[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/ - Hacking and Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: VGC 2015.png (80 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
VGC 2015.png
80 KB, 400x240
There's a new version of Essentials, v16.1, be sure to upgrade!

Discuss, fiddle with the games and the scripts, present your hack or game, and help others with issues they have!

ROM Hacking:
List of notable ROM Hacks: http://pastebin.com/ua7u6gZz
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials:
Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki
RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://reliccastle.com/forums/

IRC channel: #/vp/romhack @ irc.synirc.net
Webclient: http://webirc.synirc.net/?channels=/vp/romhack

Alternate channel: #romhacking @ irc.rizon.net

Old thread: >>25067055
>>
>>25126735
I just want custom MC in gen 5.
>>
i am willing to create a gen 2 hack and i wanna do the following:

>physical/special split
>Edit Pokemon Data (BST, Movepool, Typing, Evolution Method)
>Edit available Moves (adding some gen 3/4 moves (replacing moves i don't need if i understand that right)), also editing existing moves so that shit like rock smash might get useful
>Remove fucking Flash from caves
>Place/Create new Trainers (I want some PWTish shit to go down at Mt. Silver), also means adding a new sprite or two
>Add abilities
>Obviousely edit existing trainer data and wild pokemon data and starters
>Edit market data and prices for items

>maybe adding fairy type
>maybe doing some map changes
>maybe editing shiny chances

that's all i can think of right now
now my question is, are there tools for everything that i want to do? is all of the listed stuff even possible to do on a gold or crystal rom?
>>
>>25127528
>doable
>doable
>doable depending on what you want
>piss easy
>doable
>would require a lot of work/knowledge but someone has done it before so possible
>doable
>doable

>piss easy
>doable
>should be doable

Everything seems in order. You want to use the disassembly though, not traditional hacking tools (half the shit I listed as doable is a lot harder hacking traditionally).
>>
File: 1454270369079.png (5 KB, 210x206) Image search: [Google]
1454270369079.png
5 KB, 210x206
Reposting.
>>
>>25127243
Sorry for being braindead, but what tool do you use to get the romfs of your game?
>>
File: 1454222452750.png (6 KB, 345x135) Image search: [Google]
1454222452750.png
6 KB, 345x135
I'm sure there was more but I didn't save the rest.
>>
>>25127569

all right thanks anon, i hoped to work on his on days with a little free time but seems like i will have to invest some greater amount of time first to fully get behind working the disassembly, good thing i have 2 weeks off soon, cheers
>>
File: comparison.png (314 KB, 792x634) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
314 KB, 792x634
Reposting.

Opinions?

White is less edgy, the original and serves as a memento of our mother, but black seems more well-suited for adventuring, signifies me giving into the tone of the game and makes my dick hard.

Everyone seems to prefer white.
>>
>>25127621
Looks cluttered as fuck. Also, black seems more suited to the "womanly" look of the character, pink looks really off. So your intuition was right.
>>
>>25127745
Not my game, just part of the playthrough. Don't want to make a whole new playthrough thread to ask for opinions, this thread is most relevant to an Essentials game.
>>
If you were to implement Flash in your game, would you make any changes to it, and if so, what? I'd imagine it's one of the least well received HMs both as the function it servers, and the quality of the move itself, although I have nothing to back it up.

>>25127621
>whynotboth.jpg
I like white better as well, but I'm not really the target audience for female characters, so make of that what you will.
Black one has more detail, which makes the overworld sprite look more cluttered, and I don't like how the pink and gray matches up.
>>
Post your villain team admins.
>>
>>25128001
Make it do damage, or at least be worth having around.
>>
>>25128142
But why would it do damage? It doesn't sound like something that makes sense thematically.
I could rework it into a weird Protect variant where it makes your opponent miss their next move, I don't know if that is more desirable.
>>
>>25128158
Maybe it could make the opponent flinch and thus not move? But that makes it less than useful for single battles, which again makes it nearly useless.
>>
>>25128001
I remember touhoumon made Flash a 70ish power Psychic move with a decent accuracy fall change and good distribution, made it really nice to carry around
you could also make it work like the smoke bomb items or teleport and let you run away guaranteed, would be some nice in-game utility
>>
>>25128158
Make it like a flash bang grenade, does a little damage and causes confusion for a turn? IDK if that's possible but it sounds cool on paper.
>>
>>25126735
Can someone shop the OP image to make the text say
"Wrong neighborhood, motherfucker."
>>
Okay so I'm not that tech savvy so here goes. Will I get any viruses from downloading the tools and what not from the OP. Would making a hack with beginner computer skills be possible for someone like me? I'm leaning towards gen 2 but I may do which ever is easiest...
>>
>>25128261
I think you should start with FireRed since it's the one with more tools/documentation available, which makes it the easier one for learning.

Gen 2 can be complicated depending on what you want to do. I'm still trying to understand how the dissasembly works, lol
(btw if someone can give me some pointers on that, I'd be grateful)
>>
>>25128261
Gen lll is easiest cause of all the Mario Maker esq tools. No, these links are from Pokecommunity and not W1nAfR33PS4.ru
>>
>>25128294
>>25128285
Okay guys, thanks for the feed back! I'll probably be asking questions on here a lot though so bear with me...
>>
Crystal fag can you post a gif of your pokemon following you? I remember one with like Crobat and Cyndaquil you posted MONTHS ago like in summer. I want to see it again if you don't mind.

I only lurk nowadays
>>
>>25127621
>version 7 rejuvenation
>learn you can save garbodor if you do something you may not know about.
>do it and have happy end- BUT WAIT. sidequests give even more plot! past!narcissa is now running around in present, while 3rd hidden library sidequest has weird things happening.
>all of the feels looking at the family portrait
And then in the end, I learn that v7 has longer intro. Which includes Madame X out of all people.
>>
>>25128285
well what are your questions about the disassembly
>>
>>25128103
Thanks doc
>>
>>25128103
>not lt. surge
>not team rocket petrel
Don't know the names of the other two.
At least give them new faces.
>>
>>25130257
Looks like Brock and Sabrina.
>>
>>25126735
>Playing Meme Sapphire
>Reach Slateport
>Market changes of neither Sinking or Star Sapphire
What gives? The prices are all changed fine.
>>
>>25128158
you could make it improve the user's accuracy
there are very few moves that improve accuracy
could be niche with zap cannon/dynamicpunch users
>>
>>25127528
that's cool, i'm planning a gen 2 hack of my own. however i don't intend to do a physical/special split, instead i'm just going to switch ghost and dark (ghost becomes special and dark physical), and add fairy to make it special too while making dragon physical.
besides that, and adding new caves for the legendary birds, and updating stuff, i'm not adding much. i like the old style.
>>
>>25128867
Five bucks says that Anastasia is Madame X.
>>
>2 hours in on 3x speedhack
>only about 3 or so mandatory fights
>with fucktons of cutscenes instead

Jesus fuck, is part Rejuvenation 7 full cinematic experience?

