[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unpopular opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 33
File: 1445708797972.jpg (51 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
1445708797972.jpg
51 KB, 500x365
I never liked Grovyle and Sceptile, I think they're inferior designs because they change the gecko theme to dinosaurs

I like short routes in pokemon

I liked all the water routes in hoenn , what I didnt liked was the bad pokemon selection in those routes

The safari mechanics were good , even with the RNG shit , the rare pokemon that you catched in the safari felt special

Korrina is the most boring design in Gen 6 , I dont know why people like her
>>
>>25759584
I enjoy the campaign adventure more than post game and would prioritize the former.

I'm liking these side story post game chapters.
>>
I thought Black/White were just okay rather than being amazing. Black 2/White 2 were great though.

I don't like the battle facilities (Maison, Frontier, Tower, Subway, etc.). I think that they're just boring RNG-fests.

I actually liked ORAS, I think that they're better than Ruby/Sapphire and I prefer them to Emerald, but they really should have borrowed a few more things from Emerald (like the updated gym leader teams).

I thought XY were decent too, the up to the third gym was brilliant but it just felt a bit rushed after that.

I don't like Vanilluxe OR Electrode. I think that all gens have good and bad designs and anyone who feels the need to blindly defend Pokemon designs on an anonymous imageboard should take a serious look at their life.
>>
Gen I hasn't aged that poorly.

Gen VI was fine. The story was sub par but story has never been what people come to pokemon for unless they're crazy people.

Pikachu is fine as a mascot. I could not picture any other pokemon taking it's place except for Charizard, and people bitch about Charizard just as much as they do Pikachu. Even if it wasn't Pikachu or Charizard they would still bitch about it. Both of those pokemon are fine, you don't have to be a salty hipster faggot because they like to use their mascot pokemon.
>>
The most unpopular opinion of all:
I love all the gens equally and I don't think there is any "bad pokemon design."
>>
>>25759676
>I don't like the battle facilities (Maison, Frontier, Tower, Subway, etc.). I think that they're just boring RNG-fests.

So much this.
>>
I tried to play BW2 twice, but got bored very soon into the game both times.
>>
>>25759694
>Pikachu is fine as a mascot
They originally planned Clefable as mascot and I would prefer Clefable over Pikachu.
>>
File: 1454284841292.gif (1 MB, 305x280) Image search: [Google]
1454284841292.gif
1 MB, 305x280
I liked ORAS and X&Y

I think Mega Evolution gave the game an interesting and competitive twist

Tepig is the best starter in BW

Gen 4 is the worst in the franchise, It's slow, it made me hate the battles because of how long they took, and the story is uninteresting. The only good thing about it is the distortion world
>>
>>25759772
Funny, same thing happened to me with HGSS. And I started the series with Gold when I was a kid.
>>
>>25759584
I don't like Weavile because it trades Sneasel's craftiness away for a pshh nothin personnel kid theme that ruins the line with its shittily smug smile.

I despise Eevee's dumb "am i kawaii uguu~" expression. It would look a ton better with a more neutral expression. Thankfully its evos all look better.

XY may have been barren games and on the easy side, but Kalos is the comfiest region to date. I feel like they should've taken more design ideas from the southern parts of my homeland, though.

I've enjoyed each generation so far because I stay away from anything that may spoil my gaming experience on the internet when I begin a new game and do things my way, at my own pace.
>>
I like XY and ORAS
I always found Misty to be rather boring
BW1 Elesa>BW2 Elesa
Pokemon Yellow is better than Red and Blue
>>
File: 1352610723060.jpg (18 KB, 300x251) Image search: [Google]
1352610723060.jpg
18 KB, 300x251
>>25759813
are you me?
gen 5 was one of the best games
>>
>>25759813
The last one isn't unpopular.
This is however
I felt like the Distortion World and the whole time and space plot was a massive amount of wasted potenial, I mean, at later points in the story Cyrus DID in fact use the power of the legendaries yet it did nothing to time and space around the game except for the distortion in Platinum. What they should have done is, at least in Platinum, is add warps to the distortion world throughout the region just to show you how much the time space distortion later on in the story went.
>>
>Compared to the bombastic trumpets of Gen 3 and chiptunes of Gen 1-2, Sinnoh music is a bit mild for my tastes
>The Fairy type is a good addition to the type matchups, but Poison and Steel really need more support at this point
>Nate is the cutest Pokeboy
>>
EVs/IVs ruin battling
I prefer LG over FR and I like Blastoise more than Charizard
>>
[spoilers] i really like charizard [/spoilers]
>>

>Team Flare has nice battle music
>I don't have anything to water routes in Hoenn
>OR/AS remakes are awesome for me
>I don't have anything to people who like Gardevoir (but in moderation)
>>
Gen 3 introduced some of the worst new games to the series. I cannot bring myself to enjoy RSE for the sake of anything other than nostalgia.
FRLG and the gamecube RPG spin-offs, mystery dungeon and ranger are the only redemption that Gen has.
>>
I think all pokémon gens are great with everyone having their strong and weak points. All gens but XY, that's undeniably inexcusable crap.
>>
>>25759584
I think HGSS isn't that great and I think the remake would be better if it happened in gen 5.

In general, I think gen 4 was the worst gen and Platinum is WAY overrated.

BW1 > BW2.

XY > ORAS (though I think that's somewhat a popular opinion).
>>
Mega evolution could have been done better, even just giving pokemon a 4th evolution that makes it as strong as a mega maybe still needing to wait untill post game or even needing to get it to level 100 so that actually means something
>>
I actually liked the story and all the Pokemon of Unova
I find Sinnoh to be extremely comfy as a region. That said, it's extremely flawed
I like Nia. Not in an "I'd fug her way.", she just reminds me of my older sister.
I want to learn more about the lore of Mega Evolution.
Hoenn has decent Pokemon, but I hate the region itself and it's music
>>
Gen 5 actually has some of the best starter designs in the series. Haters employ massive double standards in order to hate.

Emboar is actually pretty cool, but people hate because:
>Edge lords wanted a Dark typing cuz muh black colors
>Fire/Fighting REEEEE
>I-is that Ganondorf desu?
>Muh quadrupedal pig

Samurott is one of the coolest starters ever, but people love to H8 because:
>Muh biped otter
>Quadruped samurai REEEEE
>But srsly, Y is quad desu?
>I wanted a quad starter (Tepig), wait not Samurott REEEEEE

Serperior is arguably the coolest Grass starter, and objectively the most unique out of all of them. Buuuut:
>Legs on snek, ayy lmao
>2 smug 4 me
>>
There should have only been three eeveelutions

Kalos was a great region overall

Team whatever using mascot legendaries is still fine, at least when compared to the gyms/elite 4.

