[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine a string of small scale Pokemon games where you play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 9
File: 1445552415709.jpg (8 KB, 246x186) Image search: [Google]
1445552415709.jpg
8 KB, 246x186
Imagine a string of small scale Pokemon games where you play as an NPC trainer class and have small individual goals related to your class. You're not a Champion prodigy, so your Pokemon level up more slowly and resources are scarce.

For example,
>Hiker class wants to scale a challenging mountain
>Starts out with only a level 16 Geodude
>Since he's a Hiker, he only goes to mountains so you only have access to a few Pokemon
>Money is tight so you probably won't even end up with a full team of six
>Either stock up on items to keep a few Pokemon safe, or risk spending all of your money on Pokeballs

Thoughts?
>>
Or maybe a Youngster

>Begins with lv 3 route 1 rodent & bird combo of your choice, Pidgey and Rattata, Hoothoot and Sentret, Tailow and Zigzagoon, etc
>Wants to be the best battler in your school
>Other trainers (kids) don't give any money because it's all underage unofficial shit
>You get one Ultra Ball from a relative midway through, and that's the only ball you get to add a third Pokemon
>Final boss is a punk-ass spoiled upperclassman that bullies your friends, has a full team of six
>>
>>25180166
>be Youngster
>be Kalosfag
>trade own Bunnelby and Fletchling for Traveling Trainer's Bunnelby and Fletchling
>new Bunnelby is super strong and this Fletchling flies fast
>Uncle gave me an Ultra Ball for my birthday! Caught a Spewpa with it! Its eyes look funny but it almost never misses
>after years of battling in Viridian Forest clone they evolved into Niggersby, Bravest Bird, and Betterfly
>mean bully a few years older got his team of 6 whooped in no time
>>
>>25180166
>be youngster
>have one early game rodent and one early game bird
>another trainer walks by
>this is your chance!
>it's the same guy who bullied you two days ealier
>he teleported home after whooping the champions ass, and now your sorry ass is his next target
>lose
>stand on the same spot forever
>>
A game where you're someone like Bill or Oak would be interesting. I imagine Oak's would be quite mission based, you'd be tasked with the care or study or certain Pokémon and also have to offer advice to young Trainers.
>>
>>25182200
This reminded me of that concept were you play as young oak and pokeballs arent really invented yet etc.
Also Pokemon are primarly for protection and villages are attacked fairly often.

Also mayyybbbee the Pokemon war is going on at that Time? Who knows
>>
File: 1445455448604.png (359 KB, 800x1222) Image search: [Google]
1445455448604.png
359 KB, 800x1222
>>25180130

Sounds like it would translate well into a tabletop game.
>>
>be bug catcher
>object is to find a legendary bug, while only being able to catch bugs
>Pokemon level up so damn slowly that they might as well not level up at all
>instead, you have to keep catching higher level bugs to add to your team and swap out the old bugs
>last boss is Volcarona (no Genesect)
>>
>>25183204
>Frequently forced to choose between a level 40 Venomoth or a level 63 Caterpie
>>
Anyone remember the Beat Rayquaza challenges?
>>
>be Swimmer class
>dreams of being a good enough swimmer to swim continuously from Lillycove to Slateport
>must catch and train water types for protection
>ocean is full of Sharpedo, Wailord, Gyarados, Tentacruel, and other problematic strongmons
>can't bring many items with you because you're only wearing swim trunks, so it's a harsh endurance challenge
>>
>>25188333
>can't bring many items
unless you're a female Swimmer
>>
>>25188355
Tee hee...women's secret!
>>
A game where you play as a Rocket Grunt would be fun.

The isn't just Pokemon battles and you yourself need to sneak into places undetected.

Gym badges wouldn't be the way to measure progress but rather promotions allowing you do to less trivial jobs and command your own group of villains.

It would never happen, but it would be cool for once to play the bad guys rather the chosen one
>>
>>25180130
>Not being the best there ever was.

