[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokémon Go!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: qwertyasdf.jpg (172 KB, 1582x563) Image search: [Google]
qwertyasdf.jpg
172 KB, 1582x563
What does /vp/ thinks about thebeta leaks? Will it be a proper pokemon game? Will it be a oversimplified shit or a dream come true?
>>
>>25782086
It's going to be freemium trash that casuals will eat up.
>>
>>25782086
>Will it be a proper pokemon game?
No, some of the key features are already confirmed missing

> Will it be a oversimplified shit or a dream come true?

Neither. It will be a fun side-game to dick around with for a week or two
>>
>>25782086
Nope, that's already been confirmed that it won't be like the main series games. There are no wild battles OR battles between friends, Pokemon don't get experience and you need to capture multiple of the same species to evolve just one of them.

>Will it be a oversimplified shit or a dream come true?
From what we've seen it's pretty simplified when compared to the main series, but no it won't be a dream come true like so many of us expected. It's actually pretty disappointing looking right now.
>>
>>25782086
>Will it be a oversimplified shit or a dream come true?
Travelling to catch pokemon in real life is what we want, but I guess we can't let go the complex meta-game to get it...
>>
People seriously think this?
>>
Won't be anything serious. Still gonna install it and see what happens.
>>
>>25782086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nu12CHixk4
>>
File: 1459354459900.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1459354459900.gif
36 KB, 720x720
>still no modded apk
Where the hell is SciresM when you need him
>>
>>25783196
>It's reskined Ingress
>Generation 1 only

INTO THE TRUBBISH IT GOES
>>
File: pokepepe.png (35 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
pokepepe.png
35 KB, 250x211
>>25782098

>for a week or two

Nah, accessibility will make this game to literally :^) print money.

I would not be surprised if in half a year it will ''sell better'' than all 3DS Pokemon combined so far.
>>
>>25782086
It's not going to be deep enough to take the place of a regular game but should be fun exploring, especially with a group of friends after they add in the rest of the generations.
>>
>>25782086
>will it be an oversimplified shit

datamine already confirmed.
>>
>>25783196
What is a mythical pokemon?
>>
>>25784699
Mew
>>
>>25784723
Isn't it a legendary? ;^)
>>
>>25782095
Yeah, real man speedrun Red.
>>
Why is everyone shooting this game down so hard on here? Is it because you guys have to get up and go outside? I mean it's not going to be a perfect game, nor is it really complete yet. Its an expansion on the franchise, a testing of the waters so to speak.
>>
More datamining from the APK when?
>>
>>25783196
this guy needs to stop over-excentuating everything like a 3 year old
>>
Lost a lot of hope after seeing these leaks. It's reskinned, shit ingress.
So much potential though.
>>
>people actually had hopes or expectations for this
It's a phone game catering to normies.
>>
>>25782086
Here, let me break it down into what has already been confirmed and what is likely.

Confirmed:
>No Wild Pokemon Battles
>No Battles with friends
>Pokemon do not level up
>You can evolve SOME pokemon by capturing multiple of the same pokemon, I imagine that this is similar to a crafting system where you fuse the pokemon to get the better evolved versions
>You use your pokemon at a gym to capture it and leave pokemon at a gym to protect/keep it

Likely
>In GO you treat your pokemon like disposable items, you use them, they are consumed, go catch more
>There are no battles, you select a pokemon and press a 'battle' button and the entire thing resolves immediately
>It's basically looking a lot like this is going to be Ingress with Pokemon's skin draped over it.

Prepare to be disappointed.
>>
>>25790589
Where were these things confirmed?
>>
>>25790153

He's the 2014 VCG World Champion.

What have you achieved? Kek m8.
>>
>>25782086
OMG GRAPHICS ARE SHIT DONT DOWNLOAD
WAIT FOR SUN AND MOON

