[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revolutionising Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
This would be the best Pokemon game ever:
Carry on with the beautiful 3D format (even though admittedly it lacks some of the original Pokemon feel) but in order to make battles more interesting and immersive: You play as the Pokemon you send out in an arena similar to the fights in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

The mechanics would be the same in terms of type matchups and you would still have 4 main abilities except there would be skill involved with execution of the abilities. So for example, a Charizard could miss his Flamethrower and get Bubble Beamed from the flank if you mis-time it.

I think it would really add another interesting dimension to the Pokemon games.
>>
It would be pretty cool OP, but the only problem I could see would be the actual length of the battles themselves. I imagine it would take a lot longer than a normal pokemon battle and would require your instant attention every time (there's no prompt or rush to attack in a normal battle), whereas in this case you'd have to immediately move to dodge. Then the game becomes about reflexes, and that would disassociate a large portion of Pokemon's audience.

I've often thought about a big mechanic change like this, but it's kind of hard to realistically come up with one that would reinvigorate the format and not kill the franchise.
>>
>>24963153
I feel like battles /should/ be longer and more epic though. They should try to make it more meaningful when you battle. This idea is the closest to approaching an actual pokemon battle where two creatures fight to the death.

I've just been through Pokemon Y and it was just laughably easy. (Granted it is targetted at a young audience) Even if it means they have to include less battles to make up for longer battling time, this new game would, in my opinion, add more difficulty to pokemon battling.
>>
Ruining Pokémon.
>>
>>24963128
It would be fun, but would quickly become "well this pokemon is just a better version of this pokemon."
>>
>>24963128

This is what spinoffs are for, faggot. You don't just completely change the core gameplay of the mainline games. You're obviously a kid more concerned with "revolution" than with giving people what they like.
>>
>>24963185
If you think about it, becoming the one to control the pokemon also defeats the fundamentals of the game. You're a pokemon trainer, so standing back and commanding your team is part of the journey.

Longer battles would also get increasingly frustrating every time you have to buzz around an arena to tell Joey why his shorts aren't comfy enough to make a 4 weedle team work. Early game and general wandering would feel tedious, or would have to become much sparser in terms of challengers.
>>
It's a casual RPG franchise, mostly for children. Your suggestion not only sounds like a stupid cluster fuck off half baked ideas, is hopelessly derivative. If you want your naruto game so badly, go back to playing it.
>>
>>24963414
Like Pokken, which is built from the ground up like the Ninja Storm games.

What OP wants is Pokken
>>
File: 1464565468.jpg (19 KB, 378x454) Image search: [Google]
1464565468.jpg
19 KB, 378x454
>>24963128
>Carry on with the beautiful 3D format
>You play as the Pokemon
>similar to the fights in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm

>these people breathe the same air as you
>>
>>24963128
As a better description (and a game that some of you regrettably may have played), try the Pokepark series. Shit under most circumstances, but the battles were actually fairly good. This couldn't be a mainline game - it'd basically be a different game with the Pokemon label stapled to it - but it would still be very fun.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.