[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I think I've figured out the spread for instanced Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
So, I think I've figured out the spread for instanced Pokemon encounters.
It appears to be in a grid, spaced 75m apart, starting from the nearest road.

It appears to be offset at least 10-15m from roads (probably to reduce road kill).

I will walk the grid tonight and update with my findings.
>>
>autism
>>
>>27140193
The only way to get ahead in pokemon is autism.
You need only embrace it.
>>
Just confirmed two more points on the map.
>>
loving that concept!
>>
>>27140203
This. Look at Smogon
>>
>>27140350
Tone it down a bit mate.
>>
One more point confirmed.

I'm not looking forward to the second part, walking between the grid zones, avoiding the points to prove that pokemon only spawn on the intersections.
>>
I can definitly say it appears to be like this in my city as well.

I have noticed the pops all appear at regular intervals.
>>
>>27140629
I originally noticed the instances appearing in three places and then used the data from my captured pokemon to plot their locations.
After that the grid became clear and I intend to prove or disprove it tonight.

It should make capturing pokemon significantly quicker.
>>
File: fuck_this.jpg (4 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
fuck_this.jpg
4 KB, 200x201
>>27140119
>>
>>27140830
>Implying this is bait.
>>
Way to go, anon. You have a future with CIA.

or being alone forever.

All relative
>>
If it's a grid, it's most likely S2 grid. Same as used for ingress cells, but at lower level.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Hl4KapfAENAOf4gv-pSngKwvS_jwNVHRPZTTDzXXn6Q
>>
>>27140973
Surprisingly I actually have a wife and a successful career.
>>
>>27141266
The wife is surprising.

But then that's always a surprise, isn't it?
>>
>>27141079
Thanks, I'll chart the grid tonight and see if it fits the rules.
>>27141279
Considering my almost unique lack of social skills and senses, it is a real surprise.
>>
>>27140119
What do you mean by instanced?
>>
OP is not a faggot. Bumping for potential win
>>
>>27140119
About how far apart are those Points? I will be willing to help you by making a map of my own.
>>
>>27141509
shit sorry about that. I meant to ask what direction where those lines facing (North? east? south? west?)
>>
>>27141509
Approximately 75m, though there is probably variance inside of that.
It is worth noting that it appears to form from the edge of the road, rather than follow a pattern across the entire map.
>>27141392
Where pokemon will pop up on your screen for you to catch as you move closer to them, as opposed to pokemon appearing out if thin air as they do with Lures and Incense.
>>27141415
I have confirmed two more
>>
>>27141532
The image is aligned north.
>>
>>27141550
could you update the map to include pokestops and gyms if there are any there?
>>
>>27141571
No pokestops or gyms in this area.
Those are defined using landmark data from google maps.

Another bit of important information.
Pokemon don't seem to continuously spawn on the point at a set interval.
My office sits on top of one of the points and by leaving my phone to idle I will find a pokemon anywhere between 5 minutes after the last one to an hour and a half after the last one.
That said, pokemon only seem to spawn at these points.

Using this knowledge, the grid and the nearby status, it should be easy to determine which point on the grid currently has a pokemon.
>>
>>27141079
>>27141538
75m is roughly level 16 S2 cell. That doesn't seem to corellate with the spots I observed. http://s2map.com
>>
>>27141627
>Those are defined using landmark data from google maps.
No, pokestops and gyms are Ingress portals
>>
>>27141642
It might scale per area.
>>
File: latitude-longitude.gif (5 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
latitude-longitude.gif
5 KB, 175x175
>>27141642
I suppose that the OP is talking about 75m east-west if so they couold have made the grid the same way we did with regular coordinates making the intersections get closer the further north or south you go.

to confirm this we would need the Longitude of both the OPs and your location.
>>
File: jg42hl.jpg (37 KB, 346x482) Image search: [Google]
jg42hl.jpg
37 KB, 346x482
>>27141689
if thats true then we will have amazing pokecatching on the North and south poles
>>
>>27141689
Also to add to this theory We might be able to assume that they use custom Grids for areas that are of High Population.
>>
>>27141689
The lines don't appear to be a set orientation, the horizontal line is not a true East West and the vertical line is North North East.
It lines up basically perfectly with the road, which makes me think they use that as their starting point, but the grid size will be based on the area, to ensure appropriate density.
>>
File: Walking path map.jpg (894 KB, 1600x987) Image search: [Google]
Walking path map.jpg
894 KB, 1600x987
maybe the areas squared off by the roads are picked to make the grid and if they cannot make atleast X grids it doesnt use that area or combines it with another...I live Right on top one of these Locations So I am thoroughly interested in this.

Just somthing to note though the two Gyms near my house dont have any pokemon that spawn near them along with the walking path around the town I live in.

But I Have found a spawning area at a McDonalds and also at the state constitution memorial.

The minor roads in that map are not listed as it was meant for tourists
>>
>>27141829
It's likely that the grid is generated by an algorithm and accessibility to pokemon is considered secondary to keeping people away from roads.
>>
>>27141860
Which is bullshit because unless I'm in a park, I'm walking on the road. Don't feel like traversing strangers' backyards.
>>
agreed, I beleive the game considers the walking path I posted above as a road so i dont even get Pokemon in the Parks.
>>
>>27141907
Hey, I don't blame them for trying to avoid lawsuits.
>>
>>27141922
I suppose trading vehicular manslaughter for trespassing is a worthy exchange.
>>
>>27142093
Well they cant be blamed if you trespass.
>>
>>27142109
Depends, if there's marked boundaries, but the game takes away your focus - they might be liable in part
>>
>>27142299
might be liable but its a hell of a lot harder to push that through a court.
>>
>>27142321
And the consequences are lot lesser than child carpaccio.
>>
OP here, I've just walked the compound, avoiding the points.
3KM walked and no pokemon.
>>
File: 7-11-2016 10-54-54 AM.jpg (100 KB, 961x559) Image search: [Google]
7-11-2016 10-54-54 AM.jpg
100 KB, 961x559
Tbh pokemon 3 steps away are usually .2 miles away.

t. spoofer
>>
>>27143089
This, spoofer here. Even with the ability to fly around my city, 3 steps can be anywhere from a few hundred meters to three kilometers away.
>>
Help a retard out OP how would i go about applying this grid to my area?
>>
>>27143089
>>27143106
It seems to be a logarithmic scale.
I think between 3-4 zones on the grid is 3 steps, 1 zone is 2 steps and .3 zones is 1 step.

>>27143113
Walk around, catch pokemon.
Find a place where they spawn and walk outwards in a spiral.
You should be able to map the size of the grid squares and approximate pokemon spawn points using this as a base measurement for the spacing of the grid lines.
You should be able to achieve this with 3 spawn points if they are close together.
>>
OP here, I've clocked off and I've passed the chart onto next shift.
They're going to test it on their breaks and will not it down for me - I'll update on their progress in approximately 15 hours.
>>
>>27144165
Did you do it?
>>
>>27146066
Do what?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.