[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuzlocke General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 26
File: Beast Bro.jpg (57 KB, 600x523) Image search: [Google]
Beast Bro.jpg
57 KB, 600x523
The worst and yet most satisfying feeling in the world is having to use retaliate in a Nuzlocke.

Samson (Pyroar) was up against Drasna's Dragalge. I decided to go for a Work up to get a boost since I thought I could take a hit and hit back with bulldoze. Then Samson gets hit with a surf...

I brought in Duncan (Furfrou) to avenge his fallen comrade. It was bitter sweet seeing Samson entered into the hall of fame.
>>
Streaman a new Cuck run

jollynuzcrew.netne.net
>>
Started a Y nuzlocke last night. I'm keeping a small diary so I guess I'll post here.

day 1 so far: receive a Chespin, nickname him Hector. Travel to Aquacorde town and get pokeballs. travel thrpugh route 2. catch first pokemon, a Caterpie! forget to nickname to but vow to at a later date. Get to Santalune Forest. Catch a Panpour with Hector, nickname him Bongz. We are a happy foursome, Hector, Caterpie, Bong and I. irl I go to clean the bong and get bf to takeover. Upon arrival Caterpie is dead. no matter, nuzlocke is a cruel game. Enter route 3 and catch a Fletchling nicknamed Officer Birb, I feel she will be a strong member of the team. Caught Riolu nicknamed furry bait and successfully took on first gym. Caught a Budew named Bertie on route 4. end day 1.
>>
>have no problems with Iris
>catch Cobalion and Virizion (not using) with little difficulty
>go to fight Cheren on Route 10, thinking it will be easy
His Emboar killed my Cofagrigus. Hoping for a decent catch on Victory Road to replace it, otherwise I'm going to have to level up a garbage bag, the buffalo, or one of two mons that can't evolve.

Calling Hustle Durant or a Dieno now.
>>
>>26179711
Are you using exp share?
>>
>>26179711
day 2 update so far.
day 2: travelled through route 4 to Lumiose City. Battled Professor Sycamore, Bertie was the real mvp! Was allowed to select another mon, picked Charmander, nicknamed Daniel. Reach route 4, first encounter is horde encounter with Gulpin, Officer Birb takes over. Survives a horrific pounding from 5 gulpins, caught a female one named Turbo. Battled Tierno's dumbass Corphish, Bertie almost DIED. Battled Rising Star Hamish and his Kadabra, Officer Birb was sadly taken by Confusion. Bye-bye Officer Birb.
>>26180639
no, decided not to.
>>
>>26180651
how are you finding the difficulty without it? Im going to start and X nuzlocke soon and trying to figure out weather to use the exp share or not.

Thinking of maybe turning it on and off between every gym.
>>
Pokemon Yellow Nuzlocke:

Up to lavender town and so far have
Hotonez: Charmeleon lvl 25
Rayz-fadayz: Ivysaur lvl 26
Purp-Rain: Nidoqueen lvl 26
Telsa: Pikachu 27
Giganiggah: Wartortle lvl 29
>>
Are there only certain areas outside on Victory Road in White that have Pokemon, or everywhere?
>>
File: untitled.png (30 KB, 247x200) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
30 KB, 247x200
>>26182126
>my face when I have a nidoking on a yellow remake romhack also named purple rain
>>
>>26180574
And caught a Dieno. Need to figure out my sixth 'mon for Victory Road and beyond. Current team. Penn was just a place holder to send whatever was caught to the box.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>26184570
And forgot pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>26184570
>>26184580
And the box. Ignore the Musketeers. Of note, Axew is female with Rivalry, Bouffalant is Gentle, and Shemelt is Hasty.
>>
>>26188827
people are too busy bitching about hoot root and agonizing over leaks to care about nuzlockes. Leak season is truly the worst.
>>
Doing an OR run with Sceptile, Torkoal, Azumarill, Hariyama, Linoone, and one other mon. Haven't touched the game in a while due to school but want to continue my run. Just beat Winona.
>>
>>26191185
Don't remember nicknames.
>>
>>26184580
>>26184608
Replace Watchog, Audino and Trubbish with Litwick, Axew and Gurdurr
>>
>>26192299
Well, Watchog and Chandelure died in Victory Road. Along with Stunfisk. I figured I was a decent level for there. Guess I wasn't. Might just go into the Elite 4 and wipe at this point, as I have no chance of beating them, unless I cheat and use the Musketeers.
>>
>start nuzlocke in platinum
>get to roark without losing anything and having a usable team
>cranidos sweeps me every single time

