[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: deoxys-speed.jpg (34 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
deoxys-speed.jpg
34 KB, 300x317
Speed is changed to be when your attack starts instead of getting out a whole attack before another. Priority just counts your speed as being higher for that attack. HP now falls like in Earthbound.
Example: A Pokemon with 110 speed faces one with 111 speed. The faster one starts its attack slightly before the slower one, but before its attack is finished, it gets attacked.
Example: A Pokemon with 5 speed face one with 180 speed. The one with 180 speed gets out its whole attack before the slower one can even move.

How does this change the meta? What other changes like this could be implemented to change the way stats currently work? What are some potential new stats?
>>
>>25582531
Another idea of mine: Specialized stats
For example: Hitmonchan would have great Punch Attack, but terrible Slash Attack, with the opposite being true of Scyther.
I can't come up with an example off the top of my head, but say there's a Pokemon with a hard, helmet-like head, but a soft back. It would have great head defense but bad back defense. Or maybe there's an armored Pokemon that is great against slash attacks, but terrible against punch attacks.
You're faster at shooting a gun than throwing a punch, aren't you?

This stuff could be applied to tons of things.

Another one would be a communication stat. Weak Pokemon that work together, like Farfetch'd the duck, would have this high, but powerful loner Pokemon, like Dragonite, would have this low. It could effect how Pokemon take your orders, work in multi-battles, or do certain status moves.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>25582531
Since I'm the only one here, I might as well post my ideas for move changes, too.
Moves now have a limited number of points that they cash in for effects. The default would be something like 20 BP, 70%Acc., and 5 PP.
You could not make any of those lower. Then, you'd have 100~ points to use on more BP, Acc., PP, and secondary effects. Stuff like an increase in a battle stat would cost 55 points, while decrease in your own would award up to 20 points. The exchange rate between BP, Acc., PP, and certain kinds of secondary effects would need to be ironed out, but the basic thing with no secondary effects and 100% Acc. would be 90 BP and 15 PP. Then, moves would be characterized by how they are performed, such as punch, slash, or energy orb.
Status moves would need something a little different. Also, the Types of moves Pokemon could learn would be limited to 5~, outside of certain ones like Mew.
How does this sound? I'd love some feedback for this and my other ideas.
>>
>>25582531
So basically the game mechanic to literally interrupt moves while they are being done, well this would break the metagame and make anything with high speed a god.
>>
>>25583089
Also, these would be changed via minigames at gyms. TMs would either give access to these minigames or make them easier.
Moves could also level up, depending on how much you use them and on what. Using an attack on a fully evolved, strong Pokemon would give more experience than using it on a Caterpie.
>>
>>25583131
Not interrupt moves, but move at the same time.
>>
>>25582531
This is never workable because you are just breaking the fast sweepers
>>
>>25583155
And helping the vast majority of slow Pokemon.
>>
>>25582531
How about fixing Types?
All Types should resist and be weak to an equal number of other Types. Also, they should be strong on and be resisted by an equal number of Types. Then, SE/NVE should be reduced to something more like a 20% difference, maybe, and STAB, too.
>>
>>25582531
This should never be applied to the mainline games.

It could work well in a spin off though
>>
>>25583191
Slow pokemon usually have more bulk
>>
>>25583191
>>25583643
You have to incredibly increase the bulk if sweepers can now hit the slow tanks thrice before the tanks could hit back
>>
>>25583572
I'm thinking about applying all of these changes in a hack. Probably just a Battle Frontier with tons of new battle modes and a few other places, like a changed concert hall, gym, and a few routes. It'll only be if I ever learn to program, of course.
Would you play something like that?
>>25583659
That's not how it would work.
>>
>>25583669
>concert hall
*contest hall
>>
>>25583669
no I wouldn't play it
>>
>>25582531
Here's another one of my apparently unpopular ideas.
Breeding could be changed to be just between close families. The Pikaclones, for example.
Pokemon with only one gender would either get counterparts or would now be able to have two genders. Non-gendered Pokemon would be changed to just have invisible genders that can be checked by professionals.
Also, IVs and natures would be changed. Now, all Pokemon have body types instead of IVs and natures that determine what it's good at. These would include height, weight, footsize, Etc. You could feed your Pokemon different food for to increase weight and things like it. The description for natures would be changed to just effect how your Pokemon interacted in Amie. Then, all Pokemon would get many slight alternate colors and other stuff like that so that each Pokemon truly is different, which would be noticeable in battle.
>>
>>25584122
That all sounds terrible and messy
>>
>>25584338
I don't know. I'm not too good at describing my ideas. It'd be better to show you. I'll make a hack with this stuff someday. Hopefully it seems better there.
Now, do you have any ideas like this?
>>
>>25583532
Riot pls go.
>>
>>25584448
Why? Would it make your Steels too weak? Your sweepers could no longer sweep, oh no!
Defensive Ice types might be decent? Not on my watch!
I don't understand why people don't want the types to be equal.
>>
>>25582531
Abilities could be changed to be species specific things. Things like levitating would be part of each species' specific ability. Species relations, like Zangoose and Sevipers only targeting eachother in double battles would be other parts of it. Stuff like that.
>>
>>25584122
>Breeding could be changed to be just between close families. The Pikaclones, for example.

MORE TEDIUM! YAY!

Also, IVs and natures would be changed. Now, all Pokemon have body types instead of IVs and natures that determine what it's good at. These would include height, weight, footsize, Etc. You could feed your Pokemon different food for to increase weight and things like it. The description for natures would be changed to just effect how your Pokemon interacted in Amie. Then, all Pokemon would get many slight alternate colors and other stuff like that so that each Pokemon truly is different, which would be noticeable in battle.
This however would be nice, desu
>>
>>25584584
While we're at it, why not giving all fully evolved mons the same total base stats? Why not making each type have the exact same moves? If you make every option virtually equal you get a balanced game, but also a boring one.
>>
>>25584584
Fucking communists, please move to cuba and die
>>
>>25584584
Not even that. It's that godawful 20% SE/STAB bonus. Let's make playing properly feel completely shitty and unsatisfying.
>>
>>25585005
What it currently is is a bit too strong. Make it a number so that defensive Pokemon that currently rely on attacks being NVE aren't nerfed too badly.
>>25584966
A balanced game is better. All of your suggestions are good.
>>
>>25585405
A balanced game may be good, but a balanced game where all options aren't carbon copies of another 16 already existing options is much better. Balance on its own doesn't grant a good game.
>>
>>25582531
The higher thedifference in apeed stat, the higher the chance of attacking two times.

If a pokemon has like 100 speed, one who has 200 speed should have a 50% chance of attacking two times, so an 50% chance for every double the stat.
>>
>>25585447
Then there can be extra options, like Dark's moves Pursuit and Knock Off.
Only Dark moves can do those effects, and only some Pokemon can develop Dark moves.
Then, give stuff like that to all Types.
Easy-peasy.
>>25585474
Personally, I'd rather there be no realistic chance for hitting twice. Maybe with your level 100 Deoxys-Speed against a level 20 Shuckle ingame, but not in battle with two fully trained Pokemon.
>>
>>25582531
In my perfect game, Pokemon would slowly grow, which would be evident when you look at them, and "Evolution" would be more focused on when they start that growing.
Like, a Rattata could stay a Rattata its whole life without ever evolving, because its situation leaves it with too little, say, food for a Raticate.
Deciding to become a Raticate would happen, then, slowly, it would change.
Also, "Evolving" would be acknowledged as slang used by children that left home before learning about actual evolution, eventually becoming popularized by some champion.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.