[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to class >See people walking around trying to get to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15
File: Go.png (4 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Go.png
4 MB, 1920x1280
>Go to class
>See people walking around trying to get to Pokestops
>Make it to class
>Half the class is on their phones comparing captures
>Class ends
>Groups walking around campus going to stops and catching Pokemon together
>Complete strangers meet over Pokestops and gym battles
>Friendships are made
>Friends start planning on going to local gyms and challenging them together
What is it about Pokemon, that even after all these years, it still has the power to unite people?
>>
>>27023572
Fucking NORMIES
>>
>>27023572
>tfw Pokemon helped me make friends when I was a kid
>tfw Pokemon will probably help more people make friends with one another
>>
>>27023572
I didn't want to download Pokémon Go because I thought it would be really vapid.

I still don't know because I can't start it do to servers or whatever bs reeeeeee
>>
>>27023612
Why do you hate pokemon?
>>
>>27023612
There's no reason for this anon, why must we divide ourselves like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DzrAbLp3WE
>>
>>27023612
Pretty much. I bet if you asked them the names of the last 3 Pokemon regions, they wouldn't be able to do it.
>>
File: pepe get the fuck up.jpg (7 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
pepe get the fuck up.jpg
7 KB, 170x170
>>27023658
>tfw GO gf
>>
>>27023836
Already on it.

Now when parents ask why am i taking pictures by the kiddie pool i can just say im trying to catch pokemon in go.
>>
All of these posts are fucking shitposts and flat-out lies.

The server has been down 10x more often than it's been up, there's no way a "culture" has sprung up around this bullshit.
>>
>>27023612
fuck off desilusional troglodyte scum
>>
File: SAMEASITEVERWAS.png (395 KB, 581x463) Image search: [Google]
SAMEASITEVERWAS.png
395 KB, 581x463
>>27023658
SAME AS IT EVER WAS
>>
>>27023931
Alot of the people playing this have mental illnesses and create scenarios in their head that never happened.

Next we'll get stories about 300 lb neckbeards hooking up with super models because they own all the gyms in the area.
>>
>install Pokemon GO
>tons of pokestops in he cemetery near my house
>tons more in another cemetery a quarter mile down the road
>go on comfy walks through the cemetery with my grandma collecting pokestops and looking at all the neat old headstones and statues

There's an gym right in a back off hidden corner of the cemetery full of graves for dead babies and kids.
>>
>>27023931
Anon,just because you're a basement dweller that never leaves his house doesn't make stories of the outside world false
>>
File: croagunk_wtf_am_i_reading.jpg (41 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
croagunk_wtf_am_i_reading.jpg
41 KB, 600x581
Did the gardevoir fags pick up go or something?

The level of delusion i'm seeing surrounding this "game" rivals something you'd see in those threads.
>>
>>27024300

You're blatantly fucking retarded.
>>
>>27023612
Fuck off, cunt.
This is our turf now.
>>
>>27024438
It's okay anon, one day you'll venture outside of your safe space and make some friends
>>
>>27023931
Wut? Servers were up this morning, I got on and saw others playing just fine.
>>
I was fiddling around with my phone trying to get the app to recognize a Poke Stop located in a post office and ran into a guy trying to do the exact same thing. We compared notes about where we found eggs and it was pretty cool.
>>
>>27023836
Already just almost did.
> Stuck my phone to my cars steering wheel
> Driving around town catching Pokemon
> Need to pull over to catch fearow
> Totally unaware of my surroundings
> Moving around like a sperg trying to catch it
> Jogger comes by, gives me weird look
> Keep playing
> Jogger turns around at the end of the road and doubles back, giving me a dirty look this time
>i look up
> I'm parked next to a baseball field full of children, waving my cell phone camera around
> Promptly GTFO there
> As I turn the corner, I see police pulling into the street
> Book it to my house
>>
>>27023572

Because Pokemon was literally built around social interaction. It was the dream idea of some faggot nip who liked catching bugs too much and comparing them to other nip faggots.
>>
>>27025437

I just went out in jogging gear and no one gives me a second look walking around neighborhoods with my phone out like a spaz.
>>
>>27025462
Well good for you, but I know I look like a creep. I'm not a pedo in the least, but I'm sure some paranoid adult would assume I was from the way I look. Long beard, long, unkempt hair.
>>
>>27025506
>Long beard, long, unkempt hair.
Why do this to yourself?
>>
>>27023612
You're not wrong...every normie is posting on social media right now about how "POKEMON IS TOTES CONSUMING MY LIFE AGAIN LOL!" even though they probably haven't played the games since GSC at least. I don't mind GO, I just hate seeing the casualfags act like they give a fuck about Pokemon because some app came out.

