[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Changes to Pokémon you want to see in Sun & Moon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: Roxie SFW (99).jpg (301 KB, 850x761) Image search: [Google]
Roxie SFW (99).jpg
301 KB, 850x761
In this thread, discuss what you want to see added or removed from Pokémon in the upcoming games, Sun & Moon.

Try to keep it civil, and discuss your ideas reasonably.
>>
>a hard mode that offers completely new teams and perfect IV/EV trained AI
>more TMs
>bring back TMs that were removed from previous games
>pokemon have a bigger, more varied learnset
>move tutors have a wider selection of moves
>gym leaders with non-monotype rematch/hard mode teams
>>
Easy Mode.

And by that, I simply mean, rather than making the games in general easier (cough-Gen 6-cough), make them about as hard as Gen 4 and 5 were. Not too challenging for seasoned players, but with a reasonable difficulty curve, and a challenging Champion battle.

Then, give Easy Mode as an option for the kids/Mobile audience that they talked abut in regards to dumbing down Gen 6.

That way, regular/older players get their actual Pokémon games, and the retards in the fanbase can fly through on Easy Mode.

Then, instead of a Hard Mode (People have done self-imposed challenges for years, so no need to waste time on an actual Hard Mode) just make the Post Game actually challenging. Give us something like White Tree Hollow/ Black City Tower again.
>>
All IV's should be defaulted to 15 when playing online, no matter what.

There, I just solved the problem. GF still gets their "every Pokémon is unique" during the main game, and players can battle online without feeling hindered by imperfect Pokémon, having to waste hours to solve that, or cheating.

This would even work fine with transferred Pokémon from Gen 1.

I would really like to hear why this wouldn't be a perfect solution for literally every type of player, and Game Freak themselves. Because it sounds perfect to me.
>>
I want...a real adventure. None of this badges and league crap. Just fighting some bad guys. It would also be nice to see more enemies reach full potential, having a full team of 6 with a Mega, and have it be diverse. I would also like for junk to just all around make sense.
>>
File: shit saitama.png (216 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
shit saitama.png
216 KB, 600x338
>>25662283
>hard mode
>every gym leader and Trainer worth shit uses HP for coverage
>mfw
>>
>>25662395
This. It's all I want in a Pokemon game.
>>
Nature Capsule
IV Max Capsule
IV Min Capsule
Like a legal power saves
>>
Do away with the withdraw/deposit options on the Pokemon storage box and just use the Organize boxes option.

There's no point in either of those when you can just pick organize boxes which let's you arrange your party and box Pokemon freels instead of having to switch between depositing and withdrawing. This is the good kind of streamlining.
>>
>>25662516
Freely*
>>
Remove IVs
I hate them so much. They're so counter to the message Pokemon tries to push of "Every Pokemon can be great with love etc" when you can point at two Pokemon and one is objectively worse than the other
>>
The ability to devolve Pokemon.

Which in turn leadsignal to an episode where Ash'so Pikachu becomes a Raichu temporarily and then turns back.
>>
File: 1456860642290.png (472 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1456860642290.png
472 KB, 600x700
>>25662283
>gym leaders with non-monotype rematch
fuck no this is the one i disagree strongly
i don't want another dp shitfest where the electric leader uses a fucking octillery and ambipom
if you are a electric gym leader, you use electric mons, end of the story
>>
File: Beedrill 1.jpg (107 KB, 800x662) Image search: [Google]
Beedrill 1.jpg
107 KB, 800x662
IVs can be increased (or decreased) with Battle Facility items.
EVs can be accumulated in a pool of 252 for each stat and freely reassigned outside of battle at any time (still maintaining the cap of 510 total assigned).

Eviolite is removed from the game.
Everstones are reworked to boost all the stats of an unevolved Pokémon by 33% when held (excluding HP).

Many Pokémon have their base stats buffed and/or reworked, especially the pre-Gen IV Pokémon that got screwed by the Physical/Special split.
>>
>>25662557
I actually wouldn't mind this at all.

Pre-evos already got some love recently with eviolite, this could be useful if you changed your mind about a Pokemon that has alternate evolution path such as Politoad/Poliwrath, Gardevoir/Gallade, Vileplume/Bellosom etc.
>>
>>25662557
This actually has precedent, you and your partner temporarily jump to your top level evolution for a few fights in Super Mystery dungeon, and go back to normal afterwards.
>>
>option for higher difficulty
>more TMs and from previous gens
>underground mining from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
>A Poison legendary
>>
see >>25659968
>>
>>25662557
What harm could one more page out of Digimon's book do?
>>
File: Get_a_load.jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load.jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>25662580
>mfw people actually disliked Volkner in DP
That's why the non-monotype team would just be for postgame or hard mode. You can solo the gym with a ground-type your first time around, but if you want a real challenge, then you'll have to build a proper team.

