[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why must Pokemon ORAS suck so much ass? For the longest time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Pokemon-ORAS-600x330.jpg (65 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-ORAS-600x330.jpg
65 KB, 600x330
Why must Pokemon ORAS suck so much ass?

For the longest time, Pokemon Emerald was my favorite Pokemon game of all times, for the amount of Pokemon you could find in the main story, as well for the post game content.

And after games like Pokemon HG/SS & B2/W2, which were easily some of the greatest Pokemon games to date in my opinion with the staggering amount of content in the game, as well as Pokemon available, it really makes you question what were Game Freak thinking by releasing an empty, shallow remake of Sapphire/Ruby without adding any of the content from Emerald, when they had in the previous games.
Not satisfied by just adding the boring part of the generation only, they decided to kick us harder by making the game far too easy, with Gym leaders offering little to no challenge with no incentive to have fun, and the game being completed (including that piece of crap Delta Episode, which was boring as all hell) in less than 25 hours, which falls really short compared to other games in the series.

I just hope GF releases an actual good game this year instead of X/Y as ORAS 2.0 in the scale of fun.
>>
>>24930314
>am i cool yet?
>>
>>24930316
I'm not trying to be cool, this is my honest opinion.

If you feel I'm wrong, write down why is that.
>>
File: image.png (100 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
100 KB, 375x375
>the game's bad because it's short, easy and doesn't have this thing that I like
Yeah, really getting into the details there. Never mind the experience, or literally ANYTHING else about the game, it being easy, short and not having one thing makes it objectively a bad game.
Also, god forbid Baby's First RPG is easy. It's been easy since Gen 1. You just didn't think it was easy because you were literally five years old.
Oh, but the RNG Frontier was suuuuuper hard, right? So that made up for the fact that Emerald was easy as shit, right?
Wrong.

>inb4 blatantly incorrect/opinionated "problem with ORAS" chart
>>
>>24930344
>forced to use pokemon you dislike just so you can get a challenge
Ew
>>
>>24930352
Too bad newfag, that's been the only way to get a decent challenge throughout the entire series. You want a challenging JRPG, either use Magikarp or play Final Fantasy or something.
>>
>>24930314
HavenĀ“t played my Omega ruby in like 8 onths now i agree about them being dissapointing. But ORAS being a huge dissapointment has been said and discussed like 1000 times on /vp/ already, so how about something new?
>>
>>24930377
>that's been the only way to get a decent challenge throughout the entire series
Nah, there was a point where the AI was actually smarter and the bosses at least actually had pretty good movesets.
Archie and Maxie don't even have full teams and if you're gonna talk about how it's because the originals didn't have full teams either then they could have at least gave their 'mons non shit moves.
I'm not saying ORAS is complete shit because of this, but it's true that Gen 6 has been casualized to hell.
>>
>>24930377
>Final Fantasy
>challenging
You really are a Pokemonbabby
>>
File: 1438499500597.jpg (172 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
1438499500597.jpg
172 KB, 940x940
>>24930345
>Yeah, really getting into the details there.
Gym leaders were made without seeing people may leave the Exp Share on. (By accident or because grinding suck ass.). Not only that, but they weren't given the rematch treatment other games did. Trainers are way too easy, which they were like that in the first place, but somehow they give little to no challenge other than to grind for experience at the beginning or for money.
>It's been easy since Gen 1.
Nigga you even played Gen 2? HG/SS had quite challenging battles and fun (for the first run at least.), excluding the predictable Whitney meme, Bugsy was relatively difficult if you didn't start with Cyndaquil (Not hard, per se, but wasn't easy like the previous guy.), Chuck gave you a run for your money and Clair was pretty challenging too. And the Elite Four was fun. And while Kanto was easy for the most part, Red is still one of the most challenging battles in the series, and Elite Four Rematch was no joke.
BW2 had an insane amount of content and one of the biggest casual filter in the series in my opinion, with Clay being one of the most difficult gym leaders I've ever fought to date.
> RNG Frontier was suuuuuper hard
It was really fun. It provided a new challenge to the game and made it diverse enough to allow you to spend a lot of time trying to beat it. (Specially without EV training.)
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>24930344
>Having to use Pokemon that are no fun to make the game more enjoyable.
>>
>>24930470
I'm not saying ORAS was shit because it didn't include BF, I'm just disappointed in the overall endgame and the lack of features the game has that other games had, like the join avenue or world tournament from B2W2.
>>
>>24930489

Instead there's soaring, the dexnav, the enhanced secret bases etc. This is a remake and it have all features + some new ones and that's as much as in H/SS.

No BF was clear, since the copy&paste the facility from the previous game.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.