Gates to Infinity>Explorers of Sky

Blaze Bayley>Paul Di'anno
>>
I like baby pokemon
>>
Remakes in Pokemon are a complete waste. The games are already really formulaic.
>>
I just finished my second run through of X and enjoyed it a shit load

I love all the main line pokemon games, can't really find anything I hate (other than minor things on how the games run

I loved battle revolution. Battling my siblings on our first big screen TV and seeing my DS mons come alive in dem dope graphics was amazing. Also loved the whole going through the arenas thing

I likes ORAS
>>
File: smsnskd.png (113 KB, 643x261) Image search: [Google]
smsnskd.png
113 KB, 643x261
>>25760673
Oh one last thing
I wish comeptitve battling had more variety to it. The cookie cutter teams suck and I like using pokemon I like in online battles, no shit whether or not they suck
>>
>>25760570
> Literally named after Superior and Serpent.
> Not wanting it to be the smuggest sneig in existance.
The fucker just knows it is better than everyone
>>
I like poison type pokemon
>>
>>25759584
X/Y are my favorite games, and I've been playing since Red/Blue.
>>
gen 4 almost made me quit Pokemon, but i grew an appreciation for it after gen 5

i despise IVs/EVs, they put pressure on my pokemon decisions and all i want to do is just enjoy the game with my favorite mons

i loved ORAS and thought they were fantastic remakes

i think steelix should have twice as much attack; looking at his size and just overall design, how is base att so low in comparison to others?
>>
>>25760730
Mah nigga
>>
I loved Unova like I have loved no region since Johto. Having a region of completely new Pokemon to catch in the pregame felt like it was 1998 all over again
I quit playing Pokemon back in the day because I hated Hoenn. I stand by that opinion now that I've played it in Emerald and OR. It's the region with the least amount of Pokemon I like, the least amount of NPCs I like, with my least favorite teams, there's just nothing I liked, really, except fuq master 5000
Ok, OR had one redeeming feature: riding on Mega Latixs' back. That was fucking comfy and kind of fun
As I use the Pokebank to finish the Pokedex, I realize now how little I care about Sinnoh except for Team Galactic and Cynthia
Kalos was pretty meh, but I enjoyed the Looker postgame. It was stupid, but it had a silly amount of heart
Lorelei best girl
>>
>>25760090
use ctrl+s friendo
>>
File: Smug mystery man.png (37 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Smug mystery man.png
37 KB, 512x256
XY's gym theme is among the best in the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWpCQ-t6RLU
>>
>>25760782

In addition to my hatred of Hoenn and its games, however, ORAS was a massive improvement over RSE except where the Battle Frontier was concerned. Otherwise ORAS was better than the original in every way
>>
>>25760782
these are pretty much all mine except for loreli. a good, but not a best
>>
standing in the middle of a pokemon center when saving isnt an autistic/ocd symptom, stop deluding yourself
I didnt care about electric mice pokemon until dedenne its the cutest shit
mega evolution wasnt really that good, I dont hate the designs but I never use megas because I forget them
I have never looked at a pokemon and thought "its literally a digimon" the franscises artstyles are so different they will probably never look like eachother
>>
Gen 6 has some of the best-designed Pokemon in the series.
>>
I hope following pokémon never return to the series. If they do, it should be optional.

I really liked most cross gen evolutions and would fully support more of them or more branches off existing lines.

I think all regions and generations have pros and cons.

I would welcome a game that took place in a region we've already been to as long as it had a entirely new story and so whew gyms.

I think Cynthia is a great character and champion. I liked how she was involved in the story more than just a randoms counter at the end.

I don't care about post game places like battle resort. I'd rather have a long post game story where the player stomps out the remaining villain team loyalists and explores new areas in the region. Maybe even more challenge gyms with tough pokémon.

If character customization is as limited as it was in XY I would be okay with it not returning.

I like /vp/ and enjoy speculating, shitposting, and sharing stories with you faggots.
>>
I think threads in which people spoiler their entire posts are fucking shit

Toxicroak is the greatest Pokemon of all time
>>
I enjoy edgy fangames more than the ones that try to be "official".

And by "edgy" I don't necessarily mean those fangames that have blood and swearing and death, but any fangame that doesn't play like a traditional game. So that Eevee game made in rm2k3. And so on.
>>
>>25761012
>If character customization is as limited as it was in XY I would be okay with it not returning.

This so much.
>>
>>25759754
So much this
>>
>>25759772
Me too lol

I'm at Driftveil City Gym anons, does it improve after that, anons?
>>
>>25761450
That's all up to you.
>>
File: 1458221537685.png (353 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
1458221537685.png
353 KB, 542x542
>>25761461
...I'll take that as a no then
>>
I like the mystery dungeon games more than the mainline one.

To me Digimon did everything better save for the card game(s), Pokémon has a better card game.

Corollary to the above, the TCG would be so great if it wasn't so incredibly and visibly unbalanced, legendaries shouldn't be superior to Stage 2s in every single way.

Smogon isn't some evil force trying to take away your fun, they are a group trying to create standards so that people can play against one another with some modicum of fairness, get stomped by a team that is all lengendaries against your bro's isn't fun, nor is you stomping someone with a bunch of shitmons.
>>
>>25761480
Well if you aren't having fun in a game by the halfway point what makes you think you're going to have fun in the latter half?
Personally I found it pretty fun especially since I worked on the habitat dex as I went along but if that's not your thing then it's not your thing.
>>
>>25759797
Clefairy, actually. Clefable would've been the new Raichu, aka, ignored.
>>
>>25759584
gen 4 was my favorites gen with sinnoh being my favorite reigon becuase becuase pearl was my first pokemon game

I've deleted almost all my shines becuase I couldn't be bothered to transfer them to another game before restarting a game
>>
>>25761606
That sucks because I think Clefable is great
>>
I genuinely couldn't give two shits whether a pokemon was shiny or not. The only shiny I've ever used was my HM slave Zigzagoon/Linoone i caught in Ruby by pure chance.
>>
>>25759797

They focus tested that shit and Pikachu did better. Clefairy would have been a flop for being too cookie cutter since pink kawaii mascots were everywhere.

I feel like celfairy would get even more backlash than pikachu because at least pikachu has an inherently gender neutral appeal, wheras mostly girls and pokephiles would lean toward clefairy.
>>
File: 1452491511172.jpg (11 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1452491511172.jpg
11 KB, 250x236
>>25761012
All those points except the last two.
>Pic Related

Personally, I enjoyed character customization so much that I wouldn't even care if it was limited in the next games. And I played as the male.
>>
File: Pacha Berry.jpg (39 KB, 341x341) Image search: [Google]
Pacha Berry.jpg
39 KB, 341x341
>>25762012
Here you go, have a pokemon related one.
>>
the sinnoh starters blow every other starter out of the water, every stage of the lines are fantastic.

X/Y's exp share should return only when you've beaten the game once.

johto and kalos have the least amount of bad pokemon corresponding to the number of pokemon they introduced.

Sinnoh introduced the most shit pokemon.
>>
>>25759584
Froakie and all of its evolutions are utter shit
>>
File: GARBODOR.png (67 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
GARBODOR.png
67 KB, 250x250
Garbodor is aesthetically pleasing to me on the same level that Suicune is. They're both great.
>>
I dislike almost all of the original 151, except Flareon and the poison types.
>>
>>25760809
They sound ridiculously similar to gen 1 battle music - EVEN MORE gen 1 pandering. Gen 6 would have been so much better if GF let it be its own thing.
>>
As for pokemon designs Gen 1 < Gen 5
I really like the wackiness of them and I thought some like Krookodile, Carracosta, and Zoroark were amazing. Gen 1 just seems like normal animals which is boring.
>>
>>25764058
>the poison types

So half of them
>>
>>25764112
only 30
>>
File: 1457563325715.png (60 KB, 179x217) Image search: [Google]
1457563325715.png
60 KB, 179x217
>>25764165
30/151
1/5 of the entire dex is poison type
>>
File: 98623498290.png (144 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
98623498290.png
144 KB, 358x358
>>25764103
>carracosta
my fucking nigger
>>
>>25764218
I realize that. I dislike 4/5 of the dex. You want to state more obvious things?
>>
X & Y have the best mon-distribution per route of the series.
>>
>>25764308
oh sorry i couldn't read that sarcasm
>>
I don't like water routes, because its slower than cycling.
>>
>>25759584
>Sceptile a dinosaur
wut
>>
I dislike the element of randomness prevalent in pokémon, be it for encounters, abilities, or catches.