You can't make a monotype boss hard unless you rip a page from Rejuvenation and introduce game-changing features like field effects.
>>
Evolve during battle like in the Ashime
>>
>>25662836
>what is coverage moves
>>
>>25662283
This and more subquests that span throughout the game like the lost xtransciever and shit.
Also give every important battle theme (gym leader, ET leader, last rival battle, champion, etc) a low HP mix, and the music playing gets even faster so you know that shit is hitting the fan.
>>
>>25662230
Bianca is THICK
>>
>>25662790
Fuck me, that'd be golden.
>>
>>25662836
>introduce game-changing features like field effects
Speaking of which more varieties of weather/terrain/Geo Effects would be neat.
Ones that are actually impactful, not weak shit like the current Terrain moves.
>>
>>25662836
Have him open with Sticky Web/Compound Eyes Thunder Galvantula
Mega Manectric
Give all his mons HP ice
Give him a Rotom/Emolga/Eelektross (assuming we're not letting them have legendaries so no Zapdos)
Have Gym leaders actually have the AI to donk your obvious moves (switching to Rotom if you're obviously about to EQ)
>>
Post hatching/catching IV manipulation. Just think of the hundreds of duds wiped out of existence just for that one you are looking for.
>>
File: s2533.jpg (92 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
s2533.jpg
92 KB, 960x960
>>25662230
- Optional sidequests to grant you Pokemon you can't find in the wild, Mega Stones, TMs and nice items. Master Ball needs to be earned through a sidequest too. Something more complex that "bring all your Pokemon with HM and solve a little overworld puzzle".
- Hard mode in which all gym leaders have 6 Pokemon, a smart IA and not treating you with kid gloves.
- This >>25662547. Remove eugenics.
- Two or more save slots.
>>
>>25662847
I know. I listed wider learnset as a change I'd want. But you could still cheese through a monotype gym leader with whatever moves he's weak against. Volkner could have an Elektross, but not every type has the benefit of an ability that eliminates all its weaknesses.

How about this: The gym leader has a 2:1 ratio of mons that are and aren't his main type. The secondary mons would have main-type attacks and moves that benefit the main type mons in his team. I thought that would've been implied but I guess not.
>>
File: plebs.jpg (42 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
plebs.jpg
42 KB, 400x462
>>25662942
>Two or more save slots.
For literally what purpose not already achieved by global trading or the Bank
>>
>>25662979
One for having the Living Dex and another for Nuzlocke challenges.
>>
>>25662230
>Higher difficulty other than Set battle style, more intelligent AI
>decisions made in the game that affect the story
>longer story that isn't garbage (not pointing fingers)
>better social/online interactions, I think supersecretbases was a good start.
>more interesting npcs
>gym/trainer rematches
>a reason other than competitive to keep playing the game
>more differences between the 2 versions, where one is lighthearted while the other has a bit of a dark theme.
>better evil organisation(s)
>or no evil organisation, but you have a chance to start your own, I'm thinking vice city
>chance to start game with a random egg
>great pokegirls
>ability to set age or to begin the game as a grown ass man

I'll be happy with whatever comes desu
>>
To have an adaptable IA for Gym Leader rematches, kinda like Sm4sh Amiibos. Each time you beat them, they learn to counter your strategy for the next time you challenge them.
>>
I WANT SEX AND GUN
>>
File: sarcasm.png (93 KB, 329x218) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.png
93 KB, 329x218
>>25662990
Why not just buy both versions?
>>
>>25663045
I don't want to pay the double for the same experience.
>>
File: laughing shitlords.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
laughing shitlords.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
>>25662996
>no evil organisation, but you have a chance to start your own, I'm thinking vice city
You know we're talking about Pokémon, right?
>>
File: 1440370842571.png (61 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
1440370842571.png
61 KB, 1000x664
>>25662230
Something akin to the friend safari to widen/more easily provide varied pokemon and HA.
Expanded trainer custimization-maybe even allow accessories on pokemon
Expand the move pool to aid the currently neglected types//alow more types to be relevant IE Grass as an example.
Touch up more older pokemon's stats, give old legendaries signature moves msybe too(those lacking one)
Even more aid to breeding cause hey, even the world champ hacks/ed
End game content, more of it.
>>
If they bring back the stupid friend group thing like in XY then give us a waifu/husbando dating sim ala Personal and FE. Then make them useful by letting us call on themy for double battles for something like the Battle Tower.
>>
>>25662230
is cheren a lolicon?
>>
File: you_would_love_it.png (552 KB, 819x464) Image search: [Google]
you_would_love_it.png
552 KB, 819x464
>>25663065
I'm just saying that the opportunity to make some poke on the side would be nice instead of having to grind the E4 over and over.
>>
>>25663265
Add something like nugget mining then.
>>
Friend safari is retarded, bring back swarms.
>>
>>25663265
This is why I liked the restaurants in X/Y, good exp+GREAT dosh
>>
>>25663604
I want an actual gen 1/4 style Safari again.

