[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which game was the best? I had Gold version and so that one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (137 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137 KB, 1440x1080
Which game was the best?

I had Gold version and so that one is the best for me.
>>
>>24897398

Well, in cases like this. The third game is always the objectively better one, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum all of them.
>>
It's a tough pick. Crystal is the best of the three, but still filled with the crippling flaws that made GS so bad. HGSS brings some improvements, but adds awful flaws of its own like gen 4's crawling game speed.
>>
I played through a randomized run of Gold for shits and giggles like 2 months ago. The Present glitch with Delibird was enough to ruin all of my memories of Gold and Silver. What a load of bullshit.

Since Crystal fixed some of the worst of GS's glitches and had some cool stuff like the Battle Tower and animations, it's easily the best. I think that, since it was the first "third game" to mostly focus on fixing things (instead of changing the plot, too, like Pokemon Yellow), people tend to rate it lower. But it was objectively better than either game, even if only by a little bit.
>>
File: 1450985872619.png (96 KB, 180x294) Image search: [Google]
1450985872619.png
96 KB, 180x294
>>24897398
Third version is always the best.

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum

BW2 is pretty much a totally different game, not a third improved version of BW. BW may be better depending on the person. Totally different case with Gen5

When you compare third verisons to remakes, well that's really left to personal preferences as well.
>>
daimond
>>
>>24897398
Gold because Crystal doesn't have Ampharos line and Ho-oh is the better mascot.
>>
>>24898319
Gen 5 didn't get a 3rd game because there was no chance of saving the games, so they moved on to gen 6 and saved the series.
>>
>>24902834
Ho oh is a chicken, totally not cool especially taking into account it is a box legend

Lugia is way better, a true legendary that instills awe to whoever sees it. that's why ho oh needed that "the one who sees it will find true happiness" lore, because it sucked on its own
>>
>>24897398
I liked that you could catch Jigglypuff before you got to the first gym in Gold and Silver
But I also liked that you could catch Teddiursa and Phanpy before the first gym in Crystal
I wish they kept either of those in HGSS...
Crystal wins for me because of the sprite animations
>>
Siver, mostly because Crystal Lugia can't learn aeroblast. Otherwise Crystal wins.
>>
Crystal, obviously
>>
Crystal
>animated sprites that weren't just 2 frames
>Kris
>odd egg
>extremespeed dratini
>battle tower
>that legendary beast battle theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exG220Mur04
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.