[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought ORAS and I'm having a ton of fun. Haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11
File: cat.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
cat.gif
2 MB, 300x169
I bought ORAS and I'm having a ton of fun. Haven't played since HGSS. Why did /vp/ lie to me and say it was shit?
>>
Because veepee is a bunch of bitter autistic manchildren that hate fun and rather complain their asses off about a perfectly fun game.
The game could've been more, yes, but for what you get from a typical Pokémon game, I'd say it's pretty average and entertaining nonetheless.
>>
People expected a masterpiece. A lot of the people on here were too young to take the games seriously before RS/E, so Hoenn was the first region where most of us got into competitive battling, or tried to catch them all, or tried to beat the post-game facilities. Lots of people hate the region, which is understandable, but most people have a special place in their heart for the games just because it was the first game they really dug into.

So, when the remakes came along, they expected a lot. The people who still loved RS/E were hoping for more of those good, nostalgic vibes. Those who hated them wanted a better version given to us.
Neither group really got what they wanted. The game was okay. Not amazing, not the worst thing ever. But people expected a masterpiece. The anger is more about disappointment than anything else.

But, to summarize: yeah, they're okay games. Have fun, anon.
>>
Yeah it's really not that bad. Just beat in January and I had a lot of fun. I haven't really touched it since the Delta Episode though, I can't find the energy to catch the rest of the pokemon and legendaries, and to train my team for the elite four rematch.
>>
People mostly get mad at how great ORAS could have been, instead of how bad is actually is

That said, Gen VI in general is handholding central and I can see why a lot of people would be angry with it as well as XY
>>
People wanted to masturbate to new art of Pike Queen Lucy, so they launched a hate campaign when there was no Battle Frontier.
>>
>>25989292
Because you were an idiot who would trust whatever I tell you instead of playing the damn game yourself.
>>
>>25989313
It's objectively a better experience than anything from gen 3
>>
>>25989335
I agree, but the feeling of the games is totally different. It feels like it's been polished to a chrome-like shine. All the roughness and texture that people grew to love was removed, generally for the better, but something was lost in the process that ruins it for the nostalgia crowd.

It also wasn't even close to as much of an improvement as there was between GS and HGSS.
>>
>>25989361
ehhh.

The game between RSE and ORAS is pretty profound in terms of gameplay and aesthetics.
>>
>>25989292
People were expecting HGSS quality and emerald
>>
>>25989327
this desu
if you are an idiot who falls for memes, you deserve your catposting fate
>>
File: 1460248512831.gif (4 MB, 298x150) Image search: [Google]
1460248512831.gif
4 MB, 298x150
It had made me love Gen 3 and redeemed Gen 6 for me, desu. I loved the idea of the Delta Episode, the nice little touches to the original story (Norman and your Mom fluff, anyone?).

I definitely get seeing these games wiping the Hoenn spirit away for a new and shiny one, but the shiny one isn't so bad and it's clear it knows it's roots.

The only real gripe I have is the stupid causal mentality that it barely broke away from.
>>
People wanted Emerald 3D, they got Ruby & Sapphire 3D. Other than that it's fine; has the same flaws and positives all the other games have.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
>>25989292

Maybe if you haven't only been playing crappy remakes, you would know better.
>>
>>25989292
Blame the Unovacucks triggered by the fact their games can't compete with both following and older gens than 5.
All they do is scgill and being childish.
>>
Because ORAS wasn't absolutely perfect like it could've been with a bit more effort, so people act like it's total shit.

Delta Episode is actually shit though.
>>
>>25989445
I liked ORAS, though. Wasn't too fond of X/Y however
>>
>>25989303
>he seriously think only /vp/ found ORAS to be a letdown
>>
A few minor disappointments and the lack of frontier and it is labelled crap, despite being a reasonably well executed remake with significantly enjoyable new features.

Hell, the games are worth it purely for soaring and dexnav.
>>
>>25989361
>It also wasn't even close to as much of an improvement as there was between GS and HGSS.
I disagree, HGSS was mostly a graphical update with several superfluous features that hindered players and how they captured pokemon. On top of that the original issues with the game weren't rectified.
The mass of daily events weren't the best of things either because they worked in real time now making the process tedious.

