[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we buff/nerf moves/abilities and other anons comment on our
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1
File: 1600.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1600.jpg
152 KB, 1600x1200
ITT we buff/nerf moves/abilities and other anons comment on our changes.

I'll start

>Parting shot now has +1 Priority
>Triple kick's power is buffed to 20 on the first hit, 40 on the second hit, and 60 on the third hit
>heal block and embargo now work like torment, wearing off only when the Pokemon is switched out
>Scald's power is reduced to 65
>Thief now functions like Knock Off, with a 50% power boost when stealing an item
>Overgrow, Blaze, Torrent, and Swarm now activate at half health
>Slow Start is reduced to three turns
>Iron Fist move boost punching moves by 33%
>>
>>25241744
>>25241744
>parting shot
Nah, just give it better distribution, but don't give it to a single prankster mon

>triple kick
Sure but it also needs better distribution

>heal block/embargo
Would be better if there was some ability that triggered them. Maybe unnerve for embargo and pressure for heal block?

>scald
Nah. Only way to fix scald is to make the burn chance 10% or something, like it should be. Though a power drop is always good

>thief
Still too situational, itd require you to lose your item for the boost to work

>type boosting abilities
Sure

>slow start
Just give regigigas normalize or protect or something, or make it where the number of turns before it wears off stacks even after switching

>iron fist
Agree, also give meteor mash to pokemon that have it
>>
>>25241831
>Giving Hitmontop's signature move away.
Fuck you.
>>
>>25242226
and yet you don't seem to complain about me giving pangoro's signature move away.

nice try, cocksucker
>>
>>25241744
>Bonemerang gets guaranteed accuracy, double in power, and retrieves Thick Club if the user had previously been holding it, but now holds nothing. Also hits Levitators and Flying Types.
Farfetch'd gets a clone that crits, instead of doubling in power, and retrieves Stick.
>>
>>25242346
>Bonemerang gets guaranteed accuracy, double in power, and retrieves Thick Club if the user had previously been holding it, but now holds nothing. Also hits Levitators and Flying Types.
calm down there, I said buff, not break
>>
>>25242360
It's still only given to Marowak, with a clone for Farfetch'd. It goes back to being what it is after retrieving the item, being shit again, but able to hit birds.
>>
>>25241744
Change all Bone___ moves from ground type to rock type. Now Marowak has a reason to carry both Earthquake and Bonemerang.

>>25242310
Pangooru's signature move sucks on it, unless it suddenly got priority. At least Hitmontop would have technician to make Triple Kick work.
>>
>>25242449
How do feel about this?
>>25242346
>>
>>25242523
>Bonemerang gets guaranteed accuracy
That alone makes it objectively better than Earthquake, which is already a really powerful move. I like some of the ideas in that post, but an Earthquake clone that retrieves a lost item, can damage opponents past subs and bypass sturdy/focus sash thanks to double hit, and ignores ground immunity is just too strong, and coming off Marowak's monsterous attack, with a STAB boost, you can just spam that move all day, since the only safe switch-in on it would be a physically bulky grass type.

I do like the idea that it can retrieve a lost Thick Club, though, that's a neat concept, and it helps against all those knock-off abusers.
>>
>>25242579
It only gets the boost if the holder has lost its Think Club.
Otherwise, it's the same + can hit birds.
Maybe it should lose 10 power in default and just get 100% accuracy.
Better now?
>>
>>25242579
Also, when you would use it, Marowak would only have 80 attack, as it would make the move without holding the item.
>>
>>25242691
I still like the idea of making it into a rock type move, if only so Marowak can get that godly Ground/Rock coverage.
>>
Damp now prevents burns in addition to Self-Destruct and Explosion.
>>
>>25242725
It would be great it it became Ground/Rock Type, if only to make it even better in sandstorms and for STAB on a newly Rock Bonemerang.
If only Ground was weak to something other than Water, to distance itself from Water Type.
>>
>Run Away allows the user to escape from Arena Trap/Shadow Tag, trapping moves and Pursuit.
>>
>>25243169
>>25242732
YES
>>
>>25241744
>The effects of Slow Start gradually wear off during the five turns it is active.
>Petal Blizzard gets given to a mon that focuses on physical attacks.
>>
>>25242732
>making one ability better by making another obsolete
>wanting abilities that are actually two abilities in general
Water Veil did nothing wrong
>>
Cut-Always a critical hit.
Mega Punch- boost accuracy by 10
Mega Kick- Boost accuracy by 5
Strength- Damage is now based on opponent's weight
Dragon rage- Damage is doubled if user is below 50% health.
>>
>>25243807
>Dragon rage- Damage is doubled if user is below 50% health.
So it does 80 damage instead?
>>
>>25243814
yeah. doesn't sound like much i know, but it could help the less offensive mons that can learn it. also keeps it from being too over powered in formats that aren't lv 100.
>>
Terravolt now boosts all electric moves by 33.3%
Turboblaze now boosts all fire type moves by 33.3%
>>
>>25243807
>Strength- Damage is now based on opponent's weight
Interesting.
>>
>>25243807
Cut's got a similar power to Storm Throw and Frost Breath, right?