I want a more fleshed-out friendship mechanic.

Rampardos is, to me, the least visually appealing pokémon BY FAR.

]I don't like Goodras design and would've prefered a stronger focus on the snail aspect.

I hate the fact that Charizard has two megas. That should've been legendary exclusive feature.

I am interested in the lore behind pokémon technology and human/pokémon coexistence more than I am interested in the gameplay. I'm also more interested in the pokémon themselves than the gameplay.

I don't like Pokérus. It may be beneficial, but it's still a status affliction and the germaphobe in me is recoiling.

I don't mind Nurse Joy saying she's hoping to see you again.

The rest has all been mentioned already.

>>25759676
>battle facilities
Agreed.

>>25759892
>avoidance of spoilers
Agreed.

>>25760068
>>25760734
>EVs/IVs
Agreed.

>>25760646
>Redundancy of remakes
Agreed.

>>25760928
>Dedenne
Agreed.

>>25763973
Agreed.
>>
>>25759958
That is a great reaction image

I liked the changes made to ORAS. I feel it gave a game with great flavor even more great flavor.
The changes made to HGSS were shit.
>>
Hugh is the best rival after Silver.

Johto and Unova are the best regions

Too Much Water

I hate Megas for the power creep, taking away evolutions and fan-wanky nature of thier creation

The "Gen 6 is an alternate universe" theory is shit and was such a massive stretch of the quote in ORAS and I hope we get a future game reference or be a sequel to Gens 1 to 5 so people can shut up about it.

Zygarde's forms look sillier the more I think about them.

HGSS and Platinum had the best story
>>
>>25760068
>I prefer LG over FR and I like Blastoise more than Charizard
based
>>
>>25764457
It's a raptor, hence the leaves looking like feathers.
>>
>>25759797
I think choosing Pikachu over Clefairy helped give the franchise appeal on an international level. I doubt many boys would have been willing to admit they like Pokemon if the only one everyone knew about was this cute pink thing with "fairy" in the name.
>>
>>25765581
This
>>
I really like Trubbish and Garbodor. I think they're actually really clever designs.
DPPt were good games.
Grass is both best and my favorite type.
I like almost all of the cross-gen evos.
Gen V was good from the beginning.
I don't mind the eight gyms+evil team formula.
I think WAY more time and effort should be put into world-building and general flavor.
Skyla best goddamn girl.
>>
>>25759754
Finally someone in /vp/ I agree with.

Though, I do have favorite generations and Pokemon, but my least favorite ones I don't consider to be "bad", just not as good.
>>
>>25766443
When people ask for a different formula to 8 gyms evil team it's always shit, because people dont have enough self awareness to realise they suck at ideas.
>>
I find Jessiefags to be insufferable.
>>
>>25764840
>I dislike the element of randomness prevalent in pokémon, be it for encounters, abilities, or catches.
I actually absolutely love it. I don't think I'd play nearly as much pokemon in my life without it, if everything was the same or guaranteed. That special pokemon you catch/hatch that has the correct ability, good IVs or whatnot or that shiny you randomly find, that very low percentage Gengar you might find in Platinum. They all give me an amazing feel of accomplishment that I can only find in certain jrpgs.

>>25760068
>EVs/IVs ruin battling
No, people being able to hack shit in so easily and feeling entitled to perfect IVs and EVs without actually doing it themselves are what ruin battling. Because if you want to be legit now, you have to get perfect IVs since everyone's fucking hacking them because their time is apparently too precious to spend on a game they supposedly like.

>>25759584
I love the Unova map because it has so many bridges.

I want to punch people bandwagon hating on the Vanilite line, when it's one of the cutest pokemon ever.

>>25759754
Agreed.
>>
I like Pokemon
>>
File: 3ba.jpg (16 KB, 467x508) Image search: [Google]
3ba.jpg
16 KB, 467x508
>>25766736
>>
>>25766731
>No, people being able to hack shit in so easily and feeling entitled to perfect IVs and EVs without actually doing it themselves are what ruin battling. Because if you want to be legit now, you have to get perfect IVs since everyone's fucking hacking them because their time is apparently too precious to spend on a game they supposedly like.
People buy Pokemon so that they can play Pokemon, not so they can play Tour de france
>>
>>25766804
And Pokemon is a single player RPG where you don't need any of that to beat or experience the entire thing. Hell you don't need perfect IVs, perfect EVs, perfect Nature to experience the multiplayer either. The fact that you fuckers are attempting to justify your rampant cheating by "the game actually demands me to spend time in order to min max it" is ludicrous.

You actually believe you're entitled to cheating. That is the most hilarious and sad thing about this fanbase.
>>
File: That's Real Disgusting.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
That's Real Disgusting.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>25766736
Wow what a fucking freak
>>
>>25759584
Grovyle is fine, I don't know what were they thinking with Sceptile though.
>>
>>25759584
Heatran and Cresselia are the best designs to come out of gen IV, Garchomp and Yanmega were the worst

I like XY and I'm salty they apperently decided to skip Z since I was really looking forward to it.

I never liked GameCorner and the fact that it forced you to waste massive amounts of money if you wanted to get good TMs for your Pokemon. I liked HGSS's voltorb game better, especially since I could easily cheese tons of coins with an online calculator if I didn't feel like playing.
>>
>>25759584
Mega evos are probably the best thing GF did in many many years
>>
>>25766971
Completely agreed
>>
I like to use my masterball on something like Clefairy,Beldum or Farfetched, after all if i fail to catch Mewtwo i can just reset the game and talk to him again
I think Charizard is cute and i prefer my Zard to be smug then angry
I like Venusaur best no matter what gen
I consider N a rival, he`s pretty much a bizzaro player character who likes testing himself against you to see whose stronger, not to mention the only person he respects is the pc and maybe his nannies, thats pretty rival like to me
I like Mega Mewtwo y i think its cool that it looks like mew, although i still wonder why Mewtwo needed megas of all things

>>25761090
Super pokemon eevee is fun, but the plot just suddenly got a little too serious after a mostly very silly game.
I`m not sure i want to continue with it, desu

>>25765452
>The "Gen 6 is an alternate universe" theory is shit and was such a massive stretch of the quote in ORAS and I hope we get a future game reference or be a sequel to Gens 1 to 5 so people can shut up about it.
That wouldn`t invalidate the Alternate universe theory at all, OR/AS is a retelling of R/S/E so clearly if they are alternate universes they are parallel ones.
>>
>>25766831
Your the one getting all "muh integrity" over a game for children, some people have jobs, their time is in fact precious.