ORAS wasn't much better in the improvement alley however but at the very least added more pro player features to cut down on the tedium.
>>
>>25989470
>he doesn't leave 4chan
>>
>>25989292
ORAS needed the Battle Frontier. I guarantee you that if the BF was included these game, despite all their faults, wouldn't have gotten half of the complains they have now.
This don't depend by the fact that the BF is essential or good, but simply because people wanted it and were robbed of the possibilty to play it with the modern settings and now is almost impossible that such possibility could happen in the future
>>
ORAS had some good features but there was a lot of bad too

>moeshit added to story
>no battle frontier (a couple of people referencing scott and the battle brains doesn't cut it fuck you)
>3 pokemon gym leaders and 2 pokemon double battles

It was a godsend for non cheaters though with the daycare and bike circuit in the same area plus mono ev hordes
>>
>>25989292
VP is retarded, 3rd is the gen I liked less, ORAS was a huge improvement. The hate comes mostly because of the lack of Battle Frontier it seems.
>>
>>25989292
I asked myself the same. Over 100 hours in and still not bored.
>>
>>25989733
>3 pokemon gym leaders
They use the same r/s teams
So this was a problem already on the originals, not ORAS fault
>>
>>25989733
>>3 pokemon gym leaders
You do realise that the teams are exactly the same as the RS teams right?
Meaning that the Gym leaders with more than 3 pokemon still exist.

Also I like how the only legitimate complaint there is the BF which is entirely based on nostalgia mind you. Especially given 5 of those facilities were just straight battles.
>>
File: xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png (515 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
xjlmv0erxx8o6rpyzjpw.png
515 KB, 640x451
>>
>>25989292
Nobody lied to you, you just have shit taste.
ORAS is perfect for those who like going to the movies just to watch "Deadpool" or "Transformers".
>>
>>25989772
So are you saying you go to the movies just to buy food?
>>
>People wanted Battle Frontier

I think the worst thing HGSS did was include Crystal's Suicune subplot. It gave everyone unreasonable expectations for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
>>
>>25989292
There are usually more hate threads than appreciation threads because /vp/ is more likely to complain about things (as opposed to praising things).

From what I have seen, people who disliked ORAS listed two major flaws. One being lack of some Emerald features (Battle Frontier being the most prominent) and the other being general difficulty.

If you are one of the people who is not naive enough to believe in hard Pokemon games and don't care about lack of some features you shouldn't have much problems with ORAS. I don't say these people are wrong but you should never fully trust /vp/.

I've greatly enjoyed improved characters, expanded storyline and new additions (Secret Bases, Soaring, Pokenav Plus etc.). Most of my problem with ORAS (kinda weak Pokedex and shitton of water) came from RS and I expected them.
>>
>>25989814
To be fair, Crystal wasn't too different from GS to begin with.

Emerald now, that's essentially a whole different game in a lot of different ways and it doesn't mesh with the two game formula.
>>
File: 1448513131668.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1448513131668.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>25989321

Well....I was kinda looking forward to it
>>
>>25989814
So it's unreasonable to expect them to make something that's superior to something that's ten years old? Alright then. There was no excuse besides laziness to not include Emerald. Absolutely none.
>>
>>25989733
>>moeshit added to story
who
>>
>>25989851
>So it's unreasonable to expect them to make something that's superior to something that's ten years old?
Of course not, but then again that's what they recieved in many different ways regardless of the Frontier.

>There was no excuse besides laziness to not include Emerald.
Except Emerald doesn't allow for the two game formula present in the original game.
>>
>>25989854
>lisia
>zinnia
>courtney
>your rival
>>
>>25989871
Remember when there used to be little difference in the two games besides wild pokemon encounters? I sure do. Gens 1 and 2 sold well regardless.
>>
>>25989886
What does that have to do with anything?
The whole different perspective element was a big part of RS but wasn't present in Emerald.

Gen 2 was the start of the decline.
>>
>>25989895
I'm just saying that if they dropped the whole perspective thing it still would've sold no matter what.
>>
>>25989926
It sold well with it, what exactly is your point?
>>
>>25989879
Oh. It can't be helped. Gen 5 was the catalyst that lit the path to the glorious moe future.
>>
>>25989879
Literally only one of those can be considered moe.
>>
>>25989292
fun is a buzzword kill yourself
>>
>>25989973
Ummm wow, you better apologize to him you cunt, cuz buzzword is also a buzzword.
>>
File: 1438279071057.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
1438279071057.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>25989968
>gen V

How could gamefreak go so wrong after the gems that were platinum and HGSS?