Also
>magic strong Mary sue has to earn money to support tenured professor and two deities
>doesn't use her substantial fighting ability to beat people up for prize money
>doesn't use her magic ability to create/attract valuable shiny pokemon to trade/sell
>nah she should earn fucking pennies working as a waitress for a few hours tops instead

Fucking stupid
>>
>>25131747
Hell, if she abuse her powers, then someone will abuse the bitch for said powers. I think the whole point of this is that she's keeping her powers as secretly as possible.

Also, Gardevoir's a bitch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_aLxwNLZBI
>>
>>25132006
I'm pretty sure the two stupidly named gods should know about her powers,and it wouldn't hurt for the professor in charge of a super secret elite time travelling cool kids club to know. He'd probably know how to sell the shinies secretly.

>Not Self Insert uses a dragon against a fairy type

Looking at his outfit, seems like someone is stuck in gen 5
>>
File: Santalune Mart.png (62 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Santalune Mart.png
62 KB, 400x240
Reposting my XY hack here seeing as the other thread got deleted:

>Typical 721/difficulty hack
>Optional type/stat/movepool changes, but with easy access to hidden abilities, egg moves and tutor moves in both versions
>Harder battles, more enemy Megas, etc
>Six new TMs: the elemental punches, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch, and Giga Drain
>All Mega Stones and all but two TMs available before the E4, most before the 6th badge
>Fossils are held by wild Pokemon around Glittering Cave (no room in the marts)
>Competitive items available in Snowbelle City or on wild mons
>Shitmons now need less EXP to level up, giving them a level advantage later in the game
>Documents for everything except Trainer rosters, complete with pictures and shitty word art
>Level curve designed around leaving the EXP share on, but with reduced EXP gains to keep it from getting ridiculous

Download: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw0cbznV4l_TSExKTW04bFB5TUE&usp=sharing
Drive is a bit slow, but it allows you to skim through the documents to see if you like the changes before downloading.

Thanks again to the Anon who uploaded the exefs for Y in the last thread >>25119431
>>
File: 1452724768915.png (345 KB, 452x421) Image search: [Google]
1452724768915.png
345 KB, 452x421
>>25131086
>playing Meme Sapphire
>eventually swampert gets hit with a grass type move
>activates sap sipper
>>
>>25132105
>Swampert
>Sap Sipper
Literally what. Why would they take away his biggest weakness?
>>
>>25132124
I imagine the author of the hack wanted to give Swampert something that could compete with Blaziken.
>>
>>25132089
If I compile this into a .cia version, will it still have the Lumiose City save glitch?
>>
>>25132316
Unfortunately yeah, I think there's a way to build the patches into the .cia though if you can be bothered.
>>
>>25127528
>Add abilities
https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal
This'll help out
>>
>>25132341
Do you know if the update patches include/require their own code.bin? Cause that would mess with your Mart/etc changes.
>>
>>25132476
No idea, might be worth trying it to see what happens. If it does replace anything in the code.bin I could make a patch for it to add my changes back in.
>>
>>25132630
I looked into it and there are 3 conflicts between your hack and Patch v1.5;
>code.bin
>a/0/1/2 in romfs (encounters (other map data?) zonedata in [360.0])
>a/0/7/4 in romfs (text (ja-kana, ja-kanji, en, fr, it, de, es, ko))

If you use those files from the patch data as a base and rebuild your changes on top of those I think that would get rid of the Lumiose glitch while keeping your changes in tact. I don't know how annoying this would be for you so if it's too much of a hassle then no worries but it would be cool not to have to worry about losing save data.
If you're willing, here's an archive with the decrypted update data from patch 1.5:
https://mega.nz/#!7wsEESIL!sNoMOXN1usChBU06cJNbhhf2B3V1YQHffm1IA-vTfZk
>>
In my hack, which should I do to Kingler?:

>Swap ATK and SP. ATK and finally give it use of the many special moves it has
>Keep ATK the same, buff SP. ATK slightly and give it the fighting type to have a relevant stab
>Make its defense its ATK and its ATK its SP. ATK
>>
If I'm playing Star Sapphire, do trade evolutions evolve with level up or something? I want to know if I need to ditch my phantump because it'll never evolve.

I don't know if this is the right thread.
>>
>>25132777
The code.bin and and a/0/7/4 files would be pretty easy to redo. The wild encounters file on the other hand could be a bit of a bitch, that took forever to edit. I'll give it a shot though, might be able to hex edit the changes back in or something.

If you want to play in the meantime, the glitch is easy enough to avoid. It only affects the outer circle of the city, all the buildings and the rest of it are safe. If you do run into it, you can always copy the save file onto a game with the patch to fix it.

>>25132849
Which gen is this for? If there's no split the third option would be interesting, as long as it keeps its defense stat as is so it's not slow and frail.
>>
Is star sapphire supposed to be nofun? Is there a more fun or at least reasonable gen 6 hack?
Also is there a pokemon location guide or what?

>>25132947
Phantump Evolves into Trevenant when leveled up knowing the move Forest’s Curse.
>>
>>25132986
Sinking Sapphire/Rising Ruby are a lot less challenging that Star Sapph, though personally Star was the most fun I've had with a Pokemon game since I was a little kid. It makes you think your team through properly to get passed the gyms.

As for locations, all the Pokemon are in their regular locations. All Star does is make National Dex Pokemon available when you don't have the National Dex. Easiest guide for this is just looking up a Route/Pokemon on Bulbapedia and it'll tell you what's on the route/where the Pokemon is found.
>>
I'm completely new to pokemon essentials/rpg maker even, but I might like to try them out sometime anyway.

What would you guys say is reasonable/doable for a guy like me to make?
>>
>>25132972
Gen III.
>>
>>25133065
Include PSS
>>
Can I use that large group of "?" in between the Johto and Hoenn Pokedex as fakemon? I'm using YAPE and it's letting me edit everything but the Pokedex, which makes me think I can't.
>>
>>25133194
...As in, the player search system? I'm assuming you mean something else.
>>
>>25133247
Physical special split
>>
>>25133235
You can, but you'd be better off just expanding the Pokedex with G3HS or a hex editor. If you edit those "?" slots with YAPE they'll crash the game if the player catches one, but they can be used by NPCs or as mons that are only obtainable by evolving something else.
>>
>>25133280
Man, I just got done balancing the first two generations of shitmons around pre-PSS, though.