If halo asked me to play a jumping jacks mini game just so my gun can compete against the gun of some neckbeard who can afford to play said jumping jacks sim 3+hours a day then fucking oath i`m cheating.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 425x300
>>25766971
>be Ubers/VGC10 fan
>mfw Megas announced
I just love the idea of having that one OP as shit clutch Pokemon ready to make a comeback. Shame about no Mega Flygon though, I was rooting for one since the very day Megas were announced.
>>
File: Bugsy_HGSS_Adventures.png (143 KB, 479x787) Image search: [Google]
Bugsy_HGSS_Adventures.png
143 KB, 479x787
>>25759584
I like Flygon
Emerald is one of the high points of the series
All fairy types introduced in Gen 6 look like total ass.
Bugsy is the cutest and most handsome
>>
>>25759813
>Tepig is the best starter in BW
I agree
>>
File: 1454083624316.jpg (70 KB, 496x798) Image search: [Google]
1454083624316.jpg
70 KB, 496x798
>>25767008
Then don't fucking play that aspect, and as I said you don't need min maxed shit to play the multiplayer. People have gotten high placing in tournaments even by having scrambled up IVs and wrong Natures.

Your post is literally "wah wah I don't want to spend my time on something but I demand instant gratification, in fact I'm entitled to it because I said so." You're literally bitching that about someone playing the game more than you having better shit. You realize how big of a manchild that makes you, right?

If it's a game for children and you cannot afford to spend your time mix maxing it because you have a job then maybe don't play that game for children. Or just admit that you're just a fucking douchebag and get it over with.

Holy shit, you're pretty much acting like the game is forcing you to cheat. Retard.

>Your the one getting all "muh integrity" over a game for children
Yeah, I'm sorry I have a different opinion of you and think that people cheating in games are scum. I'm clearly in the wrong because I shared my unpopular opinion in a thread about unpopular opinions. Insecure fuck.
>>
>>25767008
>>25767057
Oh and I failed to mention that your Halo analogy is the stupidest thing imaginable since Halo is a game that is designed with the focus on multiplayer played by people even just for the multiplayer while pokemon is quite literally the exact opposite in terms of design philosophy or incentive.
>>
File: 1457366580270.jpg (57 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1457366580270.jpg
57 KB, 504x470
I dislike Zygarde because it's based on poorly executed Norse mythology stuff. We could have had an actual badass Fenrir and Jörmungandr but instead we're getting a dog (maybe not in the games) and an ornate slice of oddly coloured bacon. I'm not even going to say anything about the complete forme.

Injecting is fine. Some people simply don't have time to play hours and hours of bike simulator. I think that breeding should be made as easy as possible.

Cynthia is both my favourite champion and favourite Pokégrill. I don't even know if this is an unpopular opinion.

Sinnoh is an amazing region. I absolutely love it.

I'm extremely tired of the whole "YAY! FRIENDSHIP!" shit. I fucking hate the fact that everyone loves me. I want to see the world working against me. There needs to be more edgy shit in Pokémon.
>>
>>25766731
Why would battle without perfect stats in the first place?
>>
>>25759584
Riley Reid isn't as good as Adriana Chechik

OP isn't a fag

I prefer Muk to the other usual suspects like Vanilluxe, Klefki, Stingulor and Garbodor. I don't know why.
>>
>>25767100
Because the 1-2-5 points in one stat doesn't make a difference 9/10 times. Because people don't give a fuck and just want to have fun. Because people didn't know about min maxing said stat.

But, that is getting nearly impossible now since everyone just cheats their min maxed shit because oh dear they would have to play the game otherwise. What a terror that would be.
>>
I liled the xy exp-share. I used it to level up 12 pokemon for the elite 4. Felt like pokemon origins with so many well trained pokemon. Would love for it to be kept loke this.
>>
>>25767089
>Cynthia is both my favourite champion and favourite Pokégrill. I don't even know if this is an unpopular opinion.
It's not. Even 4chan, which is misogynist as fuck, agrees she was one of, if not the best Champion in the series.
>>
>>25767121
She was the best champion by far.
>>
>>25767110
>doesn't make a different 9/10 times
The stat differences that comes out of maxing out EVs/IVs is pretty big.
I doubt the majority of people on battle spot battle without perfect Pokemon.
>>
>>25767131
Yeah they're pretty big in exact situations that make the difference between a KO or not. You know how many of those actually come up on average? Yeah, jack shit or used to in any case. However, it has become as I said nearly impossible to do it now because of that exact reason everyone literally editing their exact stats to hit set benchmarks in 5 minutes. That's why the pokemon multiplayer is a shit show and will never be anything more than that as long as cheating is this easily accessible and no one giving a shit about it.

It doesn't really make a difference to me, since I just won't play competitively then, I'll play something else but it's just my unpopular opinion. I'm not delusional. I'm well aware of how the pokemon fanbase takes cheating for granted and feel it's something that "can't be helped". In the end of the day, not even Nintendo or the TPCi give a shit about it in their tournaments so fuck it. The pokemon """""competitive""""" scene is just a joke.
>>
>>25767057
So wait it was fine for you to disagree with another anons unpopular opinion here>>25766731 but when i do it i`m a retard and insecure?

And by the way i don`t play the whole breeding aspect of the game, i don`t play multiplayer, why would i play a part of the game i don`t like?

Besides look at how angry your response is, you can`t call me a manchild then turn around and act like i said something so horrifying it warrants insults and swearing over pokemon of all things.

I`ll admit i was being a bit snarky but you just go full aggro mode.

>>25767089
>I'm extremely tired of the whole "YAY! FRIENDSHIP!" shit. I fucking hate the fact that everyone loves me. I want to see the world working against me. There needs to be more edgy shit in Pokémon.

Related to this, i hate the whole "YAY! FRIENDSHIP!" because of legendary pokemon being important to the plot, the power of monster i met 5 minutes ago=/=friendship
>>
>>25767188
>I`ll admit i was being a bit snarky but you just go full aggro mode.
Yes, because I'm very passionate about games and cheating. Sue me.

>So wait it was fine for you to disagree with another anons unpopular opinion here>>25766731 but when i do it i`m a retard and insecure?
I called you a retard and insecure because you acted like 1. you basically have no option but to cheat because the game requires a lot of grinding to min/max shit 2. you went full ad-hominem and somehow me being angry or feel strongly about cheating makes my stance wrong or makes cheating okay.

In the post you quotes, I disagreed with people about their actual arguments and opinions. The only thing you did is repeatedly say that if you have a job cheating is A-ok. Anyway, this is just becoming a shit flinging contest and there really wasn't much to say on that conversation in the first place. If you think cheating is perfectly fine because you don't want to put time investment in something, I'm not going to be able to change your mind. I'll just call you a scumbag.
>>
Different anon here:
I don't like IVs they are really add anything, you pretty much always want either 31 or occasionally 0 in each stat, so the only "customization" is do you make speed 0 for trick room shenanigans and if you set attack to 0 for foul-play.
While to interact with them is kinda tedious, breed two Pokémon hatch the egg, take it to a dude who tells you that it isn't perfect yet and repeat, not what I would call engaging.