>half of the new pokemon were uglier versions of pokemon from earlier gens but with better stats and movepools
>way too many new legendaries
>literal trash pokemon, ice creams, mlp, idol pokemon
>all the characters do stupid anime poses and interrupt your battles with annoying dialog
>ugly graphics
>shit beep beep music
>unreplayable because of linear region with terribad story
>>
>>25989943
That the whole two game storyline wasn't nessesary. They could have kept the whole Emerald one involving both teams battling each other and it wouldn't have made a lick of difference in terms of sales. There was no reason to go back to Ruby and Sapphire. If GF wanted to satisfy the two version formula they still could have simply shuffled around some pokemon and called it a day because that's what they did in older generations and it still worked.
>>
File: 1460072693269s.jpg (7 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1460072693269s.jpg
7 KB, 250x197
>>25990013
THE BAIT IS TOO STRONG, ABORT THE THREAD EVERYONE, ABORT!
>>
>>25989303
>>25989445
>he cant fathom people simply not liking a game

>>25989335
"objectively"

>>25989747
I got bored before finishing the game, but that's more a Hoenn thing than an ORAS thing, because I got bored at the same place in Emerald. Right after Lilycove City, finishing was an uphill battle
>>
>>25990019
>That the whole two game storyline wasn't nessesary.
Using that same logic nothing is necessary and the game should be the bare essentials rather than containing the elements that set them apart from the others, and that was one of those elements. In all honesty the story elements from Emerald didn't quite make sense either especially given that Groudon would have weakly dragged himself across the entire region to reach the volcano but that's besides the point.
That said it was a defining feature of RS unlike previous generations.

>If GF wanted to satisfy the two version formula they still could have simply shuffled around some pokemon and called it a day because that's what they did in older generations and it still worked.
See above, regardless of if it worked for older generations it's still a defining feature of RS that many of the fans expected from it. I would argue more so than the fans that expected Emerald elements given the fact it's the highest selling remake thus far.
>>
>>25990070
>"objectively"
Not him but yes, objectively.
Mostly in part due to the improved mechanics over the years, partly due to the longer content available in ORAS over the original gen 3 games.
>>
>>25990082
But there are things in Emerald (Not just the Frontier) that arent in ORAS. If you prefer those things, fine. But there are definitely people who will look at the lower framerate, no gym rematches, etc and legitimately prefer Emerald. In fact, I know people who do.

If you're using the Delta Episode as more content, that's pointless since people may have found it to be shit (I know I did)

I'm not saying I think Emerald is better (I'd say Emerald and ORAS are equal), but someone may legitimately do so, making "objectivey" a retarded and unecessary addition to one's opinion.
>>
>>25990111
>But there are things in Emerald (Not just the Frontier) that arent in ORAS.
That's where the whole style over substance thing comes into play.
There's no doubt that Emerald had a considerable amount of aesthetic style over ORAS but they didn't exactly add to the game in any meaningful way.
For example the mirage tower was only home to Sandshrew, Trapinch and the two fossil mon all of which could be found in route 111 outside in the previous game and ORAS.
Desert Underpass was home to only three pokemon, two of which could be found outside of the area Ditto being the new addition as you know Ditto can be found on mirage islands.

And so on and so forth.

Things like that are subjective because they're completely superfluous additions to the game.

Objectively there have been many improvements to the game over the years mechanically such as the physical special split, new game modes, dex nav etc, etc. as well as the available pokemon being nearly double that of the original game.

See what I'm getting at here?
>>
>>25989313
And those people are children and are to be discarded in the nearest corpse repository.
>>
I only played Ruby and Emerald once, the rest of my Gen III experience was Fire Red and rom hacks for Fire Red, what should I expect out of ORAS?
>>
>>25990308
Pretty much just an improved RSE without the Frontier.
>>
>>25990365
Sort of a bummer, I liked messing around in it in its HGSS incarnation. I can live without it though, I suppose.
>>
Gen III was trash and so was Gen VI.

Add those two together and you get an amazing shit sandwich.

Hoennbabbies are in denial their turn for remakes were awful after years of bitching and moaning for a sequel. HG/SS will always reign supreme, so cry some more.
>>
>>25990378
>Calling a remake shit
>while praising a worse remake

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
ORAS is a lazy remake. They played it way too safe while still continuing the bad design choices of XY.

First off, they continued the bad exp mechanic of XY. The exp share is just broken, but the other changes makes the game simplified even if you turn that off. Seeing that the gen V exp system was just right, they had to go and fuck it up. Naturally the game is not really designed around the new exp system. In addition to this, they decided to give the player a national dex before the E4. Why not simply wait for after the league? There is no real shortage of pokémon, and adding more just before the E4 cheapens the whole thing. Stick with something through the game.