BTW they where teased in LIGHT PLATINUM
right ?
>>
>>25784643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBot3ryBt8
>>
File: 3769718-72483rdxc kju59.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3769718-72483rdxc kju59.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>25790589
There are no battles? Then why there are 232 different moves in the datamining of the Beta?
When will people stop making shit up?
>>
>>25782086
I don't know
>>
>>25790860
Remember this is from a Beta
·232 moves
·2 moves per pokemon
·Pokemons use the moves automatically
·Only 151 from Gen 1
·Berries and some in-battle objects
·3 different teams to join
·It'll have all the known types, including Fairy
·There are "classes" of Pokemons: Mainly all "normal", but there will be "Legendary" pokemons too (I guess Mewtwo and so), and Mythic(?).
·There will be a new system of Natures. I guess they will determine how the pokemon (automatically) uses the moves, guards the gym or detects wild pokemons: Stoic, assassin, guardian, raider, protector, sentry and champion.
·There will be eggs and hatching
·There will be trading
·Conquering and defending gyms
·There will be key points in cities which will provide crystals and other things.
·Night and day cycle.
>>
>>25790968
I forgot:
·Also player/trainer levelling up by achievements: The higher the level the easier to capture pokemon and the more storage you have for pokemon and objects
·Evolving by capturing several times the same pokemon
·Evolution shards obtained by battles
·You can actually train your pokemon at a friendly gym
·There seems to be also a sort of active real-time battles. Which seems to be contradictory with other leaks. Pokemons will have some kind of stamina and will attack with different frequency depending on the move.
·There will be counter attacks and dodge moves.
·Moves available depend on the players level(?)
>>
>>25786868
Because the advert made it look amazing. And now it turns out it doesn't even have battles in it.
>>
>>25791107
Do you guys even try?
>>
>>25790968
>3 different teams to join
Red, Blue and Yellow...
WHAT HAPPENED WITH GREEN!!??
>>
here is a collection of info from the leaks
https://archive.is/sdUvJ

none of this is like ingress

the only thing similar to ingress is that the pokestop locations are the same as the portal locations but the similarity ends there

anyone saying that it is a reskinned ingress has not been paying attention to the leaks at all
>>
>>25793433
>anyone saying that it is a reskinned ingress has not been paying attention to the leaks at all

Basically a bunch of people that feel important because they know Niantic did Ingress and Pokemon Go will show some similarities.
>>
>>25793433
they need to make the evolution system less like rumble

aside from that main complaint if they add a buff multiplier for monotype gym teams and add at least a third attack option to the pokemon then the game might be pretty good
>>
>>25793536
>add at least a third attack option
I think, that if you put it together: the pokemon fighting automatically + new natures + the new move types (attack, dodge and counter-attack moves)
It seems done for people to choose the two movesets to be either pure attackers (sweepers), pure reaction (revenge killers), resistant tank/walls or mixed. That's why they cut the moveset to two, to make automated fights simpler, and strategies and choices simpler for newbies.
>>
modded apk fucking W H E N
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 770x695) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 770x695
>No Battles with friends
>Pokemon do not level up
>>
>>25794648
>When you approach a "friendly" Gym, you can either deploy a Pokemon or train one. It is unclear how long training will take, but there is a 'Training Meter'. You get Experience and 'GP' (Gym Points) for training.
>>
dumping new leaks from beta phase 2 today with timestamp

12:46am EST: Image surfaces of first iOS app invitations!
http://i.imgur.com/RUhno5t.jpg

12:54am EST: Pokemon are not spawning at PokeStops, but instead are appearing randomly on the map, seemingly based on areas where there is cell service.

1:02am EST: Pokemon don't show on the map until you are nearby. (Makes exploring a biome still fun and encounters unexpected.)

Many different Gen 1 species have been spotted on the map. They aren't mobile, and move ever so slightly.

1:30am EST: As many as 3 Pokemon have been spotted together on the map at one time.

3:00am EST: Spoofers who joined the beta from Southern California confirm no Pokemon or POI PokeStops populating the map yet in their region. http://i.imgur.com/u8flNVx.png

2:43pm EST: PokeStops work not by tapping, but by 'spinning' them to get items/balls from them!
>>
>>25795964
>appearing randomly on the map
There is consistency in where they appear? Like water types near water or grass near parks?

>PokeStops work not by tapping, but by 'spinning' them to get items/balls from them!
I don't understand that... Yo need to go next to the real places and surround them?
>>
>>25790875
there are no battles WITH FRIENDS
learn to read
>>
>>25797396
There probably will be consistency, since the datamined info contains "biomes." As for PokeStops, they sound like free gacha set in certain locations with cooldowns. You go every now and then to collect free shit.
>>
>>25794648
Silly anon, Pokemon wouldn't have "levels" in real life!
>>
File: swadloon[1].png (46 KB, 300x238) Image search: [Google]
swadloon[1].png
46 KB, 300x238
Do i really have to go on leddit for any leak at all?
>>
>>25801009
Lots of the apk diggers are on reddit

Leaks are on 2ch
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.