Also, doesn't including PSS make some parts of hacking harder to do? I was under the impression you need a clean rom or whatever. Man, it's been a LONG time since I tried this stuff. ~7 years.
>>
>>25132849
best option is to just remove it from the game altogether and replace it with a better mon from a future gen like clawitzer, otherwise from your options the first one is the best
>>
>>25133311
The rom doesn't need to be clean with the latest version of it. The only downside is that you'll have to spend a couple of hours typing 1 or 0 into a move editor to tell the game which moves are physical or special. You might want to take a look through the research and development forum on pokecommunity, they've done a lot in 7 years.
>>
>>25131296
stuff i've done so far in my crystal hack:
>updated the types, including the matchups, to include fairy. fairy is a special type (originally replacing the bird type), which was swapped with dragon (now a physical type). similarly, ghost and dark have swapped too (now special and physical, respectively)
>updated learnsets and moves available
>updated stats and tweaked a bit with some stats to make some shitmons like ariados more viable.
>venomoth is bug/psychic, arcanine is normal/fire (dat extremespeed STAB doe)
>since dark is physical, i've swapped flareon's, umbreon's and espeon's stats around. espeon became the defensive one with mean look/baton pass (always looked more defensive to me imo), flareon got the specially offensive stats from espeon (can be used quite devastatingly), and finally umbreon got the physically offensive stats from flareon which it can now actually use
>updated trainers and gym leaders to give it a twist
>updated the level scale

things i plan to do:
>create new moves, especially for the fairy types which really need them
>add new areas for the legendary birds, mewtwo and mew
>edit events in order to get the fossils, all the starters and celebi
and eventually
>replace mons, and create animated sprites for new mons (sounds the hardest to me), in order to have a more balanced dex with more rare types becoming less rare (like ghost and ice) but also with gen IV evolutions, and to remove basic stuff no one ever uses like seaking

r8 pls
>>
>>25133488
oh, and i don't intend to have physical special split. i want to it to have special types and physical types
>>
>>25133488
Sounds good. Bug/Psychic Venomoth seems out there but I don't see why not.
>>
>>25133488
Interesting. Will play when its done.
>>
>>25133488
>Removing Pokemon

Anon, that's the mark of a bad hack. Next thing you know you'll be removing good moves from decent pokemon to make room for the Pokemon YOU want the player to use. That really takes away from player choice and it's wholly unpleasant.
>>
>>25127256
Maybe in a couple months someone will release a program to do that. If I stop being so lazy that is.
>>
>>25133702
It's Gen 2, anon, you have to remove Pokémon to add new ones due to limited slots. There's only room for two new ones without removing anything.
>>
>>25133850
Wait, really?
Damn. My ideal gen 2 hack has PSS, and all gen 2 mons with their future crossgen evos. Guess that's not happening.
>>
>>25131086
It's because you forgot to remove the 1.4 update. The market changes are in the exefs, and the update messes with that.
>>
>>25132777
I messed around with these a bit, turns out a/0/7/4 isn't actually needed at all and a/0/1/2 was easily fixed by slapping a patch on it. Unfortunately PK3DS doesn't like the updated code.bin so I'd have to do that with a hex editor, might try it later but there's no guarantee it'll work.
>>
>>25133938
I'm thinking that the code.bin for the update patch might just contain redirections, like in other words it basically tells the regular Pokemon X game to redirect where it looks for particular GARC parts to the patch's romfs files as opposed to the original ones. That might be why pk3DS doesn't pick up on it properly. Maybe it'd work without messing with the code.bin since in this case we'd be manually overwriting the original romfs files with the new patch ones and modded ones so it doesn't need any redirection. I'm willing to bet the Lumiose fix is either in a/0/1/2 or the various .cro files the patch fixes (which aren't changed by your update). So hopefully it works with the old code.bin that you provided in the EXWY download pack? Thanks for looking into this by the way!
>>
>>25133963
That seems likely, I assume all the extra parts in the code.bin relocated the mart data, so PK3DS looks in the old location and finds something else. I'll upload the updated a/0/1/2 file shortly, it seems reasonable that it would work with the old code.bin as you say. It'll be interesting to see if it works. I'm going to try to hex edit the new one now anyway, can't test it myself as I don't have CFW though. And no problem Anon, hope you like the game!
>>
>>25133883
Well, it's not impossible, but to do it you'd need to expand the number of Pokémon to a 16-bit value. This would require you rewrite every function to account for it being 16-bit and not 8-bit.

While this isn't hard in the sense of complexity, it's more effort than anyone's taken the time to surmount since it's not something you can just automate. Once someone actually does it and makes it public anyone will be able to use it as a base, so maybe you'll just have to be patient for when someone does, which it probably will eventually since it's in pretty high demand for obvious reasons.
>>
>>25134265
Sounds good! I'll purposely save in a Lumiose boulevarde once I get there and let you know if there's any issues, I have CFW so I can use the new save manager to easily backup just in case. Also, would you like me to try my hand at a custom titlescreen and icon for the game to help differentiate it from the regular version of X?
>>
>>25134574
Thanks Anon, the new map file is up on drive in its own folder now. I managed to find and replace all the tm and mart data in the updated code.bin, don't know if it will work but it might be worth trying. And a custom title screen and icon would be amazing, thanks!
>>
Doors?
>>
>>25134876
Windows?
>>
Man, fighting Roxanne early is fucking hell in Star Sapphire. Most of the wild pokemon up to that point seem like absolute shitmons. Is there anything I can catch other than an Eevee that I can use to crash the gym and move forward to a place where my selection doesn't suck weiners?
>>
>>25135035
My team at that point was something along the lines of
>Lombre - Teeter Dance + Fake Out, Absorb/Bubble also were super effective moves
>Poochyena - Sand Attack
>Tailow - Sand Attack
>Zorua - Fake Tears helps heaps in lowering Special Defence to make it easy to break through with Marshtomp
>Marshtomp - Mud bomb/shot/whatevs + SpDef drop from Fake Tears helped
>Eevee w/ Adapatability

I led Lombre and went with Fake Out then Teeter Danced her Shuckle. If she got off a Sticky Web I soft reset and tried again. I then used Bubble once or twice, which triggers her to switch Shuckle to Lileep for the Storm Drain boost - I would predict the switch and use Absorb which would do negligible damage. Then I'd go for the Teeter Dance again to confuse Lileep (which was to me her biggest threat) and then I'd go into Poochyena/Tailow to get off as many Sand Attacks as possible and hope for accuracy hax. Then switch to Zorua for Fake Tears SpDef drop before going back into Marshtomp or Lombre to finish it off, usually Marshtomp though because higher base power ground STABs though I had to watch for her grass attacks. Once Lileep was gone I found her pretty easy as long as my Marsh/Lombre/Zorua were still alive, I could just come in and Fake Out/Teeter Dance/Fake Tears then kill with Marsh. Sand Attack hax also helped in situations where I was getting walled or at risk of getting swept.

Roxanne was by far the biggest challenge for the first half of the game just because your Pokemon don't know many good moves and you don't have much choice in the mons you can use. She's even harder if you set yourself a challenge like I did to not use healing items. It's super rewarding once you think it through and manage to beat her though. If you're really struggling, try playing Meme Sapphire instead, it's Star Sapphire with Sinking Sapphire's Pokemon changes so you can get more viable pokemon earlier.
>>
>>25134967
Doors.
>>
>>25135121
Windows.
>>
What gen 4 rom hacks would you guys recommend? Doesn't have to be a hack of DPPt or HGSS per se, but just a good romhack that uses the gen 4 engine.

Also, is there a reason why gen 4 rom hacks are harder to come by?
>>
>>25135148
People never put the effort required to make breakthroughs with hacking and instead just opted to stay in Gen 3 and backport changes when able.

There's literally one hack I know of with custom map changes, and that's a remake of Light Platinum (a Gen 3 hack) in the HGSS engine.