Megas, the shining example of a new feature in gen VI is still barred away from the majority of the game. Granted, it was even worse in XY, what's the point of introducing such a feature, but fail to utilize it in such a manner? The megas are also just thrown into the game without thought or explanation. Granted, it was worse in XY, but you're supposed to learn from previos mistakes. I couldn't understand why they had to make primal reversion as something special when for all purposes it's just a mega. There was no need for the special distinction.

The Hoenn region looks bad. The square design does not fit a 3D overworld, and I can't believe they chose that look. If you're going to remake a game, at least use the technology of the time instead of making it look bad on purpose and say it's a throwback. They did plenty of other changes to the game, they could have remade the region to better suit the hardware. Some of the redesigns are also questionable, New Mauville or whatever it was called comes to mind, or just Mauville in general. They tried too hard to cram in a lot in one place.

(cont)
>>
>>25990412
The frame drops are embarassing, and give plenty of reason to prefer RSE for that reason alone. They are very distracting if you ask me. The visuals in battle aren't even that great, certainly not worth the massive drops. This can probably be attributed to GF's laziness. I certainly won't buy SM if they don't fix that issue.

I don't know where to start with the Delta Episode, but let me try. First off, Zinnia. This is a character that acts as a stereotypical pokémon villain. She disregards the safety of everyone in Hoenn (or the world) to "save" some people you have no reason to believe exist. That is okay enough, she can be crazy and feral all she wants as that is her character. The problems start to appear in how she is presented in the game. In contrast to her actions, she ends up being portrayed in a positive light, going against virtually all precedents in pokémon games.

The overarching plot of Delta Episode is just a convenient way of getting the player to fly around in Hoenn. There's nothing new, it's in the vein of a fetch quest all around Hoenn with the occasional battle. The climax is some of the most stupid shit I've seen in a pokémon game. The battle against Zinnia is anticlimatic as you get a pokémon that can wipe out her party without effort. A rigged battle is no fun. Then, it goes full retard by letting you ride raylmao to space and crash into a meteor. That's so stupid even for a pokémon game. Why would you ever do that? That said, at least they gave you a catchable Deoxys. It was the only salvageable thing from the mess.

No frontier is a no-brainer. Just the tower in the frontier would give the same effect as the maison, with more varied battle styles available. This is a major loss for a post-game with little else to do, and in general just a loss for people who like variety. Having a factory alone would be more than enough to keep me satisfied. They even had a previously designed frontier, they only had to implement it.
(cont)
>>
>>25990418
There are also numerous minor issues. Getting a free Lati@s is just mind-boggling, at least give us the challenge of catching it. The game corner removal screams of laziness, give us a throwback minigame at least. You have to travel back for Aron and others way too late compared to RSE for some pointless reason (got to have that plot exposition). Removal of the Safari Zone. The trainer "horde" battles are simple OHKO affairs. You get the point.

On the plus side, the general plot isn't more stupid than in the originals (hell, I'd say they're motives, while still moronic, are clearer). The music didn't leave any lasting impressions, but it can't remember it being bad. The secret bases system used both streetpass and Wi-Fi (failing at this would have been embarassing). A lot of Sea Mauville was better, although I would have preferred the sunken ship theme. I don't care for soaring, but flying to routes was nice.

OP, you have made the error in believing that fun == good. Have all the fun in the world for all I care, that doesn't make ORAS good games. They repeated the mistake of HGSS by not adressing some of the fundamental problems of the game they remade. In this case they added some other issues from XY that further degrades the experience.
>>
>>25990412

Why do people call Gen V's ex system perfect? Serious question, I've been re-visiting with a nuzlocke and it seems like I'm killing shit forever to get a lvl 10 up to 14 before a gym battle when I'm surrounded by level 4-7
>>
>>25990412
>>25990418
>>25990441

DIDN'T READ LOL
>>
>>25990458
Because it stops needless grinding while making it easier to get lower levels up to high levels (for intstance when you make some changes to the party at a late stage in the game). Gen VI system just goes full retard and gives you exp virtually for free.

I think it works well (might have some minor tweaks though), and the overall concept is sound. Might depend a bit on your playstyle though.
>>
>>25990412
>In addition to this, they decided to give the player a national dex before the E4. Why not simply wait for after the league? There is no real shortage of pokémon, and adding more just before the E4 cheapens the whole thing. Stick with something through the game.
Irrelevant

>Megas, the shining example of a new feature in gen VI is still barred away from the majority of the game.
You gain access to it before the half way point, not the majority.

