[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open world Pokémon game!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
Hey guys, as a fan of the Pokémon series I always wondered: What's keeping Nintendo from making a game, that has a beautiful open world, free roaming pokémon everywhere, NPCs, towns, mountains, PokéGyms along with leagues you could enter. You know, all the great stuff we saw in the previous games.

The only con I see is them having to release a new console that actually can compete against XBONE and PS4 or release it on PC. I am pretty sure all the aspects of turn combat could be either reworked or made the same as it is now. I am 100% all the fans would buy the game and if they made it a a launch title for the new console it would be a massive hit. If they actually give it decent look (not like the rest of their games) it will be gorgeous. What do you guys think?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 498x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 498x306
>>
>>
>>25909939
There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn’t he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a little girl as you once again post your little Groudon meme in a leak thread and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha. Maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a 4chan pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The “epic” Groudon meme, isn’t it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it’s ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that’s right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on 4chan posting about a fucking children's game monster. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic child's game playing NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep every night thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even try to talk with you because all you say is “WOW! IT'S FUCKING NOTHING!” You’ve become a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now. And that’s all you’ll ever be...
>>
>>25909922

Sticking the words "open world" on something doesn't automatically make it better. Taking a game from one genre to another means a complete rework of core mechanics, y'know, the reasons people are playing this particular series in the first place.

Yeah, it could be done. You wouldn't be happy with it though because it's not "my favourite open world game with Pokemon"

Do people forget making games takes a lot of work and time, with many risks? I love how the "only con" you see involves them creating an entirely new system. Which is not only false, but completely disregards Pokemon's game design and existing assets.
>>
>>25909922
You should go post this idea to reddit, I'm sure they'll love it
>>
A serious, mainline Pokemon game will never be on consoles.
>>
>>25909922
You all think you have great ideas for Pokemon games, but if I actually listened to all of you and we combined all of your ideas into a game, it would be an unplayable monstrous game. You want a game with all the regions, but only the first generation Pokemons, yet all the legendary ones and such silly things. Whenever I receive one of these rants, I go to the development floor and read it out loud to all the Game Freak employees in a mocking voice, and we all laugh at you.
>>
>>25909922
Pokemon is a handheld game. That's all you need to know. If you question why, it's so the trading mechanic works. But we have the Internet now, you say. Gamefreak wants you to do it in person.
>>
>>25910421
>Do teenagers forget making games takes a lot of work and time, with many risks?
ftfy

also to add an answer. yes they do.
>>
>>25910484
>combined all of your ideas
thats not how you do it when listening to a large group though. you went straight into exaggeration.
>>
>>25910667
>not knowing this is a quote from GF
>>
>>25910692
>not proving it
its like you really are GF
>>
>>25910692
>not knowing it's actually fake and copypasta
>>
>>25910692

It's not a real quote.
>>
File: 1457625871114.jpg (66 KB, 500x652) Image search: [Google]
1457625871114.jpg
66 KB, 500x652
>>25910702
>>25910713
>>25910724

here's proof guys
>>
>>25910740
An image is not proof. I could've made this and it'd make no difference.
>>
>>25909939
>I don't have anything intelligent to say, so here's the same image macro in every. fucking. thread.
>>
File: 1442328340863.jpg (21 KB, 480x385) Image search: [Google]
1442328340863.jpg
21 KB, 480x385
>>25910755
Except, Satoshi actually said that.
And you call yourself a Pokemon fan.
Back to >>>/v/ with you
>>
>>25910755

You're wrong it's real
>>
>>25910775
>>25910783
Then where was the original quote?
>>
>>25910755
retard
>>
File: ;;;;;;;;;;.png (26 KB, 537x254) Image search: [Google]
;;;;;;;;;;.png
26 KB, 537x254
>>25910803

bruh
>>
>>25910803
retard
>>
>>25910803
retard
>>
>>25909922
A pokemon MMO is a shit idea

