[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that Game Freak are porting original games and making them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Sinnoh.jpg (172 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh.jpg
172 KB, 800x557
Now that Game Freak are porting original games and making them compatible with Bank (as they did with Pokemon RBY), can we just drop the whole remake shtick for good? They seem wholly unnecessary now, especially with how much they dropped the ball on ORAS.

Or heck, if Game Freak really wanted to revisit old regions in better graphics, they could go heavy on some alternate timeline/sequel shit, kind of like how Zelda: A Link Between Worlds had the ALTTP map but was vastly different. Why remake Diamond and Pearl for the 3DS's successor when they could just bust out Platinum onto the eShop with full Gen 8 compatibility, and then make a Sinnoh sequel with the resources they just saved? Or even make a Kanto: 20 Years Later game?

With how much Pokemon has evolved in the last few generations and Game Freak's current design ethos, I feel like we've moved past the point where remakes add anything of value to the franchise
>>
>especially with how much they dropped the ball on ORAS
>Two of the highest selling Pokemon games
>Critically acclaimed globally
>"dropped the ball on ORAS"
>>
>>26286162
>two of the highest selling pokemon games
Are they? If I round to the nearest million, most sources say this
>RB: 24 mil
>GS: 23 mil
>RS: 16 mil
>FRLG: 12 mil
>DP: 18 mil
>HGSS: 12 mil
>BW: 15 mil
>XY: 15 mil
>ORAS: 12 mil
It ties with the other remakes as being the three LOWEST selling entries in the franchise, not counting third versions. Maybe it made a splash in opening weekend or something, I didn't keep up with the hype, but it's certainly no 'highest-seller'
>>
bump 4 thoughts
>>
Dude this would make me so happy.
Being able to play all the old games again and being able to transfer them to the current gen.

I lost so many of my bros through the generations.
My Politoed with Metronome.
My Platinum poke-raded shines (it's shit in x and y).
My seismic toss Charizard.
I miss them...
>>
>>26289620
But then again the remakes do make sense.
Nintendos life force is nostalgia.
>>
>>26286275
Im pretty sure RB sold 31million
>>
>>26289620
How did you "lose bros"?
Why didn't you just transfer them?
>>
>>26286275
I think he mean remake, Oras being the highest selling one.
>>
>>26286126
I just don't want to see a Sinnoh remake. Put the rom on eshop or whatever but leave Sinnoh alone.

I don't want to see modern gamefreak butcher my favorite region, having Cynthia turn up every 5 seconds to give you free key items and a mega lucario before the first gym, reducing the levels of all trainers by 50 and castrating the soundtrack, turning some of my favorite gym leaders into parodies of themselves and having to face a brown maylene with 1 Pokemon. I don't want ORAS.
>>
>>26289670
My mate borrowed my shit then his house burnt down.
Lost my gameboy sp and all the old games.
Also lost interest for a couple of years because black and white put me off. But you can never stop Pokemon, you'll always come back.
>>
>>26289696
This.

They also left out the battle frontier in ORAS.

But because of the whole "multiverse" story they are going for, they justified infinite remakes out of the ass.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.