[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where do you think Solgaleo and Lunaala stand in the Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Sun_EN_boxart.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1171) Image search: [Google]
Sun_EN_boxart.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1171
So where do you think Solgaleo and Lunaala stand in the Pokemon pantheon of deities?

Going only by design, I'd say they could be closely related to Arceus. Maybe they could be one of his first creations, as to reflect stories where god makes sun and moon to devide the day and the night.
>>
File: mbPDZ94.jpg (121 KB, 1206x820) Image search: [Google]
mbPDZ94.jpg
121 KB, 1206x820
>>26328508
Or, if the Hopes and Dreams idea holds true, they could even be Arceus's siblings, who inspired him to create the universe
>>
File: chart.jpg (103 KB, 700x799) Image search: [Google]
chart.jpg
103 KB, 700x799
I personally theorize that they represent different states of mind, Solgaleo representing conscious thought and or perception, and Lunaala representing subconscious thought and or intuition. Hell they could both even represent the planes of consciousness, more specifically they are members of the spiritual triad. Solgaleo representing the mental plane, Lunaala the intuitional plane, and the third legendary of the trio (or Marshadow if you wish to believe its a member of the trio) representing the spiritual plane.

>>26328536
Why does Giratina just say banished? It should say anti-matter which is what it controls.

Also Lunaala controlling/representing dreams wouldn't make too much sense due to Darkrai and Cresselia already controlling that concept.
>>
>>26328508
if Solgaleo is the god of the sun then it completey dwarfs the Hoenn legendaries in power is one of the most powerful pokemon in the series. I mean holy fucking shit that pokemon is so powerful it could obliterate fucking Jupiter.
>>
>>26328874
I'd like to believe Solgaleo hates Groudon with a passion. "Stop messing up my sun!!"
>>
>>26328851
Where the fuck to you get all of that from? Literally all we have is their design and what they physically represent.
>>
>>26328536
God that picture is so cringy to look at.
>>
>>26328508
Probably around Arceus-teir of they are the true embodiments of the Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26328891
Solgaleo probably doesnt even register Groudon,Rayquaza, or Kyogre after all they are just specs of matter compared to it, it can destroy all of them anytime it wants.
>>
>>26328930
Well, if they embody the sun and moon, wouldn't that put them under Palkia?
>>
Lion is best at being sun, Bat is best at being moon.
>>
File: 1430071473024.png (147 KB, 832x335) Image search: [Google]
1430071473024.png
147 KB, 832x335
>>26328508
>Pokemon pantheon
>>26328536
>>
>>26328851
Or It just be the new kyogre/groudon that wants to have the world always day/night and the eclipse is the time they fight for it...
>>
Lunaala
>Master of Night

Solgaleo
>Master of Day

As simple as that but come on, they sound majestic, aren't they?
>>
>>26328508
The design similarities between the 3 are uncanny, you might be on to something OP
>>
>>26328508
>>26329063
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about
Maybe it's just nothing, but maybe this guys are actually Arceus-tier gods
>>
>>26328914
By looking up the symbolism of lions, bats, the sun, and the moon. Lions and bats both represent intuition and in the trailer it seems that the symbols that appear on their foreheads (or Solgaleo's at least) are almost like third eyes opening up. The third eye also has a lot of symbolism and is even called the "cosmic eye" or the "intuitive eye" by many people, the sun also being called a "cosmic eye". The lion not only represents intuition but it also represents wisdom. I may just making too many connections here and it all actually means nothing but it's interesting to think about it like this since there are actually multiple concepts connecting up, the two representing nothing but the sun and moon just doesn't sound right to me. Plus something like this can easily put the Celestial trio up there as some of the first Pokemon to be created. The Divine plane consisting of Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina; the Spiritual Triad representing Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Marshadow; and the Personality Triad possibly representing Uxie, Mesprit, and I guess Azelf.
>>
>>26328508
Arceus(the almighty)>palkia and dialga (fundamental concepts of time and space) along with girantina (concept of other dimensions and antimatter)>solgaleo and lunala (things faraway from earth, affecting it greatly nonetheless)

All the rest are earth dwellers. Something like demigods.

Xerneas & yveltal (fundamental life and death concepts) along with zygard (the balance)>groudon and kyogre (water and soil/ground) along with rayquaza (the atmosphere which without both mean nothing)>mew (the first being)>zekrom and reshiram (representing human made ideas, truth and ideals)

All the rest are representations of elements and ideas or protectors thus being lower than the previous. Reshiram and zekrom could be here too but they feel too powerful to be in this category.

That's how I like to see it.
>>
File: 487Giratina-Altered.png (666 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
487Giratina-Altered.png
666 KB, 1280x1280
>>26329063
>>26329110
I suppose one thing we can say for sure is that designers at GF see White and Gold color combination as the most godly and powerfull
Whether it's a story point or just a design detail is the question
>>
>>26329176
Why do people complain about Giratina's design? I like how unique it is from Dialga and Palkia's.
>>
>>26328508
>Maybe they could be one of his first creations
nigga that was literally the sinnoh dragons.
and then they made everything else.
that's the story. the end. learn your mythology.
>>
>>26329211
It's better than D&P's clusterfucks, but still is quite busy, my main gripes with it are:

>the red spikes
The biggest problem, they feel so unattached to his shadow wings and unnecessary since the shadow already has points itself, so they feel pointless, origin form fixes this by making them the point of the shadow appendages.

>the red in general
Gen4 and beyond like to play with a lot of colors at once different from earlier gens, most likley due the limited hardware, but it helped create unison in the design, Giratina has black, light gray, yellow and red over it and the red is put in the worse ways possible with the spikes mentioned before, the stripes who look goofy on his neck and the eyes which look fine. Get rid of the red or implement in better ways than silly stripes.

Otherwise he is a good design.
>>
>>26329331
You do realize a god can create more than three deities at a time right? Also I don't know where you got that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina created every single legendary afterwards but your sources are wrong. Arceus first created the Creation trio and then he created Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit, the list goes on and on after that. The only things that the Creation trio created were time, space, and anti-matter. It is indeed possible that after creating the Creation trio and before creating the Lake Trio Arceus created Solgaleo, Lunaala, and Marshadow who in turn created the suns, moons, and possibly the planets. This would be adding more to the mythology of the Pokemon world and this is something that is brilliant for them to do given the fact that Diamond and Pearl remakes are next in line.
>>
File: shinyXY.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shinyXY.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>26328508
They are obviously paralels to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Especially Lunaala.
>>
I wonder if Nintendo's gonna continue to allow box legends on wifi? I'm really digging Solgaleo. Might be the first time I'll bother training an uber since I was a kid.
>>
>>26329570
Solgaleo has an X symbol behind it in the reveal video
Lunaala has a Y/Pyramid symbol behind it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.