>Haha, you have a bunch of shiny legendaries on Mega Ruby? What's shiny? I caught a Pidgeon today at the park, I'm the REAL Pokemon Master!
>>
>>27024373
It's not delusion, it's literally what's happening out in the world right now. Me and my fiancee went on a "Go walk" for a couple hours today in town and we ran into another couple who were doing the same. Had a nice chat, exchanged tips, went on our way. I'd imagine there are plenty of people making new friends over this shit.
>>
>>27025538

As a long-time pokemon player, it just frustrates me how I catch all these pokemon and then can't do shit with them unless I have these arbitrary level-up items. I just want to train my pokes the old-fashioned way.
>>
>in Publix getting ingredients
>some bitch ahead of me with a kid has 50+ items in a 10 or less section
>me and 2 older ladies talk about these guys breaking the rules
>somehow Go comes up and we talk about out adventures with it
>>
>>27025532
Because I'm already gainfully employed and married. I don't have to look good.
>>
>>27025701
Livin the dream anon
>>
I don't care if it's mostly normies playing. I'm just happy Pokemon is becoming popular with the general public again. It feels good seeing other people playing Go when the servers are up
>>
>>27026166
It's cool to see, even if it's just temporary
>>
>>27023931

This.

and who is having classes in the middle of the summer? All colleges should be out by now.

OP is a liar.
>>
>>27026923
It's called summer session you retard
>>
When will they be adding other Generations? Also do you need to spend money to evolve Pokes
>>
This game could've been much better than it is, just saying.
>>
>>27025560
How's your child gonna feel having two daddies?
>>
>>27027026
Go fuck yourself you fat piece of shit.
Just because you miss out on some of your cheetos and mountain dew breaks doesnt mean the games bad.
It just means you need to get out more from that basement that smells like dried cum and farts.
>>
>>27026166

I hate seeing other people playing GO while the Trainer Club login server is down,

I went to the store and saw 2 people at one of my gyms, and one person at another of my gyms.

Logged in with Google / made a new account to find they took them over.

now I'm a whole day behind them as far as my Pokemans CP, now I need to play catch up and take my gyms over again.
>>
>>27023685
Kill yourself trip fag
>>
>>27025437
This is why you don't use the AR.
>>
>>27023572
I actually found out today that my dad also plays it.
>>
>>27024373
I went out today and there were actually more people on pokemon go than anyone else.
>>
>>27023685
Omg if you get it please make your birthday the next day and tell us what happens!
>>
Went with some friends to a nearby University, there were people hanging out playing Go. Everyone was being super friendly, giving each other hints and advice, telling others where to catch certain Pokemon. It's cool seeing people come together like this.
>>
>>27025538
Pretty sure it's Omega Ruby. Fucking casual
>>
>>27023572
Autism.
>>
>>27024015
>>27028578
>>
File: 1452290716623.jpg (34 KB, 720x510) Image search: [Google]
1452290716623.jpg
34 KB, 720x510
>Don't own a smartphone
>Yeah . GO will be shit - so I don't have to worry
>Comes out and people are actually playing it.

I am considering getting a second phone just for GO...

Have you seen other people at these gyms that play "normal" pokemon on a DS?
I am thinking of going to such a place and try to play HGSS or ORAS.

