[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ya gotta help me /vp/ I'm trying to find a magazine I had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1447744697056.png (4 MB, 2098x2350) Image search: [Google]
1447744697056.png
4 MB, 2098x2350
ya gotta help me /vp/

I'm trying to find a magazine I had years ago, many years ago. I can't remember the title at fucking all

I just remember the whole issue was pokemon, but i can't remember if it was always like that, or if it was special, or if it was a guide

It had articles on pokemon snap, pokemon puzzle league, and hey you pikachu, as well as some articles on pokemon G/S which were new at the time, and I remember the article on the pokemon breeder and egg

I remember it said something like "pokesex is handled quite tastefully"

and thats actually the only line from it I can remember

what are some magazines from 1999-2001 that would have run an issue like this in the US?
>>
>>26149327
Only pokemon mags I remember from back then was Beckett and Pojo (or at least something that was basically a ripoff or the source of Pojo). Beckett did a lot of issues on Pokemon in the hype days, focusing on the games, anime, and trading cards, along with reviews. The other Pojo-esque magazine I'm thinking of had someone playing through an early translated (I think) version of Gold and getting to Goldenrod to start breeding.

These were also the mags that gave us the poorly drawn Gen 2 mons.
>>
>>26149395
were the pages red in any of these?

i remember the pages of this being red
>>
>>26149403
Don't really remember. I'm sure I still have them but they're probably in storage right now. I'm sure people have scans of them online and they were monthly/bimonthly mags so there wouldn't be much to go through. I know people collected the Beckett books from around that time to keep track of pokemon card prices so you might be able to find someone who can look it up. As for PoJo, last time I checked their site they still had all their news archived all the way back to Gen 2 hype, so unless that's changed you might find their articles and features by digging around in the archive. Might not look the same as in the magazine, but the content should be the same.

Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>26149462
don't think it was any of those, but thanks anyway anon.

i really hate now that I remember this I won't be able to sleep till i find it
>>
>>26149516
I understand your frustration
>>
>>26149521
Hey
>>
File: Pkmtipsntricks.jpg (206 KB, 746x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pkmtipsntricks.jpg
206 KB, 746x1000
>>26149327
This one I assume
>>
>>26149558
i don't think so, the magazines main article was on the gold and silver games, which must have already been released

So far I have

Red Pages
Mainly about pokemon gold and silver
had a guide on poke sex and breeding
had articles on pokemon snap, hey you pikachu, and puzzle league

may not have even been a nintendo magazine, probably wasn't since I recall it said sex a few times which made my 9 year old self giggle like a mad man
>>
>>26149574
Idk man

Old Nintendo was waaay more lenient
>>
File: 1445304652414.gif (3 MB, 515x479) Image search: [Google]
1445304652414.gif
3 MB, 515x479
>>26149574
>>26149592

but then, if it has articles on snap, why would it have gold and silver articles if snap was out before it?

now i think im going crazy
>>
>>26149574
Probably should have asked before, but what region are you from, because not all mags reached all areas. Only other things I can think of if you were NA were either some Nintendo strat magazine, Nintendo power or a knock-off, or one of those promotional mags that highlighted projects and upcoming games (think game informer but more special interest than just games in general, like a buyer's guide to a system).
>>
>>26149608
USA
>>
>>26149614
The problem is around then there were literally hundreds of mags covering the hype and latest scoop. A lot of them focused more on card and toy collection and the value of them (because beanie baby mania) but there were tons that just plastered pokemon on anything to have an article saying anything from anime synopsis to details about "the mysterious workings of the creators in Japan". And a lot of them ripped their info right from message boards and fansites to sell mags too because there was not enough organization to find out information or who was ripping it off back then.

plus most of us were kids

I'll look for a few things I remember myself but there's a ton of shit from that era to dig through without knowing specifics.

Here's a few gems I have in my collection that I revisit every few years to remember how weird 1999 was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvKvk2p773M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hd-prSCllg
>>
>>26149743
I know it wasn't a hype mag, that I know for sure
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.