[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel Sun and Moon will be rather a short special generation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3
File: sunmoon.jpg (135 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
sunmoon.jpg
135 KB, 1191x670
I feel Sun and Moon will be rather a short special generation, just to celebrate the 20th annivesary, with these games being the only entries for gen 7 and then the next generation will start in 2018 and will be released for the next console. I just think it is too early for any remakes (we just had Hoenn with ORAS and Kanto rerelease) and i doubt GF will do other third version anytime soon.

I feel Sun and Moon will just introduce some new mons and story, wrap up Kalos story (maybe) and link all the old generations in some way before the big re-opening in gen 8 (kinda like what Unova was). i doubt this generation will be focusing so much on new stuff like BW but rather will be something like Johto or Kalos where we had tons of old games references

Mind you, this is obviously just speculation
>>
My personal theory is we'll have Sun & Moon (and Eclipse (Marshadow anyone?)) Delta Emerald (with the literal shitton of features they left out from Emerald, the retconned storyline and evil teams, the left-out areas, the vast amount of hints, references and build-up, and the fact that Deoxys was born by the Ultimate Weapon, yet doesn't have a Mega (as well as the plothole that Rayquaza once defeated Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre before it learned how to Mega Evolving)), and Z (being a re-written XY that serves as the climax of everything from both XY, ORASDE and SME).

I'm not expecting any of this to actually happen. I simply do not have enough faith in GameFreak for that. But it would be pretty awesome nonetheless.
>>
>>26118575
>I feel Sun and Moon will be rather a short special generation, just to celebrate the 20th annivesary

This would make people mad. They won't do it. They'll replicate B2/W2, it's not that hard to do really.
>>
Nice blog, faggot.
>>
>>26118575
Sun and Moon will be a six part series, with each entry emulating the feel and style of a past gen.
>>
I agree with OP. Evennif you consider this a new gen because MUH NEW POKEMON AND REEGUN, the rest of it is going to be like gen 6. And after these games there isn't going to be another set in the same "gen" because there are only 2 more pentagon slots. They'll skip 2017 and release another gen on the NX.
>>
It is a generation, no a preperation to a generation.

6.5 jokers are now just singing their last song.
>>
>>26118575
>I feel Sun and Moon will be rather a short special generation
Wow man, we know fuck nothing about them but you can already say so much.
You must either be really smart or totally full of shit
>>
Makes sense to me, after all it was leaked as an anniversary game
>>
>>26119091
>Wow man, we know fuck nothing about them

We know enough.

We know that the trailer is 90% about showing off previous games and that they went out of their way to announce it specifically on the 20th anniversary date.

We know that the trailer guy says "it all comes together"

We know that there isn't a single new Pokemon in any of that concept art, so it may be focusing on having a fuckton of old Pokemon like XY.

We know that there are exactly two pentagon slots that work with XY and ORAS.

We know that there are three leftover moves in XY and ORAS, two of them having to do with Zygarde who's formes will debut in the next games.

We know that they can release new games roughly a year after a new console release before since RS came out the year after the GBA got released.
>>
>>26119139

>we know that there single new Pokemon in any of that concept art

Obviously they want to keep the new ones hidden? It isn't rocket sciene.
>>
>>26119139
The bird is new and Masuda said there will be at least 10 new pokemon
>>
>>26119159
yes, surely this concept art being made for the developers that probably didn't have the intention of being shown to the public when it was made, hence [CONFIDENTIAL] would focus on keeping new Pokemon hidden.

I don't follow your logic.
>>
>>26119139
Also the original leak that had all the big games that were coming out this year listed pokemon as "Anniversary game"
>>
>>26119165
And that has absolutely nothing to do with my argument.

I have no idea why you're bringing it up.
>>
>>26119070
Yeah, it's the sixth generation after all c:
>>
>>26118575
>I feel Sun and Moon will be rather a short special generation
Yeah, but it has nothing to do with the 20th anniversary. They know it takes extends generation 6 for too long if they have to wait for a NX Pokemon game so they try a short cash grab game and wait for the NX to get momentum for gen 8.
>>
>>26119173
(You) read what you said
>>
>>26119209
I never said there wouldn't be new Pokemon.
>>
>>26119053
>Evennif you consider this a new gen because MUH NEW POKEMON AND REEGUN, the rest of it is going to be like gen 6
You mean just like Gen 1 and 2, and 4 and 5?

