[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that Gen 6.5 makes no sense. We know there's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1425479086966.jpg (44 KB, 480x156) Image search: [Google]
1425479086966.jpg
44 KB, 480x156
Friendly reminder that Gen 6.5 makes no sense.
We know there's a new Pokemon that isn't a forme, that doesn't happen within a gen. We know this not only from the render that was glimpsed, but also the fact that they said there would be new mons.
>But the triangles!
They leave shit in in-case they need it later, or if it doesn't get finished. Like how Shellos and Gastrodon were in Gen3 code, and Mega Lati was in XY code.
Even if the new area is southern Kalos and we do travel back to regular Kalos, that means it's a new region. If you say that going to the old region means it's gen 6.5 then you're saying Gen2 wasn't its own Gen.
>>
>>25412362
>a new Pokemon means a new gen
>>
>>25413558
>A new Pokemon doesn't mean a new gen
>>
>>25412362
>We know there's a new Pokemon that isn't a forme, that doesn't happen within a gen
Abilities never happened mid-gen before ORAS. New moves didn't happen mid-gen before ORAS. Forme changes that broke compatibility never happened before ORAS. This argument doesn't work with Game Freak breaking the mold now.

>They leave shit in in-case they need it later, or if it doesn't get finished
Gen 6 would have WAY more unused compared to any other gen though. Zygarde has TWO signature moves it still doesn't have access to. AZ Floette is still undistributed with seemingly no involvement in the movie or the Pikachu short. The Souvenir is useless within XY and it being tradeable implies you might be able to send it to Sun/Moon. There are also 2 pentagon slots found in ORAS.
>>
>>25413580
I'm curious, what would make this game Gen 7 for you?
I have a hunch you're going to drop some "muh ability to trade AND battle" bullshit.
>>
>>25412362
>If you say that going to the old region means it's gen 6.5 then you're saying Gen2 wasn't its own Gen.
This. If this game is a .5 then G2 is a .5
>>
who gives a fuck? honestly

no one knows what's going to happen for sure so everyone just shut the fuck up and wait

fucking annoying manchildren dying to have their needs met
>>
>>25413661
Guy. Until corocoro gets leaked this will be the entirety of /vp/.
Save yourself the time and go play outside until the 11th or so.
>>
>>25413640
>I'm curious, what would make this game Gen 7 for you?

Can't battle with ORAS and XY.

>>25413657
Not if these games can battle with ORAS and XY and uses the same pentagon system. Because then that would mean the mechanics didn't change at all. That's enough for me to call it a gen 6 game. Especially if it uses a system where the whole fucking point is to decide if you got a Pokemon from a gen 6 game.
>>
>>25413724
>muh compatibility
Called it. Thanks for saving me the time.
>>
>>25413745
>waaaah why don't you agree with me ;_;
>>
>>25413753
See
>>25413640
I did call it. You're that one(hopefully one, because I sure hope there aren't multiples) guy who goes between communities spouting how you feel compatibility is the defining factor in gen definition then refuse to listen to anyone who points out why you're wrong and clouded, then you make up more rules when people point out your flawed idea, get pissy, then change the definition of the words you use.

Yeah, I don't agree with you because I'm unable to get that far down the fucking rabbit hole.
>>
>>25412362
Wait, people actually think two completely new titles with new Pokemon isn't a new generation? I swear, people on here will argue about anything, no matter how fucking stupid.
>>
>>25413780
Calling it doesn't make it invalid mr. waaaah people don't agree with me man.

>You're that one(hopefully one, because I sure hope there aren't multiples) guy
No. There are multiples. I've seen people who weren't me post the same shit. I don't think I'm even the guy you're referring to. I only post here.

>then you make up more rules
What more rules? Please tell me about these new rules people are using. Because all I've seen is that it's split between two people; people who think pokemon decide generation, and people who think compatibility does.
>>
>>25413661
>no one knows what's going to happen for sure

This "we dun no nuffin" shit seriously needs to stop. We don't know a lot, but we know the exact minimum amount of information required to determine if it's gen 7, twice over. We know for sure that it will introduce new Pokémon. And we know for sure that an official press release called it a new generation. That's two fucking confirmations right there, what the fuck are we even arguing about at this point?

