[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay this fucking pokemon is pretty bullshit and honestly fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: banmaterial.png (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
banmaterial.png
52 KB, 250x250
Okay this fucking pokemon is pretty bullshit and honestly fucking contradicts the Special brackets rules in a way.

First of all, Moody is pretty BS, but its not exclusive to Smergle, its not the most broken but it CAN be depending on RNG.

I would have 0 issues with it if it was 2 stages for the decrease instead of 2 for increase and 1 for decrease.

My biggest issue is Dark Void, and why it contradicts the rules in a way.

Darkai is the ONLY pokemon who can learn Dark Void

In fact, he doesnt even learn it, its his SIGNATURE move.

So Darkai is one of the legendaries who is and has been outright banned from rating battles forever, because of both Dark Void, and his ability(which plays off of Dark Void)

So why the fuck is a Pokemon allowed to steal signature moves from a banned legendary, and then allowed to use it in rating battles?

The reason those legendaries are all banned is BECAUSE of their fucking movesets, but here we have a pokemon who can literally have them+moody.

Why is this even allowed? This seems like such a huge oversight?

I really would like the metagame to be better, but with garbage like this its just incredibly frustrating.

Singles hes no problem, in fact id laugh at anyone running him in Singles.

But the most serious format right now is Special, which is Doubles, which Dark Void is incredible with.

Why the fuck cant game freak just patch this garbage and call it day? Just make it impossible to use any pokemon that has Dark Void?
>>
Smergle doesn't have the speed of Darkrai first of all. There are a lot of pokemon who simply outspeed him that can't to Darkrai. Also Darkrai has good special attack, which Smergle does not, and access to Nasty Plot so he was banned for more than just Dark Void.
>>
There are a lot of things that can outspeed smeargle, it's speed really isn't that remarkable at all. Also, moves like fake out and other priority moves really screw it over to begin with. Smeargle may have a huge move pool and moody, yes, but even with boosts it still doesn't hit that hard at all, let alone hard enough to KO anything.
>>
>>25636727
>>25636694
1 good Moody and it starts outspeeding shit.

Or even worse, 2 good moodies, an evasion and then speed.

I get that Darkai is a strong pokemon and does easily outclass smergle.

But Smergles I see are ALWAYS support. It doesnt matter what their SPA or attack is.

My main argument is that Smergle should NOT be allowed to use stolen Signature moves from banned pokemon.

I mean if they get a gravity off, and cant kill the smergle first turn, you are dark voided 100%.
>>
>>25636651
>can't git gud against smeargle
Smogonfags, everyone.
>>
>>25636832
What other resource is their besides smogon? seriously?
>>
>>25636828
Literally ANY slightly fast pokemon with a fighting move destroys Smergle b4 it does anything
>>
>>25636651
Smeargle's only good qualification is its limitless movepool. Take that away and all you've got is a bad normal type. It's not THAT hard to get around...
>>
File: sporelol.png (203 KB, 427x558) Image search: [Google]
sporelol.png
203 KB, 427x558
>Dark Void ;-)
>>
>>25636651
because smeargle has a pathetic bst of 250 with a base speed of 75. relying on the rng of moody isn't an effective strategy. also signature moves always end up being available for other Pokémon so stop bitching about getting your ass beat by a smeargle. git gud
>>
Smeargle happens to be the Pokemon with the lowest Base Stat Total in the series that cannot evolve

Sketch is fair for it, git gud
>>
>>25638383
>what are grass types
>>
>>25638790
Actually that's Shedinja.
>>
i can't believe you niggers decided to respond to this bait
>>
I thought that Darkrai was banned from official competitions because it's from event.
>>
>>25636651
Spore.

That is all.
>>
>>25636694
>>25636727
>>25636875
>smeargle is the whole team

Yeah, no, you fail to see the point probably because you've never even played VGC. The thing with Smeargle is that you can support it with a bunch of stuff so it can put everything to sleep, not to mention that nothing is really stopping it to protect first turn fishing for a speed boost with Moody (and good players won't do that if there is an obvious Feint user).

Smeargle + Xerneas can literally end the game in three turns, which is why it's so much of a problem and many top players want to see it banned.

>>25640563
That's exactly the reason, not sure why OP thinks they ban shit based on their power, especially because Xerneas is allowed to run rampant in the format.
>>
>>25638383

Dark Void hits all available targets, Spore hits just one.
I use it to great effect in hordes.
>>
>>25639017

A shitty type that get even worse when fairies (and their poison weakness) where revealed.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.