[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things you want changed that will never get changed. >Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1411336107723.gif (725 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1411336107723.gif
725 KB, 245x200
ITT: Things you want changed that will never get changed.

>Pokemon can be nicknamed after being traded as long as the OT did not already give them a nickname.
>Pokemon get 6 move slots, but can only assign 4 for battle use at a time.
>You can easily change a pokemon's ball in a special shop.
>>
>>25792190

I like them all except the last one. I feel a Pokemon staying in the ball it was first captured in is a statement of some sort, and it leads to much nicer variety. I know you're suggesting that it remain an optional choice to keep the ball or change it, but if we were given too much freedom, everyone would just put their Pokemon in Premier Balls or Luxury Balls or something. We wouldn't see any more normal Pokeballs anymore.
>>
>>25792216
I catch all my pokemon in regular poke balls.

In fact I have a shiny Druddigon that really didn't want to get caught, and I ended up catching him in a Heal Ball because that was the last type of ball I had for some reason, and I really wish I could switch that ball to a regular poke ball.
>>
>a handheld game that uses the traditional battle system but ISN'T about getting badges or something synonymous
>non-gimmick pokemon learn a new move every 5 levels; lower stage mons having completely different level up learnsets from their evolved forms; lower mons learn mostly buffs, debuffs, and support moves while higher forms learn mostly attacks
>if the above happens, attacks with debuffs never have more than a 20% chance of the debuff landing
>games focus on non-traditional battle styles
>TMs cannot be learned by level up; non-gimmick pokemon can learn ANYTHING on the TM list

This would absolutely DESTROY the metagame so I can't complain about it never happening.
>>
>>25792216
nah dude, i have severe balltism and wont use a ball if it doesnt fit, and pokeballs actually do fit certain schemes
what youd have to worry about is the apricorn balls being put on goddamn everything for no reason
>>
>>25792190
>>Pokemon can be nicknamed after being traded as long as the OT did not already give them a nickname.
Don't really care either way.
>>Pokemon get 6 move slots, but can only assign 4 for battle use at a time.
That's a nice suggestion.
>>You can easily change a pokemon's ball in a special shop.
I disagree with this one. Especially since it's purely cosmetic. If you have balltism I feel like you should have to work for it and not simply get an easy solution. There are some pokemon-pokeball combinations that are hard to get and doing so feels like a minor accomplishment, just like shiny hunting to a lesser degree of course.
What I would like to see come back are seals or some short of customization you could do with pokeballs.
>>
>>25792216
Just like no one uses shitmons.

I disagree with you wholeheartedly
>>
make dodrio flying/ground and give it access to drill run, bulldoze, sand tomb, and maybe some other gound type moves
>>
>>25792190
More stuff done with NPCs.
Have them use nicknames or different pokéballs. Have some of them change routes and level-up or even change their teams at certain story-points. Have them possibly be replaced with new trainers after a while.

Since most of this would require some messing with very established programming, I doubt it will happen. But the staticness of other trainers has bothered me since gen1.
>>
>>25792190
I agree with the last point, but only because it should be easy to do in-game. Unless there is some unspoken rule about not being able to change pokéballs in the pokémon universe then this should a simple thing to do.
Would kinda spoil the "I caught a legendary in a nestball" bragging (?) rights though.

>>25792216
>everyone would just put their Pokemon in Premier Balls or Luxury Balls or something. We wouldn't see any more normal Pokeballs anymore.
So?

>>25792494
I like those. Would make evolving more interesting.
>>
>legendaries are hexaperfect and are always the same nature (why would there be species variation in something unique?)
>if your team matches the guidelines for a trainer class, you get to dress as that class
>+1 priority won't outspeed something that has twice that pokemon's speed
>>
>>25792558
>i have severe balltism
I'm sorry to hear, Anon.
>>
>your Pokemon will never evolve while battling
>you'll never see enemies level up and evolve before you
>tfw wanting to have atb battles but it would change the meta too much
>>
File: 1439341879429.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1439341879429.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>25793590
>tfw every team would have a Ninjask or a Deoxys-S
>>
>>25792216
>>25792346
This.
I catch my pokemon with basic balls because if you are a real trainer, breeder or player overall, you don't need gimmicks to catch even the strongest pokemon.
I even try to catch legendarias with great balls first with some succesful attempts.
It is like a proof of how skilled/lucky I am.
>>
>>25792494
>>25792854
Exactly, evolving as a measure of strategy.
I like this, just because the pokemon is fully evolved must not mean it has all the moveset available by default. At least not in the training process because of move relearners.
>>
>>25792190
>Evolving in battles, maybe you can use the "b" button as strategy depending on how crucial the battle is. (what happens with the Nincada situation here? Having it outaide the pokeball would mean it is now a 2v1 battle or choose between the 2?)
>More sidequest like GSC, a game not merely focused on the game goals but the player's choice, Apricorn balls, Bug Contest, Pokemon lore-wise such as the Hypno thing in FR, Farfetch'd in Gen2 or Herdier in BW2, like that but in more quantity and heavier story-related and better development.
Inb4 trainer videos, Hoenn contests, I hope you.know what I mean.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.