>I couldn't understand why they had to make primal reversion as something special when for all purposes it's just a mega. There was no need for the special distinction.
Using the same reasoning why not make the distinction between the two? From a business standpoint it's a great move to hype the newest games.
Also those two have nothing to do with the actual game quality.

>The Hoenn region looks bad.
Entire chunk is personal opinion.

> This can probably be attributed to GF's laziness. I certainly won't buy SM if they don't fix that issue.
The issue is due to the opposite and laziness, they put a lot of time and effort into making high quality models but to future proof themselves.
S&M won't rectify that issue unless they're ported to the NX in the future.

>This is a character that acts as a stereotypical pokémon villain
Be honest, you didn't play DE at all did you, because she doesn't act anything at all like a stereotypical Pokemon villain but rather the more enigmatic characters like Looker and Eusine.

>In contrast to her actions, she ends up being portrayed in a positive light,
For a good reason, the technology used to create the infinity energy sapped the life force from Pokemon. In order to create a worm hole large enough to warp the asteroid away would have recreated the travesty of 3000 years ago.
Not only could they endanger life on another planet or universe but they would also kill thousands of pokemon.

Cont.
>>
Because /vp/ is infested with autistic pessimists and shitty people.
>>
>>25989292
It's a Pokémon game. No matter what these morons say, it's still hella fun.
>>
>>25990540
Agreed. For me every pokemon game makes fun as hell
>>
>>25990530
And yes it's confirmed that infinity energy is created using the energy of living pokemon rather than being an alternative from the documents in Sea Mauville. These things together certainly don't paint Devon in a good light and they have now far outstripped Rocket and Ghetsis as far as pokemon abuse goes as their company is literally built on the lives of Pokemon.

>Getting a free Lati@s is just mind-boggling, at least give us the challenge of catching it.
Eon ticket, happy?
You also have a plethora of other Pokemon to capture within the game including several legendaries.

>The game corner removal screams of laziness, give us a throwback minigame at least.
You can blame Germany for that, they can't have anything relating to the game corner or even call it the game corner without bumping up that age rating because of the previous connotations with the name.

>You have to travel back for Aron and others way too late compared to RSE for some pointless reason
Once again, irrelevant, the majority of your points are just you nitpicking even though previous games in the series have done something similar especially Black and White and HGSS.

>Removal of the Safari Zone.
Okay this is a bit of a controversial one in the sense that it's going to rile up some nostalgiafags that don't know bad mechanics when they see it,
but the Safari Zone was an anti player area that only served to frustrate through needless tedium players rather than provide enjoyable gameplay. In addition to limiting the steps the player can take as well as the entry fee (which isn't much of an issue but an odd choice given the following) the rarer pokemon have an extremely low encounter rate couple that with the low capture and high escape rate and you have a bad minigame due to the combination of luck based elements.

>inb4 but it's challenging and pokemon is already filled with luck shit
Tedium =! challenge

Cont.
>>
>>25990530
>Irrelevant
Not really, certainly not for me. Why is it done? There is no reason. Oh wait, to add in the megas they almost forgot.

>You gain access to it before the half way point, not the majority.

Most megas are still locked away by nat. dex or missing mega stone. You cannot realistically attain them in the game, and when you can the game is practically over. Bad design. Not to mention they aren't showcased at all. It's like gen II all over again.

From a business standpoint it's a great move to hype the newest games.

>From a business standpoint it's a great move to hype the newest games.

What? They have no practical effects, and everyone treats them as a mega anyways.

>Also those two have nothing to do with the actual game quality.
Then what does? If I can't say it's bad that they add in these elements for no reason, then what does?

>Entire chunk is personal opinion.

You don't say. I stand by that it looks bad. Go into a cave and tell me you disagree. Go into a battle. Go to a random route. In my opinion, it looks bad, and of course that is going to affect my opinion of the game. Are you implying I only list objective criteria? Are you retarded?

>they put a lot of time and effort into making high quality models but to future proof themselves.

This is probably the least sensible thing you could have written.

Allow me to make things clear. I don't care how much work GF has to do in future generations. That's their problem. What I care about is not having framedrops. Having these models "future-proofed" is moronic design for the player as I care for performance now, not theoretical performance in the future. Stop sucking GF cock and get some fucking standards.

(cont)
>>
>>25990530
>Be honest, you didn't play DE at all did you, because she doesn't act anything at all like a stereotypical Pokemon villain

You certainly didn't. The only thing the player should care is that her actions put the entire region at risk for the sake of saving a hypothetical people. How is Magma/Aqua less sane than that? It's just ramblings from a feral girl, and we're supposed to believe that?

