[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLACK/WHITE (also BW2) were the worst games in the series. Prove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
BLACK/WHITE (also BW2) were the worst games in the series. Prove me wrong.
>>
No, Red and Blue were.
>>
nah, that would be RSE
>>
That's not ORAS

you know what B/W was? refreshing. It was something new. First region based on something outside of Japan, first region since Kanto to have ONLY new Pokemon. No Zubat/Abra/Machop/Geodude/Magikarp shit. And it at least TRIED at a unique antagonist story, and the end of the game with catching the legendary and facing down the boss of Team Plasma rather than the champion was cool. Just new stuff. It was a fun experience playing it for the first time. Not everyone may have liked it, but at least it was something different.

BW2 to some degree as well. Instead of doing a shitty third "Grey" version to screw over everyone who bought B/W they did sequels to augment the story instead. On top of that there's a bunch of interesting post-game stuff. The black/white dungeon was actually decently challenging.

ORAS is the opposite of that. Just rehashed shit with not enough replayable content to make up for it.
>>
>>24600262

That would be Gold and Silver.

>Horrendous level curve
>Wild Pokemon and trainers in Kanto are underleveled as fuck
>Can't find Johto Pokemon in Johto
>Morty doesn't use a Misdreavus
>No postgame
>>
>>24600266
>>24600269

You are both utterly wrong! ;)
>>
>>24600289
>horrendous level curve
>Wild Pokemon and trainers in Kanto are underleveled as fuck
True but it's an issue that's oftentimes exaggerated.
>Can't find Johto Pokemon in Johto
Because Game Freak had to be cautious as to not kill the legacy of Red and Green so abruptly after its tremendous success.
>Morty doesn't use a Misdreavus
...and?
>No postgame
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>24600288
I liked B/W, indeed Gen V is my favorite Gen, but I don't like that of 156 Pokemon and its formes, only like 10 of no legendaries are actually viable.
>>
>>24600269
this is truth
>>
That's your opinion and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy them.
>>
>>24600262
>better story then all main series games.
>pushed limits to the DS to the max
>amazing sprites
>the best pokemon roster
>got rid of the final aged mechanic, tm's being only able to be used once
>even if you don't think they are the best games of the franchise, leagues better then gen 6, gen 2, and gen 1. gen 6 was awful, gen 1 and 2 are old.
>>
>>24600288
So, every games except gen 5 is shit?
>>
Gold & Silver
RSE
ORAS
BW2
None as good as BW
>>
>>24600262
i can't
>>
>>24600362
All Pokémon games are shit, anon.
>>
>>24600362
no

gen 1 = something new
gen 2 = something new, built on top of gen 1's story, let me visit gen 1 areas
RS = something new
FRLG = good post-game areas, which ORAS doesn't even have
E = had battle frontier for tons of replayability
DP = something new
Platinum = I don't care for this as much but it's still better than ORAS
HGSS = everything HGSS should have been
XY = something new
ORAS = rehashed shit that couldn't even keep in one of the best features from the region
>>
>>24600262
That's harsh man.
They tried something new, had best sprite graphics possible, and at least something one would call a story.

I think D/P/Pt, X/Y or OR/AS deserves this title more, desu I can't think of worse games.
>>
>>24600262
Gen5 fags once again false flagging themselves in order to bitch about the genwunner boogie man.
Not everyone who hates gen5 are genwunners. The exp system and story were absolute trash. Don't say it was harder, either. It was just t-wave: the playthrough.
>>
>>24600262
Diamond and pearl were completely forgettable.
The only decent thing they implemented was physical/special split.
>>
>>24600289
senpai the postgame is literally kanto
>>
>>24600464

Kanto is not postgame. It's the second half of the game.

Put together, Johto and Kanto are still smaller than any of the later regions.
>>
>>24600262
I was just playing white for the first time and last week all my savestates got corrupted. Where can I download a save that has all 8 badges but hasn't touch the E4 yet? All I can find are completed games and I just want to finish the rest of the story for myself.
>>
>>24600262
That's not a Gen 2 game or Gen 2 remakes.
>>
>>24600831
Please respond.
>>
>>24600262
XY and ORAS exist
and gen 3
>>
>>24600262
HG/SS is worst gen.

>enter area
>wild pokemon at level 10
>local trainers have pokemon ranged level 8-12
>gym trainers at around 10-12
>gym leader has level 18-20 rape machine

I wasn't even aware that pokemon could be unbalanced or tedious until I tried HG.
>>
>>24601104
This has to be bait
>>
File: 1415745490430.png (748 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1415745490430.png
748 KB, 1300x1300
>>24601104
>waaah I'm not overleveled and can't steamroll everything like I can in gen 6
>>
>>24601177
are you seriously defending grinding?
>>
>>24600288
>No Zubat/Abra/Machop/Geodude/Magikarp shit.

What's really amazing is that so many people hated this.
>>
>>24600300
Misdreavus was the only new Ghost-type. 4 Ghost-types out of 251 Pokemon.
>>
>>24601104

>wahh the game is too hard for me!!