EVs on the other hand I am perfectly OK with, they do allow for customization and can be interacted with easily, AND you are actually playing the game while doing so.
>>
I love Sinnoh, Platinum is my favourite game in the series.

I love breeding for the actual breeding aspect. I don't care for competitive battling, I just breed pokemon because I enjoy it, somehow it's relaxing to me. And collecting heaps of 'BR' pokemon is just fun to me.
>>
File: 1457153423321.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457153423321.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>25766935
>Yanmega
>worst

>>25766980
No I know ORAS is parallel to RSE, but then people extrapolate it to being parallell to the whole franchise and it's just ridiculous
>>
Lickilicky > Lickitung

My favourite pokeball is the premier ball.
>>
>>25759584
HMs are ok and don't need to be changed.

EVs and IVs are a good thing, blame the hackers not the feature.

Legendaries are only ok for collection purposes and using them in teams wether offline or online is not ok.
>>
>>25766731
>I want to punch people bandwagon hating on the Vanilite line, when it's one of the cutest pokemon ever.
this guy knows shit
>>
>>25768514
It fucking ruined Yanma and you know it. Cross-gen evos are a mistake.
>>
I think anyone upset that they're going from Gen 6 to Gen 7 instead of charging you ANOTHER $50 to go through the same region with the same Pokemon is a complete fucking maroon

>>25769124
All of them but Rhyperior and Tangrowth were great. You have shit taste.
>>
File: 1457599807900.png (130 KB, 447x366) Image search: [Google]
1457599807900.png
130 KB, 447x366
>>25760809
I think XY has some of the best battle music in the series, it sounds so good

>>25764089
I know this is probably bait, but really faggot

Every Pokemon wild/trainer/gym battle theme has been variations on the same formula. XY's is actually one that breaks the mold a bit.
>>
>>25769157
>XY's is actually one that breaks the mold a bit.
THIS, especially the Gym Leader battle music. I loved how unorthodox it is.

This is why this series never evolved. Any kind of change gets gunned down by autistic fanbase which hates being taken out of it's comfort zone.
>>
>>25769124
Yanmega is the shit nigga

>That speed
>That sp. atk
>That sweep with Choice Specs
>That color scheme
>Cry sounds like a incoming train

I'll fite you son
>>
>>25769215
you're retarded
>>
>>25769136
>>25769215
No, fuck you. Yanma was one of my, if not the favourite Bug type before gen 4 came out. Now I can't look at it without being overwhelmed by disgust, knowing what kind of cancer it evolves into.

Yanmega is literally the Ash-Greninja of Bug types. Too bad it didn't stay contained in a non-game medium.
>>
File: 1457986098421.jpg (128 KB, 702x558) Image search: [Google]
1457986098421.jpg
128 KB, 702x558
>>25769323
So give it Eviolite or something and never evolve it

Yanmega's existence doesn't change anything about Yanma

you're free to use your shitmon with the option of 50% more defense
>>
>>25769136
>Tangrowth
What did you expect from a Tangela evo? Honest question. More lanky perhaps?
>>
Cross-gen evos were great, with the exception of Rhyperior, Electrivire, and Magmortar. They look fat as fuck.

Sinnoh is the best region by far, and Platinum the best MAINLINE game.

Explorer's of the Sky is the BEST Pokemon game.

After replaying it, Generation 1 is terrible, the move pools of most Pokemon are atrocious, meanwhile you get a couple that can somehow learn nearly every TM.

Barry > Silver = Gary > Wally = Cheren > May

Infernape, Sceptile, and Greninja are the best starters by far.

Johto and Hoenn have the most forgettable shitmons in the series.

I wish EVs and IVs didn't exist.
>>
I don't like Greninja and Feraligatr design-wise and have as of yet to meet a single person who feels the same.
>>
>>25760570
Serperior is the only good one
>>
>>25769702
>What did you expect from a Tangela evo?
Why would I expect one at all
>>
Smogon and it's rules suck and are way overrated and overhyped and idk why its even relevant.
>>
>>25759584
>I liked all the water routes in hoenn , what I didnt liked was the bad pokemon selection in those routes
While you are obviously allowed to have that opinion I don't see how you can have it. Pokémon selection is such a huge deal when it comes to routes. And if you have 1/4 of the whole region's routes' selection be about the same I can't ignore that when it comes to judging said routes, especially since the visuals are fairly monotonous as well.
>>
>>25769946
Fair point.
>>
I like Rhyperior. In fact I didn't give a flying fuck about Rhydon before. It looked like the shittiest pokemon ever and was since I could 1HKO it with any and all water moves. Used a Rhyperior my first time through Diamond, fell in love with it.

I wish the game featured a whole lot more of double battles as well as rotation battles. I find both of those way more interesting than endless singles, which are boring as fuck.

I love the random elements like critical hits, flinch/burn/paralyze/poison etc percentages on moves and the like that people call "hax". Without them the combat would be more sleep inducing than chess.

I'm always puzzled by people bandwand hating on pokemons like Lucario, Charizard, Gengar or whatever because they're popular or stuff like Braixen or Delphox because furfags happen to like them. Why do people allow random strangers on the internet affect their judgement and enjoyment of a game?

>>25769834
>I wish EVs and IVs didn't exist.
Why? Honest question. They give variety and help separate pokemon of the same species. They're like the weapon mods in other RPGs. Pokemon would honestly be quite bland without them.

>>25769956
>unpopular opinion
>>
>>25770201
*bandwagon
What the fuck is a bandwand...
>>
>>25766443

I don't mind the gyms and evil team formula.

I just want the evil teams to do something besides awaken perfect chaos.
>>
The "Canon" of pokemon is the most inconsequential nothing of a whatever plot to ever grace RPGs besides the last few paper Marios, and people who play the games for the plot and human characters are crazy people, with the exception of maybe those who joined up in gen V, and didn't know that such a focus on plot isn't the norm of pokemon.

There is no such thing as "canon starters" or "canon protagonists" no matte what promotional artworks or merchandise imply.
>>
>>25770201
Because it's very time consuming to breed for IVs and all that stuff. A more casual player could never get into competitive, like me. I don't have time to make a perfect team like that.
>>
I always use my Master Ball on the mascot Legendary. I'd still use it even if it had a 100% catch rate.
>>
IVs are time consuming with no entertainment value, and pointless since EVs do the job of making pokemon with unique stats better in a way that doesn't completely shit on the series message.
>>
File: 1458704243377.png (171 KB, 555x605) Image search: [Google]
1458704243377.png
171 KB, 555x605
>>25770842
This
>>
>>25769702
it's weird as hell statwise
like a lot of the gen 4 cross evos, it gains a lot in its low stats and hardly anything in its good ones
I can't think of any other evolution where the lower attacking stat gets a massive boost but still ends up lower than the higher one is
>>
>>25770887
That's not unpopular opinion, it's just common sense
>>
>>25771583
And yet so many people defend IVs to the death
>>
>>25759584

I really fucking hate using Surf and traveling over water in Pokemon games. It's boring and uneventful outside of the random asshole swimming in the middle of the ocean.
>>
>>25759584
Why are grovyle/sceptile fans super autistic?
>>
>>25769157
>>25769208
Except xy is hated by how unoriginal and how much it panders you fuckwitts. XY's gym leader battle is hated because how different it is, it's how generic and fucking underwhelming it is.
>>
>>25772748
lmao.
>>
>>25769124
YANMEGA IS MY UU BRO FIGHT ME

>>25769323
Yanma is still a decent pokemon if you arent fighting massive hyper offensive mons so it's like whatever man

>>25769215
my nigga
>>
Pikachu is one of my favourite designs still even with it constantly shoved in our faces.
>>
There hasn't been a good pokemon game since HG/SS.
>>
Dragonite should stay as the kindhearted powerhouse.
Iris' Dragonite was stupid.
>>
>>25773358
But Iris Dragonite was extremely kind.
>>
>>25769889
As a kid I fucking loved Feraligator. Now that I'm older I really dislike the design.

