[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most amazing thing about Pokemon Go? The game sucks. But
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 244 - dji9ozB.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
244 - dji9ozB.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
The most amazing thing about Pokemon Go?

The game sucks. But it's good.

Like seriously, it SUCKS. It's a skinner box in combination with a treadmill. Also you can meet people with it, which is honestly the best thing about it. It's job is to occasionally release endorphins into your body. Doing exercise also releases even more endorphins into your body. It's really sad when I have to say that fucking CANDY CRUSH and FARMVILLE have more depth than PoGo.

The base gameplay is complete garbage. There's no debating this. Catching pokes is boring after 10 minutes and extremely luck-based later on. Battling pokemon is one of the most shallow things I've ever seen in a game (tap screen to win, dodging doesn't work) and type differences mean almost nothing.

Here is how to master the combat of PoGo: Understand the following statement:

If number x is greater than y, the corresponding pokemon will win the battle.

That's it. It's stupid.

Collecting things is fun, but that's only because of the OCD-like completionism compulsions in people.

Yet despite these things, Nintendo has made a complete killing in the market for 3 reasons: it's in a market they haven't done anything in before, it's free, and it banks off nostalgia appeal.

What a magical world.
>>
>>27151083
>If number x is greater than y, the corresponding pokemon will win the battle.

Nope. Types matter. I had like a 580 CP mon vs a 500 at a gym and the gym mon killed my guy because he had the type advantage.
>>
>>27151146
Dramatically different, would be a better way to phrase it.

In the canon handheld games, type differences are pretty important. Doesn't seem to be the case here.
>>
>>27151083
God dam you talk like a fucking millennial.

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.
>>
>>27151196
Its a mobile game you fucking autist everyone knows the game is mechanically simple it was never meant to replace the mainline games in any shape or form, the focus of the game is capturing and actually moving around, please stop analyzing a fucking iPhone game
>>
File: 1468139058398.png (649 KB, 977x1195) Image search: [Google]
1468139058398.png
649 KB, 977x1195
>dodging doesn't work
>>
>>27151233
How do you know how he talks?

>>27151083
wtf is the point of this thread OP, to post your analysis? Fuck off no one cares
>>
>>27151310
Not OP but for the life of me I cant dodge consistently really seems luck based.
My winning strategy is to tap that phone like a motherfucker.
>>
File: 1467517341889s.jpg (6 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1467517341889s.jpg
6 KB, 250x231
>>27151310
It really doesn't. I'll dodge randomly and some times get it, but if I'm dodging that means I'm not attacking. Attacks aren't well telegraphed, and the attack animations don't sync up well enough to serve as an indicator. Add in lag, and dodging winds up being practically useless.
>>
>>27151233
This post was written by a millenial.
>>
>>27151384
everyone on this board is a millennial
>>
ITT: OP is a fag
>>
>>27151196
Type differences actually aren't entirely important in the games either. One of the strongest walls in the game was Chansey/Blissey who had no resistances and one immunity, and it was regularly beaten by neutral moves. One of the strongest types in the game was Dragon which was Super effective on itself and neutral to everything but Steel. That was too broken and they added fairy to the chart. Eelektross is a shitty Pokemon despite no weaknesses. Garchomp has 3 weaknesses and it's a great Pokemon.
>>
File: smb_bowser.png (13 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
smb_bowser.png
13 KB, 245x238
>>27151083
The most amazing thing about OP?

His post sucks. But it's good.

Like seriously, it SUCKS. It's shitty bait in combination with cold pasta. Also you can troll people with it, which is honestly the best thing about it. It's job is to occasionally release endorphins into your body. Doing exercise also releases even more memes into the Internet. It's really sad when I have to say that fucking NAVY SEAL and SHREK have more remixability than OP's post.

The base dialogue is complete garbage. There's no debating this. Reading the post is boring after 10 minutes and extremely tiresome later on. Critiquing Pokemon Go is one of the most shallow things I've ever seen on 4chan (mention how you tap screen to win, dodging doesn't work) and saying it's bad means almost nothing.

Here is how to master the art of baitposting: Understand the following statement:

If wordcount x is greater than y, the corresponding bait will get more replies.

That's it. It's stupid.

Collecting replies is fun, but that's only because of the OCD-like completionism compulsions in people.

Yet despite these things, OP has made a complete killing on /vp/ for 3 reasons: it's in a market that's been proven profitable, baiting's free, and it banks off responses from cyber warriors.

What a magical website.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.