The only Gen 4 hack I played is Sacred Gold/Storm Silver, which is really good.
>>
File: eternalx.png (683 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
eternalx.png
683 KB, 800x480
>>25134649
Ok I grabbed those update files and made a .cia with them, and I whipped up a quick Title Screen and icon edit for both EX and WY! You can grab the icon.bins and title screen garc edit here:
https://mega.nz/#!vhVzHTyS!-U-mDaRWR3eJlq7kngKBx4rCwdtGK3nnktmzMhcfz7Q

I'll upload the EternalX.cia I made to share with everyone once I confirm that all the changes made it through in tact and that the Lumiose glitch is gone.
>>
>>25135236
Oh wow those are amazing, thank you! I'll add them to the download immediately. Is the .cia the version with or without the major Pokemon changes?
>>
>>25135394
It's with the major changes (rebalanced patch I think it was called?)

Did PokeBalls always cost $40? If not then it means at least the code.bin edit worked (I'm using the old code.bin not the new edited one). What other changes should I look out for early game to confirm the patch worked?
>>
>>25135416
Yup that's the major changes version. The cheap PokeBalls are part of the romfs, the earliest you'll be able to see the code.bin changes is in the Santalune City mart - they should be selling TMs instead of stat items. If the TM changes worked they should have Fire, Ice and Thunder Punch for sale along with a few others.
>>
>>25133614
well it's more specially oriented and all it learns is psychic moves. in any case, i think i will remove it and replace it with something else on the long run.

also plan on doing a move relearner and a move tutor for some good moves, though i have no idea how to do that yet.
>>
>>25135431
Hmm, doesn't look like code.bin worked then; Santalune is selling X items instead of TMs. I'll try your patch code.bin.
>>
>>25135505
>>25135431
Ok something even weirder is going on now... I forgot that I had the 1.5 patch installed and I figured that might be overwriting the code.bin changes and that's why it wasn't working, so I deleted the patch and restarted. However, now the game just crashes on startup and I can't figure out why...
>>
What are some good Rom Hacks that have all fakemon? I want something on my phone but also new things to catch since I've caught all of them in X.
>>
>>25135597
>good
>hacks
pick one
>>
>>25135597
Does Touhoumon count? If so you could play one of those.
>>
How hard would it be to make a hack based entirely in a city and city environments? I'm thinking of something that emphasizes things like Steel, Poison, Fighting types to go along with the theme.
>>
>>25135521
>>25135505
Ok nope, the new code.bin (from the patch) just makes it endlessly loop on the 3DS waves screen. I'm out of ideas; I don't think there's any way to get the update working while maintaining code.bin changes. Personally I'd rather have the code.bin changes anyway. Sorry EXWYanon, thanks for the effort though. If you have any other ideas I'm all ears.
>>
>>25135646

I'm not a pedophile so I don't like Touhoumon.
>>
File: 1452491568710.jpg (16 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
1452491568710.jpg
16 KB, 348x342
>>25135671
>using Touhou for sexual
>>
File: cirNO.jpg (100 KB, 436x348) Image search: [Google]
cirNO.jpg
100 KB, 436x348
>>25135671
>using Touhou for other than pure
>>
>>25135078
I ended up beating her with a level 24 Combusken rolling over her.

>>25135148
>>25135179
I have an old bloody platinum hack, haven't really played it, but it exists. Yea part of the problem is that the gen 4 engine wasn't fucked around with as much, and just as well considering the performance was awful according to most people around here, on top of the engine not being meaningfully better in most regards. I'll look into Sacred Gold/Storm Silver, I've been looking to replay HG/SS but I want a difficulty hack that I won't be able to roll over with an underleveled team.

I have a hard time nuzlocking anything because that requires a certain degree of honesty that I mostly can't be bothered with, gimping myself with artificial difficulty just feels awkward.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 877x337) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 877x337
Does anyone know what this means? I'm the dude doing the Crystal hack, btw. Added fairy type and whatnot. I just wanted to test some animations.
>>
>>25136380
Oh I get it now. The egg group and the type can't have the same name. On it.
>>
File: whatnow.png (12 KB, 1348x131) Image search: [Google]
whatnow.png
12 KB, 1348x131
>>25136380
>>25136399
Okay, what's this? REVENGE icon?
>>
>>25135684
>>>/jp/
>>>/trash/
>>>/hell/
>>
>>25136559
Ok, so I mistakenly typed in "Revenge" instead of "Reversal" on some movepools. My bad.
>>
>>25136576
>only quoting me
wtff
>>
>>25132105
>find wild Eevee in the wild
>EEVEE USED DRAINING KISS
>WILD EEVEE'S TYPE CHANGED TO FAIRY
>they gave Eevee protean

???

i mean unless he also made Eevee's base stats better there's basically no point isn't there?

Some other weird shit I noticed

>Cubone weak to my Ralts' confusion

Ground/fighting?

>Emolga had Gale Wings

????

>Fan Rotom has Speed Boost

????????????

fun hack so far though but roxanne was bullshit
>>
>>25131086
Remove the update, the 1.4 update breaks it. Has Star Sapphire's changes normally.

>>25132105
Haha yeah about that, I was talking to my friend about balance changes and he's a huge swampertfag and told me 'hey dude give him Sap Sipper lmao' and I actually did it the madman, and then I forgot it was literally his only weakness. If enough people complain about it I'll revert it though I guess, or at least nerf his defenses a bit to make up for it.

>>25137389

Eevee does have Protean. Base stats did increase to like 20 below a typical Eeveelution BST, his spread's like all-around and balanced though, sorta jack of all trades with no real standout stats but a great ability.

Cubone/Marowak did get changed to Ground/Fighting

Emolga does have Gale Wings, I tried to give the pika clones their own niches. (BSTs increased too as with most other shitmons)

Pikachu - Cosplay Pikachus get access to new moves, have different BSTs, types and abilities. Light Ball still works too. Example: Pikachu Ph.D has Download, is Electric/Psychic, and learns Psychic and Flash Cannon.

Raichu - The 'vanilla' one, the fastest of all of them with good stats.

Plusle / Minun - Both Electric/Fairy. Plusle has Fairy Aura (get it cause it's like a cheerleader) and Minun has Serene Grace.

Pachirisu - Gets technician, and is more physically focused. Nuzzle also had a slight BP buff so there's that too.

Emolga - Emphasized its Electric/Flying type so I gave it gale wings because memes.

Dedenne - The 'bulky' one cause he's a fatass.

>Fan Rotom has Speed Boost

This was taken BBVW2 because who the fuck thought Levitate was a good idea. Water Rotom untouched, but the other Rotoms got better stats to make them less shit.

