[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Back from NYC. Ask an anon who quietly stood in line for over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 20th-anniversary-site-169.jpg (82 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
20th-anniversary-site-169.jpg
82 KB, 578x327
Back from NYC. Ask an anon who quietly stood in line for over 6 hours (and this isn't counting the inside the store lines) anything and everything about the loud, obnoxious, line-cutting fuckwads of a fanbase they had to endure.
>>
was it worth it anon?
>>
Did you take any pictures?
>>
>>25365857
imo A visit to NYC has always been worth it, even in this case when you're pretty much trapped in one cripplingly slow moving line. But fuck Nintendo/TPCI for cheaping out and ending the "event" portion of it at 2 p.m. when they advertised this shit running from 9 to 5. Oh they didn't expect a shitload of people to show up? Really? This is their "all out" celebration for one of their most lucrative series? Weak.

>>25365884
My hands were frozen. I tried to use them once to dig out my 3DS and join in a trade-chain, but nope. My fingers were stone cold decrepit. So pictures by me were out of the question.
>>
>>25365755
listen homie, I know you probably have a shitty boring life and think new yorkers are rude, but niggas who go to the nintendo stores are plenty, and I'm sure you know this since you got to meet a lot of them today

I go to the nintendo store once a mont, and I don't have to make threads about it. Guess what, every single new yorker here does the same.

Go back to redit or your blog cause no one gives a fuck about how the "line-cutting fuckwads" mistreated you
>>
File: pokemon_day_swag.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_day_swag.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
>>25365884
Extra response: no live event pictures, but here's an after-the-fact one of some of the loot I grabbed.

Not pictured: other merchandise, X/Y 99/99 streetpasses, ORAS 30/30 streetpasses, Shuffle 10/10 streetpasses, Rumble World 10/??, countless other games too.
>>
>>25366299
>and think new yorkers are rude
Wut? My experiences there have been the exact opposite of this. Also, in case you didn't know, there were a ton of non-NY people in those line.
>>
What were the activities there?
>>
>>25366394
>Standing in lines
>Tradan/Battlan in the streets
>Listening to women in line singing gen1 ashnime songs
>Overhearing literal hueg neckbeards go on about pokemon builds and other shit which went way over my head despite playing all of these games for hundreds of hours
>freezing
>witnessing people in line crowding around the Twitch crew to get -5 seconds of fame
>getting inside the store post-event proper?
>>
>>25365755

Why the fuck would you go to one of those events, OP? They're filled with fat greasy unwashed neckbeards. God I hate fate people so damn much.
>>
>>25365755

I was going to go, but decided to skip it. Did I make the right choice? For context, I work in NYC and can go to the Nintendo store literally any day I want, so my question is purely about the event.
>>
>>25366299
>and think new yorkers are rude

and then you proceed to be rude as fuck

good job
>>
>>25366299
>new yorkers are rude

We're only rude to bad tourists, who stand around taking up the whole sidewalk, get on the subway before letting people off, and wave selfie sticks around. Don't act like a dumbass and we'll be perfectly polite and helpful.
>>
>>25366481
>projecting this hard
Bet this is your excuse for staying inside 24/7.

Go outside, you retard
>>
>>25366481
>They're filled with fat greasy unwashed neckbeards.
There were all kinds of people their from young kids to adult-adults and everything inbetween. There were even real deal actual females just in case you were wondering. But yes, there were neckbeards too.

>>25366487
If you're a huge fan of Pokemon I'd say you missed out on a rare, huge gathering of fans. You also missed out on celebrating the series on its 20th anniversary by standing around freezing your butt off while shooting the shit with other people. What went on inside the store before 2 p.m., I'd really like to know. It was about that time the sent reps out telling people they were out of "event tickets" (which were not mentioned anywhere on the nintendony, pokemon, pokemon20th sites). By the time I got in it was likely your bog standard Nintendo store visit, aside from it being filled to the brim.

>>25366527
>We're only rude to bad tourists, who stand around taking up the whole sidewalk, get on the subway before letting people off, and wave selfie sticks around. Don't act like a dumbass and we'll be perfectly polite and helpful.
Yup. This here is my experience with new yorkers to a tee. Nice people, likely because I don't dick around and understand the "flow" of the city.
>>
>>25366576

Thanks, I wouldn't have been able to get there until afternoon so it sounds like I would have missed most of the fun anyway. I've been to many launch events there, including most recently for BW2 and XY (ORAS was too crowded so I didn't bother), so it was probably similar to those. Definitely sounds fun, though probably not very different from what I've been to before.

