[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokken Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: pokemon-tekken-schatten-mewtu.png (243 KB, 1279x676) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-tekken-schatten-mewtu.png
243 KB, 1279x676
Pokken Thread? Pokken Thread, there doesn't seem to be a main thread for Pokken on here! So just a general thread for it.

Post Playables you want!
Post stage ideas
Post mode ideas!
Post stages, music, assist ideas
amiibo? pokemon card amiibo?
story for retail? (probably not, we'll just get arcade mode)
Challange mode?
ect.
>>
File: golurk_by_kgym-d54nlpk.png (298 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
golurk_by_kgym-d54nlpk.png
298 KB, 600x550
>whole gimmick is punching things
>jets through the air
>ground rep
>a gen V rep
>special would be removing the seal from its chest if not the opportunity for some kind of new mega
>>
>>24888767
>Post Playables you want!
Some Gen 5/6 reps would be good.
I'd like to see Emboar, Golurk, Chesnaught and Hoopa to name a few (HD Hyperspace Fury would be fucking amazing) but also some non-conventional fighters would be fun
>Post stage ideas
I got nothin'
Maybe some Anime Pokemon league stages or something. A stage based on Stadium would be cool, I'd give my left nut to fight it out in the Prime cup arena
>Post mode ideas!
Survival mode and mission mode would be cool.
>Post stages, music, assist ideas
I want Dedenne in as a support mon, I love that potato, also it'd be cool if we had some support legendaries to come in and affect the game in a way that relates to their lore (like Dialga coming in and slowing down time or Palkia creating damaging distortions)
>amiibo? pokemon card amiibo?
Amiibo cards are already confirmed, I doubt amiibo figures will be created.
>story for retail? (probably not, we'll just get arcade mode)
Maybe, I'm hoping we get a story mode. Though I'd be fine with an arcade mode with cutscenes in the beginning and afterwards ala Tekken
>Challange mode?
Challenge*

One thing I'd like to see are alternate fighting styles or something for Pokemon. It's probably something that wouldn't happen until a sequel but hopefully it'd work similar to the variation system in MKX, with Pokemon gaining new moves, burst modes, etc. Maybe a Shiny that works differently or a Y Mega Evo for Mewtwo/Charizard or Pokemon that Mega Evolve don't Mega in exchange for something else (Like a Blaze Charizard with a bigger tail flame that has fire based attacks do way more damage or something).
>>
>>24888767
Scolipede, Golurk, Lopunny, Zoroark or Ditto, Scraffy, Mienshao, Sawk, and Boss Regigigas
>Post stage ideas
Battle Subway, classic 2d scroll, limited jump.
>Post mode ideas!
Story mode with Visual novel
>Post music,
Magmar theme(I don't know the original title)
>Post assist ideas
Rolling Golem, Gigadrill Excadrill, magikarp evo in gyarados with dragon rage!"!!!
>>
File: CM9EC4_UAAAtgSA.jpg (54 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
CM9EC4_UAAAtgSA.jpg
54 KB, 600x444
Pokemon I want in are Mienshao (or Mienfoo) Mawile, Ampharos, Hitmonchan and/or Hitmonlee, Mew, Darkrai, Meloetta, any bird pokemon, and a Gen 6 pokemon.

Stage ideas, maybe some icon places like that snow place you fight Red from Crystal, or the volcano you fight Groudon in.

Mode ideas, simple challenge mode and story mode would be neat, also tag/team battles and a type effectiveness option (which could be turned on and off and used in team battles)

Music, champion remixes.

Assist ideas, onyx bind.

amiibo (or at least one) were confirmed, although I hope the figures work, and that we get figures of other pokemon too.
>>
Can't wait to kick ass with sceptile
>>
>>24888818
>>24889574
>>24891409
What's with all the Gen 5 love?
>>
>>24888767
seen a few pokken threads here. ppl seem to be hyped.
i can say right now suicune needs to be fixed hes op, gameplay is nice. controller is meh.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1000x895) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1000x895
>only usable in ONE game
why did they even bother?
>>
>>24888767
My top 5 are Mienshao, Swampert, Breloom, Donphan and Braviary. But I'm not that much of a rosterfag so I'll be fine with whatever we get, as long as there is variety in playstyles.
>Post stage ideas
A jungle/forest stage would go nicely with the Blue Dome and Phos Volcano. Or a valley/hills stage with beautiful vistas. There are tons of cool options really.
>Post mode ideas!
Some kind of a story mode is a given, single player tends to be dull without these. Some kind of a career mode (take on different gyms, leagues etc), multiple challenge modes, maybe character centric stories would also be very nice.
>assist ideas
posted this one before, but here it goes:
Magnemite - long range, uses Magnet Bomb, if hits, deals a bit of damage and pulls the opponent towards the player
Hariyama - short range, hits the opponent with Arm Thurst, knocking them back considerably
>amiibo? pokemon card amiibo?
I think figurines would be cooler, since Pokken roster's is unlikely to exceed 25 characters.
>story for retail? (probably not, we'll just get arcade mode) Challange mode?
Already covered above.

I'm hyped/10 in case it wasnt obvious. I'm still pondering whether to get a Wii U now or wait and see if Ninty announces NX somewhere down the line. E3 luckily happens in the same month Pokken has it's western release, so I might just go with the second option.
>>
>>24895664
you could say that for the gamecube controller adapter for wii u too
>>
>>24895723
At least the GC controller can be used for emulation
>>
Milotic a fighter!
>>
>>24895304

It's a great Gen. It did have some subpar spinoffs, but Conquest was nice and also that Learn to Type OST.
>>
>>24895304
It has no playable fighters at the moment. Neither does 6 for that matter
>>
>>24895863
i guess milotic and Flygon need some justice
sceptile got his
>>
>>24895986
I'd rather Flygon not become a fighter since that would mean he's not getting a Mega in Z.

Maybe in Pokken 2 if they ever get to make a sequel.
>>
>>24896006
>that would mean he's not getting a Mega in Z
How?
>>
File: Jawesome.png (1 MB, 1864x964) Image search: [Google]
Jawesome.png
1 MB, 1864x964
>>24888767
I'd like to see either Feraligatr, Krookodile or Tyrantrum playable. It would be great to get a unique character with a bite-based moveset.
>>
>>24898204
Well, anon, anon is assuming, like most people are, that if a Pokémon gets into Pokken that doesn't have a Mega Evolution, it won't ever be getting a Mega at all.

The Burst mode utilizes Mega Evolution, and in the case of, for example, Machamp or Weavile, they just kinda get stronger or emanate their element more heavily. Leading us to believe that these Pokémon have no future plans for Mega Evolution.

Also why I'm thinking that it's safe to assume there won't be any other Ice types or Electric types that can't Mega Evolve coming to the game, since their Burst modes would essentially be the same as Weavile's/Pikachu's.
>>
Anyone think we'll get amiibos for this game?
Like actual figures and not those cards
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.