Seriously though I like that idea. Reminds me of pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky's special episodes.
>>
>>25180130
I want to run a Pokemart and make it profitable.
>>
>>25180130
>Female Swimmer needs to leave the water to travel the world
>has forced shitty team of Wingulls
>has no money to pay for when losing battles
>>
>>25188543
That could work as a Eshop game.
>>
This sounds amazing. I'd buy it.
>>
>>25188543
>sell "ultra repels" that work for 500 steps
>win
>>
If anything can convince me to learn how to romhack, it's this.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
every time I see this damn thread I think of the old sticky

rip in peace /tr/
>>
>>25183204
>>Pokemon level up so damn slowly that they might as well not level up at all
Plenty of Bugs level up pretty quickly.
>>
>>25192926
No Anon, the idea is that you're just some random kid instead of a prodigy protagonist. You're not that great at training Pokemon so they grow slowly.
>>
>>25192952
But Bug Pokemon are notoriously easy to train. They level and evolve quickly; Bug Catchers will sometimes say as much, in-game.
>>
>>25192983
It's a matter of scaling. In the main games you can take on the Elite Four at around level 60, so I'm trying to think of a way to balance a regular joe's Pokemon experience accordingly. What's the strongest a Bug Catcher could hope to train to? Maybe level 35-ish?
>>
>>25180130
Honestly, I wouldn't play it. I don't play games to be Averge Joe. I do that enough in real life. No, I want to kick all the gym leaders asses, stop the evil team, and be the champion.

I just wish there was more shit to do after you become a champion, like defend your title against other trainers who came to challenge the Elite-4, thwart more evildoers, PWT style tournaments against other champions, that sort of thing. Like you spent the whole game building up to steal Lance/Alder/Steven/Diantha/whoever's job, now let's go do champion stuff.
>>
>>25196516
Nothing wrong with world building.
>>
Since this seems to be the idea thread, how would you guys feel about Pokemon reservations? Or things like villages made by the smarter Pokemon? Maybe both, in some cases.
Imagine a village of Farfetch'd, small houses made of walls of sticks tied together, with mud and stones between. Big walls on the outside, ponds where food and leeks are grown, little shops with trinkets made by ducks.
Also, >>25188285
>>
>>25199421
I dunno, Pokemon don't exactly go around making buildings and urbanizing things. I think I get what you're saying though. I've always been interested in what the Pokedex said about Victreebel, the massive deep-jungle colonies that no one's seen and lived to tell the tale.

Also a Durant nest would be fucking rad.

I don't know if this is the right thread though. I thought it was a potential romhack thing.
>>
>>25199830
Well, after observing humans, one could guess that the smarter ones would start building better shelters. Farfetch'd already work with tools, why not build better homes? Also, tons of real world creatures create homes and colonies, especially birds. Look at weaver birds. Psychic Types would totally do it.
>>
>>25180130
Bump for great thread.
>>
>>25180130
Sounds gay as hell. If I wanted to play a heavily restricted Pokemon game, I'd play the ones on GC.
>>
The only way pokemon will be interesting to me is as an adventure game, kinda like Pokepark 1 and 2, but with better battles, and no minigame nonsense. You use the pokemon's abilities to affect the environment and solve puzzles.

Either way, pokemon needs a better plot to even hope to grab my interest again. I'm done with ego trips and mindless drones.
>>
>>25201418
They'd probably come in a set and sell for 10 bucks on Eshop.
>>
>Schoolboy trainer class
>gets assignment from teacher
>must try out assigned battle strategies
>you borrow the teacher's Pokemon for preset battles
>game plays a lot like the Trainer School from Stadium 2, or the battle discs from Colosseum
>showcased things like Defense Curl + Rollout, Minimize vs Body Slam, the Pledge moves, etc
>once you've completed all the lessons, you graduate
>>
>No place in the first or second town in the main games where there are quarter capsule machines with Pokemon
>Birds, bugs, and rodents from the early routes of all regions
>You can sell ones that you catch for a bit over the cost of a Pokeball.
Not really related to the thread topic, but still an idea that I had.
>>
>Ace Trainer
>It's just the main game, but harder
>>
>>25180130
These sound better as side-quests than an actual game. These would be helpful in gaining pokemon with attributes that are hard/impossible to get in regular play
>>
Remember Conquest? Trainers could basically catch whatever they wanted, but if they weren't very compatible, they had level caps. And of course the player had 90-100% compatibility with virtually everything. It gave a neat perspective on what it's like to not be The Chosen One for a change.