I should really make a document detailing all the type changes cause I deviated quite a bit from Dray's changes in Sinking/BBVW2. Maybe when I have the time.

pls let me know if some of these changes are super retarded
>>
>>25137445
What are the differences for the other Cosplay Pikachus?
>>
>>25137607

>Pikachu Rock Star
>Electric / Rock
>Solid Rock
>Meteor Mash, Head Smash
>75 - 75 - 75 - 25 - 55 - 105

>Pikachu Belle
>Electric / Ice
>Serene Grace
>Ice Beam, Freeze Dry
>90 - 45 - 50 - 75 - 40 - 110

>Pikachu Pop Star
>Electric / Fairy
>Pixilate
>Dazzling Gleam, Hyper Voice
>75 - 65 - 30 - 75 - 40 - 125

>Pikachu Ph.D
>Electric / Psychic
>Download
>Psychic, Psyshock, Flash Cannon
>75 - 5 - 50 - 80 - 95 - 105

>Pikachu Libre
>Electric / Fighting
>Rock Head
>Flying Press, Thunder Punch, Close Combat
>75 - 80 - 55 - 45 - 50 - 105

Note: If the speed seems too high for a Pikachu, remember that a lot of pokemon got their stats boosted so relatively speaking it doesn't actually outspeed as many pokemon as it would normally
>>
>>25133064

For essentials anon, I'd try to map a basic town and put in a working starter selection. That'll give you a good idea how much work a full town/game will take.
>>
Horde battles in essentials when? I need my horribly op fakemons to challenge you to a 5 on 1
>>
>>25135663
The only thing I can think that would hold you back is making the tilesets varied enough for a whole game. Also how to handle wild mons.
>>
>>25135664
Apparently the exefs has a few file hashes that need to be edited when any part of it is changed, or it doesn't work. I could probably use parts of the source code for pk3DS to generate them, but it's easier to just go without the update. Sorry anon, thanks for testing all this anyway!
>>
File: 1337333110479.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1337333110479.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>25137675
>Rock Head Volt Tackle
>>
I think I accidentally deleted whatever it was that placed my character somewhere since I deleted the starting town in essentials
I have a new town made though, but I don't know how to place my character there at the beginning of the game so I can test it out
I tried to google for a tutorial, but I can't find any that tell me how to fix this
What do I do, pls help
>>
>>25138138
Check the wiki
>>
>>25138138

Is the professor oak intro still there? That's where the command to start the game and place your character is,
>>
>>25126735
The Blaze Black and Volt White links are dead and gone.
>>
>>25137991
>Rock Head Volt Tackle while holding a Light Ball
>>
Is there any quick way to clear out all events currently in a rom? I want to make mine non-linear.
>>
>>25137675
>freeze dry on a pokemon that already has stab electric moves for water-types

why
>>
>>25136576
>>>/hell/

Which one, there are like three in Touhou.
>>
>>25126735
Alright, /vp/ you need to throw a nigga a bone here.

I got Multipatch for my Mac so I could shit like Yet Another Fire Red Hack, and now I have some application called Terminal that lets me open the ips file, only it fails to start up. What's the deal?
>>
>>25138390
>>25137991
jesus dude what the fuck were you smoking?
I want some of it
>>
Hi guys, I am doing a wonder nuzlocke challenge and need a magmarizer and a protector. I dont have much to offer. If anyone could take the time to trade me these I would be forever in your debt
>>
>>25138439
water/ground types
>>
Emulator fag here. I want to transfer some mons from my emulated roms on phone/desktop to my ORAS in the 3Ds. Is there a way to do this?
>>
>>25138653
Recreate them in PKHex. As long as you're Gen 3 or beyond there won't be any issue, though if you're doing Gen 1 or 2 you can't really make 1:1 copies.
>>
>>25137940
Yeah that sounds like way too much effort, it's no biggie.
No probs, thanks for looking into it!
>>
>>25133488

really cool desu, actually i also find it interesting when a type is pure physical or special, just make sure to to modify mons like sneasel some boosts so that they can use their stabs and dont have to remain fully shit, also maybe increasing hitmonchan to use them dank punches

what i have to ask you at this point are there limited amounts of types you can have or why do u replace flying? cause i was actually thinking about instead of adding all kinds of abilities i was thinking about the main thing that i want pokemon to do is not get hit by eq if they actually have wings or are able to levitate, so i would add LevBug, LevPsn and maybe LevSteel and give them ground immunity with the rest treated normally
>>
>>25138973
Anon didn't replace Flying, he replaced Bird, the glitch type that Missingno. had. It's still in the code for Gen 2, along with 8~ unused copies of the Normal-type.
>>
>>25138988

oh i didnt know of that at all ty

also as i'm a total noob about this i'm just gonna continue asking, i just downloaded and installed the disassembly following the install.md (and it actually worked) now to edit for example the base stats of pokemons and their types i have to go to ...\pokecrystal\data\base_stats\pokemonname.asm and edit the document and save it?! and if thats right, how do i actually bring it to a rom?
>>
File: 1415205780706.jpg (37 KB, 534x532) Image search: [Google]
1415205780706.jpg
37 KB, 534x532
>>25139131
>unsure what you're talking about because my copy of pokecrystal just has one .asm file for base stats
>they separated it into 251 different pages

Why the fuck did they do that

It's going to be so much more tedious to edit base stats this way than using a single file

Why
>>
>>25139528
>they
There is no they. I can't believe that you want to contribute but don't because you think there's other people on it.

It is a stupid change. Fix it you little shit. It's easy.
>>
>>25139819
But there are other people on it, there are multiple people working on the disassembly, you can tell by checking who's pulling what.
>>
Is there a functioning Vs. Seeker in the code of emerald? I really don't wanna have to deal with the match call shit.
>>
can someone recommend me finished ROM hacks that aren't in OP?
>>
>>25126735
Hey, guys... ehmm... is there any emualtor for 3ds for PC and pokemon x/y is playable?

T-Thanks
>>
File: 1408204022930.png (88 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1408204022930.png
88 KB, 5000x5000
>>25140351
>>
is there a way to change the Wifi Battling room to LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE through CIA/ROM editing?.

and i dont mean editing the battle videos...
>>
Rising Ruby/Sinking Sapphire or Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire?
>>
>>25141117
http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc

Pick your poison. Personally I prefer Star Sapphire because it's harder, but Meme Sapphire has the changes from both of them so it's the best.
>>
>>25141233
Much appreciated
>>
Can I remove the Pokenav/Clock in emerald? I feel like it's gonna come back to bite me in the ass if I don't.
>>
>>25143176
if you remove the clock how does eevee evolve?
>>
>>25143398
Probably change it to Sun Stone/Moon Stone.
>>
>>25143709
make sure you can buy them, then
>>
What are some rom hacks worth checking out if I've already tried out the ones in the pastebin?
>>
>>25144328
pokemon red ++
>>
What are some good Gen VI romhacks? I just finished doing the whole homebrew cfw nightmare
>>
i wish that anon who was doing the animations for newer gens moves in gen ii style was here. i can't get moonblast right. i've mixed moonlight with seismic toss but for some reason, however i change it, the "world ball" doesn't get thrown at the opponent which is what i want. instead it just stands there and suddenly the opponent loses health
>>
>>25137675
Did you edit Cosplay Pikachu's signature moves or did you add them as level up moves for each of them?
If the former, how did you do that shit? I've been figuring out how to edit signature moves for ages.
>>
>>25145308
>I've been figuring out
I've been /trying/ to figure out
>>
has vega been translated any more?
>>
>>25145411
Last I checked the translation was 100%, pastebin is outdated, there were a ton of threads when the translation came out.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (24 KB, 595x343) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
24 KB, 595x343
okay seriously how do i implement a physical/special split in gen 2 using the disassembly?

lookiong at move_effects.asm i figured i would have to edit a file called damagecalc or maybe EFFECT_NORMAL_HIT EFFECT_BURN_HIT etc which are found in moves.asm

when i go to ...\pokecrystal\battle\effects all i see is pic related, so basically only non standart effects and i couldn't find anything else move related ...
>>
>>25145776
do you know what forum it was done on?
>>
>>25145785
that's not in effects, that's in the "moves_effects" asm.
i honestly have no idea how to do the physical special split though
>>
>>25145785
Well basically what you want to do is look at how CrystalComplete did it and emulate that.

