[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Syzygy + Midgard = Zygarde Syzygy being a straight-line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
File: Z (2).png (407 KB, 1024x866) Image search: [Google]
Z (2).png
407 KB, 1024x866
So Syzygy + Midgard = Zygarde

Syzygy being a straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies in a gravitational system (Sun, Moon, Earth)
Midgard being obviously from Norse mythology.

Is he right and Zygarde is part of the Sun and Moon trio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wJPVw355WE
>>
File: Whyquaza.png (420 KB, 401x555) Image search: [Google]
Whyquaza.png
420 KB, 401x555
>>25870843
>DA watermark AND an obnoxious signature
>>
I don't think for a moment he's the Sun or Moon Legendary. But! I believe he is the Lugia of Kalos and new gen region. For instance, Lugia (and Ho-oh) does not reside in Kanto, yet Lugia is the protector of all the legendary birds and ocean. To be honest, I think Zygarde will have a roll in S&M, but IF he was to get his own game. It would be called Z. Just because they have a trademarkes Z logo.

He has the basic colorations of Xerneas, Yvetal, Sun legendary, Moon Legendary, and...what's this a fifth color? White? Could he also point to a new 3rd legendary? So wait...if Zygarde keeps the sun, moon, life, death, and mystery 5th element in check. Maybe that is why they are waiting till after Sun and Moon to make Pokemon Z! That way they can introduce the rest of the Legendaries and bring it full circle.

Just a thought...speculation is fun. I'll keep this head canon till I'm proven wrong. :P
>>
OBELISK, THE TORMENTOR
>>
File: 1424078631219.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1424078631219.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>inb4 quadruple fusion
>>
>>25870843
I hope so much this is true.
Zygarde game would be so good if this is true.
>>
>>25870843
Zygarde being named after Midgard makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
>>
>>25871018
The fifth element... Good movie anon. XD But really, that fifth one is the earth. It all comes together in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Don't worry anon. You'll figure it out eventually.
>>
>>25871018
You don't belong here
>>
>>25872442
This is true. Also if S/M legendarys are based around egyptian mythology then zygarde 10% woud fit perfectly as Anubis, God with a head of a dog. It represents death ( yveltal ) and rebirth ( xereas ).
>>
Yes. Zygarde represents the Earth while the Sun/Moon legendaries will represent the Sun/Moon. That's why he's part Ground type.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 600x375
>>25872442
>ZyGARDe
>MidGARD
>>
>>25872513

>ZYGarde
>ZYGote
>Zygarde protects the order of life
>>
>>25871018
White represents Zygarde itself. It already has a bunch of other white hexagons on its body.
>>
>>25872513
Of course I know that idiot. The thing is that nothing about Zygarde's inspiration has anything to do with Midgard.
It's far more likely that it's from garde, French for guard.
>>
>>25872547
The whole XY trio is based on Norse mythology, Zygarde represents the snake at the roots of Yggdrasil, also known as Midgard.
>>
>>25870843
>Mega Mawile
>>
>>25872626
Midgard and Yggdrasil are not synonyms, moron.
Midgard is that specific part that humans inhabit, and has nothing to do with Nídhoggr.
>>
>>25872626
>>25872666
Zygarde is Jormungandr (I.e. The Midgard Serpent), not Nidhoggr
>>
>>25872706
It has more in common with Nidhoggr. The XYZ trio has far stronger similarities to the creatures inhabiting Yggdrasil than the awful idea about Zygarde being based on Loki's children.
>>
>>25872531
Its a portmanteau of Zygote and Midgarde, obviously.
>>
File: 1458538085575.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458538085575.jpg
78 KB, 1920x1080
>>25870869
Because hard work and do not steal, Anon.