Something like that could be implemented, where you just can't level up past a certain point depending on your class and their type affiliations.
>>
>>25180130
So pokemon fantasy life.
Also slower exp and scarce items make no sense at all.
>>
>>25180130
>As a kid watch the Batman cartoon
>want to be like Robin

I don't see the logic here.
>>
>>25206432
Might be nice to have a goal that's not "stomp the baddies and become champ" for a change.
>>
>>25206432
I fucking loved Robin when I was a kid. He was rad. Maybe you just have generic taste.
>>
>>25188483
Some people around here already think Colosseum was too "edgy". Imagine what they'd think of a game like this. The idea is pretty cool, though, and I'm sure it would be a nice playthrough.
>>
>>25188980
>resorts to prostitution to pay bills
>>
>>25207865
>rad
>2016
Your taste in adjectives is RAD!
>>
>>25206137
Pokemon Fantasy Life would be one of the greatest things. I have to write a list to Santa. And Satan. Somehow, this must happen.
>>
>>25185402
Hero you go, anon

>Beat Mewtwo
Try and beat Mewtwo before entering Mt. Moon!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/em9zwrnjnd0zeax/Beat+Mewtwo.GBA

>Beat Rayquaza
Beat Rayquaza before entering Slateport City.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ltx0tbw9vorobke/Beat+Rayquaza.gba
>>
>>25208456
Fuck yes. I was the guy who beat those. Ended up with a shiny Aron.
>>
If this is the idea thread, what do you think of this? Thread was pushed off by Magiana.
>>25182698
>>
Bumping this thread WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>25180130
>Imagine a string of small scale Pokemon games, etc. etc.
So like Smartphone games. Yeah, I love it!

How about you and the entire development team of Gamefreak fucking kill yourself. Then maybe we'll get an actual good game.
>>
>>25210335
>Implying GF would make make it
>Implying that it would have micro-transactions
>Implying that it would be on smart phones
>>
>>25180130

>be youngster
>wander up and down my route
>have shorts on
>see beauty, look at her waist
>no shorts, slap her shit.
>continue preying on anyone on my route
>picture self as sheriff of my route
>take it more seriously as my team grows stronger
>word gets out about the sheriff who wanders route whateverthefuck
>people try to pass
>not without shorts you don't
>champion comes along
>YOU'RE NOT WEARING SHORTS
>get absolutely rekt
>cry like a faggot
>>
How easy would this be to romhack?
>>
Numpvduny
>>
>>25180130
Yes I love this idea, basically you get Pokémon, take everything that's exciting about it, turn it into a modern indie "anti-fun" game and sell it for big bucks!
>>
>>25215554
You'd still catch and train monsters, it'd just be under certain conditions.
>>
>>25215554
Who pissed in your cereal?

Did you never play the bonus chapters in Mystery Dungeon, or the postgame missions in Conquest?
>>
>>25199421
>tfw David Attenborough will die before getting the chance to make this
>>
>Be policeman
>At station one day, get call that a rich statesman's house has been broken into by a few underlings from the regional evil team, who are trying to steal the owner's prized (shiny) Eevee
>Choice between Herdier, Lairon, Granbull, Pidgeotto, and Heracross all at level 30; get to take 3 of the 5 with you
>Battle-Pyramid style sneaking around the rooms of the manor, which are randomly generated on each play
>If you lose to one of the grunts, you have to start at the beginning of the house
>No real healing, but there's a bunker at the beginning where you have a few medical items. You also salvage scarce supplies from each grunt you beat and what you can find around the house
>Final boss is one of the generic team leaders
>>
>>25216916
I would play the heck out of this.
>>
>Sailor
>Gotta have buff macho Pokemon for the muscley parts of sailing and shit
>Gotta have water Pokemon for the other parts of sailing and shit
>Sailing takes stamina, but you can heal on islands
>Your goal is to get your team shipshape so you can sail across the sea to other regions
>Your starter is a Wingull named Peeko that refuses to evolve
>>
>>25219011
>>25216916
Nice stuff.
>>
>>25216916
This one actually sounds kinda cool.
>>
>Gym Leader
>Train against your underlings in the Gym
>Whoop their asses
>Do that for awhile, sometimes going out on expeditions of some sort
>Final battle some knucklehead kid rolls in and fucking stomps your team
>>
How about the Tubers?
>>
>>25224249
They are eaten by moles.
>>
>>25199830
Conkeldurr taught men how to create concrete
>>
>>25224987
Now that's a game that needs to happen
>>
Valentines bump because I'm lovin' these ideas
>>
How the fuck would Psychics work
>>
>>25188483
>and command your own group of villains.