>Implying Sun & Moon will feature the pentagons
They won't.
>>
>>26119214
You said there were no pokemon in the concept art yet we saw the bird
>>
>>26119247
>You mean just like Gen 1 and 2, and 4 and 5?

Since when did Gen 1 have two special stats? Or Dark and Steel type?

Since when did Gen 4 have animated sprites? Or a dynamic battle camera? Or larger OW sprites? Or Rotom formes with different types?

>They won't.
They will.
>>
>>26119247
>They won't.
We dont know that yet. You see, Sun and Moon might be both gen 7 and Kalos continuation just like gen 2 continued Kanto stuff. Its a possibility
>>
>>26119139
You mean fucking nothing then. This is fucking nothing. Stop trying to make small and vague shit sound like something important. It's not.
>>
>>26119256
That isn't concept art. It's model development. It doesn't change the fact that their concept of the game mostly features old pokemon.
>>
>>26119269
It is. Just because you're too stupid to put it together doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
>>26119170
What logic is it you fail to understand? The logic that revealing new Pokémon through BACKGROUND CONCEPT ART is a fucking shit way to do reveals? Do you know fucking nothing about how to hype an audience? They're waiting on revealing the new Pokémon so that the reveal will actually be the focus.
>>
>>26119281
>The logic that revealing new Pokémon through BACKGROUND CONCEPT ART is a fucking shit way to do reveals?

Just like revealing new Pokemon through a fucking unfinished models would be a shit way to do reveals? Oh wait, they did that anyway.
>>
File: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>26119280
That's why we got Pokemon Gray, right?
>>
>>26119271
>It doesn't change the fact that their concept of the game mostly features old pokemon.
>fact
Just how fucking stupid are you? There's absolutely NOTHING shown yet that tells us this, AT ALL. All we have is a trailer that shows absolutely nothing about the game other than a building, some vehicles and a new bird. You can't base the entirety of the game's concept on just that.
>>
>>26119139
Wow, what a suck logic you have there.

"It all comes together"? really? this is your proof that this is just a game and not new gen? so fool.
>>
>>26119271
Alright gotcha now.

I dont think they wanted to show new mons on the concept art just yet, but it is weird how many old mons do appear
>>
>>26119307
>There's absolutely NOTHING shown yet that tells us this

All the concept art showing old Pokemon tells us this. We've been over this already.

>You can't base the entirety of the game's concept on just that
But I'm not basing it just on that. Read the other points in the post.

>>26119305
I never thought there would be a Pokemon Grey. And I have no idea what that has to do with my post.
>>
>>26119294
That barely count as a reveal m8, seriously. We basically only know that it exists
>>
>>26119324
Just like showing a Pokemon in a blurry concept art photo would "barely count as a reveal"
>>
>>26119264
Shut the fuck up, Gen 1 and 2 were fucking identical. Gen 2 had two extra types and few extra mechanics, but other than that it was just a Gen 1 copy. Same goes for Gen 4 and 5, yes, Gen 5 had more content and better graphics, but literally every single game in those two Gens still used the exact same engine.

You say new Pokémon and a new region isn't enough to call S&M a new Gen, yet your only reasoning for Gen 2 and 5 being new Gens is types and graphics.

>They will.
Your proof? Or right, you don't have any.
>>
>>26119321
>I never thought there would be a Pokemon Grey
What possible reason did you have to think there wouldn't be a Pokemon Grey, smart guy? Hindsight is a hell of a drug
>>
People here STILL think that showing old pokemon is actually a proof to a connection to an old game? Wow, gen 5 really ruined everthing in your head.
>>
>>26119327
It's Fletchling
>>
>>26119333
>What possible reason did you have to think there wouldn't be a Pokemon Grey, smart guy?