>muh south kalos

Oh right, that nonsense. Number A, South France doesn't have yellow fire engines with left-side steering wheels and rainbow license plates. And even if it did and the game did take place in South Kalos, a game in South Kalos with new Pokémon that TPCI calls a new gen is a new gen. End of fucking discussion.

>fucking annoying manchildren dying to have their needs met

That's the gen 6.5 fags. The gen 7 fags are fucking annoying manchildren dying to have the even more annoying manchildren accept objective facts and stop spouting a meaningless meme.
>>
>>25413799
Check it out.
Gen 2 can trade with gen 1.
Limited compatibility different gens.

ORAS can trade/battle with XY BUT not with certain megas, abilites, what not.
Limited compatibility; same gen
>>
Is this going to be fairygate all over again? Guess I'll have to make a collage of posts again from users who believe it's not a new gen so we can all laugh at how autistic they are when it's confirmed.
>>
>>25413834
But ORAS can still battle with XY and GS can't battle with gen 1.

Battling is the most important factor because as a I already said in >>25413724, it means the mechanics didn't change and it's likely using the same system that decides if you're using gen 6 Pokemon.

I don't think the issue is people making up rules, the issue is you not reading posts or missing the point.
>>
File: 1456892421270.png (186 KB, 465x453) Image search: [Google]
1456892421270.png
186 KB, 465x453
If the starters are new then it's a new gen. Case closed let's all go home.
>>
>>25413852
>I only post here
Take it back to GameFAQs, bountyan
>>
>>25413871
I'm in favor of this.
Herehere!
>>
>>25413904
Who the fuck is bountyan?

I don't browse GameFAGs.
>>
>>25413852
Beg your pardon but in the event the VC RBY versions can battle with Sun Moon would you actually consider Sun Moon gen 1?
>>
>>25413991
>Beg your pardon but in the event the VC RBY versions

Huh? I think you're mistaken. I'm pretty sure it's only upwards transferring. Can you post a source?
>>
>>25412362
yeah but we also know about volcanion, the mega latis, and others who were in the code of XY but not released until ORAS — there where then multiple new megas introduced in ORAS.

this is going to be a sequel/prequel to XY, they haven't left Kalos alone. they know how lacklustre the games were, and know they need to pull out all the stops to get people to buy it.
>>
>>25414008
It's one of those situations that hasn't been said to specifically be either way. It has only mentioned transferring through pokebank so far. This is only a hypothetical and we both don't feel it would happen. I'm just curious that in the even they can trade and battle if you'll consider Sun and Moon to be gen 1 games.
>>
>>25414026
No. But I'd consider the VC games gen 6 games because going backwards in generation doesn't make sense.
>>
>>25414026
Not them, but I would consider rby on the vc "remakes" in gen 7 if that were the case.
>>
>>25414043
Interesting. Even though RBY on the VC can't trade and battle with XY or ORAS?
>>25414045
Really? I think I'd just say they're a 20 year old port and not bother with classifying it as anything specific. If it has all the same data as gen 1 I'd leave it at that.
>>
>>25414089
>Interesting. Even though RBY on the VC can't trade and battle with XY or ORAS?

Yes. For example I still consider the Dream Radar a 5th gen thing even though it only works with BW2 and not BW.
>>
How I can see a Generation x.5 work...

Assuming Sun and Moon just had different titles to fuck with us. The new region could have been Southern Kalos, still named Kalos. New pokemon added to the Kalos dexes(?). Maybe new starters could have been added to fuck with us as well.

I'm on the gen 7 train though, now at least. SM has been advertized as a new gen (showing the past old games). As well as the vc RBY's adding to the fact that the pokemon in those games can get sent over to SM. I doubt they could get sent back. Why not to XYORAS? Because of lazy coding? That could still be gen 6.5!!1 Sounds more like a Gen 7 thing though. They also say that we can use bank to transfer XYORAS mons to SM. Nothing about actual trading.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.