The gist of what CrystalComplete did is, they made a table of every move in the game and whether it's physical/special/status. Then you go into files related to calculating damage, and whenever it checks whether an attack is physical or special by consulting its type, change it so it consults that table.

I wish I could go into detail but I did this like eight months ago and had help with it so I don't remember too much.
>>
>>25145801

yeah well in moves_effects.asm it's basically listed what functions every move uses but what i am looking for is where the damagecalc function is declared, cause that is where i guess that u have to modify stuff to implement a physical/speial split (and probably add a additional variable to the declarations of the moves themselves in moves.asm to descide whether a move is ophysical or special
>>
Is there any hack with Orre on it? It really is a nice region, but I guess it would take too much work to remake in the handhelds.
>>
>>25145859
well the damage of a move is calculated in moves.asm. right now, whether it is physical or special depends on the type, which is on type_constants.asm. i have no idea about the rest though (the small variables in battle where the move can do a little more or a little less)
>>
>>25145843
that's exactely what i am planning to do, but the problem is
>Then you go into files related to calculating damage
i feel like i went through every folder 3 times already and i still can't find said files if i found those i guess that i could figure out the rest
>>
>>25145885

all right so i guess what i have to do now is add a variable in the moves.asm and then i have to put a AND 0 for physical or AND 1 for special after each type in the type_constants.asm ?!
>>
>>25145843
crystalcomplete has physical/special split??
>>
>>25145933
don't forget status. honestly i don't know.
>>
>>25145888
I'm pretty sure it's in battle/effect_command.asm, commands like PlayerAttackDamage.

>>25145943
It does, but if you want to use it as a base I highly, highly recommend not doing such, it hasn't been updated in like two years compared to the regular disassembly. Even I need to update my shit, I should probably just start anew and port over everything I've done because a lot of stuff's likely changed.
>>
>>25145973
>It does
that's ood because it doesn't say so in the pokecommunity forums thread and i can't see anything about it on the disassembly
>>
>>25145953
do u think a variable for status is actually needed? i mean right now synthesis for example is also simply a grass meaning it is a special move but that doesnt deal any damage if i see that right

>>25145973
thanks man, now it's time to get behind that asm syntax
>>
>>25146057
well i guess it doesn't really need it now that you put it that way. do you plan on having a symbol or something ingame to tell the player a move is special or physical? cause if so, i think special would make sense
>>
>>25146080
>special would make sense
status** would make sense
>>
>>25146080
>>25146088

nope not planning on doing so, but i agree that it would make sense if i was planning to do so
>>
>>25146124
ok cool. just remember not all people know if a move is special or physical. maybe you could add an npc just making that reference
>>
>>25146002
You can see battle/physicalspecialsplit and then look at where the function GetPhysicalSpecial is used to find every place you need to change. It's in, though there isn't an in-game mark for whether a move is physical or special so I can understand not noticing at a glance.
>>
>>25146178
yep i'm thinking about listing most changes in the intro speech instead of standart "welcome to a new world full of pokemon etc" stuff
>>
File: pokecrystal_09.png (3 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
pokecrystal_09.png
3 KB, 160x144
>>25146349
And as for the mark, I just put it in the HUD in-battle, see pic.
>>
>>25146349
you're right, thanks. he didn't mention it in the pokecommunity thread so i had no idea
>>
>>25146362
how did you make the play rough animation?
>>
>>25146370
I didn't, I just copied the Dynamicpunch animation because I'm lazy and was just testing new moves after getting the split working. I'm not the anon who was making those god-tier animations, that guy was fucking great.
>>
>>25146387
oh okay. man i really need help with this moonblast thing. thanks anyway.
>>
>>25136003
>bloody platinum
I'm actually playing through that. Still haven't found shadow lugia though. it's pretty good though in my opinion, though it's basically just difficulty hack with recoloured legendaries. Which is alright.
Are there any gen 6 hacks with remodels/retextures yet?
>>
>>25145308
>>25145317
I just added them as level up moves, apparently the signature moves are hard coded and cannot be changed for now.

Interestingly though shit like Furfrou's trims also count as different "Formes", so you can change their types, moves and stats. I only messed with types in that case. (Norma/Ghost Pharoah Trim wooooo)
>>
Does anyone know if the Newest version of Neo Y experiences that save glitch shit? I'm too paranoid to apply the actual games update since that'd presumably completely wreck the full version. But I'm also feeling like if I start my playthrough I'm going to forget it applies and lose my save eventually due to saving there.
>>
>>25146469
I know half the ORAS hacks have classic edits of Brendan and May, other than that the only dude I know who makes this kind of stuff is this guy, who just makes them for gimmick battles like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1v8fVohQjI

The models aren't bad honestly.
>>
>>25146349
>>25146002

link to this? would probably help me implement the split on my rom

speaking of the rom to get my mpdifications on rom do i just hae to type "make" in the cygwin terminal again?

also another question
do you think
OnixEvosAttacks:
db EVOLVE_LEVEL, 30, METAL_COAT, STEELIX
db ...
would work in the way that onix would have to hold metal coat and level up ti 30 to evolve or can i not combie those? cause i actually have never seen trade+hold item evolution changed to level+hold item in any hack
>>
>>25146495
>signature moves are hard coded
fug

Also, a /very/ retarded question.
I'm making an AS romhack and I used Sinking Sapphire as a base. How do I edit the title of the game so that when I scroll over it on the Home Menu/view it in system settings it doesn't say Pokemon Sinking Sapphire?
>>
>>25146574
try it. make onix a starter, make the item a metal coat instead of the berry, the assemble everything then test it. probably wont work though
>>
>>25146588

I don't really see the big deal though, since the way it works anyways is that it just prompts and lets you know that the pikachu wants to learn [move] when you change costumes.

I'm think I'm sure you can opt to have it not forget anything in its place, so it doesn't really matter. What were you trying to do with them?
>>
>>25146643
I was mostly trying to see if I could actually change them.
>>
File: 1434575978456.png (90 KB, 224x183) Image search: [Google]
1434575978456.png
90 KB, 224x183
>About to test hack for first time
>Load in VBA
>White blank screen

It's gonna be a looooong process.
>>
>>25146574
https://github.com/froggestspirit/CrystalComplete

Just remember not to use it as a base for earlier mentioned reasons, though frankenstein-ing code from it is fine if you test it.

