[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Place your bets, /vp/. Who's gonna be the "canon"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
Place your bets, /vp/. Who's gonna be the "canon" Chicken-chan and next main girl of the anime, asian or light brown?

Blonde and chocolate are excluded because it's obvious they're not going to be used, just like aryan and dark brown Serena weren't.
>>
Probably Asian Chicken-chan
>>
>>26273677
Serena stays for the anime
>>
We aren't about to have a fair skin, Black haired girl because ash already has the "fair skin/black hair" quota filled. Learn to character design.
Blonde isn't happening because we already got that with Serena.

This leaves Caramel and Dark Chocolate. They will probably avoid the latter since they don't want to touch any real race issue and Caramel can be ambiguous AND if they need to, they can play it off as a tan.

However, we already got ambiguously brown with Iris. The Dark Skined girl could be their way of saying "LOOK AT HOW DIVERSE WE ARE" or something.

My money is on Caramel but I wouldn't be surprised if Dark Chocolate ran with Ash this gen.
>>
>>26273677
Obviously the medium-dark-skinned girl because it's Hawaii.
>>
>>26273983
>However, we already got ambiguously brown with Iris

I though it was painfully obvious that Iris (and Adler) were native americans
>>
>>26274113
Iris always looked more indian than anything to me.
>>
>>26274113
Not at all, people have considered her Black, Native American, Middle Eastern and South East Asian.

Though I'm in the "She's Black" camp, with no concrete answer unanimous decision, I'd say "ambiguously brown" counts for Iris .
>>
If they put her in the anime, it'll be asian chicken. They've already shown those are the canon ones by featuring them in the trailer, just like the canon serena/calem.

>>26273983
>who is dawn
But really, ash has been getting more and more tan lately, so fair skin + black hair is definitely feasable.
>>
>>26273711
/padt/ is not the real world, anon.
>>
>>26274211
Oh yeah, and Indian.
Forgot people consider her that too. Add that to my list>>26274260
>>
>>26273677

It all will come down to the official art for her in the games like always.

Then they will ruin her by lolifyign her like Serena.
>>
>>26274268
>Who is Dawn
A girl with Blue hair
>>
Asian chicken please

I don't dislike the dark one, but I just love that tone of skin with that haircut and color.
>>
File: 1462898425818.jpg (53 KB, 718x825) Image search: [Google]
1462898425818.jpg
53 KB, 718x825
I want to share a cocktail with ChickenAlolaLuna-chan!
>>
>>26273983
>ash already has the "fair skin/black hair"
>Ash
>fair skin
>>
File: image.png (142 KB, 340x607) Image search: [Google]
image.png
142 KB, 340x607
>>26274312
I mean, sure they tweaked it a bit for the anime, but her original artwork definitely has black hair. No reason they couldn't give it a slight hue for chicken chan too.
>>
>>26273677
Asian. And I already love her.
>>
>>26274413
True but in this case they already have 3 girls without any need for tweaking to avoid that overlap
>>
>>26274113
She's way too fucking dark. She's straight up black.
>>
>>26274113
Iris is black
>>
>>26273677
Most likely will be one of these two. Judging from her hat, she is probably going to be annoying as fuck.
>>
>>26274113
Alder's more of a cowboy/gaucho than an injin, I reckon.
>>
>>26273677
I kinda want Asian to be canon. Pretty sure the reason Dawn was popular with Japanese girls was she enforced a better self image than May or Misty did.

We don't need another blonde. I wouldn't mind brown though.
>>
>>26273677
It wont be the light brown because you are not native to Alola, so it will probably be asian to go alongside their little ad campaign plus its japan and they will do best not to market the playable characters as filthy gajin.
>>
>Implying

We are getting another set of gym leader comrades. Deal
>>
>>26274528
It's going to get a tweak.
>>
>>26273677
Truth be told, anime Serena and the blonde one actually look close enough that it wouldn't even be weird if they use Serena and keep Chicken-chan out like they did Hilda and Rosa.
>>
>>26278470
At least they'll have dedicated character designs, not the generic customizable ones
>>
>>26278680
I think they went with generic customizable ones because the anime would just alter them for the characters.

Ash already got his XY look as a Calem/Red fusion while Serena got the OC look. Thinking about it, if they're going to be altering them, wouldn't that actually kill the point of Chicken-chan being put in the anime?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.