You gotta respect that!
>>
>>25872706
news flash: pokemon can be inspired by more than one thing
>>
>>25872725
news flash: pokemon can be inspired by more than one thing
>>
>>25872864
Thing is it has nothing in common with Jormingandr. An aquatic doomsday ouroborus.
>>
>>25871052
Then the fake Smogon leak 900 base stats Perfect Zygarde wont be far off.
>>
Its a really good theory, but I doubt it will pan out
>>
But will Sun and Moon have Ragnarök?
>>
>>25872626
WE WUZ VIKINGZ
>>
So it is gen 6.5 after all.
>>
>>25873918
probably.

I think what they're doing with these games is going with an approach similar to BW2 but letting them also stand alone as their own set of games by adding some new pokemon and a region. Probably more ambitious because of the anniversary.
>>
>>25873918
Just like Gold and Silver are 1.5, right? This meme is old now.

New region + new pokemon(w/ new starters) = New Gen

It doesn't have to be the same Gen to be a sequel. 6.5 was only plausible early on when we thought we'd get Kalos again, but with some added Pokemon.
>>
Where did the /vp/ cringe thread go?
I was taking a shit whilst reading it, and I rushed to my PC cuz I burst out laughing, allowing me to finish my constipated shit. Now it 404'd.

Why mods.
>>
>>25874476
>Just like Gold and Silver are 1.5, right? This meme is old now.

Because Gold and Silver had battle compatibility with Gen 1 right? This meme is old now.
>>
>>25874528
No one said SM will be battle compatible with XY/ORAS either. Even if it is, so what? GSC was trade compatible with RGBY, so direct cross Gen connectivity isn't a deciding factor of a generation
>>
>>25870843
Missed the shape of the chest being more like a head. 50% Zygarde's head
>>
>>25874559
>No one said SM will be battle compatible with XY/ORAS either.
No one said SM won't be battle compatible with XY/ORAS either.

> Even if it is, so what? GSC was trade compatible with RGBY
Battling isn't the same as trading. Battling implies all of the related mechanics are the same. Which is a sign of a same gen. That's why gens can transfer from one another but they can never battle.
>>
>>25872626
>Norse mythology
That makes no sense. Why can't it based on Frankish mythology? We have a serpent which gnaws at the roots of, a eagle who stands guard atop, and four stags who protect a huge sacred oak tree as wel.

The Frankish invasion of Gaul left a far bigger mark than the Normans.
>>
>>25874488
Blame Blue Man for that.
>>
>>25870843
No, this zygarde form is supposed to be the tree from norse mytholpgy.
>>
>>25874488
Anything relating to Blue Man is deleted
>>
>>25874585
GSC is basically the same engine as RGBY. And Pokemon have the same basic structure, hence trading. They're almost practically the same, but does that make it the same Gen?

The reasonings at this point are totally grasping and denial. 6.5 has long been proven it will not be a thing, as noted in the previously stated criteria
>>
>>25874695
Okay, I'm not a gen 6.5 fag but you have literally ignored everything in his post regarding the mechanics and just went
>hurr dey de same!

Jesus christ, it's plain as day that it's gen 7 but the only one grasping here is you and what makes it absolutely hilarious is that you have no reason to do so.
>>
>>25874695
>but does that make it the same Gen?

If it could battle and had the exact same graphics it would.
>>
>>25874695
"6.5" has been proven to be ridiculous in terms of itself as a term and label, the exact same way feminism has. S/M being gen 6 has not been proven wrong as of yet.
>>
In B4 Sun and moon legendaries are just mega Xernias and mega Yveltal it would make sence with the sun being the giver of life and the moon or darkness being associated with death or sleep.
>>
>>25872899
didn't the Zygarde from Tretta had 500+ HP or something like that?
>>
>>25874723
How? The transferring aspect? Self explanatory.

Gen 2 caught mons can be sent to Gen 1 if they exist in the game, while other Gens are a one way trip. One way trips make since if there is a conversion process, but sometimes there is no reason why we couldn't send a mon backwards, eg from to Gen 4 from 5.
>>
File: Perfect Zygarde Tretta.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Zygarde Tretta.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>25874781
550, it has the most stats of any Tretta chip. Not sure if that means anything for the main game stats.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 720x439
>>25874756
May CoroCoro can't come soon enough.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.