[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here having their potential Pokken purchase depend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1449566589614.jpg (499 KB, 1994x1496) Image search: [Google]
1449566589614.jpg
499 KB, 1994x1496
Anyone else here having their potential Pokken purchase depend entirely on DLC/secret characters?

If you're going to sell a game built more around fan service then gameplay, the fan service has to actually appeal to me. There isn't a single pokemon in Pokken I feel very passionate about playing as. A lot of other people seem to hate the roster as well, so I'd like to hear your thoughts as well. I'm hoping to god you can unlock an Ursaring or something and Nintendo is keeping that under wraps until release day with non-disclosure agreements.
>>
>>25601451
Listen mate, there are over 700 Pokémon. There was no possible way they were going to be able to fit in everybody's favorite.

They did a good job mixing the obvious favorites (Zard, Chomp, Lucario, Mewtwo) with some more obscure gems like Braixen and Suicune and Weavile.

Then, again, the side-roster had obvious choices like Umbreon, and then some lesser gems like Quagsire.

They did everything they could to make the selection as varied and inclusive as possible to as many Pokémon fans, because the more Pokémon fans they appeal too, the more money they get.

You are clearly in the vast minority o people who didn't get any Pokémon they wanted in the game, and that's ok. But you have to appreciate their efforts, and maybe find at least one Pokémon in the game you may enjoy playing as?

And if you really can't enjoy the game with the current roster, then by all means wait for possible DLC.

That's honestly all there really is to discuss on the matter.
>>
Going to make a list of pokemon right now that I would main, and would would make me buy the game right now.

Blastoise
Dodrio
Meganium
Ursaring
Shiftry
Skuntank
Pyroar

This is a list of honorable mentions, these guys wouldn't make me go and buy the game right now, but a few of them being added would be enough to make me do it.

Claydol
Flygon
Bastiodon
Drapion
Lickilicky
Serperior
Whimsicott
Chesnaught
Aurorus
>>
>>25601510

I know they couldn't fit in everyone's favorite. It makes perfect sense to me why and I won't shit on the game too much for it. Though we all know a second Mewtwo and a second Pikachu kind of shits on this but you know, whatever.

My main point is that there are no doubt a ton of people who are going to buy/not buy depending on the roster. This was true for the base roster, and its true for whoever they add after release, which in 2016, is bound to be at least a few pokemon. If I don't really care to main any of the guys in Pokken then I'm just not going to buy it, its that simple. Not for 60 dollars anyways. My favorite pokemon in the game right now is Weavile, I also like Blaziken and Mewtwo, but that's about it. They could instantly get my purchase with one good character.
>>
>>25601539
>Though we all know a second Mewtwo and a second Pikachu kind of shits on this but you know, whatever.
Oh absolutely. Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre could easily have just been Alt. Costumes, they didn't need their own movesets and slots in the roster.

Aside from those two though, I think they did a good job trying to make the roster as varied as possible. Could have done with 2 or 4 more Pokémon, but what can you do?

And fair enough. I have a few Pokémon I am interested in playing as, but I am also wary of the price and if it is currently worth it.

>>25601512
Of this list, I feel like only Blastoise is popular enough to warrant being added to the game.

You also have to remember that with DLC, the Pokémon HAVE to be high-demand fan-favorites, because only the more hardcore fans will be paying for EXTRA content, and you're going to wanna' entice as many as possible. Blastoise is a Genwun Starter, and the cover mascot to Blue, alongside Charizard/Red, so it has a strong chance of being added. But all those other Pokémon seem pretty niche.
>>
>>25601451
>buying a fighting game that requires the use of two consoles to be played locally at 60fps
>>
>>25601660

Who the fuck am I going to play Pokken with locally anyways? I've played smash locally like twice since it came out.

Any tournament you go to is going to have the LAN setup covered for you already.
>>
>>25601660
>not just playing online
Explain yourself. 2006 was ten years ago fám, there's no excuse to not be able to get online from your home now.

Unless you're playing with some younger siblings, but honestly, who cares about a frame drop in such a scenario.
>>
>>25601510
>did a good job of appealing to as many people as possible
>two gen 3 starters to completely shaft swampert fans
>zard because zard, also zard x
>two mewtwos
>two pikachus
>only two pokemon that could be seen as "obscure" or unpopular chandelure and suicune

Its a miracle that Greninja isn't in it but I'm sure it will be with a previously unannouced mega form, just to give chesnaughtfags and gen2 fags more reason to kill themselves.
>>
>>25601588
>pokemon have to be high demand favorites
The absolute most retarded thing I've ever read. The entire roster doesn't have to be and shouldn't be high demand favorites, thats how you appeal to more than just your "majority" which is significant when you take into consideration how huge pokemon is and how many people would rather use blastoise over zard even if they are "less".

Game freak also has very obvious starter bias, Swampert and Blaziken are more popular than sceptile but aceptile is the one that gets shilled in the gen 3 remakes. Feraligatr is probably the most popular gen 2 starter but its also the one to get shafted in all forms of pokemon media related to gen 2.
>>
File: 1458009034232.png (488 KB, 863x804) Image search: [Google]
1458009034232.png
488 KB, 863x804
Yes, I want to see lopunny kick with splayed fingers and scrunch face
>>
>>25601852
>Feraligatr is probably the most popular gen 2 starter
why does vp believe this. every fucking poll shows Typhlosion as more popular
>>
>>25603174

Produce one of these """"""""polls"""""""" then buddy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.