[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna reset Y soon, but I don't want to play through it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: pokemon-x-y-logos.png (826 KB, 1352x764) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-x-y-logos.png
826 KB, 1352x764
Gonna reset Y soon, but I don't want to play through it normally, (because it's boring as fuck that way). So, any suggestions for what I should do to make it more challenging/interesting? Is just turning off the exp share enough? Or is it still too easy? Should I do a wonderlocke? Nuzlocke? I'm open to ideas.
>>
>>26218061
Im playing "Genlocke" on my run of Y.
basically
>standard nuzlocke rules so:
>faint=dead rule
>nickname mons
>set battles
>exp share off
>no giveaway mons

BUT
>catch first mon each route that has only been introduced in Gen VI

Optional nuzlocke rules up to you (no items OR no pokecenters - heal using items only etc.)

I started using Gen VI mons I wouldn't otherwise choose.
I have also set myself a rule of "no starters and no legends" (pretty much included in the "no giveaway mons rule but w/e), instead I breeded myself Noibat in AS, and switched it for my starter as soon as I could - using Pokemon bank,
>>
>>26218121
to clarify the pokemon catching rule
You enter new route/location, say Santalune Forest -
>first encounter is Pikachu
You can't catch it. You can kill it for exp/run away
>another encounter is Pansage
Same thing.
>another encounter is Scatterbug
This is Gen VI mon. You may catch it. You can kill it for exp/run away but then - you can no longer catch another pokemon on the same route (this is usually a standard nuzlocke rule)
>>
>>26218146
Current team is
>Apollon, lvl 19 Heliolisk
>Noibat, lvl 22
>Philomela, lvl. 22 Fletchinder
>Patchwork, lvl 24 Vivilon

And I'm right in front of 2nd gym.
>>
>>26218220
Not OP, but are there any ways to make it fun without doing a Nuzlocke? I find that my Pokémon die for BS reasons half the time.
>>
>>26218061
Monotype team.
No items during battles, ever.
Nicknames.
Always lie when asked a question.

Pushes the game from a 4 to a 6
>>
Turn off exp share, only use pokemon you've never used before. Trust me, it'll be fun
>>
File: 1462781507831.gif (2 MB, 422x237) Image search: [Google]
1462781507831.gif
2 MB, 422x237
>>26218061
How I play pokemon.
Battle style set.
No healing items in battle.
No boosting or hp restore moves.
No buying items. (Exception for repels and tms.)
If you white/black out, you must toss all items you have found/been given.
No hold items.
Once you enter a major dungeon or gym, you cannot leave to heal, you must win or wipe.
No xp share or amie obviously.

Yea that's it.
>>
Try doing this was pretty challenging when I did it.

Rules
>Catch every pokemon you can, you can´t challenge a gym without have catched all the pokemon available in the routes/places previous to the gym's city.
>Before each gym, your party must be full with six pokemon.
>You will choose between all the pokemon catched in the especific routes after the previous gym you defeated and before the next one, the mons you want to use, but is limited to 6 in total, once you select them, you can't change them with the ones in the PC.
>You can take only 3 pokemon of your actual party to the gym leader battles, place the other 3 in the PC permanently. You can use just 1 pokemon with type advantage against the gym leader, however the other two can have moves that work against the leader's type (example: you can use a zigzagoon with rock smash against a rock gym leader).
>You can use just 4 healing items in a gym leader battle.
>After you defeat a gym leader, go to the next routes and repeat the first rule, replace the pokemon you used in the previous gym battle with 6 newly catched mons. Do this after every gym battle.
>>
File: 27274_nov_p13_01.jpg (21 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
27274_nov_p13_01.jpg
21 KB, 400x240
I've just finished breeding eggs for a mono-type ghost run of X. I've never done a mono-type run and just using my favourite type but it's bound to be interesting.
>>
File: 1462783657370.jpg (83 KB, 553x443) Image search: [Google]
1462783657370.jpg
83 KB, 553x443
For the most recent tier listing of whatever gen you are playing you cannot use anything UU Or better.
>>
>>26218354
Try to do a catch'em all, train'em all type of run.
>>
>>26218061
Do a Wonderlocke, except instead of releasing Pokémon send them in WT when they faint.
>>
I'm about to reset my X. I've been doing a run of only small, cute Fairy Pokemon (not evolving them), but it's been so fucking easy. I'm going to start over and replace my entire team after each gym with Pokemon from the routes after the gyms. Hopefully this will keep the challenge up.
>>
>>26218061
Use luvdisk and carbink on your team
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.