Not too partial to Greninja either, but I think most water starters look horrible.
>>
File: Feraligatr.png (10 KB, 383x155) Image search: [Google]
Feraligatr.png
10 KB, 383x155
>>25775964
The in-game sprite for Gen II made Feraligatr look like a fucking beast. Very intimidating. Since then, though, the in-game designs have mostly made him look like a doofy oaf.
>>
I don't understand why non-underageb&s like XY, and I have no idea what else Game Freak could realistically botch to change these people's minds.

/vp/ is in the bottom five boards on 4chan in terms of quality and age :^)

S and M are the seventh generation of Pokémon, and they will probably be terrible. I'm probably still going to buy them because I haven't given up hope.

Every board on 4chan besides /fit/ and /tg/ is completely and irredeemably terrible.

If you post on /r9k/ or use their vernacular for any reason you are a repulsive cockdonkey and should be marooned on a deserted island full of venomous snakes.

Showderp might be a hive of shitposting and memes, but it's the only remotely good recurring thing on the board.

You like the cuck meme because you're sexually frustrated and you hate yourself.

You're ass on toast, /vp/, and you're all a bunch of fourteen year old fags. But you're kinda home <3
>>
File: Sadninja.jpg (89 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
Sadninja.jpg
89 KB, 600x596
After being here for a few years (yes it's taken me this long to realize it) I can honestly understand why Moot said this was the shittiest board. Content simply isn't produced fast enough or in enough different manners (games, television, etc) for this board to remain relevant. Like between games, such as right now, there has, in my opinion, been no interesting content on this board, it's so fucking dreary.

And even when there is a new game out, /vp/ becomes saturated with reddit and shitposting

I used to do my own drawthreads and do requests on here every once in a while, but recently, I just can't stand coming to this board for more than a scroll down to see if there's any news on new games or something
>>
>>25776610
Oh, also: I don't play smogon tiers, but rabid smogon hateposters (not just people who don't like smogon) are mostly contrarian dipshit kids who are trying too hard to fit in because they think 4chan is edgy and counterculture and rebellious and that Smogon is somehow the Establishment, maaaaaaan
>>
>>25767008
Pfffft I know, right? Also why do I have to work to get money when I could literally just print my own? I came to life because I wanted to live, not play Cubicle Simulator 2K16™. Living in prosperity is a right, why do I have to put in effort to get it lol
>>
File: atleast should have been shiny.png (61 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
atleast should have been shiny.png
61 KB, 350x250
>>25776548
>>
>>25776686
What? Between anime, game events and manga, content is produced pretty fast
>>
>>25779206
Oh my. That actually looks pretty good, and I'm >>25769889.
>>
I legitimately believe the alternate megas for charizard and mewtwo were created after the negative reactions for mega mewtwo Y and mega charizard Y
>>
>>25759584
Gen IV was best Gen. Perfect amount of worldbuilding, story and adventure.
Gen V is overrated and relied too much on Wi-Fi gimmicks that became outmoded with the death of the DS.
Kalos was a great region but with too much wasted potential. If we can't return to it in SM, I'll be seriously disappointed
Most of Kalos' battle music (Gym Leaders and Elite Four to be precise) is largely unremarkable and sounds out of place in a Pokemon game.
The Chespin line was my first favorite starter to come out in years
ORAS ruined Wally as a character
>>
>>25782770
>ORAS ruined Wally as a character
He had a character?
>>
>>25776610
you are literally the cancer that kills not only this board but all of 4chan
why can't people on this fucking website stop being cynical edgy pricks and just enjoy things, fuck, enjoy LIFE
i honestly don't understand
>>
>>25776610
>Showderp might be a hive of shitposting and memes, but it's the only remotely good recurring thing on the board.
You should have said that first. I would immediately confirm my suspicion that you're cancerous /v/ermin and not bother reading any of the other shit. Showderp is literally everything wrong with modern 4chan in one thread.
>>
>>25782770
He said unpopular opinion thread

not "show everyone how utterly irredeemably shit my taste is" thread
>>
>>25761998
I think, Eevee would be the best mascot.
>>
>>25782770
>ORAS ruined Wally as a character
I wasn't aware RSE Wally had a character to ruin.
>>
>>25783954
Except I haven't gone to /v/ in literally six years lmao
/v/ was nearly as bad as current /vp/ even then btw

>>25783445
I enjoy my life plenty. In fact, I find that the more my life improves the less tolerance I have for the shitty parts (read: almost all) of 4chan.
>>
i wish evey board would stop trying to have a competition on whose the shittiest

for real, it's almost like it's a race or some shit. you are all equally ass, like i literally don't see a diffrence in quality out of any of the boards
>>
>>25776548
I'm not normally one for preferring older sprites/art in pokemon, but I share your sentiment on this one.
The dark teal and vermillion combo is much nicer and blends better than bright blue and red, which is garish and too bold. The G/S colours also make Feraligatr feel like it belongs in the bayou, like actual alligators. its also nice to have a Water starter NOT be beach-side blue. Typhlosion got away with not being red or orange.
Finally, its entire build and posture in the G/S sprite is more intimidating, with the thick neck and shoulders, the low hanging head, even the squint-ier eye. It looks like a huge alligator clambered onto land and lurched around like godzilla.
>>
>>25770201
>I like Rhyperior. In fact I didn't give a flying fuck about Rhydon before. It looked like the shittiest pokemon ever and was since I could 1HKO it with any and all water moves. Used a Rhyperior my first time through Diamond, fell in love with it.
>I wish the game featured a whole lot more of double battles as well as rotation battles. I find both of those way more interesting than endless singles, which are boring as fuck.
>I love the random elements like critical hits, flinch/burn/paralyze/poison etc percentages on moves and the like that people call "hax". Without them the combat would be more sleep inducing than chess.
m8 are you me? I've never found someone who thinks this close to me y'know, about pokemon

>I'm always puzzled by people bandwand hating on pokemons like Lucario, Charizard, Gengar or whatever because they're popular or stuff like Braixen or Delphox because furfags happen to like them. Why do people allow random strangers on the internet affect their judgement and enjoyment of a game?
ehhhh I'm half 'n' half on this. It is shitty when people hate a product purely because of its loudest/least desirable section of the fanbase. Its like hating a cute, friendly dog because its owner is a dickhead.
On the other hand, those pokemon you mentioned, I either intensely dislike or just sort-of don't like, but because of their designs with Lucario and Charizard its their designs AND for how undeservingly pushed and pandered they are in pokemon media
>>
>>25769889
Same.
Feraligatr was cool to me as a kid, but so was Typhlosion and Rhydon. I now prefer Croconaw for its caveman motif it had going on. Feraligatr has those rooster cockcombs and Kangaskhan square plates all over it, I think it looks dreadful.
>>
>>25759584
Lenora is the hottest gym leader there ever was.
>>
>>25759584

