[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought Pokemon X yesterday. And so far it's a really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: pokemon_x_logo_150dpi.jpg (364 KB, 1200x520) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_x_logo_150dpi.jpg
364 KB, 1200x520
So I bought Pokemon X yesterday.
And so far it's a really good game. It's the first time since G/S that I enjoy a Pokemon game that much.

But why is it that everyone in this game is giving me Items and everything is build around do make it as easy as possible for you?
I'm only at the beginning at the game but I doubt it'll change
>>
File: ceb.jpg (25 KB, 680x445) Image search: [Google]
ceb.jpg
25 KB, 680x445
>>
>>25665517

I know this is bait, and I know this post will be called bait, but I had the opposite experience.

The first half of the game was brutally difficult for me, harder than any Pokemon game in years. Even with the exp share on. This was mostly because my early game team wasn't exactly the best suited for the gym battles. Frogadier evolved into Greninja just in time to take on the fighting gym. Meditite had to rely on confusion for battle because it didn't have force palm yet. Amaura couldn't do shit against the grass gym. I also made a house rule that I wouldn't use the gift pokemon like the Kanto starter, Lucario, and Lapras so that probably has something to do with it.

For the first time in a long time, gym leaders (and even a couple of trainer fights) were actually tough to get through. Then in the last half I added Klefki, Trevenant, and Noivern and with exp share it became a cakewalk.
>>
File: 1457984284881.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1457984284881.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>25665606
Ironic bait is still bait.
if you're really serious git gud
>>
>>25665517

They're intentionally making it easier because of people's increasingly hectic lives, they've admitted that.
>>
>>25666666
Super Satan confirms.
>>
>>25666666
Hi satan
>>
>>25666666

666666 I love this number, because six sixes makes it
>>
>>25666666
all hail satan
>>
>>25666666
congratz but ya shoulda used it on something better
>>
>>25665517
Kids of nowadays are entitled and also dumb.
>>
>>25666666
>satan sexts
>hectic
>heck
>hell

I see it!

Anyway. I think it's less that people have hectic lives (like we live in civil war torn Somalia or some shit) and more that most people are ADD riddled facebook zombies. When the games debuted in the mid/late 90s the internet barely existed and was just a novelty for adults to use when people had it all. No smart phones. No social media. And maybe most of all, 100% of the pokemon fans were children still with the kind of free time to explore and fuck around in the games where now half the audience are adults with limited free time (except you neets).
>>
>>25665517
If you want any of your favorite pokemon for free, including legendaries, just come over to /wfg/ and ask (check the catalog)

Someone will help
>>
It's like a tour of the Pokemon experience honestly. They tried especially hard to get newcomers into the franchise for Gen 6.
>>
I love Pokemon games, and I love the experience of first starting a brand new one. But you are right. The game is incredibly easy. It doesn't get better with the Gen 3 remakes either.

Gen 6 brought some nice features, and some nice looking new Pokes, but it's taking a backstep in difficulty.
It sucks.
My last favorite games were Emerald and Platinum.
I haven't enjoyed Pokemon since, really.
>>
>>25665517
What's your fc?
>>
File: s3231.jpg (43 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
s3231.jpg
43 KB, 720x439
>>25666742
I think the issue is another, though.

It's about people getting tired so easily when things don't come together, we've become less tolerant to frustration, to find another ways, to failure; and became more accustomed to throw a tantrum until other solves their problems than to solve them by themselves.

People has become more complacent and lethargic, and let the machine think for us. People now hates more than ever to think.

I partially agree with you about how we're adults with less time, but, at least for me, even as an adult, I love to put my skills and patience to test in videogames, and that skill helped me a lot to know that "If you don't see a solution, don't be a pussy and keep searching until you find one".

Lack of time is just an escapegoat. In my country, the average person spends about 4 hours using their smartphone.

tl;dr: People love spoonfeeding.
>>
>>25666972
Good post
>>
>>25666666

fucking mega satan makin sure we never get a moderatly challenging game ever again.
>>
>>25666666
Hi Mr. Satan
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>25666666
>>
>>25666666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4
>>
>>25666972
>>25666742
>>25666666
I can see why GameFreak would make these changes but I can't support their decision on making the game easier, especially when the game's region, lore, legendaries, and post-game are so empty and uncharacteristic for a Pokemon game. Making the game easier only made it so you can get through a rough, unpolished, and incomplete game quicker. That being said X and Y was much more gratifying than ORAS, which felt more like a shameless cash-in than a proper remake, especially with emerald features gone.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.