What secret bases should have been, assuming you get to choose their Pokemon for them.
>>
>>25229064

>Play fairly normally, told to do things by a narrator of some sort
>At the end you find out you're schizophrenic and have been living in a special quarantine for years, letting your mind create these vivid hallucinations of being a trainer and being given instructions by a mystic being
>>
>>25229254
FUCK
>>
>>25231275
BUMP
>>
>Be Pokemon Professor
>Have to catch hundreds of a particular Pokemon, commit minigame tests on it, then release it
>Can get trainers to do the catching for you, but it's unreliable
>Gamefreak could use this one to fix Pokemon lore, like weights and lore
>Some stuff is just myth(Kadabra boy), other stuff is completely retconned, some stuff is just changed to work better
>>
>>25216916
I'd play this.
>>
>>25226248
Imagine a pokemon game that let you play out key parts of human history and how Pokemon effected that. Cavemen harnessing fire after slaying the mighty Charizard, Greek Philosophers debating if Achilles could truely outrun a slowpoke, Picasso and his Smeargle redefining art during the renaissance.

Fuck, just sell it to schools as an educational game, it'll be a win-win all around.
>>
>>25234722
>Picasso
>renaissance
American education, folks.
>>
File: ashamedmoses.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
ashamedmoses.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>25234762
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>25234762
>Implying American
U S A
>>
>>25238574
>U S A
U S A
>>
>>25240142
>>U S A
>U S A
U S A
>>
>Be prodigy trainer
>Get rare Pokemon from elected country scientist
>Get all badges, beat champ
>Catch 'em all
>>
>>25242862
Wow get the fuck out Mary Sue faggot
>>
>>25243531
Woah! This is a kid's game!
>>
>Be youngster
>Think shorts are comfy and easy to wear
>Spread the good news
>>
>>25180130
A pokemon game about managing money and supplies doesn't sound like my cup of tea but I would love a pokemon game that doesn't focus on being the very best and all that that implies.
>>
>>25245949
There's almost no point in even having money in the main games by now. It would be nice to have to weigh your options for a change.
>>
>Game comes with 15~ challenges for all of the most common classes
>Each one you beat gives you a Pokemon related to the class with a move that it can't otherwise learn
>Potential for good DLC, though I'm not a fan of DLC
Fund it.
>>
>>25247468
I could see these being small romhacks, or a bundle pack if it's official
>>
>>25249357
Yeah, I imagine it being a collection of sidegames on the 3DS/NX.
Maybe you can choose which 10 of a starting 30 to buy together for 10 bucks, with a single one costing more than 1 dollar. Something like that, with good DLC, more than just extra colored suits and especially not essential game functions. And not overpriced, like the extra Sm4sh stuff.
>>
>>25249633
>>25249357
>>25247468
What unique moves on what Pokemon?
>>
>>25251441
Drain Punch Aqua Jet Poliwrath for Sailors
>>
>>25249633
>DLC
Fuck off with that. You buy the whole game once in a single payment. DLC made me quit consoles.
>>
>>25256976
Good DLC, like making new quests after releasing the first pack. Not the "Making it all, then keeping some of the game in the back room for a month to release 1 episode for the same price as 5" kind.
>>
Dead thread? It was interesting, but I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>25259234
Pull up a list of trainer classes and see what jumps out at you. Come up with a scenario or ask the anons here for ideas.
>>
>>25260213
Anons here, do you have any ideas?
>>
>>25260272
>Psychic class
>Hone your psychic abilities and match wits with the pokemon world's greatest minds!
>>
>>25260325
HOW DO YOU HONE THEM?
MINI-GAMES BASED ON PUZZLES, UTILIZATION OF EVERY 3DS BUTTON, AND EVEN STUFF LIKE THE BREATH DETECTOR?
WHAT'S YOUR GOAL?
>>
>>25260336
You're the psychic here, you should know already.
>>
>>25260336
Hold the fuck up, I actually thought of a good one for Psychic.