I thought Pokemon games were easy?
>>
File: 1435182305658.jpg (29 KB, 485x364) Image search: [Google]
1435182305658.jpg
29 KB, 485x364
It's your opinion. I doubt I could change it; why even bother?
>>
>>24601668
tedious=/=difficult

I'd rather not spend ridiculous amounts of time grinding.
>>
Which Pokemon game is the most challenging?
>>
>>24600262
Your opinion makes you sound like an autistic downy who was dropped on his head as a baby and kicked by a horse as a child. Let me guess, you love Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?
>>
>>24601714
the only bullshit battle in the entire game is lance with his 3 dragonites. If you git gud you can just get a lapras and ice beam their asses
>>
That'd be D/P and R/S. Emerald and Platinum took almost everything that was wrong with those games and fixed it. HG/SS did the same for Gen II but that added a lot of new features still relevant today so I knock it too much.
>>
I challenge anyone here to go back and play a DS copy of D/P and come back and tell me that they aren't the worst games in the franchise.
>>
>>24600571
>Kanto is not postgame. It's the second half of the game.
No.
It's the post game, you've finished the main game and become the champion. That's it for the main story. Everything after is postgame.

Not that it helps either way because the Johto games are mediocre either way. HGSS only stands out just above GSC because it has the updated mechanics aside from that its the same shitty rehashed game with the exact same flaws. At the very least the other remakes tried to fix the bigger flaws HGSS just covered it up with shit like following pokemon.
>>
>>24601668
There's a difference between nonexistent progression and difficulty.
>>
>>24603631
>HG/SS did the same for Gen II but that added a lot of new features still relevant today so I knock it too much.
Wait what?
HGSS didn't add any new or relevant features.
>>
I don't see how anyone can play through BW2 and find them the worst in the series. The only possible reason I can think of is that they didn't like BW and decided that BW2 was exactly the same. Which they obviously aren't.

I mean, it has the perfect level curve, a great regional dex that isn't too bloated (Kalos), has the best postgame, good music. It has a decent region with low dependencies on HMs. I mean, if Platinum didn't exist, BW2 would be the best games off all.

There are a number of uneeded interruptions and blocked off areas though, I'll give you that, but I don't think they matter too much when you look at the positives. Challenge mode was terribly implemented, but it makes for some pumped up battles in the post-game. Taking on Cynthia with a team straight out of E4 and winning was satisfying.

>>24601714
Judging from the inital post, the poster is talking about Whitney or maybe Bugsy. If it's Whitney and you're even remotely suggesting that you need to grind, then you're fucking retarded.

>>24603631
HGSS did not fix gen II flaws. They are very visible in the game. Gen II added the neat stuff, that's why it was good, not because of the terrible pacing and weak region.
>>
>>24600262
It's an opinion. No one can prove you wrong.

Still a shit tier opinion, though.
>>
>>24603736

I'm playing through white 2 for the first time and so far my only complaints are that the music is not as good and can't play as Hilda.
>>
>>24601186
>needing to grind

this is your problem
>>
>>24604125
Yes that's exactly the problem, you won't be at an adequate level to face of Gym Leaders/E4 if you only battle trainers.
>>
I complained about B/W, but found 2 to be fine.
>>
>>24600262

>What were Gold and Silver?
>>
File: 1446743702666.gif (529 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446743702666.gif
529 KB, 625x626
>>24600262
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 454x453
>>24600431
>best sprite graphics possible
>>
>>24604195
>struggling with gum leaders
GET GOOD
E
T

G
O
O
D
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 800x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 800x850
>>24604258
>he cant prove em wrong
>>
>>24600288
This. Gen V is the best only because it made me feel a sense of adventuring into the unknown.

Gen VI threw it all away by pandering in excess. For fucks sake, if it wasn't because of the starter you could make the same team in the first routes of XY as in RBY
>>
>>24600431
>had best sprite graphics possible
How?
>>
>>24604751
>Gen V is the best only because it made me feel a sense of adventuring into the unknown.

K buddy, time for school.
>>
>>24600262
Well, it's your opinion.

Even if it's a particularly bad one.
>>
>>24604767
of course you would think like that, it was your first game underaged kid
still busy evolving your luvdisc to alomomola?
>>
File: 1419191950594.jpg (36 KB, 820x95) Image search: [Google]
1419191950594.jpg
36 KB, 820x95
>>24604767
buttscab please leave this place
>>
>>24604719
>beating gym leaders is hard when you're underleveled

wew lad who would've thought.
>>
>>24604780
y are u callin him buttscap? did I missed sumfin?
>>
>>24601124
>>24601177
>>24601668
I'd agree with you people if it wasn't for the fact that it's really annoying to add new Pokemon to a team after the 4th gym. Lake of Rage for example, you'd visit it when you have Pokemon around level 30, so that Red Gyarados doesn't murder you. But then the wild Pokemon there are at most level 19, so I hope you've got patience if you wanna add a girafarig to your main roster cause its gonna take a long while for it to catch up.
>>
>>24604823
the fuck?
just look at the tripcode senpai
>>
>>24604836
Tall grass only on the route just before lake of Rage, but yeah, my point should still stand, you shouldn't be facing level 15 shitters in the routes surrounding the 7th gym leader.
>>
>>24600262
>Physical/Special split
>reusable TMs
>actual focus on the new region and its Pokemon
Gen II is, was, and ever shall be the worst Pokemon games for a wide variety of reasons.
>>24601895
X and Y with no exp share, O-powers, or grinding spot abuse, at least in my opinion. Kalos has a harsh level curve and deceptively good NPCs if given a turn to act. Of course, if you do use all the tools that Gen VI gives you then X and Y are also the easiest games in the series.
>>
>>24604838
Yeah it says Brett

How did he gained nickname buttscap?
>>
>>24604903
>physical/special split
not sure if b8
>>
>>24604932
It was more about having those things than introducing them, sorry. Should've been clearer.
Any game where Machamp's Fire Punch is stronger than Alakazam's would need to be spectacularly terrible otherwise to compete for worst in the series.
>>
>>24604911
good b8
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.