>catched
>didn't liked

fuck off spic
>>
Cynthia isn't that great, you only like her cause she looks goth.
Gen V is the best gen, and lopunny is my favorite mon
/vp/ is the reason i even came back to pokemon in the first place
i love every mon, and i honestly think that hating/forgetting any mon is some plebian shit
i love this board, fuck it, i love this website
>>
>>25784938

But it's just a boring, plain, fox. It wouldn't even be popular if not for it's evolution gimmick and furbait appeal
>>
My favorite cross gen evos are electivire, magmortar, and rhyperior. I fully acknowledge that the last two are ugly but that's why I love them so much. Magmortar is just as ugly as magmar and then gain sweet ass cannons that are also unhindered hands. Rhyperior is just ballin. Electivire isn't ugly at all unlike the abomination that is electabuzz. Elecrabuzz's anime cry is cool and I can appreciate its stripes but it's just ugly. When it evolves it gains kick ass twin tails.

Also black and white were amazing and I hated BW2.
>>
>>25760598
Bruce Dickinson is best
>>
>>25779206
Fuck, that looks great
>>
>>25765452
Perfect taste.
>>
>>25770455
I'm stealing this way of explaining it.
>>
I think that XY having that big gap in adventure and plot between the 1st and 2nd gyms was the best thing GF has ever thought to do.

I think the reason Gens 1 and 2 work better than the others is because there's no real emphasis on story. You are just a kid adventuring out and trying to become the pokemon master.
>>
I have no real problems with anything. There's stuff I'm eh about but I just love the series as a whole.
>>
>>25786100
>cannons that are also unhindered hands
How? I can't picture him holding anything.
>>
>>25785614
>the pokemon literally called "the evolution pokemon" wouldn't be popular if it wasn't about evolution
Some brain gymnastics you're doing right here anon.
>>
>>25759584
>I liked all the water routes in hoenn , what I didnt liked was the bad pokemon selection in those routes
Could you explain yourself? What about them do you like? There's nothing there to like. It's just rocks, water, and trainers that are easy to avoid, all in a straight line.

Anyway, I dislike most things in Pokemon that aren't closely related to catching and battling. Some examples:
Big obtrusive stories
Contests
Following Pokemon(although if it was expanded on, I might like it more)
Amie
Trainer customization

Of course, the games aren't made specifically for me, so I'm not upset that they include such features.

Even though I don't like most of these features, the underground in DPP was very fun for me, even though it was barebones as fuck. I'd like to see it return with more functionality, and maybe some way to encounter Pokemon underground or another way that it could interact with the main game.
>>
I like Goo.dras design and hate /vp/s knee-jerk reaction that stops any actual criticism and just devolves into "goofeg pls go"
I think that /vp/ focuses too much on memes that have no staying power. We look less at "Hoenn confirmed" where you could get milage, and instead have "Never Ever" which has very little you can do with it.
The anime is tired and needs to be euthanized.
XY was pretty fun, even if it wasn't the best.
>>
>>25785522
I had the opposite experience with Typhlosion. Really disliked it as a child because of its simplicity I did the same with Charizard, but at least that was a dragon but grew to appreciate its aesthetics more and more over time.
>>
Most of the cross-gen evolutions are awesome from both a design and gameplay standpoint.

Every single NPC constantly telling you how incredible and special you are and how YOUR friendship is the MOST SPECIAL friendship is the worst trend in Pokémon, followed closely by the completely castrated difficulty curve.

Pokémon games are better and more engaging the less story they have. I firmly believe this is why so many people still replay HGSS; they give the feeling of being a single kid on an adventure in a big world that you and your story are only a small part of, which is how Pokémon is supposed to feel.

Every evil team from Galactic on has been a stupid plot gimmick that would be better replaced with other story elements. "Plas-bad" is great though.

Scald is the worst single element ever introduced to the singles metagame, and the repeated refusal to suspect it has made me lose a lot of respect for Smogon's tiering councils.

American Psycho is a fantastic movie.

Megas are an interesting gameplay feature but their inclusion was not worth how much they're going to limit future games.

Fug, garybombing and >klk are hilarious.

Starting a thread with the phrase "now that the dust has settled" should get you a weeklong autoban.
>>
>>25792648
>Fug, garybombing and >klk are hilarious.
They are the only remotely funny things that have come out of this shithole.
>Starting a thread with the phrase "now that the dust has settled" should get you a weeklong autoban.
Agreed.

>but their inclusion was not worth how much they're going to limit future games.
I don't know. It really depends how GF will handle it and they haven't handled anything like it before. There's no precedent for a gameplay element like that so it's all up in the air. I really like megas but their implementation especially going forward definitely needs work. However, at the same time I feel like people have been bandwagon hating on them/whining like old men about them a bit too much. Mostly the latter.
>>
Gen 4 is really not slow, and I cannot understand people who say it is. I'm playing Platinum right now.
>>
>>25792777
It's the slowest out of all pokemon games, due to the unpolished engine and system limitations. It launched on a completely new system with a bunch of new features and options GF didn't even have the ability to implement before. It was expected honestly.

However, the slowness never really bothered me personally. I can see why people would complain though.
>>
>>25792807
But is "slowest" slow? I really don't know if it is.
>>
>>25792648
>which is how Pokémon is supposed to feel
This is a fallacy. I agree, but it's a fallacy nonetheless.

>Scald is the worst single element ever introduced to the singles metagame
I'm a casual so can you explain? Is it because burn is such a devastating ailment?
>>
>>25759754
This this this. Also,
I love hoenne (not completely unpopular but not including other hoennebabbys it gets shit on a lot)
I'm not literally psy/golduck.
My favorite Pokemon is cloyster. I post in every 'show your fave' thread and I've never had another anon say it's there favorite too or seen anyone else post it as theirs.
I love charizard
I love the fairy type and I like megas
>>
>>25792998
Uhh idk why there's a trip, I don't even have one.
>>
>>25793013
It's just a randomly generated name. 4chan became googlechan for april 1st.
>>
File: image.gif (236 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
236 KB, 500x500
>>25793013
>>25792998
Lol forgot what day it was I'm hungover as shit hahaha.
>>
>>25792998
>My favorite Pokemon is cloyster
Great taste. It's not my favourite but it's probably in my top 10 and definitely in my top 20.
>>
>>25770671
The plot is shit, yeah, but I like knowing the canon so I understand the world building better. Honestly, Pokemon has some of the most fun worldbuilding and lore. Pokemon slice of life a best.
>>
>>25767089

Pokemon Colosseum. The first one to take place in Orre.

I mean, it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's edgy by pokemon standards.
>>
>>25770201

>People hating popular things.

Part of it's a defense mechanism. The degenerates are always the loudest--or seem that way, at least. And the more popular something is, the more degenerates will like it by virtue of just plain having more people like it. And normal people don't want to be associated with those degenerates. So they do what they can to separate themselves from them, at the cost of deciding to hate something they could have liked. Liking something just isn't worth the risk of becoming a social outcast, especially if it were something they were neutral towards to begin with. Neutrality becomes hate, like becomes neutrality, love gets stored in the closet. Or should I say PC box?