You literally have to be underaged or a complete retard not to see the reasons why it wouldn't work
>>
You know, you only have yourself to blame for the rampant idiocy.
>>
how many of you have done the battle pet taming in WoW? did you like it?

i had a fair amount of fun collecting them and doing npc fights.
>>
>>25910941
>WoW

Well, I can't say much since you really do like running around in circles for all eternity.
>>
>>25910973
>you really do like running around in circles for all eternity.
i havent bred any pokemon in game since black version actually.

oh, where you implying that WoW was nothing but running in circles? as opposed to pokemon?
>>
>>25911004
No, I was making an analogy. I know they're both running around in circles.
>>
>>25910484
Have I said anything about the regions or the pokémon involved? I don't think so.

>>25910421
>>25910649
I know they do. But it's about time for Nintendo to actually fucking do something else than watching their flagship console slowly die or copyright striking youtubers. Also, I am only discussing the idea of such a game. I never said anyting about stupid rules and whatnot.

>>25910866
Where exactly did I mention an MMO?

>>25910941
I did all of it and I loved it.
>>
>>25909922
>oshawoot
>>
>>25911055
A bit of a bad reply there, doesn'ť matter, you'll understand my point.
>>
>>25910421
And another reply since I am a bit pissed. Nintendo is doing nothing but feeding us recycled Pokémon games with a few new things. I get the game was made for handhelds but it is time for a fucking change.

>Do people forget making games takes a lot of work and time, with many risks?
They are a multibillion company that has done nothing new the past 20 years. They are just simply recycling their old games. So I think there is NO problem whatsoever to assign people to do this. They are incredibly intelligent people and I am sure they will think of something. I am 100% sure the game would not be at a loss since everyone would buy it because it's Nintendo and Pokémon.
>>
>>25911127
You're supposed to go out and trade with friends. YOU'RE the one that doesn't understand.
>>
>>25911199
I don't give two shits about trading with friends you know? (Unless that was some reference I didn't catch). I just want an immersive world of pokémon I can roam around freely in.
>>
>>25911240
Pokemon is about battling and trading, you still don't understand.
>>
>>25911127
>nothing new
Spot the retard.
>>
>>25911307
I don't count Splitoon.
>>
>>25911326
>implying it's only Splatoon
Spot the retard.
>>
>>25911351
List the things you think are new to counter my argument.
>>
Why change what works? Because YOU disagree with it? Do I need to tell you what that means? You should be able to figure it out.
>>
>>25911361
Xenoblade
Splatoon
Codename Steam
Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Dillon's Rolling West
Pushmo
Steel Diver
Wonderful 101
Fossil Fighters
Disaster Day of Crisis
Reginliev
Nintendoland
Wii Fit
Wii Sports
those 2 games with the jewish rabbit and dog on 3DS
lots of shovelware
many more that I haven't named off the top of my head

And the numerous changes to existing series. Smash is quite different between each game as they have new engines and altered physics in each one, plus many new or unique modes. Barring the NSMB games and sports ones, all Mario games play quite differently. Likewise for Zelda, and many other games. Even Pokemon has evovled.

The only thing holding nintendo back now is bad localization.
>>
They don't do it because they know that if they put out the same game every few years with a few updates they'll sell millions of copies. Japs aren't good at innovation, everything they do is super derivative.
>>
More importantly, why didnt they create Pokemon Snap 2 for Wii U with the game pad acting as the camera? Ludicrous
>>
>>25911542
Okay, let me change one word. new --> Innovative
>>
>>25909922
No thanks. The 3D models are bad enough. The frame rate would be atrocious with following pokémon in 3D and open world enemies.
>>
>>25911659
>moving the goalposts
Pushmo, Wii Fit, Endless Ocean, and Dillon arguably did that anyways.
>>
>>25910740

Gen wiennies+legendaries only, now that's what I call cancer.

Y'all know what a good idea for a pokemon game would be if it ever aimed for bhlky 3d platforms? Adaptative combat with advanced good a.i

You would givecommands to pokemon, and they would act on them, not just sprite animations. A pokemon well trained and adjusted to it's master strategies would act very different from one who was just captured.