X/Y was decent for pass-time Shiny Hunting, but OR/AS's """""""""""safari""""""""""" was an abomination. Was literally just a route. No entry fee, no special/limited balls, or anything. Just some mediocre Gen 1 Pokémon like Psyduck, and some TM's.

Game Freak need to stop worrying about kids finding things hard. Challenges are a natural thing to want to overcome.
>>
i've spoken about this before but i think a huge problem with pokemon is the way trainer encounters are handled.

instead of having static trainers stand around at the same points all day, trainers actually roam to and from cities. you'd get encounter different trainers that along routes, maybe certain trainers would be there at a certain type of day or whatever. maybe as you progress through the game the trainers return to the original routes with stronger pokemon.

im tired of knowing exactly where trainers are going to show up and that if i walk four paces to the left i can avoid their line of sight.
this gives the game the oppourtunity to use events like, having a particular trainer show up in the same area as certain rare pokemon because he's a pokemon collector or whatever.
think back to BW when people would walk around in castelia city, something like that (but with a lot less people and more movement that just a straight line obviously) would make the game perfect
>>
>>25662996
>>or no evil organisation, but you have a chance to start your own, I'm thinking vice city
Whoa slow down there, champ-to-be.
This IS Pokémon, you know?
>>
>>25663798
you made an interesting point that got me thinking. Instead of getting rid of the stationary npcs altogether, what if they added the ability for players to join eachothers game in real time where you could walk up to people and request a battle with them? That would be kinda cool
>>
Move tutors
Move tutors
Move tutors
Need I say more? I don't want to wait for a third game to be able to teach my Pokemon certain moves.
>>
>>25664038
like a dark souls kinda thing?
sounds neat
>>
>>25664094
yeah that's exactly what i was thinking about, except for the part where you have no say in getting roundhouse raped by someone much higher leveled than you. It would be nice to accept/decline battles if you're just starting the game.
>>
>>25664038
They actually did that in BW, too bad it was only wireless.
>>
>>25662312

IV breeding is not that hard, I've bred a 5 iv solosis in 45 and I didn't even have a 6 iv ditto. It's more tedious breeding egg moves onto a pokemon and then ev training them than it is to iv breed

How would hidden power work online? Would each pokemon only have one hidden power? People would need to breed ingame for the certain IVs for a typing.

It's also not always beneficial to have max IV teams. For instance why would you have attack IVs on a special sweeper when they can be hit by foul play? Trick room teams can also run 0IV on speed as to stay slower than pokemon that would have matched them in speed.
>>
Get rid of Mega shit
>>
>>25664991
Never happening. If you dislike it that much, you should honestly just quit the franchise, you wont be enjoying it anymore.

Not even trying to sound mean, just being brutally honest.
>>
>>25664085
Well, a third game is probably not happening anymore, but I agree Move Tutors should be in the first set of games, and not held back to the second.

But lets face it, its a selling point, there's a reason they hold the Tutors back.
>>
>>25664379
It's not hard, but it's tedious and not at all fun.
And did you read him saying the IVs could vary in singleplayer? Simply base the hidden power on that.
>>
>>25663798
I'd like this.

X/Y pushed for more realistic Trainers at some points I guess. But only minor things, your ideas are good.
>>
A system similar to rifts or greater rifts in diablo. Random trainers that you can battle and loot a chest of goodies at the end.
This way you could make it easier/more fun to obtain items like assault vest and other wearables. Clothing for your character, money, balls, other design items, ...
The environment could be randomly generated with some puzzels in them. Maybe make some preset bosses (6 pokemon, 1 mega, different types, level = level of your highest pokemon) and generate the rest with either entirely randomly generated pokemon or make a set of preset pokemon (1400+).

Also dont make it possible to soft reset battles. Dont punish with money loss or anything as the system should encourage to try your limits. Just let the rift fail or reduce the reward more and more with each death.

You could even implement this into the story with some kind of different dimensions coliding.
>>
Aside from the things that have been said a million times over by everyone like no IVs and key item HMs, just a few.

>Fix the GTS. Too many retard kids asking for a L1 Mew for their Zigzagoon
>Bring back the B/W scaling XP, as it made swapping party members out feasible. I don't want to reset my save to use more than six 'Mons on a runthrough
>Retcon Gale Wings. Bravest Bird singlehandedly deleted every Bug but Scizor from competitive play. Chandelure had its HA taken away after Gen V, get rid of Talonflame's. One Pokemon should not invalidate an entire type
>Gen V Megas, particularly Leavanny and Whimsicott
>Minigames aside from Contests, more side dungeons, essentially more shit to do aside from the plot
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.