how do you beat this mother fucker?
>>
I just got destroyed in my soul silver nuzlocke. Is that gane just expert mode or what? I died after getting my second badge to some random psychic who swept my team with a kadabra.
>>
>>26196344
Start with Turtwig? Set up Curse against his first Pokemon so you don't get assblasted?
>>
>>26196597
I did.
>Leer
>Curse
>Leer
>Curse
>Headbutt
>Flinch
>Headbutt
>KO
>>
>>26196621
Did you catch a Geodude? That should be tanky enough to withstand a hit
>>
>>26196628
Zubat in Ravaged Path, Psyduck in Oreburgh Gate, Ponyta on Route whatever, and Onix in the mine.
>>
>>26196645
Did you catch a Bidoof in one of the earlier routes? Bibarel would be your best counter.
>Bidoof evolves at Level 15
>Gets STAB SE Water Gun when he evolves
>Outspeeds Cranidos
>Could debuff his attack with Growl
>>
>>26196879
Died trying to catch Onix. I had Budew with Mega Drain, Stun Spore, and a Bold nature, but Stun Spore missed, and Headbutt flinched me to death.
>>
>>26196566
Any advice for nuzlocking HG/SS?
>>
>>26197328
>hope and pray for geodude, even on an emu, use it for the first two gyms then box it
>pick cyndaquil for easy, chikorita for hard
>if you pick chiko, and don't get a geodude and are stuck with some shit like hoothoot and pidgey and sentret, just level them all up to 15 for gym and you should be fine with some potions and hax, including poison powder damage.
>>
Any hard non rom hack Nuzlocke Variants? For Ex
>platinum monotype wedlocke
>HGSS monotype randomizer
>>
>>26197433
>use it for the first two gyms then box it

You can't just box pokes in a nuzlocke.
>>
>>26197637
Yeah you can.
If a ice gym is coming up you can box your Tropius and train up Ponyta
>>
>>26197637
agree
>>26197700
its a personal rule. You either allow boxing whenever, or you set it to only change pokes when one dies.
>>
For anyone who is familiar with nuzlocke, I have a question: What happens when the first Pokemon you met in a particular area faints and is no longer usable? Can you go back to that area and catch a new one to replace it, or how does that work?

Obviously I have never done a nuzlocke run
>>
>>26197948
you "miss" the capture in most rulesets.
>>
>>26197948
One encounter per area
If a Pokemon dies you can to either catch somthing new or use somthing in the box
>>
Continuing my Emerald run, I was almost worried about May's Torkel spamming curse until it became obvious it didn't have a physical attack.
>>
File: Jinkies.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Jinkies.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26199058
I didn't even edit this
>>
>>26199079
o7
That was literally a non-crit OHKO too. (Following a Bulk-up and a Citrus healing), hopefully I've gotten it low enough to not get wrecked here
>>
File: Well shit.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Well shit.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26199803
>Super Potion
Well fuck.
>>
File: Game Over.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Game Over.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26199814
God damn, one fucking bulk up and my team just crumbles.

Well, gonna restart I guess.
>>
>>26199846
brawley can be a fucking wall if you don't have the right mons, rng or strategu
>>
>>26199874
It was the fucking Sitrus AND the super potion that did me in
If he only had one of them I would have been fine. As it was Flaco (appearently) had way too little def, Andrew was a lower level without bulk up buff, and the rest of my team was weak to fighting.
>>
>>26199846
>Zigzagoon starter
Well, hopefully my future captures are better
>>
I lost my White nuzlocke. Going to start a new one. What game is better to attempt, Black 2, X, or OR?
>>
>>26176957
What happens in a nuzlocke if you don't have a Pokemon that can use surf or something?
>>
>>26200375
Get something dead out of a box and surf on its corpse, or catch something to surf and don't use it for anything.
>>
>>26200375
fish in towns.
fish for a shiny.
>>
>>26200410
This.
My rule is that HM slaves are allowed IF and ONLY IF NONE of your legit captures can learn the move.
>>
>>26200045
Going to fight Roxanne, two deaths already.
One because I had an entirely normal/dark team and a generic trainer had a machop. And the other was a different whismur where I hit uproar by mistake when I shouldn't have,