>RNG is scripted for the Psychic's game
>start battle
>get vision of Turn X, the pivotal moment of the match
>your goal is to manipulate the battle to make your vision come true
>difficulty rises by seeing farther into the future, making it harder to guess each step of the match

It's like a hybrid of Pokestar Studios and the Battle CDs from Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>25261092
>You get more skills from out of battle puzzles with immense difficulty
>>
>>25261102
>As your abilities get more and more well known you get sidequests involving tracking down lost objects and people or preventing terrible things from happening
Basically Stephen King's Dead Zone: The Game
>>
>>25261121
It could be its own game. Maybe it'll just be the premier of the bundle.
>>
>breeder (male)
>work part-time for the daycare couple
>you get 6 random baby mons in eggs (one already hatched maybe?)
>first goal is to hatch them
>second is to evolve them into their finals
>final is to find a female breeder with the same mons
>ends with you getting the daycare from the old couple
>>
>>25263063
Kill yourself OP. Let it die already
>>
>>25263065
>OP
Dude, I've been bumping for days since this is an interesting thread.
That one wasn't me, though, so it probably could be OP, but I've made the vast majority of bumps.
>>
>>25261211
>You get assignments from trainers to breed for certain moves or abilities
>Breeding takes way longer and is more complicated, but you can tell stuff like IVs from looks
>>
>Play as an old-timer
>Kids continue to harass and challenge you to battles no matter how many times you beat them
>The goal is to find the young hooligan who broke into your home
>>
>>25180130

There are some interesting ideas here and what really surprises me is that with so many fan games been made I haven't seen anything similar.
In fact the main problem I see with fan made games is that authors always aim for a huge world with at least 5 main cities and many other areas to explore, gyms and an elite four/champion battle with 60+ level pokemon near the end. The result is usually one of the two: either the authors realize it's too much work for them and give up, or keep persisting and somehow manage to complete a game that looks like a glitchy clone of the originals.

However, a simple game like this with only a couple of towns and a few areas, like a mountain as well as a level cap of 40 or so, should be easy enough to make even for someone with no experience.
I swear, everyone who just got pokemon essentials or decided to learn rom hacking has to read this thread.
>>
>>25267106
Ideas are nothing, everyone has ideas. It's using those ideas to make something that's the real challenge.
>>
>>25266347
>Be cop
>On the trail of a child who has the mysterious power to open any door and intimate anyone inside into talking
>The really weak hearted even give him stuff
THIS MUST BE STOPPED
>>
>>25269150
>be cop
>track down the remnants of the disbanded Team Rocket
>most of the game is tracking down grunts in obscure hidey holes
>develops into a moving story about the "bye-bye a go-go" grunt
>ends with the grunt moving to Unova to start his new life
>>
File: zdz.jpg (64 KB, 385x442) Image search: [Google]
zdz.jpg
64 KB, 385x442
>play as a pedophile
>your only pokemon is Hypno
>your goal is to wander around the region and fuck the most kids you can using your pokemon's hypnotic powers
>sometimes the police notice your deeds and you must escape them
>>
>>25270660
>Be cop
>Chase Hypnos and their trainers
>>
>>25271336
>>25270836
Top kek. Also
>Be judge with a cobalion
> Dump pedo and hypno in cell filled with ferroseed
>>
File: 8562.png (2 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
8562.png
2 KB, 80x80
Burglar