"Grey" sounds boring. And there are two signature moves left for Kyurem before BW2. Not one.
>>
>>26119280
Put what together? Those tiny-ass arguments that means fucking nothing? Oh right, 'cause it's not like the unreleased moves and formes could come in a later gen, that's "impossible". All you have is a trailer that focused on something entirely different than what you're using it to prove.
>>
>>26119321
>And I have no idea what that has to do with my post
Patterns and clues mean nothing: GF can do whatever they want with their future games.
Stop overanalyzing the too few informations we have
>>
>>26119330
>Gen 2 had two extra types and few extra mechanics, but other than that it was just a Gen 1 copy.

>if you leave out the stuff that didn't make it a copy then it's a copy!

Yeah, sure bud. By the way, I can also point out the fact that the game has more colors, the back sprites are all different, the move animations are all different.

>but literally every single game in those two Gens still used the exact same engine.
Yet they were still different.

>yet your only reasoning for Gen 2 and 5 being new Gens is types and graphics.
Gen 2 has different battle mechanics from gen 1 and can't battle with gen 1.
Gen 5 has different battle mechanics from gen 4 and can't battle with gen 4.

This is enough to call it a new gen. SM is hardly gen 6 if the only new things in it are pokemon and region.
>>
>>26119321
>All the concept art showing old Pokemon tells us this. We've been over this already.
You mean the Blastoise, Pikachu and those in the back of a truck? Oh wow, that's SO many old Pokémon! How many is it, 5? Shut up.
>>
>>26119343
>Oh right, 'cause it's not like the unreleased moves and formes could come in a later gen

Define "later gen." The fact of the matter is, these moves are in gen 6 and no gen has ever had any unused moves let alone three of them.

>>26119344
>Patterns and clues mean nothing

Yes they do. I'm putting evidence together from the trailer and surrounding games to put together a conclusion. This method hasn't failed me yet.

>>26119360
There's also the Horsea statue, the Staryu, Spheal, and Chinchou on the building...none of these are new Pokemon. I wonder why.
>>
Showing old pokemon is just a way to connect fans to older times. Doesn't mean those old pokemon are the main ones.
>>
>>26119354
>Yet they were still different.
Implying SM won't be any different?

You say something as big as a whole new region and a whole new set of Pokémon isn't enough to make it a new generation, yet all the other games had to do was do exactly that, with the addition of new battle mechanics and being unable to trade with the previous gen. SM won't be able to trade with previous gens either, due to the new Pokémon, since that's what dictates it. So SM is certain to have 3 out of 4 of your points, and will most likely also have new battle mechanics, like every game always has.
>>
>>26119371
>There's also the Horsea statue, the Staryu, Spheal, and Chinchou on the building...none of these are new Pokemon. I wonder why.
Wow, an astounding 9 Pokémon then. THAT surely most be proof enough that this Gen will feature almost no new Pokémon at all!
>>
>>26119384
>Implying SM won't be any different?
They won't. Thus the 2 pentagons and 3 leftover moves.

>yet all the other games had to do was do exactly that
No, they also broke battle compatibility by changing up the mechanics, and made the game look visibly different by changing the graphics.

>SM won't be able to trade with previous gens either, due to the new Pokémon
No. Did ORAS lack trading to XY because of the new megas? Or the new abilities? Or the new moves? It didn't. So what tells you SM won't be the same?
>>
>>26119371
>Define "later gen."
A game with new Pokémon that wasn't in the last.

>The fact of the matter is, these moves are in gen 6 and no gen has ever had any unused moves let alone three of them.
No, because there has never BEEN unreleased moves before, other than two of Kyurem's. This is something that's still so new we can't say anything about, let alone use it as an argument.
>>
>>26119388
No one said it was proof. But it is evidence. Stop overreacting.
>>
>>26119397
>A game with new Pokémon that wasn't in the last.

So it can still be pretty much gen 6 but just new Pokemon and region. And those moves will be used with trading/battle compatibility with gen 6. And then they can move onto a gen that ISN'T just like gen 6. I don't see how this breaks my logic.

