blend of an sea otter and a sea lion. But since Sea lions shares resemblances to river otters, blending a pinniped with an aquatic mustelid would share a big resemblance to giant river otters.

To help support my "river otter" analogy, Samurott appears to have dexterous front legs, separate hind legs and a tail, and continuously makes shrieking and roaring sounds over loud barking sounds.

Samurott more of an monstrous otter by body structure and character. Just with sea lion characteristics which is why people commonly mistake it as one when it actually doesn't portray a pinniped very well.
>>
>>26366929
Forgot to post my source:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Pia_information_begins_to_surface
>>
I'm too drunk to read all of this shit, buT I can't be the only fucking one who realizes that he has an amazing design. All of us fuckers would have picked my baby Samurott as a starter if he was anything BUT 5th gen.....
>>
File: gsc_samurott_by_n_kin-d5q638o.gif (6 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
gsc_samurott_by_n_kin-d5q638o.gif
6 KB, 56x56
>>26366996
>if he was anything BUT 5th gen
This. I feel that Samurott would've be able to pull out it's large sword in the other sprite-based games if gen 5 wasn't so limited on pixel space.
>>
This makes it known Ken Sugimori in an interview.. "I was worried for a while, until I went to an aquarium to examine otters There I saw a sea lion, and I noticed his tremendous power Well, try mixing a sea otter with a sea lion.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.