[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't played pokemon since generation I. I will get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
I haven't played pokemon since generation I.

I will get Pokemon Sun and Moon.
What the fuck can I do to anticipate all the new stuff.
Types, natures, holding items, how do I get started
>>
Play Gen V. That's all you need to do.

Play BBVW/BBVW2 if you want all 649 Pokemon

Gen VI doesn't exist
>>
Even though it was easy, I honestly think X/Y is your best bet. A lot of the mechanics are easier to understand in that Gen, I can see beginners liking that.
>>
>>25681285
Honestly, one of the things you can do is marathon the other games, Gen 2 through 6. Basically catch up on everything you've missed.

For the early generations (2 and 3, I don't recommend for 4 and up but you can try, 6 is impossible) I suggest emulation. Unless, of course, you want to buy all the games, and for Gen 2 and 3, compatible hardware. The benefit of physical hardware is that starting with Gen 3 you can move your Pokemon to the next generation via some mechanic, but Gen 2 doesn't enjoy that feature.

For that reason, if you're going with physical hardware I still recommend emulating Gen 2, and grabbing a DS Lite to play Gen 3 on and transfer mons up to Gen 4 with.
>>
Agreeing with the anon about X/Y. Gen R/B/Y are pretty simple honestly, and X/Y is sorta in that same vain. Plus it'll introduce ya to all the new stuff without making it overwhelming. Discovering new Pokemon is fun as heck, & there's plenty of Gen 1 familiarity to it.

After that you could try heart gold/soul silver, which are remakes of gold/silver, which came out right after R/B/Y
>>
If you're just looking for something fun to play, HeartGold/SoulSilver.

If you want to check out the new Pokemon and get into online battling and stuff, get X/Y.
>>
>>25681292
V would probably scare him off Pokemon, though. With all the new designs and an actual story.

Play X/Y, OP. Its perfect for oldgenners to get the gist of modern Pokemon. You even get a Kanto starter.
>>
File: 1358449298507.jpg (78 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1358449298507.jpg
78 KB, 500x333
>>25681285
You could just go in with what you have and take in the entirely new experience. That's probably what I would do.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.