The player should have acted on the original plan. Why should they not? There's no reason to not believe in it from the player pow. How can you even compare her to Eusine? Eusine didn't seek to endanger the world.
>>25990659
>Eon ticket, happy?

No. Again, this happens in the main game. It just happens because GF needs to have soaring. There is no reason to hand it out for free.

>You can blame Germany for that

I'm perfectly aware of why the slots are gone. HGSS at least had some min game to compensate. ORAS had nothing. Laziness I call it.

>Once again, irrelevant, the majority of your points are just you nitpicking even though previous games in the series have done something similar especially Black and White and HGSS.

And? There were no reason for that change except to get some plot exposition. It was annoying and I can and will complain. The originals handled it fine, but god forbid we have to have some difficulty progressing. I can nitpick other games as well.

>Tedium =! challenge

See, this is where you're wrong. Granted, having (too) low encounter rates is stupid, but it works as an alternative to regular play.

Catching regular pokémon is easy, let's not get any other ideas here. With the introduction of the Quick ball, catching the vast majority of pokémon is just tedious. You know, like the safari zone. At least in the safari zone you can't use your regular tactics and it changes things up a bit. And if there's one thing pokémon needs, it's more variation. It also makes the pokémon caught there more special in a way.
>>
>>25990659
While there are luck based elements in the vanilla portion of the game such as evasion, confusion, criticals and even the escape of roamers these are elements you as the player have control over using various means such as abilities, items and moves to assure they aren't an issue. Things that come to mind are haze, own tempo, lum berries, aura sphere etc.
In the safari zone however you have those options wrested from you and you have to rely entirely on luck.

That said what they should have done is not make it just a "route" but make it as a mix of the bug catching contest and the safari zone as well as new elements, one pokemon, no items outside of the safari balls and the escape so that you can retain the luck based elements but mistakes aren't the fault of luck but rather player folly.

>On the plus side, the general plot isn't more stupid than in the originals (hell, I'd say they're motives, while still moronic, are clearer). The music didn't leave any lasting impressions, but it can't remember it being bad. The secret bases system used both streetpass and Wi-Fi (failing at this would have been embarassing). A lot of Sea Mauville was better, although I would have preferred the sunken ship theme. I don't care for soaring, but flying to routes was nice.
A lot of this is just opinion.

>OP, you have made the error in believing that fun == good.
Both being subjective, although the latter to an extent.

>They repeated the mistake of HGSS by not adressing some of the fundamental problems of the game they remade.
The only issue they didn't really address was the variety of the routes especially the water routes. The rest were either your opinion, bad initially, or rectified.

>>25990750
You should at least wait for someone to finish before posting a reply anon.
>>
Everyone decided they hated the game months before release without even playing it simply because it didn't have the battle frontier
>>
>>25990044
He's correct on most of his points, retard, meme answering with "le bait xD" isn't even considered an argument:

>half of the new pokemon were uglier versions of pokemon from earlier gens but with better stats and movepools
Checked, a good part were ugly mons with movepools, sometimes even ridiculously or forced good movepools.
>way too many new legendaries
Checked. Basically the same ammount of legendaries of Gen 4, except some of those were / are barely viable or event locked more than Gen 4.
>literal trash pokemon, ice creams, mlp, idol Checked, hit or miss designs, out of the many bad ones a dozen or so were absolutely fantastic however.
>all the characters do stupid anime poses and interrupt your battles with annoying dialogues
Half checked, the mid battle with the leaders and relevant character battles are a standard since Gen 4, regardless it adds dramatic effects to the battle. Their encounters happening at basically every route were indeed annoying tho, he should have mentioned this instead. Thing that is probably going to be a new standard considering Kalos.
>ugly graphics
Half checked, where Gen 4 has better overworld aesthetics Gen 5 compense with building and home interior design details and makes them look more alive. The battle graphics are awful however, you can count the pixels of your Pokemon and the camera zooming with those random pieces of sprites was physically painful to witness.
>shit beep beep music
Half checked, some tracks were bad, some meh and some very good, like in every game I guess.
>unreplayable because of linear region with terribad story
Checked, linear for sure and BW hardly had a post-game, no rematches, no tutors, nothing. Just the Battle Subway and some highly relying on wifi features. BW2 added the PWT and Union Tower (does someone even knows it exist?), and a better version of the Black City and White Forest as challenging battle facilities / dungeons. The post game was some extra routes set like in every game.
>>
File: 1459996701299.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1459996701299.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>25990804
Because I wanted to make a joke and not argue? At the end of the day, if you guys don't like B/W, I can't do shit about it. You're allowed to have opinions and tastes.

