[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a few questions; i've been lurking for a bit. I love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9
File: Yarly.jpg (62 KB, 675x448) Image search: [Google]
Yarly.jpg
62 KB, 675x448
Just a few questions; i've been lurking for a bit.

I love the hype with seeing new Pokemon, or even fakes. I remember when tepig's final was leaked and EVERYONE thought it was fake because of how "busy" and "stupid" it looked.

Why do you believe the owl and the other starters are obvious, plausible, or even exact proof? Especially the fire starter- which isn't any obvious animal at all?

From an artist standpoint; i feel sugimori can achieve much better, more interesting Pokemon. There are far too many inconsistencies in style. He is much better at illustrating ideas and animals than these creatures.

I DO love owl and dolphin; but i don't personally believe they're real guys.

What are your opinions?

>Do you like them?
>Why or why not?
>Which would you use?
>>
>>26115298
this is a good thread and you should feel proud of yourself and in no way homosexual, OP
>>
File: 1461746293762.jpg (29 KB, 654x521) Image search: [Google]
1461746293762.jpg
29 KB, 654x521
>>26115298
... because we needed another owl thread, right?

But I appreciate that you actually want serious discussion other than denialfags and owlfags constantly flinging feces at each other.

I love seal/dolphin and owl too, and would like for them to be real, but I know that the chances of them being real are very, very slim. The only "evidence" to latch on to would be:

>the trademarks
>it might be concept art
>it hasn't been debunked yet

But those aren't very reassuring.

There was one "insider" on here that mostly everyone ignored that said the fire starter was a dog that acted like a cat. He even posted owl's evolutions. But most likely another bullshitting "leaker".
>>
File: 1461842431737.jpg (314 KB, 2066x3041) Image search: [Google]
1461842431737.jpg
314 KB, 2066x3041
>>26115479
Here's what they posted if anyone's interested.

They said they were a concept artist that worked on the anime or some shit.

But yeah, most likely fake. Especially since they haven't posted since this, and they promised they'd post the other two evolutions. Disappointing...
>>
>>26115298
>Do you like them?
I won't be devastated if they're real or if they're fake
>Why or why not?
I also think we could have better, though these designs are growing on me
>Which use?
I usually choose water, but I'd wait to see the final evolutions before deciding

I'm waiting for the shitstorm when corocoro releases and will laugh no matter who gets BTFO
>>
File: thisniggasrsrn.png (9 KB, 85x109) Image search: [Google]
thisniggasrsrn.png
9 KB, 85x109
>>26115298
Autists have been trying to force memes on /vp/ since the dawn of time, this is just another one. No one actually believes they're real.
>>
>>26115576
Keep telling yourself that bud.
>>
>>26115572
You're too hopeful, fellow water-bro.

Corocoro might not even reveal starters...

At most, they will reveal the silhouettes.
>>
File: 1458211827833.jpg (1 MB, 1864x5312) Image search: [Google]
1458211827833.jpg
1 MB, 1864x5312
Owlfag proof
>Multiple individual leaked images
>Matching post on 2ch with same timestamp as original leaks
>2ch is where the majority of past legit leaks have come from
>Only Japanese IPs can post on 2ch; their proxy detection system is relentless compared to 4champ
>First leak occurred three months ago
>All leaked images in extremely high resolution, clear photo quality
>First leaks surfaced long before the Trademarks were registered
>Trademarks from the same filing as the ones posted on Serebii
>The grass starter is literally a Tree/Root and an Owl.
>Registered trademark of Mokuroh translates to Tree + Bird.
>The water starter is a round-bodied aquatic animal with limbs
>Ashimari translates to Round Sea Lion.
>Fire one has features that could possibly resemble a cat
>Nyabby has Nya, Japanese sound for a Meow
>Again, they match the trademarks
>Leaked designs also appease the majority of patternfags
>After three months, nothing has come up to make them less believable
>In fact, as time goes on, it becomes more likely that they're in fact legit

Denialfag Proof
>I-I don't like the designs, therefor fake
>Those don't look like starters. My opinion is end all be all! I'm right!!
>Muh marketing meme despite Stunfisk

>>26115576

Denial is a horrible thing. I hope you recover.
>>
>>26115620
True. But even with silhouettes, these starters would be confirmed or disproven and /vp/ would lose its mind
>>
OP Here; i'm extremely suprised how soon nintendo has revealed there's another game coming out so soon. It feels genuinely very rushed.

Perhaps this is why the quality of these said starters look so "bad" compared to all other in the past?

As for quality; i do feel like the little seal and dolphin hold true; or the people who faked them understood the watercolour techniques sugimori uses.

The owl and fire dog/cat whatever (that speaks for itself) are not quality of being a pokemon. They just don't look well thought out, sculpted or interesting.

The fire and grass starters don't even imply they're part of their typing- where ALL other starters implied this.
>>
>>26115663

>Three years between Gen 5 and 6
>Three years between Gen 6 and 7

The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>26115682
I must've lost track of time! It just seems very very fast! Sorry! D;
>>
>>26115298
On one hand, we have the Owlfags - they were probably nonbelievers during either Wottergate, Fairygate, or the Greninja and Hawlucha leaks, and they were wrong then. Now we have this, and they don't want to be wrong again, so they are on the side of the believers.

On the other hand, we have...the other side - they were probably believers during ORAS hype season, and they were wrong then. Like the Owlfags, they don't want to be wrong again, except this group is on the side of the nonbelievers.