Unless I get really lucky in Granite cave or something, I think Brawley is gonna destroy me again, but I might as well try to get that far....
>>
File: fug.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26201618
A bad crit took out Poochi, and I ran out of healing items with Ziggy, Luka is my only survivor. I'm gonna keep going, but I don't expect to last very much longer...
>>
File: Figured as much.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Figured as much.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26201642
I'm gonna give it a few more tries, I am pretty sure I don't really NEED a starter, but I do at least need at least one lucky draw for my early mons.
>>
Starting a Omega Ruby run. First reply chooses my starter.
>>
>>26203535
Treecko.
>>
Pokemon Ruby Destiny is going to be a bitch to beat
I just got swept by level 15 Staravia
>>
>>26203854
AGAIN
Fucking double team spam is broken this early in the game
>>
where the fuck are the pastebins, megas, Google folders, etc. nice job op
>>
How do people do the rules in games where you have encounters before you get Pokeballs? Like 101 and 103 in R/S/E.
>>
>>26205917
Rules come into effect once you get pokeballs.
>>
>>26205917
Game doesn't start until the get some balls. You're allowed to go back to earlier routes.

On an unrelated note, Desmume always causes my windows to crash (not responding.)

Is it the fault of my pc? Or did I download a glitched version?
>>
>>26206051
>>26206056
Casuals, game starts when you press "new game" But seriously you can play any way you want, I just generally try to avoid as many exceptions as possible, but your starter should be your route 101 mon
>>
File: Check out these doubles.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Check out these doubles.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26201681
Alright, gonna try Roxanne again, wish me luck, /nuzgen/
>>
File: Put on the red light.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Put on the red light.png
5 KB, 240x160
>>26206707
Wew, everything went as expected, Peeko took out the dudes, and fang used bite to take out the nosepass (I didn't trust Peeko to OHKO the nosepass with watergun and didn't want to risk it getting hit with rock tomb)
>>
Doing a Y nuzlocke without Exp. Share and having my boyfriend who knows little about pokemon nickname all of my caught mons.

Just beat Clemont and my current team is:

Pimples the Gloom
Deathany the Dunsparce
Peep the Floette
Clinton the Octillery
Knife Face the Absol
>>
File: Mayday mayday.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Mayday mayday.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26206727
>Press uproar
>Mudkip used bide
WHELP
>>
>>26184580
a fish called Wanda, you are cool friendo!
>>
>>26206056
pls respond.
>>
File: Birdy has a lot of guts.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Birdy has a lot of guts.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26206781
Alright, even with the resist I was a bit worried about Peeko taking on Brawley's Makuhita on its own. And given that he kicked my butt last time, I decided I needed to come in with a plan.

And since last time my Tailow was ALMOST able to OHKO the Maku, this is the plan I came up with.
>>
File: Birdy the Mighty.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Birdy the Mighty.png
6 KB, 240x160
>>26207604
Thanks for the assist, wild Wurmple.
>>
>>26207604
>these nicknames
are you 5?
>>
>>26207625

>>26207627
Mostly creatively lazy after failing a decent number of runs where I caught a lot of the same number of mons. Also without Bunny I will admit Tiger is a much worse nickname, but that's always a risk of paired nicknames in a nuzlocke for you
>>
File: Wew.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Wew.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26207974
>>26207625
>Self-destruct
>Not actually killing one of my mons
Is this real life?
>>
File: RIP.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>26208477
Made up for it later, I guess.
>>
>>26208490
I did pretty well considering I effectively only had 3 mons available to me for this fight due to weakness. All my new captures were also water types so I stuck with my existing team.
>>
File: He's all dried up.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
He's all dried up.png
5 KB, 240x160
>>26208754
Things are actually going well so far, I got a decent bench even.

Flanney next
>>
File: Things are about to get hot.png (7 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Things are about to get hot.png
7 KB, 240x160
>>26210994
Alright, ready to rock.
>>
File: Heart's on fire strong desire.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Heart's on fire strong desire.png
5 KB, 240x160
>>26211371
Alright, I got pretty luck I think with Balboa never actually getting hit with an overheat, so things worked out pretty well
>>
>>26207604
same thing with me, just lost to fucking BRUNO with this team, the last 2 are obviously HM slaves, I named Psyduck FELON because I caught it on Sevii islands so it felt like cheating
>>
>>26211394
Alright, I'm taking a bit of a detour to train up a Machop from my bench, will probably hit Norman tomorrow night.

My the hax be ever in your favor /nuzgen/
>>
Fav gen to Nuz through?

Mine is 4.
>>
>>26213627
B2 was super fun, even found a shiny pidove while grinding, and it was a male so it actually looks decent evolved. Gunna ship him over to bank when done with the run.
>>
I want to do a nuzlocke run but not sure which game I want to run it in.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.