I dunno, we're allowed to have fun.
>>
>>25990804
>He's correct on most of his points
He's not for these reasons

>Opinion
>balanced by the sheer amount of new regular pokemon which is only outstripped by gen 1 in that regard as for viability the majority were viable as opposed to gen 4's heatran
>Opinion, again
>this I agree with to an extent at the very least the leaders had more of a presence and character to them than previous leaders in the series
>Half opinion the pixels were slightly more noticeable than gen 4 but the overworld felt more alive than it due to various effects like the leaves flying over the player on the early routes, plus the seasons. In battles pixels are still larger but attack effects are still a large improvement over gen 4
Also it looks considerably worse if you're playing on a 3DS without setting it to the native resolution which considering the release date of the game I guarantee most people did.
>as you said opinion
>another opinion however BW did have more content over most first games in their series and BW2 have the most content of all pokemon games thus far.
Also Black and White had rematch trainers in the domes in Nimbasa, a high score mode with the battle test and Unity Tower was in Black and White.

If you're going to say something's bad without shitposting at least try and be objective as to why it's bad.
>>
>>25989292
You do realize that most of the people complaining about ORAS are people who had their expectations raised way too high and are extreme nitpickers?

And what's funnier if that even if all the common complaints were fixed, they'd still find ways to bitch and nitpick because that's just the type of people an anonymous image board attracts
>>
>>25990959
>let me teach you about objectivity and why those are just opionins...with the help...of my own opinions
?
>>
>>25990959
Nimbasa has the same 2 sets of trainers.
It really gets boring considering in some of the past games you had the vs seeker and the freedom to rematch almost every trainer with even eventual team improvements on their sides.
>>
>>25990761
>A lot of this is just opinion.

And? OP is asking why people thought ORAS were bad. I answered why I thought ORAS were badwith my opinions. How are my opinions less relevant than yours? If I think the game looks (visually) bad and I have a reason to do so, then I will post that. Feel free to disagree, but try to actually make some effort in refuting what I wrote instead of brushing it off just as opinion.

I could list two objective reasons to play Emerald over ORAS right now if you want, namely stable frame rate and battle frontier. Given the rest of the game, that's enough for me to prefer Emerald, and I'm saying that as someone who didn't really like gen III (but warming up to it at least).

>You should at least wait for someone to finish before posting a reply anon.

Given the structure of the post I don't really see the point, but I concede that it can make reading cluttered. My bad.

>>25990959
>try and be objective as to why it's bad.

Not that anon, but that's fucking retarded and you should be ashamed of yourself. Listing opinions is perfectly valid as long as those are actually somewhat detailed. That doesn't mean you have to agree though.

Not that anyone here could agree what's objective or not.
>>
>>25989361
Gen VI has a whole has been casualised to the point where there's literally no semblance of difficulty at all.
>>
>>25990669
>Not really, certainly not for me. Why is it done? There is no reason. Oh wait, to add in the megas they almost forgot.
So in other words it's just your opinion then. Irrelevant.

>Most megas are still locked away by nat. dex or missing mega stone.
Fun fact, the majority of megastones are available within the main game bar 13(?) of them, 9 of which can be obtained through trading with X and Y. So that leaves three as post game only. Hardly the majority out of 46 mega pokemon

>What? They have no practical effects, and everyone treats them as a mega anyways.
Well aside from the fact that they change the pokemon instantly which a handful of mega pokemon would benefit from due to speed increases and prankster not being taken into account on the turn of mega evolution. That said Groudon and Kyogre don't get speed boosts
In any case are you really trying to say that advertising them as a new feature isn't a great move to hype the newest games?
What they ended up being was totally irrelevant before release.

> If I can't say it's bad that they add in these elements for no reason, then what does?
Well for what reason shouldn't they have added in those elements?
If you can't even give a reason as to why they shouldn't have then why should it be a reason the game is bad?

>You don't say. I stand by that it looks bad.
Then it has no place in this argument
>Are you implying I only list objective criteria? Are you retarded?
see above

>Stop sucking GF cock and get some fucking standards.
Who said I was sucking their cock?
I said that it was both in part to making something of quality and laziness at the same time.
There's no doubt that the models are of high quality but they made them like that to be reused, in other words doing the hard work all at once so they don't have to do it again and again. Get it? It's both at the same time, hard work so they can be lazy in the future with a dash of ignorance regarding the system's limits.