>>27031976
>>27032996
And now I am turning jelly.
>>
>>27023572
>Use to camp local college on ingress
>Hit the same spot for go
>See 4 neck beards with a tumblrina
>A generic white family
>2 Mexican "cholos"
>2 Numales
>All playing Go

What a diverse crowd.
>>
>>27023572
>Be in class
How's summer school?
>>
>>27033053
>I am considering getting a second phone just for GO...
Look m8 it's not worth getting another phone for.
>>
File: chinpokomon.gif (26 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
chinpokomon.gif
26 KB, 267x200
>>27023572
Because Western people, specially from western Allie countries have big penises.
All women want a young American.
>>
>>27024373
Gardevoirfag here
I'm not touching that normalfag-tier piece of shit. Hell, I don't even have a phone at all.
>>
>>27033192
He's clearly talking about university you underaged autist
>>
>>27033395
Whoa hey now, you're making a lot of assumptions, like implying OP is smart enough to get into a university.
>>
File: fucking normies.jpg (42 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
fucking normies.jpg
42 KB, 800x587
>>27023572
>In school, kept my like of pokemon secret because it was the quickest way to get ostracized
>Now, "hurr I've always liked pokemon xD"- Everyone
>>
>>27033693
Just wait until Hoenn or Sinnoh pokemon to show up, or Fairy types.
>Yo, these aren't pokemon dude, where are muh original 151 and what's this Fairy type bullshit
>>
>Probably half the people on /vp/ who won't play or even TRY Pomemon Go won't play it because MUH NORMIES

It's really sad. I feel bad for these people. What made them so bitter? Are you really autistic enough to not play or try something just because a bunch of other people new to Pokèmon are doing it?

I hate to even use this word due to it being used loosely here, but if you fit this description, you're literally a contrarian.
>>
>>27034041
The Pokemon that got retyped are already fairy type now.
>>
>>27033662
You really don't have to be that smart to get into University. I have an all A average and I'm pretty normal when it comes to intelligence.
>>
>>27023612
It's even worse that Pokemon GO only has Gen 1 Pokemon. Pandering to normalfags at it's finest.
>>
>>27034116
Some people will hate any something just because it's popular

Don't miss out on something because you wanted to be a contrarian and hate on something's popularity. I made that mistake with TwitchPlaysPokemon, and when I caught it at the end of it's popularity, I felt like shit for missing out on it because I wanted to be a contrarian faggot. It's not worth it bros, just go out, catch some pokemon, and make some friends because the memories and the experience will be worth it
>>
I'm new to this board but I sure am glad it's exactly the same as all other 4chan boards and against anything remotely popular. Stay autistic bros
>>
>>27023572
I really want to get back into pokemon after seeing this game come out. But I haven't touched the series in over 10 years, and when I hear people talk about mega evolutions and whatnot, I feel it's far too late for me
>>
I'm actually glad that GO is becoming popular and is bringing back that social interaction that Pokemon was known for back in the day, but it's also sad that most of these players are probably casuals who haven't played a Pokemon game since GSC.

I see it as sad because once Gen 3-6 rolls around, no one's gonna wanna catch them. They only care for the original 151+Gen 2, and once those are done there will be uninstalls all over.

Unfortunate too, because on an optimistic note, this could be that one chance where fans who haven't played Pokemon in years can interact with the new Pokemon, form new favorites, and probably buy some of the new games to get back into it. But, I suspect this to be the majority opinion:
"Wtf are these things? I only care about the Original Pokemon, not these wierd new ones" *Uninstalls app*
>>
>>27035441
This, sadly. I know quite a lot of people who play it, but a couple of my friends are specifically happy that its only Gen 1 so far.

It pisses me off on such a deep, irrational level, but I'm not about to go full aspie and whine about it beyond a few eye rolls and disapproving sighs, but its a shame knowing that they could otherwise find that theres some pretty cool shit in things past Gen 1.
>>
>>27035491
Have they said anything concerning future new Pokemon updates?
>>
>>27023572
Back in elementary school i used to be made fun of for liking pokemon. Now that nerd/tech culture is the norm now makes me a little jealous desu. Even with the consistent bullying I still loved pokemon tho
>>
I want you all to understand first of all that we are a minority. Of the people who watched or knew of pokemon we are the minority who kept with it. They released pokemon GO with the first 150 because it IS pandering towards the masses. People aren't going to know what exists beyond the first 150 and it's best they introduce them like they were introduced to us over time. Although it is a little stupid considering people will play farm sim apps or other monster collecting games. If you can get 10000 different dragons in a new game, then 700 pokemon should be no problem too.

