[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Either someone claimed that Toys R Us triggered them or someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: no tru for u.png (637 KB, 931x567) Image search: [Google]
no tru for u.png
637 KB, 931x567
Either someone claimed that Toys R Us triggered them or someone complained to corporate about that "children ONLY" thing they did with promo TCG cards last time.

Either way, they seriously don't want adult Pokemon fans with MONEY coming into that store.
>>
>>25676880

When I was a kid I used to go to those. They always let in adults. The adults would always do cool things like trade you a Charizard for something stupid like a pikachu.

Maybe they wanted to diddle me I dont know but I didnt think it was a problem.
>>
What was that about them recognizing the adult audience again?
>>
>>25676952
>The adults would always do cool things like trade you a Charizard for something stupid like a pikachu.
I do that at the Pokemon League myself and my friends go to. If kids come in with shit or no cards we'll give them some promos or something. Kids think it's awesome to get a card with a shiny picture on it.

It makes the kid happy and their parent thanks you and usually chats with you. It's cool.

>>25676978
This is Toys R Us saying it. That little "actually intended for children" thing is them saying "we don't want you here but we got in trouble for turning adults away last time"
>>
>>25676880
Well, it was down to the stores enforcing it last time. Plenty of stores were just fine giving whoever a card. I honestly think that's there just so if an adult is being a creep or otherwise causes issues, they have some justification to tell them to go away.
>>
Just take your nephew with you or something, shit.
>>
>>25676995
>they have some justification to tell them to go away.
They don't need a "rule" to send a troublemaker out of a store. That's just something that happens when you disturb people.

>>25677004
I haven't done the cards since BW. I just found it funny that even though they said "adult collectors too!" they had to add in a little "but we don't actually want you here" note.
>>
>>25676952
>Maybe they wanted to diddle me I dont know but I didnt think it was a problem.
I guess adults are free to diddle your weedle as long as they got shiny cards to bribe you with.
>>
>>25677004
My brothers and sister died as babies, thanks. I survived with scarred lungs and epilepsy.
>>
>>25677019
True. But being able to say something like "This event is intended for children, sir. I'm going to have to ask you to leave, please." looks and sounds better as far as PR goes though.
>>
>>25677056
>"This event is intended for children" is likely what's made them have to add "adults are welcome too!" in the first place. I would say someone got pissy and reported a store since one store was bound to turn people away.
>>
>>25677081
Probably, but this way they look open to adults because most stores really don't care, but they still have something to go on if someone causes issues and they need it.
It covers their asses both ways is what I'm saying.
>>
>>25677053
Take one of your friends kids.
>inb4 I have no friends
>>
>>25676952
I lol'd
>>
>>25676993
I honestly think this is why reverse holos are a thing, because kids love them even though they aren't worth anything.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.