Wait. While their strength was bosted in gen vi the critical hit nerf also happened so Frost Breath is still shittier than Ice Beam. Maybe they could have their power boosted again?
>>
>>25245090
Sounds good.
>>
I've noticed that Wrap and Bind are almost the same, except Wrap has higher accuracy. Every Pokemon that can learn Wrap can also learn Bind thanks to the Bind tutor.

So Wrap BP is increased to 75 (x5).
>>
>>25247507
>Wrap is Bind but better
>Buff Wrap
>>
>Grip Claw and Binding Band are combined into Grip Band
>>
Hitmonlee-
Gets a kicking signature move that is basically better HJK.
Hitmonchan-
Gets a move like Spiky Shield, but maybe it has a different effect.
Hitmontop-
Triple Kick is made better, somehow. Maybe gets a special Spiky Shield.
I don't know about abilities, I just want all fully evolved Pokemon to have at least 500 BST.
>>
>>25243169
This, can't add anything to it. It's how it should be.
>>25242449
>Now Marowak has a reason to carry both Earthquake and Bonemerang.
It only needs to be able to hit flying types so Marowak's signature move can still be considered over Earthquake.
>>25252597
I rather see some Pokemon stats get buffed instead of being patched up with broken abilities.
>>
>>25253570
power-wise Bonemerang is already better than EQ because it allows to breaks Sturdy and Subs, it sucks that it has to be 90%acc
>>
>>25246187
They're effectively both 90 power. I think
>>
>>25253620
So if Cut gets made into a clone it needs to have its base power raised by 10.
>>
>>25253958
What's Cut's current BP? 50?
>>
Move for tonguemons(Greninja, Lickilicky)
100 BP
Normal
Physical
Chance to eat berry and flinch
95% acc
15PP
>>
Gyro Ball and Electro Ball base damage are no longer based on relative speed, based on absolute speed instead. Takes into account drops and boosts. Extremely high or low speeds would hit like 200BP or something
>>
>>25242374
>200 BP move that breaks subs, has 100% accuracy and has nothing that is immune to it with no drawbacks is given to a pokemon that basically has pure power

what is wrong with you
>>
>>25257250
>200
Maybe it only hits once when it returns?
>>
>>25257279
>>25257250
Maybe it is buffed to 100%Acc. by default, and just returns the Thick Club/Stick if it's been lost with one hit.
>>
>>25257464
Also hits Flyers by default.
>>
>>25257250
If it only doubles in power when Marowak doesn't have a Thick Club that's just to match the Thick Club stat.

Though I don't agree with the double power because why would you have that power if you didn't have the Thick Club? Making it retrieve one makes sense at least
>>
>>25257500
Okay, buffed to natural 100% Acc.
Ground Type
50 BP, hits twice
Hits Flyers
20 PP
Hits only once and retrieves Thick Club if the user had previously held it

Clone for Farfetch'd that is Flying and retrieves Stick.

Is this good?
>>
>>25253570
But why make it better than a move that's already really good?
Just make is a rock type move, that way it doesn't have to compete with Earthquake for the ground type move slot, and it gives Marowak a great Rock move to add to its arsenal.
>>
>>25241744
>triple kick
That's way too strong. That's a 180 damage STAB move on tech Hitmontop with no drawbacks and the ability to demolish subs. That's beyond Pixilate Hyper Voice levels of ridiculousness.
>>
>>25258021
technically it would have focus miss accuracy for full power triple kick so it wouldn't be broken per say.
>>
>>25257609
Yeah, it's good, though it probably doesn't deserve the accuracy boost now.
>>
>>25258051
Well, it wouldn't be overpowered, and so far, none of Marowak's signatures have 100% acc.
It'd just be nice.
>>
>Shadow tag no longer works on normal and psychic types as well as ghost types

The problem with shadow tag is that its Achilles' heel is ghost pokemon, which there are very few of.
>>
>>25241744
bump
>>
Well, this is my last bump.
This thread is dead.
>>
>>25259320
Just let Run Away escape.
>>
>>25263127
>>25261181
>2 bumps
>>
>>25246187
its not just about damage, the guaranteed crit goes through defense boosts, so its more reliable for breaking a wall/stall rather than praying a stronger attack gets a crit.
>>
>>25268679
needs a move that sets up all screens for both sides
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.