>No, because there has never BEEN unreleased moves before
No. With every previous generation every move was available by the time the generation finished.
>>
>>26119393
>They won't. Thus the 2 pentagons and 3 leftover moves.
You literally can't say this you fucking faggot. We know nothing about the games yet, you cannot conclude something like this based on fucking nothing.

>No, they also broke battle compatibility by changing up the mechanics
I literally said that myself you retard.

>and made the game look visibly different by changing the graphics.
They do that with every set of games, it has nothing specific to do with the generation.

>ORAS bullshit
Did you really not read anything of what I said? I said SM won't be able to trade due to the addition of NEW Pokémon. You can't use ORAS as an argument here, because it didn't feature NEW Pokémon.
>>
>>26119403
>Define "gen"
>A game with new Pokémon that wasn't in the last
>Oh so this game can still be Gen 6 even with new Pokémon
Boy you really are stupid, aren't you?

>No. With every previous generation every move was available by the time the generation finished.
I never stated the opposite.
>>
>>26119398
It's barely evidence at all. It's 9 Pokémon out of a Regional Dex that'll probably be around 300.
>>
>>26119419
>Boy you really are stupid, aren't you?

I said "pretty much." How does new Pokemon force the mechanics and graphics to change again?

>I never stated the opposite.
Every signature move of an event pokemon counts as unreleased until the event pokemon is out.

>>26119423
It is evidence though. These are things in the trailer.

>that'll probably be around 300
of mostly old Pokemon.
>>
>>26119170
They chose concept art without new Pokemon in it. Not trying to be mean, but that's obvious unless you're autistic.
>>
>>26119177
>c:
Confirmed underage "goofster"
>>
>>26119330
>Gen 1 and 2 were fucking identical

Oh come on Anon, you can't mean that.

>yet your only reasoning for Gen 2 and 5 being new Gens is types and graphics.

Not that anon, but new moves, breeding, held items, new types, new pokémon, new region, new moves, new mechanics, special split and new graphics all separate gen I from gen II. I don't know how a retard like you even managed to turn on whatever device you use for posting your inane shit, but we have to thank technology for letting morons like you spew your shit out for everyone to see.

That's not even starting on the gen IV-V one.
>>
File: tib.png (163 B, 10x10) Image search: [Google]
tib.png
163 B, 10x10
>>26119494
>fell for it
lmop
>>
>>26119450
>They chose concept art without new Pokemon in it

Yet they had no problem showing an unfinished model.

We've been through this.
>>
>>26119423
Not OP but desu, it is kinda weird not to showcase a new water pokemon there. I mean, there has to be.

That's concept art tho, probably not the final product.
>>
>>26119139
Im going to need a source on that movie rhing
>>
>>26119264
And I'm sure Sun and Moon will have new stuff too.
>>
>>26119775
nothing that will break battle compatibility.

>>26119736
what movie thing
>>
>>26119371
Wow, so I guess XY are Gen 5 because XY has statues of Zekrom and Reshiram
>>
>>26119798
What's your evidence that there won't be new features that wil break compatibility?
>>
>>26119825
I'm not arguing it's same gen. I'm arguing it's going to focus mostly around old Pokemon. Which XY arguably did.
>>
As far as I know NX is supposed to be console not a handheld right? So no main series. Sun and Moon is the next main serie and not a short special or whatever.
>>
>>26119844
2 pentagon slots, zygarde moves, floette
>>
>>26119844
In any case they do, we can point to OR/AS. What it introduced of new moves/mons/abilities were banned from battling with X/Y, therefore didn't break the battle compatibility.
>>
>>26119857
They don't have to use the new Pentagon slots, but less assume they do use them. This means absolutely nothing besides that the games were trade compatible. Gen 2 was with Gen 1 in that regard as well.
>>
>>26119919
It's evidence for that what they at least have been planning. You can't write that off.
>>
>>26119946
>Completely ignores the point of my post.

Lmao ok
>>
>>26118575
Nah, DPPt remakes confirmed.
>>
>>26119957
It's because I'm not the guy you quoted. I'm only gonna help people with objectivity in the arguments.
>>
I think your wrong OP. I think this will be like gen V. It feels like its going to be a big thing with the anniversary and stuff. Gen 6 is what you are describing.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.