As to Onix, I think you'd need to create a new type of evolution where it checks for your hold item after you level up with the required level. It can definitely be done, I know Red++ does it.
>>
File: 1452491802881.png (20 KB, 279x216) Image search: [Google]
1452491802881.png
20 KB, 279x216
>>25147087
Did I just say Red++ does that? Because that's completely untrue and I'm retarded for saying it, Red++ doesn't have hold items. I swear I've seen a Gen 2 hack that does it somewhere though.
>>
How can I make a pokemon have a 100% chance to hold a certain item? Using pk3DS, there's 3 slots whose percents add up to only 56%
>>
>>25147121
check how ho-oh does it. it always holds sacred ash tbqh
>>
>>25147087
>>25147114

thanks man depending on how lazy i am i might see if i code that in or simply go for something else
>>
>>25147156
That works, I guess. It has the ash in the 50% and 5% slots
>>
>>25147209
check to see if there are other scripts on ho-oh then copy them and make them to your mon
>>
File: 9f9[1].png (1 MB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
9f9[1].png
1 MB, 1065x902
>tfw you want to create a moderately cool animation for moonblast
>tfw try to put together the animations for both moonlight and seismic toss, ie, moonlight shines down then a sphere that looks like the moon is hurled at the opponent
>tfw successfully animate the light from the moon coming down
>tfw the seismic toss part doesn't work as well, globe is summoned but isn't hurled
>tfw as hard as you try and change the parameters up, the ball just isn't thrown at the opponent
>tfw incomplete moonblast animation with no moon being hurled at the opponent, just sitting there in front of the user
>tfw even try with other stuff like hyper beam-like animations but those end up fucked up as well
>tfw if i remove the moonlight part it works
>tfw try and try to change more parameters but nothing works
>tfw no idea how to conjugate both parts
>tfw absolute frustration
>tfw feeling like giving up
JUST
>>
>>25147706
Ask the IRC, it's what I always do when I'm at a complete loss. You could also PM the guy on Pokécommunity since in that thread he posted a link to his HGSS hack, I assume he's the OP of such.
>>
>>25147727
I feel like I'll just sounds like a complete idiot if i go and ask the IRC. They've already been pretty cool to me with really obvious things I just wasn't understanding, and I feel like they wont be as patient with me next time (unless of course I fake it and just create another alias). I think I'll just stop for now and try some more tomorrow.
I'm making a Crystal hack, btw.
>>
File: cirnobig.gif (43 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
cirnobig.gif
43 KB, 400x355
>>25147767
>I feel like I'll just sounds like a complete idiot if i go and ask the IRC

Never stopped me before.

If you've been asking a ton of questions at once then maybe holding off a couple days could help, but unless someone's asking you to cool it down you're probably fine.
>>
>>25147802
Alrighty, thanks for the tip. IRC people frighten tbqh.
>>
So I was wanting to try a ROM hack for XY, and was checking out Neo XY but then came here and noticed >>25132089. What are the general differences between the two? I noted some things checking the documentations like how Electivire's type differences (prefer Electric/Fighting myself). Also not sure if Neo XY has changed the hidden abilities of pokemon or not since the changes there are a bit vague.

If anyone has tried both yet, which would you recommend? And are there any other notable XY ROM hacks?
>>
>>25148163
Don't get Neo XY, it's awful.
Anon's hack looks good tho
>>
>>25148260
What exactly is wrong with it? Terrible balance or what?
>>
>>25148338
It makes a lot of changes that don't make any sense; things like Rock Throw Ariados in the first gym and making Exploud Ground/Fairy. It also replaces a lot of the dialogue with poorly written nonsense for no reason.
>>
>>25148338
Tons of shit.

If you want just one example, this is the opening of his hack in the story guide he wrote, because the new story requires one.

>With the increasing threat of an all out Pokémon War with Unova after her fall to Plasmism (NeoTeam Plasma) and the fear of Neo Plasma invading and seizing Kalos; Supreme Lady Diantha has passed emergency legislation with the informal approval of the Elite Four and Gym leaders (Collectively the Elite Council) for Operation Mega Evolution (Operation: ME) to massively boost the power potential of Pokémon and make sure the region is prepared for conflict.
>Whilst some oppose Diantha’s decision as an act of impatience and question the morality behind the rumored intense experimentation on Pokémon to unlock their mega stones, the vast majority support their Leader in her decision. Diantha appoints Professor Sycamore and Dr Lysandre in charge of operations. However, after some time into the operation Lysandre suddenly retracts support for operation ME and publicly condemns it as cruel and unnecessary.
>With operation ME nearing it’s beta completion with successful results, Sycamore decides to naturally test their power by supplying mega stones to five new trainers about to begin their adventure…

And here's Diantha's rewrite:
>Diantha is the supreme leader of Kalos. She and the Elite Council (formed from elite four and gym leaders) make key decisions to ensure the safety and well being of the people of Kalos. Some argue her leadership has seen Pokémon stripped of their rights such as forcing migration which has seen the number of Pokémon living within a habitat spike but overall she has been a good leader who clearly cares for her people. For the first time in the government’s history she ruled an emergency decree without the council’s formal consent to proceed with operation ME to speed up the procedure in time for defending against Plasma. Little does she know this decision will brew a deadly internal Kalos threat…
>>
>>25148494
And I'm reading through the dex just to find some retarded type changes, and they're there.

>Vulpix/Ninetales: Fire/Dark
>Parasect: Bug/Ghost
>Butterfree AND Venomoth are both Bug/Psychic
>Ponyta/Rapidash: Fire/Fairy
>Slowking: Water/Fairy
>Farfetch'd: Ground/Flying
>Horsea/Seadra: Water/Dragon
>Elekid line: Electric/Psychic
>Magby line: Fire/Psychic
>Porygon line: Normal/Psychic
>Dragonite: Dragon/Fairy
>Mew: Psychic/Fairy
>Sunflora: Grass/Fire (get it because it's a sunflower so it must be a sun)
>Girafarig: Psychic/Dark
>Stantler: Ground/Fairy
>Corsola: Rock/Fairy
>Exploud: Ground/Fairy
>Volbeat: Bug/Electric
>Illumise: Bug/Ghost
>Spinda: Normal/Psychic
>Swablu: Fairy/Flying
>Absol: Dark/Fairy
>Huntail: Water/Electric
>Gorebyess: Water/Psychic
>Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola, both Water/Fairy
>Feebas/Milotic also Water/Fairy (this one is more believable but just pointing out how many Water/Fairies there are)
>Starly line: Dark/Flying
>Bibarel learns Water Shuriken
>Wormadam-Trash: Bug/Fairy
>Buneary: Normal/Fighting
>Finneon line: Water/Dark
>Phione/Manaphy: Water/Fairy
>Shaymin: Grass/Fairy
>Purrloin line: Dark/Fairy
>Pidove line: Fairy/Flying (WHY)
>Audino: Fairy (again, reasonable, just throwing more Fairies on the pile)
>Gothitelle line: Psychic/Dark
>Deerling line: Grass/Fairy
>Mienfoo line: Fighting/Psychic
>Eternal Floette: Fairy/Dark (other Floettes are Fairy/Grass)
>Clauncher line: Water/Electric
>Goomy line: Dragon/Grass

Also Gardevoir and Glalie are restricted to female/male respectively. I did notice he undid the old version having Raichu as a Dedenne evo and Diancie being a Carbink evo, so he realized he was wrong about something at least, but the whole list can be summed up as "EVERYTHING IS PSYCHIC, DARK, OR FAIRY THE END"

And this was just me skimming, I'm sure there's more dumb shit in there than I mentioned.
>>
File: SHIGGY.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
SHIGGY.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>25148634
>Let's make literally everything Fairy or Dark:The Hack
>>
>>25148634
Yeah the more I look at the documentation the more I find the choices questionable. Also read that it's a bit too hard from some people, in an unbalanced way.
>>
>>25147927
Neo X and Y have a hyper edgy deviantart sonic fan tier story, and the dialogue for most NPC's has been changed to reflect that, be prepared
>>
>>25148666
Maybe I'll do a /vp/ playthrough one day. I beat Crystal Kaizo so I'm sure I could handle the bullshit this would throw at me. I'd need to figure out how to quickly take and send screenshots without Miiverse, though, since I can imagine myself getting banned for uploading images of hacks.

