[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We know that a female protagonist option was planned for Red
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: vlcsnap-7210343.png (668 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-7210343.png
668 KB, 640x480
We know that a female protagonist option was planned for Red and Green, but was cut before release. Because of this, it is highly possibly that the same was true for Gold and Silver, at least during the initial planning phase, which would finally come to fruition in Crystal.

The Advanced Generation anime series replaced Misty with May, the female protagonist from the Ruby and Sapphire games.

Where am I going with this?
Casey appeared in the second episode of the Johto arc, and bears a striking resemblance to the female protagonist from Crystal. I am therefore hypothesising that perhaps she was based on a scrapped Gold/SIlver female protagonist design (which would later be implemented in Crystal), leading me to the further hypothesis that she could have potentially been slated to replace Misty as the female travelling companion for the Johto arc. However, the replacement of Brock with Tracey in the previous arc was met with negative reception, therefore they may have seen the replacement of Misty as a bad idea, and ultimately decided to shove Casey into the background. This wouldn't be the only thing they shelved during Johto, as the GS Ball plot-line was shelved in favour of the Celebi movie; the Johto movies originally having been slated to be about Entei, Suicune and Raikou. Suicune was still in the fourth movie, and elements from the scrapped Raikou film probably made it into the Raikou special.

While the switching of Misty for Casey as a main cast member is probably ultimately not that likely, I think there is quite a reasonably likelihood that Casey's design is based upon that of Kris, who was originally planned (or at least designed) for Gold and Silver.

Discuss. Also Weird-Ass Theory General.
>>
>>25751775
That is a good theory m8
>>
>>25751775
My name is Casey and I'm a dude, so if Casey was the female protagonist I could've played as her and felt slightly less gay than normal.
That's my theory.
>>
I always assumed she was supposed to be the anime version of Kris. That blue hair with the pigtails and her recurring appearances seemed like a dead giveaway for that.

Also, I think that when they finally decide to retire Ash they will do a movie or big story arc with Ho-Oh. They never did a proper movie or story arc with it, and Ash has seen it several times that inspired him to keep going. Starting his journey after that crazy storm where he and Pikachu got fucked by Spearow, when he decided to go to Hoenn after bombing the Silver Conference, and after he got his ass beat by the Pyramid King.
>>
I honestly wish. Casey was such a cool character and having her cheering at the League matches would have been too good
>>
>>25752050
>implying they will ever retire Ash
>>
File: beta_kris_for_ants.png (16 KB, 126x114) Image search: [Google]
beta_kris_for_ants.png
16 KB, 126x114
Kris was probably originally designed without her hat so it would make sense if Casey's design was at least based off of her at some point during development, assuming she was either scrapped entirely in GS or Crystal's development began pretty soon after or during the tail end of GS.
>>
File: snapshot20160329155756.jpg (70 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20160329155756.jpg
70 KB, 640x480
>tfw we could have had glorious Casey for Johto
>mfw we got stuck with Shitsty for another 100+ episodes instead
>>
>>25752050
>>25752127
HAVE NO FEARS WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.