I know that's only one part of it, though. I just can't think of the others at the moment.
>>
>>25793195
>Pokemon slice of life a best
God yes.
Imagine a harvest moon-like pokemon game
>>
File: 1458341630042.png (57 KB, 148x155) Image search: [Google]
1458341630042.png
57 KB, 148x155
>>25786975
I know. And so is yours too, my familia
>>
>>25792648
I agree with the first three completely.

Hoenn's Teams were much worse than Galactic and Plasma though.

Agree on Megas completely.

>Starting a thread with the phrase "now that the dust has settled" should get you a weeklong autoban

Yes
>>
>>25792648
>Every evil team from Galactic on has been a stupid plot gimmick that would be better replaced with other story elements. "Plas-bad" is great though.
Hoenn's teams were the worst though.
Galactic had the best admins as well as the funniest grunts.
Plasma was meh, but still not too bad.
Flare I don't have a complete opinion since I'm now starting to play throuhg XY.
>>
>>25769323
Yanma was one of the few bug types I liked at the time and I think Yanmega was a nice improvement. The prehistoric design looks great, the colors are good, the stat increase was needed and the shiny is just as beautiful as shiny Yanma.
>>
>>25759584
>didn't liked

you're a retard.
>>
>>25759676
>doesn't like battle facilities

I agree.
>>
>>25760570
you sound like an enormous faggot.
>>
>>25764338
now here's an upopular opinion
>>
>>25769889
everybody dislikes greninja

fucking look at him
>>
A lot of talk of EVs and IVs here, and it made me think, when did Pokemon become properly competitive? What gen really started all the theorycrafting and the big following?
Also, how were IVs and EVs maxxed/worked out in gen2?
>>
Gen 1 has aged horribly, and generation 2 is the best Gen.
Gen 4 sucks.
I have never played X or Y, and I have never felt the need to.
>>
>>25760031
confirmed for hating comfy music
>>
>>25795369
>when did Pokemon become properly competitive? What gen really started all the theorycrafting and the big following?
Gen 4. The physical/special split actually made it possible for pokemon of the same type to serve different roles in a team. Also introduction of the wifi connection with the DS.

I was there when it all kinda took off around 2008-09. Gen 4 towards the end definitely had the best meta in my opinion. Stopped playing right around the end of Gen 5.
>>
>>25769959
>>25791741
Not OP and I'm a little late, but perhaps I can give you some perspective as to why someone could like the water routes.
These are just my personal subjective reasons of course and I understand why people hated the water routes, but I loved them.

While I like all regions, Hoenn is my favorite. One of the reasons for that is that it was the region which introduced the concept of "varied environments" in the franchise. But the main reason I like Hoenn is that adventure feeling it has:
Descending through the isolated Jagged Pass, listening to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epGZjJmDotM as you get out of the Meteor Falls, etc.
One of my favorite moments of the series is when you reach the nice Fortree City, and finally get out of that jungle after all the rain of the dense route 119, suddenly the undergrowth opens to the clear route 120 and this starts to sound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y71w6N8HK_Q

For me, the water routes just added more to the adventuring feel of Hoenn. For the first time in the franchise (and practically only) it felt like you were actually lost in a decently big sea.
When you finally reached places like Mossdeep it felt like you earned that.
And I love wasting time exploring the routes and diving in all the places I could find to see where or what it would get me. Diving is probably my favorite side-thing to do in a pokemon game, and technically only Hoenn has done it.
>>
>>25796980
>cont
I admit it lacked the variety of the rest of the region, in both environment and pokemon, but I used repels for the last so I never minded too much. I understand it's a negative for many, but honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal: I hated more that the day-night cycle was removed.

I'm sorry if this is too long but I wanted to convey properly why I loved the water routes to answer you properly.
For the record, the thing that made me love Sinnoh as a region were the snow routes. It gave me the same feeling of being lost in an adventure. Tedious, yes, but boy when you finally made it to Acuity Lakefront and Snowpoint City, that felt very rewarding.
Like you can relax now etc.
I also liked the Sinnoh's 212 and everyone seems to hate it. I guess, when I get immersed in a game I like to take both the good and the bad in my mind, because it wouldn't feel "realistic" otherwise, and let's be honest, the bad things in life is what makes us appreciate the good moments of it.

Sorry again for writing too much.
tl;dr: I guess I'm a masochist?
>>
>>25759584
I actually liked XY.
I don't understand why Feraligatr is so popular, always seemed somewhat ugly to me.
>>
File: Overjoyed.png (36 KB, 161x162) Image search: [Google]
Overjoyed.png
36 KB, 161x162
>>25759584
Gen 3 is best gen
Articuno is the best legendary bird
Dragonair>Dragonite
Kris is best girl
>>
File: tumblr_ll8y45LHj41qfz5j8o1_500.png (262 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ll8y45LHj41qfz5j8o1_500.png
262 KB, 500x439
>>25793805
>>
Lysandre is my favorite character and I'm bitter that Z isn't happening to possibly show a little more of him and the rest of Team Flare.
>>
File: XY_Shauna.png (137 KB, 259x599) Image search: [Google]
XY_Shauna.png
137 KB, 259x599
>>25759584
Shauna is one of my favorite rivals
Not just because I want to dick her
>>
File: Manon.png (289 KB, 700x826) Image search: [Google]
Manon.png
289 KB, 700x826
With the exception of Swampert, the Water-type final starter is consistently mediocre.
Walking Pokémon was a neat gimmick but I don't care that it's gone.
Team Plasma is the best villainous team. Team Rocket is overrated, but still second best.
There are more problems with the execution of Pokémon's "formula" than its fundamentals (grass/fire/water, gyms, villains).
XY's "rivals" were a step in the right direction. Provided that, unlike XY's group, they weren't completely one dimensional and had interactions with you that didn't just amount to constantly sucking your metaphorical dick, I would be glad to see a group of familiar, interesting, dynamic characters as I go through a region rather than running into the same asshole. Of course, friends and assholes aren't exclusive.

Pokémon is a fundamentally noncompetitive game, where the only opportunity for skilled play is in the metagame of prediction, and skilled play is undermined by the game's severe balance issues and heavily impactful RNG elements (RNG is not bad, but the player should have to invest in expecting it in their favor. The idea that basic mechanics such as defensive buffs cannot be relied on because there is always a 1/16 chance that your own investment will be completely worthless, without any investment by your opponent towards this chance, is completely contrary to serious game design).
For reasons including and beyond the above points, Game Freak is a shit developer and the Pokémon IP is wasted on them.
>>
>>25760598
>three eeveeloutions
Kill yourself
>>
Team Rocket is the worst team.
>>
>>25800267
>There are more problems with the execution of Pokémon's "formula" than its fundamentals
Are you referring to the competitive scene here or to something else?
>>
>>25759850
GS and HGSS just have a really long start because you have to pick up that shitty egg a town and a half route away and bring it back, so you end up going back and forth at minimum 3 times.
>>
>>25765567
he is a pokemon you IDIOT
>>
>>25782770
>battle music is unremarkable
>proceeds to remark on the battle music
bro
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.