Cont.
>>
>>25990172
Well, no, because that same argument can be used in reverse. ORAS (and Gen 6 in general) has a lot of style over substance compared to Emerald.

And like I said, some things are definitely worse, like framerate, and only having a battle tower compared to the frontier.

Yes, there's objectively better things in ORAS, but also objectively better things in Emerald, and so neither one can be 100% better from an objective standpoint, like say, HGSS which do improve on GSC in absolutely every way
>>
>>25990404
b-bait?
>>
>>25989292
because you stupidly fell for trolling
>>
>>25991192
>The only thing the player should care is that her actions put the entire region at risk for the sake of saving a hypothetical people.
But it's not hypothetical is it? Well, the people are but there are actual pokemon in danger because infinity energy is the life force of pokemon.
>"The development on new energy turned out to be true. The energy that uses Pokémon's bioenergy is called Infinity Energy."
This is from the combined Sea Mauville documents.
Which also implies that Wattson has morals unlike Devon but that's aside the point.
Anyway, while the other universe is hypothetical the fact that there would be something in harms way if that plan was put into action is a certainty.
In fact Zinnia first uses the Pokemon as the reason to berate them rather than the alternate universe.
>"About just what kinda energy you're using to fuel this rocket thing... The abominable technology humanity first thought up 3,000 years ago... So you're once again planning to claim that this is best for humanity, or best for the whole darn world... It's a snap of your fingers to repeat the sins of the past. Worse, if what I overheard is true... This time, you're about to commit an error more abominable than before!"
The other Hoenn was just the icing on the cake.

>The player should have acted on the original plan. Why should they not?
See above

>How can you even compare her to Eusine?
Because they both have the same role, a mysterious character that advances a plot.

>It just happens because GF needs to have soaring. There is no reason to hand it out for free.
So, one of the advertised mechanics isn't a reason to do that? As for the Eon Ticket, that's your opportunity to capture the Lati as intended.

>HGSS at least had some min game to compensate.
Only because the Japanese version had slots within them and they had to create something to replace it. It's a wonder that passed especially when the Gen 6 games are now 7+ games as opposed to the 3+ of the older games.

Cont.
>>
>>25991306
>but god forbid we have to have some difficulty progressing
Where exactly is this difficulty? It's slightly tedious but it's not difficult.

>but it works as an alternative to regular play.
Not really?
Contests were a great alternative to regular play because it was not only skill based but had some depth to it getting back to the point most of my concerns of the safari zone are here >>25990761

> How are my opinions less relevant than yours?
They aren't but they certainly aren't reasons why the game is bad because they're just your opinions they're neither right nor wrong.

>but try to actually make some effort in refuting what I wrote instead of brushing it off just as opinion.
Refute your opinions? That's moronic. That said I've been refuting the objective parts of your post, for example DE and Zinnia as well as the Safari zone.

> Given the rest of the game, that's enough for me to prefer Emerald, and I'm saying that as someone who didn't really like gen III (but warming up to it at least).
Fair enough, but if you're going to say something's bad or lazy leave the opinions at home.
>>
>>25990659 >>25990669 >>25990750 >>25990761 >>25990804 >>25990959 >>25991127 >>25991192 >>25991306 >>25991426
Reminder that you could do something productive.
>>
>>25991439
If I wanted to do something productive I would be at work.

This is my time to do what I want.
>>
>>25990013
Whos mlp
>>
File: 355px-Lucy_CBF[1].png (148 KB, 355x599) Image search: [Google]
355px-Lucy_CBF[1].png
148 KB, 355x599
BUST QUEEN LUCY
>>
>>25990441
>error in believing that fun == good
But this is not an error. That is the main purpose of games.
>>
File: 1454979061486.gif (88 KB, 123x154) Image search: [Google]
1454979061486.gif
88 KB, 123x154
>there are people in this thread who actually thought ORAS was good

Enjoy your shitty Pokemon game that a 4 year old could beat while blindfolded. There are countless reasons why this game sucked glorious anus, but I'm sure the arguments in this thread are pointing them all out sufficiently.
>>
>Replies near 100

the fuck is happening in here
>>
>>25993424
Everything
>>
File: Machamp Nice.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Machamp Nice.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25993405
Now that's exaggerating much, sure they were easy and are basically easy as fuck with next to no effort needed but to say a 4 year could is bullshit, also they're not bad games, sure by Pokemon's standard they're meh but in general they're above average by quite a bit. Basically while ORAS were meh Pokemon games they were still good albeit not in the upper ranks.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.