Kinda like dragons dogma, but because it would be in turns and instanced (so you would still have random encounter fading the screen) it would be much more easy to do and with real depth. Plus, you could have proceeduraly generated scenarios for every fight.

Game freak hire pls I don't even ask for payment.
>>
>>25911603

You could say that for the whole industry with your yearly ass creeds, cawadoody and fifa 20173838. Pokemon is fine.
>>
>I can't recognize when a genre is not for me, so I have to turn it into the genre I like because I'm too stupid to go play games in that genre rather than this one.
>>
File: z6fe8g8.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
z6fe8g8.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
>>25909922
Pokemon is already an open world
What you mean is a real 3D mainline game on a true console rather than handheld garbage

They really have the means do that, Pokkén's graphics and environments proves it
The reason it will never happen is because they want to keep selling their shitty handhelds
And even making it just once would be too good to ever go back to handhelds afterward, thus effectively killing them
>>
It already exists in world of warcraft
>>
File: tellurtown.jpg (95 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
tellurtown.jpg
95 KB, 800x450
>>25911888
It's not about genre, faglord
It's about platform
A Pokemon mainline game on Wii zelda style with Pokkén-tier overworld would still be the same genre (JRPG)
>>
>>25911977
What exactly do you mean by "zelda style"
>>
>>25909922
>What's keeping Nintendo from making a game, that has a beautiful open world, free roaming pokémon everywhere, NPCs, towns, mountains, PokéGyms along with leagues you could enter. You know, all the great stuff we saw in the previous games
Because Game Freak makes the games, for starters.
>>
>>25911935

If pokemon go gets too big the only way to salvage the main series would be a proper console launch. You average phone is already stronger than a 3ds and Pokemon controlls are perfect for them.

The type moon card game gets one million dollars a day, just imagine how much pokemon could get.
>>
>>25911240
>I just want an immersive world of pokémon I can roam around freely in.
and... you have it? you can do that? right now?

pokemon is already open-world, you roam the world manuallly to play, catch pokemon, etc. the world isn't connected by gates, portals, etc, it flows together naturally. how is it not open-world?
>>
>>25912020
You can't go everywhere at any time. Dumbass.
>>
>>25912029
nor can you in an open-world game, there are ALWAYS boundaries. is wow somehow not open-world either because you have a fatigue metre if you start to go too far where you're not supposed to go?
>>
File: ba105a6e91c935b5235565e84bd2774d.jpg (371 KB, 1432x1152) Image search: [Google]
ba105a6e91c935b5235565e84bd2774d.jpg
371 KB, 1432x1152
>>25911935
>>25911977
Pokken was a pretty game, I hope bamco makes more pokemon games.

>>25912011
>The type moon card game
That grand order thing?
>>
>>25912049
Do I have to bring out the picture of the people dancing for no reason? Open world games don't do that.
>>
>>25912110
well, in wow for example, you needed keys (sometimes from halfway across the world for certain ones) to get into certain dungeons, and couldn't enter without one. or does that not count?
>>
File: oldferrumtown.jpg (75 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
oldferrumtown.jpg
75 KB, 800x450
>>25911991
Well, like how Zelda passed from ALTTP and Link's Awakening to OOT, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword...etc
Aka trashing the handheld garbage to go for a real 3D environment on console, but keeping the gameplay and universe intact

We'd still go on joutney for bagdes, wander from a city to another, and even have turn based battles, but we'd do so in a pretty 3D environment like Pokkén's one instead of handheld limited garbage overworld
>>
>>25912144
So you're going to tell me that the "main" quest line is unnecessary? Well, since we're going to bring the past into this, there was once a time that pokemon had no other options other than to "be the best". In fact, I don't think X/Y had any alternate things you could do, either.
>>
>>25912240
no, simply that not everything can simply be wandered into.
>>
>>25912257
Well, I won't call it open world until I'm not forced into a frivolous venture that has no meaning.
>>
This thread is quite retarded, especially OP
>>
>>25912525
thanks
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.