[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dexnav chains really works?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Dexnav chains works? Best shiny hunt method for OR/AZ? I really liked Poke-radar...
>>
I got up to almost 200 pikachu and didn't encounter any shinies, maybe I just had bad luck? Everyone seems to swear Dexnav chains work though
>>
It works, but the odds remain very limitated. Used in pair with a shiny charm, tho, it increases significantly the chances of finding a shiny.
Pack your shit, anon, and catch'em all.
>>
File: Fuck you.jpg (64 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you.jpg
64 KB, 500x301
>The data shows that chain length DOES NOT matter -- it's a misnomer to call this "chaining" at all.
>The data shows that search level DOES NOT matter, either.
>The only thing that matters is using DexNav search in the first place, because it increases your shiny chance in general (the same way the Friend Safari does in XY).

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2o6we0/data_analysis_on_dexnav_chaining_and_shiny_pokemon/

Is this true? Where is dataminers to confirm this shit?
>mfw no chain method in Pokemon OR/AZ
>>
>>24592334
It's true. DexNav "chaining" was debunked months ago.
>>
>>24592361
what? then all we need to do is just use dexnav? No chains needed? Why Gamefreak?
>>
>>24592370
I guess it's just so you can run into the Pokémon you want and not some random one that you don't care is shiny or not.
>>
>>24592370
Yes dexnav seems to make it about 1/512. After shiny charm, who even knows.
>>
>>24592396

I don't think the shiny charm is applied to the DexNav.

If it was, the odds of finding a shiny would be 1/128, which would be incredibly broken and make them almost worthless.
>>
>>24592248
Yes I think it does work.
I got a shiny Skarmory out of this. Although...

It was my first time in that route.
As soon as I entered the route a Skarmory nav appeared.
I did not encounter Sandshrew or Spinda at that point.
I found the shiny Skarmory after 10~ nav attempts.

I was not even looking for a shiny. I just wanted a good Skarmory for ingame because autism.
>>
>>24592483
We know dexnav works. The question is, chain pokemon matters? Chain pokemon with dexnav increases the shiny chance?
>>
>>24592469
>which would be incredibly broken and make them almost worthless.
Earth to anon. They're already worthless.
>>
>>24592506
Last I heard, a shiny is typically found at around 60-80 chains and breaking the chain makes it take forever, probably fairly close to the base rate. So I would guess Shiny Charm stacks, it has a Friend-Safari shiny rate AND Chaining raises it further.
>>
question: if i am chaining, and the dexnax picks up a different pokemon, but i chase them away, has the chain broken?
>>
>>24593080
No, i think. Just keep chaining. It's okay.
>>
Chaining does not matter. The odds of finding a shiny remain constant. The only benefit to chaining is that it makes finding and encountering the same Pokemon easier. I still chain sometimes even though it doesn't raise shiny odds just so I don't have to keep trying the search function over and over again.
>>
>>24592334
I'm pretty sure chaining increases the chance of high potential
i was chaining Eevees, and i could have a bunch of three or two star eevees in a row, but if the chain was broken, the next few would all be zero
>>
What's the chance dexnav will be in gen7?
I really like it, the way it makes it so much easier to find the poke you're looking for makes the whole game a lot more comfy
>>
>>24593096
You can chain to get a better pokemon (iv), but not to increase chances of shiny.

>>24593102
Is easier find the pokemon you are looking but, pokeradar is more funny and hard to get shiny pokemon. Dexnav is too easy, you only have to wait and...wow, a shiny...
>>
>>24593102
Very unlikely, knowing GameFreak's "Every Game needs something exclusive and unique to it so it wont be forgettable!" Mindset.
>>
>>24593116

Dexnav does have some level of skill and patience, but chain fishing is broken as fuck. It needs to get nerfed in gen 7. Considering they brought Pokeradar back from gen 4, and Dexnav is similar to Pokeradar, I'm sure they'll have something like it in the future. Good for shiny hunting, good for ev training, just overall a good feature.
>>
>>24593147
this
>>
>>24593148
Desxnav is patience and is so easy. All you need to do is battle again and again. With Pokeradar its harder, you have to REALLY chain choosing the correct grass. It is much more satisfactory.
Dexnav is the best tool to train EV's and eggmoves, but sucks as shiny hunt tool.
>>
Anyway, powersave destroyed shiny hunters.
>>
>>24593194
good maybe they'll do something producitve with their life

>powersaves destroyed people earnestly completing the pokedex
Literally same argument
>>
>>24592361
Where's your fucking sauce?
>>
>>24593703
>https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2o6we0/data_analysis_on_dexnav_chaining_and_shiny_pokemon/
>>
Dataminers cant confirm this method?
>>
>>24592248
like said before in the thread, DEXNAV gives an overall increased chance to find a shiny, the search level and chain doesn't matter.

as for what the actual percentage chance is, I've seen different things. Most are saying that DEXNAV chances are the same as the Friend Safari at 1/512, and the shiny charm cannot increase the chance so it's fixed at that.
>>
>>24594838
shiny charm increases the chance with Dexnav.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.