>Your have to break into areas owned by the richest people/organizations and steal money, pokemon, artifacts, documents etc.
>Lots of stealth missions and puzzles, being the pokemon world you may often have to battle too.
>You can also add moral decisions and alternative endings based on what you steal and/or what you do with the loot.
>>
>>25274384
>Sell pokemon on the black market
>Sell to seedy looking crooks for big payoffs or to desperate, normal folks for less punishment if you mess up in missions
>>
>>25216916
>Be policeman
>Choice between Herdier, Lairon, Granbull, Pidgeotto, and Heracross all at level 30; get to take 3 of the 5 with you

No Growlithe/Arcanine? Fail...
>>
>>25206098
I actually like how this sounds
>>
There will never be an Oculus Rift pokemon MMO
>>
>>25196516
Holy shit is that you collarfag?
>>
>>25274539
>Fail...
I can't tell if you're underage as fuck or a 40 year old mother who found this site on her kid's browser history
>>
File: 712635.png (69 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
712635.png
69 KB, 250x141
How about a game where you play as a fisherman?

Your goal is to become the best fisherman in the world.
You can only catch pokemon by fishing and they will not gain experience through battle so the only way to beat the game is by getting better rods and fishing in different places so you can find stronger pokemon.
Maybe you can fight various trainers because encountering only water pokemon would be boring.
You could also complete secondary goals like catching a specific pokemon. For example, there could be a shiny Politoed rumored to live in a certain pond in a forest that you would have to catch.
As an extra challenge, you could try beating a strong trainer like a gym leader or elite four member, again only with pokemon you caught while fishing.
In the end you will have to defeat the best fisherman at the time and catch a legendary water pokemon such as Kyogre. This would probably be the final challenge since having a legendary pokemon would make the game too easy, though you could still catch something like Phione earlier on.

You could also sell pokemon for money.
I'm not sure about TMs/HMs, if you can buy them you would probably have to grind for money rather than exp when adding a new pokemon to your team, if not you'd just have to rely on whatever moves a pokemon knows when you catch it.
>>
>>25274858
Literally Pokemon GO eventually
>>
>>25277666
GO will never be good.
>>
>>25277666
Please make it so, Satan. And make it good, too.
>>
>>25278161
Take your uninformed opinion and gently tuck it somewhere private. I've done thorough research into Niantic and Ingress, and everything I've seen points to GO being a dream come true.
>>
>>25279752
Still, it won't be more than decent.
>>
>>25280841
That depends on the community
>>
File: 28450.png (548 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
28450.png
548 KB, 640x480
>>25276254
Police officers use Growlithe, everyone knows that.
>>
>>25283788
Not that guy, but I think you could write around it by saying that "Rookies don't get Growlithes" or that they "require special training".
>>
>>25283788
That's really not the issue with your other post
>>
>>25284617
>And Lairon doesn't?
>>
Let me play as Looker or a member of the opposing team, and I'll be happy. Hey it could kinda be like PkMn Conquest, where you get to play as different people, kinda, after you 'beat the main game'.
>>
>>25286989
I have heard that D. Pikachu was bad, is that true?
I had kinda hoped that it would lead to a game with Looker, maybe Pikachu is Looker, or maybe the kid.
>>
>>25286737
Lairons are idiot-proof.
>>
>>25287636
The gameplay is fine but it's very easy because it's made to be solved by anybody 9+ years old. The plot leaves a lot unresolved, but that's fine.
>>
>>25287778
Hopefully episode 2 will have a hard mode.
>>
>Play as a Gym Leader
>Battle trainers everyday, have to go easy, but not too easy
>Help the people around town, you're like a politician
>If you play as one of the younger leaders, you have to be tutored on how to be a proper gym leader
>>
>>25289116
Speaking of this, having multiple Pokemon of one type on your team should give them a buff.
>>
>Be Pokemon
>Have to do what trainer tells you to, but still try to win
This thread had some nice autism related to this.
>>25234905
>>
>>25287715
How so?
>>
>>25293256
They're giant fucking helmets. They're the pokemon they give to retarded kids when they want a pet. They're too slow to do any damage and armed to the teeth so the dumbasses can't hurt it.
>>
>>25247468
>15+ challlenges
Similar to the ones in Conquest? Obviously, you won't become champion, but rather have a set goal(s). Like for Beauty could be winning several contest minigames, Bug Catcher could be catching several different bug types + minigames/battling other bugcathers.