I also notice your battles against Serena/Calem have them use both a Kalos and a Kanto starter, but it's only based on the Kalos starter you chose, so you could end up having the same Kanto starter since you can choose them independently.
>>
>>25148713
If you're gonna do a /vp/ play through at least do Star Sapphire or Meme Sapphire
>>
>>25149394
what's the difference between the two? is the last one like cuck emerald?
>>
>>25148634
Don't forget fucking Plusle and Minun having access to fire and water type moves for some god forsaken reason
>>
>>25149394
>implying I bought ORAS

Can't pirate either, bricked and had to update ;_;
>>
>>25149482
I mean does HANS work at least cause you can't play Neo XY otherwise
>>
>>25149486
I have Menuhax, so it should.
>>
>>25149494
Oh yeah you're fine then.
Why would you subject yourself to that garbage though just get ORAS desu
>>
>>25149498
I played ORAS, it was bad. XY is also bad but I already own it and I can guarantee I've played worse hacks.
>>
>>25132089
Any chance of a .cia version for the lazy fucks?
>>
To anyone else using a 3DS. Have you been able to install 2 copies of the same game on your system? I want to keep my Star Sapphire but want to install Meme Sapphire too.
>>
>>25149536
I would make one but unfortunately I don't have custom firmware, is there any way to create a .cia without it? If not, there was an anon yesterday who was going to upload one at some point.
>>
TOP LEL
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273252
>>
>>25150783
the kid's obviously underaged, people are being really harsh
>>
File: 1453917187831.png (197 KB, 547x356) Image search: [Google]
1453917187831.png
197 KB, 547x356
>>25150883
>Pokécommunity
>being harsh in any way
>>
>page 9
>>
>>25150783
He's just digging himself a bigger grave by negatively responding to constructive criticism.
Also, those bad sprites reminded me of: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355052
Just terrible. Yet noone in this^ thread reacted to how bad the sprites were. Have a look for yourself.
>>
>Page 10
Don't die on me just yet
>>
Any recommended 721 hacks? preferably in bw/bw2's mould
>>
>>25157706
>page 10
do people really dont use the catolog?
>>
>>25158116
Assuming you meant BBVW1 and 2, Drayano himself made an ORAS hack that's 721, Rutile Ruby/Sinking Sapphire. There's also Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire; which of the two are better seems to vary from person to person, Drayano's is easier so whether you want a big challenge or not probably affects it.

As for XY, an anon here made >>25132089, haven't tried it but it looks much better than Neo XY (the only alternative).
>>
>>25149421
That's because in the earlier versions of the hack, they were Electric/Fire and Electric/Water type. Apparently he changed the typing back, but didn't bother changing the moves back. Delibird learns a bunch of fire type moves for the same reason. A lot of his changes seemed to be based on the color of the pokemon, not on what actually makes sense.
>>
>>25158120
I do tbhh
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO I GET PAST ROXANNE IN MEME SAPPHIRE

THIS GAME IS FUCKING BROKEN THERES NOWHERE LEFT TO GRIND
>>
>>25132089
I'm fucking retarded, is there any way to get this to work on a desktop emulation?
>>
>>25161186
No. Citra is not at a point where it can emulate games smoothly, or with no issues. Google this next time.
>>25150117
You don't need cfw to create a .cia.
>>
Is there anything that has the mechanical depth/Pokemon availability of Cuck Emerald but without the complete bullshit?
>>
anyone have the Blaze Black/Volt White hack? apparently someone got butthurt and had them taken down.
>>
>>25161518
nvm i found them
>>
>no pokemon snakewood
lel
>>
>>25146588
Edit icon.bin. What's your hack?
>>
File: 2863.png (8 KB, 468x483) Image search: [Google]
2863.png
8 KB, 468x483
>>25137445
Is there any particular reason why Snow Castform is getting the cold shoulder? Vanilla Castform has a BST of 480, Sun and Rain got a boost up to 550 and 560, but then you get Snow, who only has 475.
>>
>>25165982
Well, I think I was going for it being the 'glass cannon' of the lot since it has the highest Sp.A and Speed. Not like it actually needs Atk or anything at all, while the other two are bulkier but slower and not as strong.
>>
So, anyone making a Pokemon Essentials game that doesn't go the Reborn route?
>>
>>25154137
No one in that thread reacted to anything period.
15 of the 19 replies to that thread are from the OP.
>>
>>25167570
Yeah, I realize that now.
If that thread was in the 'progressing hacks' forum and not in Beginner's Lounge I'm sure there would be more.
>>
File: ugly proto-island.png (137 KB, 1213x658) Image search: [Google]
ugly proto-island.png
137 KB, 1213x658
I need some help with my hack. I recently went to test it, but got only a white screen. Here's a list of what I've done so far:

>Changed Littleroot Town to an island (Pic related), haven't edited events yet.
>Changed the base stats and learnsets of all 3 gens of shitmons

Any idea of how to fix it? Was it changing the starting town's dimensions? Maybe its name?
>>
>>25168862
Not a Gen 3 hacker, but you should try recreating your steps on a clean ROM, one thing at a time, that way you can pinpoint what you did wrong.
>>
File: 1434735619200.gif (984 KB, 370x246) Image search: [Google]
1434735619200.gif
984 KB, 370x246
I'm messing around a bit in the pokecrystal disassembly. How do I use crowdmap? I cloned it in my repo for pokecrystal and ran the python command line like the github said to, and I'm on the localhost site. However, I can't seem to open anything? I extend map properties and see all my maps there but whenever I click on it, it doesn't do anything. Is there a different way to open maps to edit them and I'm just retarded?
>>
>>25169715
Don't put it in the pokecrystal folder, put it in the root folder like this.
>>
>>25170138
I just did that and now it won't come up with a list of maps at all. The terminal is just giving me a bunch of 404 not found errors when I click around.

It's not because I'm using Cygwin, is it?
>>
>>25170611
I'm not sure, though I use cygwin. Go to the disassembly IRC, the person who made crowdmap is there.
>>
>>25168862
the base stats thing probably isn't it
you probably messed up the intro thing
>>
>>25169715
You're doing it right. pokecrystal broke compat again. Don't know when I'll have the chance to fix.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.