Sucks that they ran out of "event tickets" though. For BW2 they had a separate event at a larger space by the Javits Center... maybe they should have had done something like that, though understandably they wanted to show off their store renovations.
>>
File: 1451152428396.png (13 KB, 529x386) Image search: [Google]
1451152428396.png
13 KB, 529x386
>>25365972
For the 10th anniversary the rented out ALL OF BRYANT PARK and it was STILL packed as fuck. I'm pretty sure they knew that it'd be overflowing the Nintendo store, but they spent too much on the Superbowl commercial to justify renting a larger event space than a 2 floor building that's normally filled up on REGULAR days.

I really wanted to go. I've lived in NYC my whole life, but I fucking KNEW it wouldn't be possible unless I was waiting for hours. I couldn't see the top floor obviously so I didn't know what the hell was going on.

Some mother with her 2 sad kids were outside and she was yelling at them about how it was their fault the line was long because they "took too long to get ready" and pointed mentioned "you're not even missing anything, look inside, there's nothing going on. Let's go." I mean, I understand there's no way a parent was waiting hours on line for their kids unless they were fans their selves, but this was not a children event at all.
>>
>>25366529
>strawmanning: the post
I know this is 4chan but that doesn't mean you absolutely HAVE to act like a cunt to be accepted into the lucrative club.
>>
Nintendo Store remodeling was a disaster. They remodeled for the sake of having events more frequently, so they could move around merchandise to make room for crowds. I wanna know who's idea that was, because if there's an event there that's large like Pokemon 20th then there's no way anyone could sanely think that the store would be a good venue for it.
>>
>>25365755
I was gonna go, but didn't. Was there anything good?
>>
>People shocked that TPCi cancelled an event.

Remember that TPCi is hemorrhaging money right now because they're run by drunk chimps.
>>
>>25365755
Were there any girls?
>>
>>25367132
Wait, is that actually true? Sauce?
>>
>>25367148
Not OP, but yea. I brought my girlfriend with me and we were behind the line with a group of girls who weren't with any guys. They were 7/10 ~ 8/10 but wore too much makeup. Most of the girls in the event were either brunette white girls who looked like your average run-of-the-mill anime club chick and petite Asians.

Don't understand why that's surprising. Even going to anime cons or shit like League of Legends Worlds events has a high turnout of cuties, I met my girlfriend from an anime con years ago.

Only kinds of gatherings I can think of off the top my my head without girls would probably be like Fighting Game meetups or something. Maybe Magic The Gathering, but I can't speak from experience about that.
>>
>>25367132
This is wrong in a lot of ways.

It was a Nintendo event, not a TPCI event. And it wasn't cancelled, they just cut off the line eventually. And TPCI is doing fine financially.
>>
>>25367237
>Maybe Magic The Gathering, but I can't speak from experience about that.
Depends on where you live, but I'd generally agree. Been going to set release tournaments on the regular for the last 6 years, most of them in a college town. Plenty of cuties, into "the hobbies", but I never see more than 3 girls at a tournament no matter how big or small the turnout.

But I only go to draft, maybe all the girls are hardcore constructed players.
>>
>>25367132
Oh contraire my petuitous friend.
Tpci or the pokemon company international are not doing well in money up keep.
People keep petitioning to take the pokemon license off them and the marvellous and hard working voice actors are being accused of stalking,harassing and even threatening fans who hate the new Pokemon series dub,which i think is laughable since it is a great tv show and i have no qualms about it. Carter cathcart's script is the most amazing piece of bless and the music replacement is what is needed when you can't get japanese music.
Also they may not be japanese but TPCi did try their best with impressive effort to please everyone for Pokemon 20th.
>>
>>25366527

I think the legitimate reason to hate some New Yorkers is because they think their city is more special than the hundreds of other cities out there.

Thankfully most of them don't do that though.

Usually the tourists you complain about probably have never been to a large city before so they aren't aware of unspoken rules like that. I remember being the same when I visited China years ago (Beijing) and I had to figure out all that city shit for myself.
>>
>>25369532

I'm going to assuming you're shitposting, because there is so much fucking wrong with this post.

And it's au contraire, not oh contraire, loser.
>>
>>25369628

Not only that, but they also believe that since they live there, they themselves are better than you because you don't live there. I've met uneducated, unintelligent, unattractive New Yorkers who have massive superiority complexes.
>>
>>25369320
Standard player, it does depend on your locals, but it's a pretty small turnout. Ours is usually like 5 girls who frequent friday night magic, occasionally a few more or less.

More girls come in Japanese card games like Vanguard because of the cute art and being less dependent on skill.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.