At the end of it all, we can't be so certain which side is right this time until official sources hit, and anyone who tries to insist otherwise is just fishing for (You)s. And I don't blame them, it's fun as all hell.
>>
>>26115659
That's what I'm hoping for.

If owl is confirmed, it will be obvious with the silhouettes. And this entire board will erupt into a shitstorm laughing at the doubters. I'm hoping for this outcome personally.

If owl is fake, we will get to discuss what the starters might look like. And owlfags will be laughed at for a few hours before we focus on the actual silhouettes.

Fun either way.
>>
File: 1458362714812.png (1 MB, 3784x5160) Image search: [Google]
1458362714812.png
1 MB, 3784x5160
>>26115692

>Owlfags
>they were probably nonbelievers during either Wottergate, Fairygate, or the Greninja

BUT THE DENIALFAGS OF THE OWLS ARE LITERALLY THE SAME ONES AS THE PAST LEAK SEASON
>>
>>26115692
its definately fun; i love seeing this hype. It's one of the things that each new game kept me really interested in Pokemon. I don't know how people can get so mad at it. It's like when cloverfield was teased as a movie; it just makes me more excited.
>>
>>26115711

SOURCE: YOUR ASS: THE POST

Also, nice spam. Have fun with your 2-day ban.
>>
>>26115714
Same, I'm having fun more than anything. The autists taking it personal just don't know how to have fun.

This is the first surviving leak we've had so far, that hasn't been disproven yet. That's mostly why everyone's going apeshit over it.
>>
>>26115644
You think your dumb copy pasta gonna solve your delusion?
>>
>>26115724
Oh no! What ever will I do with 2 days away from you autists?
>>
OP made a good point. Fug owl is the only starter that doesn't have some kind of leaf or grass theme to him. I am no longer a believer
>>
>>26115756
Probably something productive.
>>
File: 1445272327328.jpg (386 KB, 1805x1363) Image search: [Google]
1445272327328.jpg
386 KB, 1805x1363
>>26115761

>ARMS ARE LEAVES

WHAT LOL
>>
>>26115763
Shame you wont be doing the same.
>>
>>26115768
This is OP!! I think owl is really cute but he's not starter worthy. He doesn't really evoke anything. Also wheres his little beak? I'm not sure the artists would leave something so gaping and awkward in its design. He's super cute but this is kind of a flaw.
>>
>>26115768
even treecko's tail is more of a leaf than this
>>
>>26115763
Meanwhile you try to convince people that a Pokemon is real on a shitty imageboard. I guess he wins?
>>
>>26115786
His beak is a little flap. I think that's what I like best about him, he reminds me of Tearaway with his little papery mouth

It's based off of a barn owl, I think.
>>
>>26115828
I wasn't saying it was a bad thing.

It would prolly be best if I got banned too. But sadly I was let off with a warning the last time I broke one of the rules.
>>
>>26115838
This is rather cute! I held onto one of these guys in Japan at a cafe and it puked a pellet on my boot.
>>
>>26115692
The only reasons I don't believe leaks is cause I was on the smash hype t e a in and remember everyone falling for the Rayman leak. That's why I never believe leaks.

And honestly there may be some proof for this leak NOW, before there were still owlfag defending this shit even though it was just some shitty drawings on paper. Unless you have a really good leak, go the fuck away.
>>
>>26115857
I'm sure most owlfags haven't experienced being BTFO before. They're about to learn a hard lesson, and hopefully soon.

Wouldn't it be a miracle if the creator of these leaks suddenly showed up and took the credit? It would be a miracle.

I am somewhat of an owlfag, but even I am getting sick of this shit.
>>
>>26115888
>it would be a miracle twice

why do I make retarded errors like this

ignore that pls
>>
>>26115857
At the same time though, i kind of doubt gamefreaks quality.

I remember when serperior was leaked and everyone thought it was fake as fuck because it looked so ridiculous and awful. It's grown on me- but i definately don't think it looks great.

Although owl is cute; i feel like he's on the same quality/standard level as serperior. Unfortunately red fire thing is even worse. It doesn't evoke a dog or a cat at ALL. (and what are its eyes doing even? Who is this trying to attract?)

I would be suprised if they were leaked and real- but at the same time, i'd be a little dissapointed. Not that i don't like them mostly; i just feel like they could do better than this.
>>
>>26115703
I'm glad there are others just sitting back and watching the show. It seems the board is pretty divided by the believers and nonbelievers
>>
>>26115923
I just can't see that being the fire type. Every Gen I have always picked the fire type, except for Gen 6 cause I hate delfoxes design. It just doesn't seem like a fire starter. They have always been based off an animal not an object. And you can't tell me it looks like a cat cause that shit is nowhere near a cat. If these leaks are real then it's probably a cavemon but it just doesn't look like a starter.

That owls smug ass look has grown on me cause it's shit posted so much but I still don't believe this shit one bit.
>>
>>26116072
I'm in the same boat, owl is so fucking meme'd out and ridiculous that i've grown to love him as a character that all these assholes created lol.
>>
File: 1446274548432.png (152 KB, 602x576) Image search: [Google]
1446274548432.png
152 KB, 602x576
>>26116072

Eat shit.
>>
>>26116072
>object

How does it look like an object to you?

To me it just looks like a monster, not a specific animal. Which leads me to believe it might be a pseudo-legendary, not a starter.
>>
>>26116189
It looks like a rock/volcano thing to me. I just see it being the first cavemon you see.
>>
>>26116260
First cavemon? Maybe. But to me it reminds me of lower evolutions in Salemence's and Tyranitar's stages. Or not a Pokemon at all. That's most likely the case.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.