Anyway the point is we should be glad that pokemon is coming back for some people, this is not a bad thing. Though I feel like it will be short lived. Genwunners who stick to the 150 already won't change either. Let's get real, if we could have everything on the smartphone life would be a bit better/easier. The game being on a smartphone works because it takes the game TO people, rather than expecting them to go out and specifically buy another device even when the smartphone is fully capable of running a pokemon game.

I admit Pokemon GO isn't that great of a game, but it is free. It's also just the same shit as people getting some pokemon puzzle sidegame. There's really not much to complain about, let them think they're special when they talk about pokemon. Shit on them when they say "Charizard is the best" and talk about your favourite from another gen. Stomp on their little normie egos until they realize they don't really know anything about anything. It's just a fad for them unless pokemon GO has something more to it than being a bank.
>>
>>27025538

>mfw some guy on Facebook just posted about how a "Crabby" is in his caravan.

It's fucking Krabby you retard.
>>
>>27024227
Lucky
>>
>>27027101

Holy shit calm down
>>
>>27025538
Well most people grew up. This stupid app gives them a quick excuse to play a game they remember from their childhood. Plus people can be a fan of something without autistically devoting all of their time to it.
>>
I will admit it encouraged me to take a two hour walk this morning
>>
>>27036217

Same here, now it's really fucking hot outside so I'll bike another round about the neighborhood this evening when it cools off.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160708-103735.png (936 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-103735.png
936 KB, 1440x2560
Wish I could meet nigger lyncher in real life. We should joke about BLM and browse /pol/ together.

Too bad I'm gonna have to take over your gym in a few minutes, blue team Master race.
>>
File: image.png (547 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
547 KB, 750x1334
This Gym is right on top of my apartment leasing office.

Somehow the idea of battling out contract disputes with pokemon is hilarious to me.
>>
File: image.png (467 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
467 KB, 750x1334
>>27023572
>walk into work yesterday morning
>work for a company full of millennials but most are normies
>coming up the elevator on my phone catching a pidgey
>door opens, one of my coworkers sees me on my phone and smiles
>haha good morning to you too...?
>later
>that coworker approach my desk with a handful of others, all have their phones out
>find out everyone in the office has the app
>we all compare Pokemon and notes
>all join the same team, there's a gym across the street from our building
>conquer the gym
>find out another company in our building joined a different team
>it's now a contest between our two companies to catch it
>all going out to lunch together to find stops

I mean not to sound like a fag but this shit is really cool dude. everyone getting together to do something we all loved as a kid as like, a community
>>
>>27034041
I think it might have the opposite effect, one of the biggest issues with the game is that you see the same Pokemon everywhere, introducing new pokemon fixes that. It's a great opportunity to have genwunners see a new pokemon they might like.
>>
File: ndt pokemon.jpg (71 KB, 809x535) Image search: [Google]
ndt pokemon.jpg
71 KB, 809x535
>>27023572
>>
>>27036335
Do you live inside of the Big Bang Theory?
>>
I'm fighting the local niggers for control of their gyms
>>
I'm at the beach, but I can't connect to any goddamn servers. Any chance I'll find a gyrados?
>>
>>27026954
summer sessions are for retards
>>
>>27039684
How?
>>
File: 1445200033672.jpg (6 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1445200033672.jpg
6 KB, 236x236
>>27040708
Wanting to graduating early or swapping majors and being put a semester behind obviously makes you a retard, did you not get the memo?
>>
File: 1464317453112.png (26 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
1464317453112.png
26 KB, 307x300
>>27036708
lmao
>>
>>27028369
Yesterday was my birthday and nothing happened.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>27023572
>go to class
>have no friends
>play pokemon go by myself
>>
>>27040754
True
>>
filthy dumb normie scum
>>
has anyone seen any legendary pokemons yet?
>>
>>27042118
What's so bad about having friends and not being autistic?
>>
>>27033053
>dont own a smartphone
I didn't realize actual autismos reside in this board
>>
>>27025538
>Ratatat
>>
File: 1467817254364.png (686 KB, 607x625) Image search: [Google]
1467817254364.png
686 KB, 607x625
>>27039684
>>
>>27027101
Dude, the game is fun, but it has a lot of problems. Once those are fixed though, it may be as good as you are trying to say it is, but for now it's just ok.
>>
>>27036708
Fucking this senpai
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.