I also want Super Nerds, Janitors, and other similar classes to return
>>
>>25251441
Follow me Magmar for Firebreathers.
Trick Voltorb for Juggler.
>>
>>25293384
>Be janitor
>Fucking pokemon wrecking shit all over the fucking place
>Taking human-sized dumps everywhere
>Falling walls, active electrical wires, puddles of ice around burning flames, stealth rocks
>Your goal is to NOT DIE
>>
>>25293420
>Need to get the right Pokemon for each job
>Poison Heal 'Mon to clean up Poison Gyms, Etc.
>Have a Trubbish and that cleaning rat from Gen 5
>Special Pokemon of this game is Vacuum Rotom
What Type would Vacuum Rotom be?
>>
>>25295026
Fighting/Electric with Vacuum Wave
>>
>>25295026
>At the end of the game you get a shitty paycheck and a letter from your grandson.
>>
>>25295179
Good enough.
>>
It would be cool if it was like PMD and gave you a quiz at the beginning to recommend which trainer class you should be sorted into, but maybe still give you the option to pick what you want.

Could have things like what you value most and what you Pokemon type preferences are etc.
>>
>be black trainer
>can only steal pokemon
>team rocket won't recruit you because you're black
>officer jenny locks you up even when trying to be straight and narrow
>only monkey types can stay in your party after being arrested
>never accomplish anything
>die in obscurity
>>
Hold up, are you expecting these to be on the normal game's engine like a romhack? Or something new entirely?
>>
>>25300446
Probably a romhack.
>>
>>25298935
kek
>>
>>25298081
Yeah, I could see this.
>>
>>25267721
After seeing a few rom hacks with no plot and most of the dialogue changed to lame in-jokes and pop culture references I have to disagree, some people are in desperate need of original ideas.
>>
>tfw this will never happen
>>
>>25180130
>Be scientist
>Go to the sun and to the moon
>>
>>25310716
AAAAAAHHH
>>
>>25311692
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>25312838
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>25313841
WHAT ARE WE YELLING ABOUT?
>>
>>25313891
BUMPING
>>
>>25314789
BUMP
>>
Thread is dead. Better screencap the ideas for future use.

I'm on my phone, sorry for being useless
>>
>>25316033
What ones should we screencap? Some were good, but we could always just mention them in a new thread later on. What's so amazing that we need to screencap?
>>
>>25316335
I think that you might have replied to the wrong thread.
>>25316033
We can just link to the fgts thread in a new thread in a week, after S/M and Direct stuff cools down.
>>
File: 1439765885657.jpg (45 KB, 637x637) Image search: [Google]
1439765885657.jpg
45 KB, 637x637
>>25317253
>We can just link to the fgts thread
Just like we used to link to moe
>>
>>25317580
>tfw
Lost a shit ton of good threads like that.
GET A CAPPER IN HERE
>>
>>25317617
BUMPING FOR A CAPPER
>>
File: Romhack idea screencap.png (487 KB, 1752x1642) Image search: [Google]
Romhack idea screencap.png
487 KB, 1752x1642
>>25317617
Got your back, Anon.

I capped the ones that could work as romhacks, but left out the ones that would need an entirely new engine from scratch.
>>
>>25319071
>tfw none of mine made it in
Thanks, anyway.
>>
>>25319546
I know that feeling.
>>
>>25319559
>>25319546
Which ones were yours?
>>
>>25319761
I was just comforting that anon but uh, >>25234722
>>25261121
>>25266347
>>25274452
>>25293420
These. Most of them were jokes, especially when I showed how much of a dumbass I was with the Picasso thing.
>>
>>25319849
There's good ideas in there, they just wouldn't work on Pokemon's engine. And I meant to cap the one about breeding for certain moves and stuff, my bad.
>>
>>25320091
Add me to the police thing, pretty please. Also maybe the one with the link to another thread, so I can find it in the archive. Love you.
>>
Good thread.
>>
>>25321379
good post
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.